dmm
    dmm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4116

Dirty. He will be suspended.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4190

Very true. Probably benches clearing brawl.....maybe there will be tomorrow or sometime in series.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

Quote Originally Posted by slewfan View Post
    In the 80’s Sheffy would have been laid out immediately..Pussy Canadian team...
    Beukeboom or Cam Neely would take care of business.

Tuesday
    Whores...God Bless 'Em
    Tuesday's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4061

Dirty, he had plenty time to see guy was going to be vulnerable.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Free run for the open net goal, great defensive play at the net. Clean hit and it was bang bang. That's hockey.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

he was already beaten to the play and did not let up AT ALL on follow through

Jibby that's not hockey buddy

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Free run for the open net goal, great defensive play at the net. Clean hit and it was bang bang. That's hockey.
    I dunno Jibbs.

Feels like the defender knew the play was over and it wasn't all that bang/bang that it seemed.

Unreal hit though.

Fawk.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

I'm seeing "concusssion, out indefinitely, resting at team hotel" and this...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dominique Ducharme confirms that Jake Evans is doing better, and was not hospitalized following an evaluation by team doctors. He will be out for an undetermined period of time.</p>&mdash; Canadiens Montréal (@CanadiensMTL) <a href="https://twitter.com/CanadiensMTL/status/1400484426333757445?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" >June 3, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

Clean as fukk.

He wasn’t even skating, he was just gliding at the end.

Evans should be protecting himself he has to know it is coming, just as much his fault.

What the fukk was he supposed to do just let the guy score?

He’ll get suspended a couple games because it was so violent but that’s bullshit.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I didn't think the hit was dirty at all. But his body language after he hit him.... says otherwise. It would of been better if he just didn't stand there like... "Hey... that's what I wanted to do"

MickeyMan

Quote Originally Posted by hehfest View Post
    Looks like he left his feet a little and got his arms up. Playing hockey all my life (until 30) and major juniors, I would say its a clean hit. You could say its a charging penalty at worse maybe elbowing too. Things happen fast, but Evans didn't need that empty netter that bad in order to get drilled like that.

The after-effect of what they did to Scheffy reminds me of the NFL. Cleaning up the massive collisions in the sports. Evans didn't see it coming and had his head down. That's why they say from the time your 5 years old, always keep your head up..........

Hope he will be okay!
    Bang on

MickeyMan

4 game suspension.

What a fukkin joke

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273617

sick violent play 1 year ban would be fine no reason to ruin the sport with that violence

TheMoneyShot

It's amazing with all these opinions on this hit. Like... wow. Why do you even wear pads anymore then? Like WTF?
    Last edited by TheMoneyShot; 06-03-21 at 08:45 PM.
    Points Awarded:

MickeyMan gave TheMoneyShot 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Dirty maybe send to jail with assault charges.

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4931

Borderline hit but disagree with suspension the guy shouldn't have been able to get off the ice without throwing some hands. It was somewhat of a cheap shot but Montreal should have got their pound of flesh right away.

unlearn
    unlearn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15427

He shouldn't be allowed to play until Jake Evans plays

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5964

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Dirty maybe send to jail with assault charges.
    This

vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

He went after his head which. Is evil. And illegal. Looks like he knocked him out b4 he hit the ice. When he fell he offered no defense.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Clean hard hit trying to stop the open net goal. Raw deal with the suspension.

Unrivaled
    Unrivaled's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5234

It was clean. Anyone who watches hockey regularly knows these types of hits happen all the time.

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5964

Anyone that doesn't think this is a dirty hit is blind

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Clean. Guy was about score. Put his body in a fukked up spot for a goal. Deserves it.

TheMoneyShot

Yeah... I'm just going to let this guy twirl around the goal so he can score an easy EN. lol Dude your coach would make you sit the fu#$ing bench if you allowed him to twirl around and score. WTF is wrong with some of these posts? He didn't launch... didn't extend. He could of hit him a hell of a lot worse if he wanted too.

