stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32317

Who's the second best team right now in the NFL?

After six weeks it's a foregone conclusion that the road to the Super Bowl runs through New England.

So? Who's the second best team in the NFL entering week seven?

I'd say the Saints are if they can score more from the redzone.
    It's not all Teddy's fault, he's been efficient so far not to mention 4-0 as Bree's fillin.
    And New Orleans needs to stop committing those silly offensive penalties.

The Chiefs?
    They are who most of thought they are.
    All offense with an all universe QB Mahomes, the game's elite TE Kelce, and a talented group of WR's. that can't play a lick of defense. Hell, I'd be hard pressed to put KC in the top five.
    You can run on them all day, they've allowed 180 or more yard rushing yards a game every game for the last month. Texas, playing at Arrowhead yet held the ball for 40 minutes last week. Oh, they're not very good at defending the pass either. We had this talk on these very here boards in September, if the Chiefs aren't perfect on offense they ain't winning. They haven't been perfect on offense this season and that 4-2 record does not impress me, yet they're still Chief yahoo's out there that still think KC is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

The 49'ers?
    Peter King yesterday called San Francisco legitimate contenders.
    And I think he's right and he has 100x more NFL knowledge than I do.
    SF depending on what metrics you use has the best or second best defenses in the NFC.
    You sure as hell can't pass on them, they're number one in that department in the NFL, yes better than Chicago and New England, they're difficult to run on,
    There's a reason why Belichick didn't want to move Garoppolo, Jimmy and the Niners are 5-0 and remember Jimmy's two beefy o-line tackles have been both out with leg injuries, and speaking of beefy his TE injury has an achy groin, that's gotta hurt when you sport a sudden woody huh?
    Niner's biggest problem is they give the ball away too much when they get to the red zone.
    Yeah, Peter King is correct, they are legit, right now the best team in the NFC and the second best team in the NFL.

The Seahawks?
    Too bad the Seahawks play out there in the Puget Sound or they would get much more love.
    Wilson is always a lethal weapon at QB, the running back Carson has turned out to be one of the league's better RB's, and Wilson's go to wide out Tyler Lockett is sound. Word is their up and coming TE is lost now for the season, shame he was developing into a fine tight end, 2nd on the team in receiving to Lockett. Now the rookie DK Metcalf need to step it up, he might be a good one, who knows, but the Seahawks can't throw to Carson out of the backfield much more.
    The 'Hawks defense is barely mediore, yes they are 5-1 and 3-0 in their last three games, but it's nowhere near the level of the Legion of Doom Days. Look at their last three games, yeah they are put up 30 on the whole in those three games but it's pretty alarming in their last two the Hawks have given up 57 points. Their problem is they don't get to the QB anymore. Actually their pass rush sucks so far. I don't think they've gotten a sack in their last two games. I know they rank near the bottom of the NFL in sacks which doesn't make sense with Ziggy and Clowney.
    If you can't get to the better QB's in the league your going to get eaten alive in the playoffs.
    But at 5-1 you would think the Seahawks are a top five team, not a top two though.

Lastly I'll toss in Green Bay even though the league and the zebras gifted them a win last night just like the league and the refs gifted the Steelers all those games a decade ago.
    Packers no way no how deserved that win. Nevertheless it goes in the books as one and Green Bay is 5-1.
    What's amazing is GB is 5-1 with (like Brady) a first ballot Hall of Fame QB (Rodgers) that's pushing a 100 years old.
    Unlike Brady Rodgers has no weapons to pass to if Davonte Adams is sidelined. Valdes-Scantling and Allison are young and inconsistent, same with the kid from Iowa State Lazard. Rodgers tight ends like Aaron himself are also pushing 100 years old, and like I said if Adams isn't playing Jones in the backfield is the only reliable weapon he's got (but Jamaal Williams out of the backfield is chipping in some with the receiving) Thank God Green Bay has an all world place kicker (Crosby), great place kickers are rare. you got another 100 year old AV in Indy, Bryant in Atlanta, Dan Bailey is still booming them and Justin Tucker for the Ravens I think is the best in the business. Gostkowski for the Patriots is past his prime and rumor has it may be done. But I digress, back to the Packers.
    What's up with the Packer's defense, they've given up 80 points in the past three games. Like I said they should be 1 and 2 in their last three games, not 2-1.

