mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 898

He was working for the angels at the time. Have you watched them? I can see why he needed a drink.

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

At least we won't have to worry about the Pitcher batting 8th in the line up. lol

Will someone please explain the laws of baseball physics as to why he did that? lol anyone?

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4190

At least he's a winner. Can't knock him. Took many teams with less talent and won the Series before. The only thing I wonder is if the Sox knew or saw Biden winning (that guy can barely speak and has a husband named Jill and he's Jill's wife) and they thought if Biden can win at that age why not Tony (just don't have them cheat and win Tony)?

For real though, Tony might surprise you even at that age.

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    At least we won't have to worry about the Pitcher batting 8th in the line up. lol

Will someone please explain the laws of baseball physics as to why he did that? lol anyone?
    Probably because the pitcher was a rally killer and statistically for him, that spot would end up as 3 outs. So I would think that Tony would have 2 lead off guys for the game instead. That's my thinking.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

there is only one time in the game where the lineup goes 1-2-3 typically.

who are your best hitters? 1,2,3,4, with emphasis on the 3 and 4.

as the lineup goes through the 2nd, 3rd, 4th time

do you want an AUTO out to come up before you best hitters . or someone that has at least twice the chance of getting on base.

Especially now that we are seeing more lead off hitters with power again.

I've seen simulations run with lineups doing 162 with Pitcher hitting 9th and 162 with pitcher hitting 8th.

pitcher hitting 8th gets a very very small advantage, but nothing significant enough to warrant caring either way

it's a look how smart I am move by the manager, here is something you can use to talk about me more.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post

Thou I believe DWI enforcement is out of control- if no property damage is done and no injury it should be a slap on the wrist not 10k and arrest
    I feel like we should reward good drunk drivers

they get thrown under the bus

but If you drive super careful and you are super cautious and cause no accidents and get home, you've done a service to America

They should start a program, where you can sign up to get a breathlyzer installed in your car and a tracker to measure your driving safety, like some insurance companies use.

you acrue points for your safe driving, and the drunker you are and the safer you are the more points. You can then use these points to buy booze at state liquor stores or redeem for cash paid for by law enforcement and insurance companies.

maybe in some states you can use the points for dates with 16 year old girls.

we can dream, can't we?

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19605

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post

He does it to draw attention to himself, he wants everyone to think managers win games instead of players.

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Quote Originally Posted by JMobile View Post

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    I feel like we should reward good drunk drivers

they get thrown under the bus

but If you drive super careful and you are super cautious and cause no accidents and get home, you've done a service to America

They should start a program, where you can sign up to get a breathlyzer installed in your car and a tracker to measure your driving safety, like some insurance companies use.

you acrue points for your safe driving, and the drunker you are and the safer you are the more points. You can then use these points to buy booze at state liquor stores or redeem for cash paid for by law enforcement and insurance companies.

maybe in some states you can use the points for dates with 16 year old girls.

we can dream, can't we?
    Everytime a cop pulls a dude over at .085 or whatever and he's looking fine that cop runs him in and is done w their shift....meanwhile- there's 50 other drivers going past the same point that are fukking toasted drunk.

My point is, save the enforcement and officers time dedicated to it, for the deliberately drunk drivers. Those that blow within reason or pass a sobriety test in the field should simply be allowed to call uber.

Too many serious and repeat offenders getting away with it while 1st timers and those at .08- .12 (the old limits) getting arrested.

Its not a reward thing, it's a public policy thing...per usual, law enforcement is on the wrong side using antiqued policing strategy and techniques.

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 898

Do you see my ring? I’m a hall of famer, brother!

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Larussa got sentenced to 20 hrs community service and one day home confinement for his DUI

They say you only really do two days of prison, the day you go in and the day you get out.

So I guess Larussa's penalty is sorta doubled

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Sill
    Laughing

Hire an old drunk

pablo222
    pablo222's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25570

Chisox first choice was Tommy Lasorda but they were concerned with his excessive consumption of SlimFast.

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

Great hire. Guy is a hall of famer. Winner thru and thru

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Should have gotten

Leo Durocher

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

LaRussa vs renteria? No contest. If he was managing the White Sox in the A's series? He would not have panicked like renteria did.
    Would not have lost game 3. That is why renteria was fired

Doug tushyterror
    Doug tushyterror's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    Larussa got sentenced to 20 hrs community service and one day home confinement for his DUI

They say you only really do two days of prison, the day you go in and the day you get out.

So I guess Larussa's penalty is sorta doubled
    When I got busted for burglary (mail fraud) in 1994 I also got 20 hrs. CS..easy peasy..had to stock the shelves in a Bodega in Coney Island for 4 wks but they let me sign the attendance sheet & go home.

First 123