vitterd
    vitterd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3673

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    I think it would be a confident pick of someone he's "simpatico" with. I think Harris would rock the boat more than Rice. She just doesn't come off well, Rice does. IMHO
    Yeah but these idiots will bog everyone down with the benghazi stuff. This pick is really for one night in my opinion. It’s not gonna decide the race. It’s for the vp debate and Harris can tear Pence up. So could Rice though. Pence is weak.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21689

Quote Originally Posted by DucktheHoward View Post
    they've taken them all off the board at my book....not sure they would break the news at 7 pm LOL....although it looked like money was rolling in on Rice at the time they took it down...

Also seeing reports that a private plane from South Bend, In landed in Wilmington, Del a short time ago. What would Mayor Pete have to do with anything?

Let's go Keisha!!
    I wonder if Biden might also roll out a whole bunch of potential appointments at the same time. Mayor Pete for....? VA Secretary?

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by vitterd View Post
    Yeah but these idiots will bog everyone down with the benghazi stuff. This pick is really for one night in my opinion. It’s not gonna decide the race. It’s for the vp debate and Harris can tear Pence up. So could Rice though. Pence is weak.
    Benghazi doesn't resonate with anyone other than diehard Trumpers anyway. Let em. The more they bring up the Obama Admin the better.

vitterd

I wonder if Biden might also roll out a whole bunch of potential appointments at the same time. Mayor Pete for....? VA Secretary?
    I was thinking that as well. Roll out a team in place that will take over on day one. Would be a good political move to look like a plan is in place while we sit thru the chaos of trump. Could be. Show unity that way.

DucktheHoward
    DucktheHoward's Avatar Become A Pro!

yeah, he may well do that, especially since he knows there's going to be people feeling let down no matter who he picks as VP

So assuming that, who would he be trying to appease by putting Mayor Pete out front? He is another one who had a pretty contentious debate with Harris (she called him naive at one point)....so yeah, if I was trying to read into Mayor Pete sneaking over to delaware, I might see it as Biden is about to pick Harris and wants Pete to help sell it

I'm still holding out hopr for my 100 to 1 shot though!

DucktheHoward

And after all this, the line settles back to where it was about 30 minutes ago: Harris +130, Rice +180

Biden having a sit down with Buttigeg at this late hour does make me a bit concerned that it's about to be Harris -- why would he roll out Cabinet contenders when we still don't have a VP?

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

Well he did say he will have a woman vice president so mayor Pete would be perfect. Lol you people really think Biden has a chance. Hilarious.
    Points Awarded:

oldmanTED gave themike78 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

vitterd

And after all this, the line settles back to where it was about 30 minutes ago: Harris +130, Rice +180

Biden having a sit down with Buttigeg at this late hour does make me a bit concerned that it's about to be Harris -- why would he roll out Cabinet contenders when we still don't have a VP?
    Harris checks every box that he needs in a VP. I don’t see how it isn’t her but that’s just my guess.

vitterd

Quote Originally Posted by themike78 View Post
    Well he did say he will have a woman vice president so mayor Pete would be perfect. Lol you people really think Biden has a chance. Hilarious.
    You’re not well. Trump is finished. He’s so desperate they are now running Kanye West campaign and trying to destroy the postal service. Trump is getting mauled. He’s just about to make up a fake vaccine. That’s his next Hail Mary.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Harris checks every box that he needs in a VP. I don’t see how it isn’t her but that’s just my guess.
    Doesn't help with geography.
    She was law enforcement.
    To be honest, she's just not very likable.
    Clips of what she said about Biden will be featured in Trump ads.
    Can Biden trust her not to stab him in the back, again?

What boxes does Rice not check? Just because she hasn't held elected office? Is Trump going to make that argument?

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Live:
    Rice 48
    Harris 40

vitterd

She was law enforcement.

What boxes does Rice not check? Just because she hasn't held elected office? Is Trump going to make that argument?
    Capable black woman with governing experience. That’s what they have wanted. I think Rice baggage isn’t worth it. Harris and Bottoms I like better for this race.

Eh, I never worry about primary debates and spats.....that happens in every cycle.

DucktheHoward

She was law enforcement.

Tucker Carlson about to run a piece on Rice, it will the 2nd one he's done on her in the last week, so it looks like Tucker is leaning toward it being Rice

I think Rice is even less likeable than Harris. Trump dodged a question on her during his press conference a couple hours ago, but he did go off on a tangent about Obama/Biden spying on him, so you will have 2016 election spying + Benghazi if it is Rice -- but I just can't see him passing on Kamela and picking Rice

Oh, and have you seen Kamela's Wikipedia page? Someone said it has been edited more than 400 times in the last couple weeks....seems almost pathetic how hard she is trying....And not to mention, David Axelrod implying earlier today that it was Kamela who dumped the oppo research to sink karen bass

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Tucker Carlson about to run a piece on Rice, it will the 2nd one he's done on her in the last week, so it looks like Tucker is leaning toward it being Rice

I think Rice is even less likeable than Harris. Trump dodged a question on her during his press conference a couple hours ago, but he did go off on a tangent about Obama/Biden spying on him, so you will have 2016 election spying + Benghazi if it is Rice -- but I just can't see him passing on Kamela and picking Rice

Oh, and have you seen Kamela's Wikipedia page? Someone said it has been edited more than 400 times in the last couple weeks....seems almost pathetic how hard she is trying....And not to mention, David Axelrod implying earlier today that it was Kamela who dumped the oppo research to sink karen bass
    Good. Just shows him to be nutty. Everything Obama gets under his skin. Good.

vitterd

Whichever one he picks, I truly don’t think it changes the outcome. Biden will win

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Whichever one he picks, I truly don’t think it changes the outcome. Biden will win
    Candidly, the biggest risk is his health. A warm pulse beats Trump.