Has hockey changed this much in the NHL? Is this a f#g league now?

Listen... I get it... we don't want evil hits... and lining up people with an elbow... and swinging sticks like mad men. But if you think your coach is going to accept you if you allow your opponent to score an easy EN like that?? Wow. And furthermore... if you're on the offense... thinking you're going to get an easy goal out of this... you have another thing coming. I don't know the dude that got smoked... but listen.. get your head out of your ass and pass the puck... you aren't going to just hold the puck and not get blasted.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

bush league

Totolover1409
    Totolover1409's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2690

Dirty

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

There was intent to cause injury and not making a hockey play. In any other of the major sports is multiple months or years of suspension.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Great hit to try to save the open net goal IMO.

Stupid to try and score at that angle coming from behind the net and not expect to get your clock cleaned. Bang bang play.

Tuesday
    Whores...God Bless 'Em
    Tuesday's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4061

Time to buy some MTL now that he suspended 👍

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22604

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Clean hard hit trying to stop the open net goal. Raw deal with the suspension.
    Not totally clean but he was playing the man....4 games is the pussy league being pussies!
    He was trying to stop a guy from scoring.

slewfan
    slewfan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10346

Quote Originally Posted by hehfest View Post
    I remember in junior A tryouts one time. Dude I used to be friends with......we both played Defense. I knew how he played. He grabbed the puck in his own end and tried going Paul Coffey goal line to goal line with the puck..........(I knew he was going to do this and I owed him one from years ago).

I literally went backward in my own zone to gain more speed. I was going full speed and totally destroyed him at center ice. He was flat on his back and took a few minutes to get up. I was standing over him. All I said is, I knew you were going to do that........try to be Paul Coffey. I chuckled and got back in the play.

That's hockey man. He had his head down for just a few seconds and he was a fast skater too. Never, never, did I consider that to be a cheap shot or a cheap hit. In fact, I think that one hit got me on the team (and I started game one) as a free agent off the street non-drafted.

Playing physical and aggressive.

This is hockey folks. While his intent very likely was to hammer Evans, why 10 games and why one game?
    I understand your hit on the guy you mentioned.. Sometimes a clean hit will change momentum.

I don’t think this was a hockey hit. It was a frustrated persons savage attempt to inflict as much pain and or injury. There was no cause for it. The game was over. You can make a case the kid could have just ate the puck and killed time. But everyone wants to score a goal in the playoffs...
    They are taking their time with this one. They better get it right..

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Quote Originally Posted by slewfan View Post
    I understand your hit on the guy you mentioned.. Sometimes a clean hit will change momentum.

I don’t think this was a hockey hit. It was a frustrated persons savage attempt to inflict as much pain and or injury. There was no cause for it. The game was over. You can make a case the kid could have just ate the puck and killed time. But everyone wants to score a goal in the playoffs...
    They are taking their time with this one. They better get it right..
    If they're taking their time then it's clean per rules... just waiting to assess a suspension that makes everyone aware yet happy.

Unrivaled
    Unrivaled's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5234

4 game suspension for a clean hit yikes.

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

I asked IGoodwin, sth Florida college player ummm .... Bush league basically.

Said fkr would have been out of the game . Easy goals like that don't exist. I think Manny is right.... Bush league
    Last edited by JayLA; 06-04-21 at 02:20 AM.

TheMoneyShot

Great opening post by Daggles... I'm glad he posted a video of this.

I've watched this 10 times now. You simply can't let him twirl around and score like that. And fukk him for thinking he's going to get an easy goal. That's his own fault. As an offensive zone skater... take it behind the net... to the corner... milk the clock... or center it. How many times have we seen players just hold the puck at the boards??? A million times!!! If he does that... and STILL GETS BLASTED... then you got some beef. But what that player did... to try and twirl around and score... and act like "JUST LET ME DO IT"??? What kind of a fukking league are we watching now???
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: DiggityDaggityDo

First 1234 Last