DucktheHoward

Even before I got my longshot crush on KLB, I just couldn't see it being Rice. Still don't. Too much of a motivating dislike for her IMO

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Rice 50
    Harris 36

Word leaking?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11913

Only guarantee at this point is it's a BLACK WOMAN..

DucktheHoward

Rice 50
    Harris 36

Word leaking?
    OTB at my book, but rice was steaming before they took it down

Probably just last minute speculation, the NYT ran a headline saying that an announcement was imminent at the same time the lines started moving

DucktheHoward

Trump was asked about Rice at the presser, and then FOX News brought her up a couple times -- nobody talking about kamela

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Trump was asked about Rice at the presser, and then FOX News brought her up a couple times -- nobody talking about kamela
    I think she gets in Trump's head. Makes him go nuts and spin his wild conspiracy theories that plays to no one but the ultra die hards. You saw he went straight to the whole Comey, Clapper, Brennan, etc. 164,00 covid dead. Nobody cares about his paranoid delusions.

vitterd

November 3rd can’t get here fast enough. This clown show admin is destroying the country more day by day. Hour by hour.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Conflicting reports on harris, seems absurd a grown up would unfollow on twitter over something like that.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11913

VP = President in Biden's case in this upcoming election!! Dude is brain dead even though he can ride a bike for 10 minutes and look fit for his age. Brain is mush...

No way Biden makes 4 years in office and he knows that.. That's why he already said if he wins he won't run for a second term.. That tells you something there.

Name one President that says he won't run for a second term if he wins? You can't, Answer is 0!!! Can't vote for Biden he's done before he even started!!!!

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    VP = President in Biden's case in this upcoming election!! Dude is brain dead even though he can ride a bike for 10 minutes and look fit for his age. Brain is mush...

No way Biden makes 4 years in office and he knows that.. That's why he already said if he wins he won't run for a second term.. That tells you something there.

Name one President that says he won't run for a second term if he wins? You can't, Answer is 0!!! Can't vote for Biden he's done before he even started!!!!

I expect it, but when did he actually say he wouldn't run for reelection?

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Harris is speaking right before Biden at the convention, seems more likely she will be the vp.

BarkingToad
    BarkingToad's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19223

I would believe the Dems want someone who they think can run a strong 2024 presidential campaign. Remind me, how good a job did Harris do with her recent presidential campaign?

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    Harris is speaking right before Biden at the convention, seems more likely she will be the vp.
    If she actually does speak at that time she's not the vp. Vp speaks the night before. Rice not named kn speaker list. Because she's vp? Methinks yes.

DucktheHoward

surprised to see the odds are back up, being this close....

looks like harris has taken over as slight favorite after slipping last night, at least at my book

To add to the point about the speaker list, FOX News just pointed out that all of the contenders have been assigned speaker slots, except for 2: karen nass and susan rice, and one speak slot remains open (make of it what you will)

Not giving up on KLB just yet!

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

surprised to see the odds are back up, being this close....

looks like harris has taken over as slight favorite after slipping last night, at least at my book

To add to the point about the speaker list, FOX News just pointed out that all of the contenders have been assigned speaker slots, except for 2: karen nass and susan rice, and one speak slot remains open (make of it what you will)

Not giving up on KLB just yet!
    Predictit right now:
    Rice 47
    Harris 42
    Demmings 9

Incredible it hasn't leaked yet.

Point was also made that Kaine had been assigned a regular speaking spot originally which as then switched when he was announced. So can't read too much into Harris being slotted. Then again you'd figure everyone in contention would get a slot so with 1 slot only open and 2 contenders not having slots it does make you wonder.

DucktheHoward

Predictit right now:
    Rice 47
    Harris 42
    Demmings 9

Incredible it hasn't leaked yet.

Point was also made that Kaine had been assigned a regular speaking spot originally which as then switched when he was announced. So can't read too much into Harris being slotted. Then again you'd figure everyone in contention would get a slot so with 1 slot only open and 2 contenders not having slots it does make you wonder.
    i'm in agreement that i'm not worried about the speaker list, seems a bit too obvious to me lol

They say that the vetting team has gone home and biden is mulling his options, it must be fun being the one who decides when to take the odds down

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

i'm in agreement that i'm not worried about the speaker list, seems a bit too obvious to me lol

They say that the vetting team has gone home and biden is mulling his options, it must be fun being the one who decides when to take the odds down
    I don't think Predictit takes it down. People are just trading. When announced it will shoot to 99.

Kind of amazing if he still hasn't decided to this minute. I am sure the announcement will be tomorrow, or Thursday at the very latest. Can't imagine he'd wait to do it on a Friday. And there are a lot of logistics, although maybe less now if everything is remote and no travel.

DucktheHoward

has susan rice ever given a political speech? I looked up 2016 and didn't see her as a speaker -- although she has done some college commencement and foreign policy lectures, stuff like that, but nothing like the kind of speech you'd expect at the convention lol

maybe that is why she is not on the speaker list

DucktheHoward

I don't think Predictit takes it down. People are just trading. When announced it will shoot to 99.

Kind of amazing if he still hasn't decided to this minute. I am sure the announcement will be tomorrow, or Thursday at the very latest. Can't imagine he'd wait to do it on a Friday. And there are a lot of logistics, although maybe less now if everything is remote and no travel.
    they do try to keep it tight lipped -- i can't remember if it was pence or kaine, but that news broke when somebody noticed they had picked up a secret service detail

i think another one was broke because of flight records

although with no travel and everything being virtual, it would be doable for him to keep it a secret to the last minute -- just don't tell the kids

First ... 13141516171819 ... Last