If I'm lumping in the Packers with the aforementioned teams it wouldn't be fair if I didn't include the Vikings and the Bills and the Lions and the Texans, but I won't because I can only sit at this keyboard for a certain length of time.
    If the season ended today the Bills would be the first wild card in. Who knew? Well I had a feeling they were going to be much improved, but not to this extent so far.

So back to my original question, it's not debatable that the Patriots are the best team in the NFL at this point I ask, who's the second best?

My answer is the 49ers, than maybe the Saints? Maybe? You can throw six or so other teams into the third through eight best teams after six weeks.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Texans

Carseller4
    Carseller4's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5057

With Drew Brees --- Saints
    Without Drew Brees --- Saints

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 172

Agree pats in AFC no doubt

Chiefs fans delusional they can complete w that d

As far as NFC I think 5 or 6 teams have a shot at it

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

The Seahawks of course

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Pats want no part of Houston

Minnesota dangerous

johnnyvegas13

Quote Originally Posted by SEAHAWKHARRY View Post
    The Seahawks of course
    lol Harry u had the browns

Hawks one of the teams tho

Tanko
    Slow roll
    Tanko's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24856

Houston or 49ers...

johnnyvegas13

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Pats want no part of Houston

Minnesota dangerous
    Houston d is about as good as chiefs so no

Minny a solid team but cousins isn't very good

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    lol Harry u had the browns

Hawks one of the teams tho
    As the second best never I did take the browns this weekend it was a close one manziel/ mayfield choked again

romecloneout
    romecloneout's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 489

Pats

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11889

Packers or Saints come playoff time.. Patriots still #1.. Right now is a tough call.. Alot of teams finishing second place.. I'd go with the second best defensive team in the league in the SF 49ers today though.. Defenses win championships..

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...1-texans-surge

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20370

Who said Pats are first? If you gave any of the top 5 teams their schedule they would be undefeated too. NE is pretty weak offensively, they are just yet to face a decent team.

jts1207
    jts1207's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 242

Niners

Saints lose Sunday

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Baltimore

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

Nice content, good post Nasher

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Minnesota dangerous
    Not just dangerous, very dangerous.
    Spot on Coach.'
    Hey Coach, have your girl call my girl, we'll do lunch.
    I'll buy.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Pats

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Patriots

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    Who said Pats are first? If you gave any of the top 5 teams their schedule they would be undefeated too. NE is pretty weak offensively, they are just yet to face a decent team.
    true

49ers would kick the shit out of the Patriots and probably end Tom Brady’s career.

Just imagine if Thomas, Buckner, or Bosa got their hands on Brady.

It’s game over.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Saints, 49ers haven't played a real team yet.
    Points Awarded:

kingdom gave thomorino 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 432

Texans are improving more each week.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Texans are improving more each week.
    yeah but dude yall lost at home to the Panthers....

how does that happen?

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Bcatswin View Post
    Nice content, good post Nasher
    Thank you sir.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Packers & refs

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Why all the NE love?

Brady looks terrible this year

I can't see them winning 2 playoff games w that shit offense

Green Bay is a fraud. Philly a better team. GB 3rd best team in it's own division.

I'm still high on Dallas. They'll run off 4 or 5 straight here and right the ship.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Rams are the second best team in the NFL

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19599

Looks like Buffalo.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11889

No one giving the 49ers any love in this thread.. Might have the #1 defense in the league outside the numbers.. Foolish people.. 49ers might be super bowl worthy this year I kid you not.. SF can run the ball and play lock down defense.. They stay healthy they will be right there in the end..

If late to the party these still might not be bad bet futures to consider right now..

25007 San Francisco 49ers win Super Bowl +950

25203 San Francisco 49ers win NFC Conf +450

johnnyvegas13

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    No one giving the 49ers any love in this thread.. Might have the #1 defense in the league outside the numbers.. Foolish people.. 49ers might be super bowl worthy this year I kid you not.. SF can run the ball and play lock down defense.. They stay healthy they will be right there in the end..

If late to the party these still might not be bad bet futures to consider right now..

25007 San Francisco 49ers win Super Bowl +950

25203 San Francisco 49ers win NFC Conf +450
    Pats vs 49ers Super Bowl good story line jimmy g vs former team

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Baltimore
    Oh hell no. Their d a shell of its former self.

2daBank

Hard to say with KC cause they have so many injuries. Once they get healthy they still prob the team that scares pats.

If Houston only had a better coach!!!!

Niners really lacking weapons on outside but shanny so creative it kinda mask that. Their defense is awesome. Saints/niners look great.

Still early,

Packers and lions both tough.

Seahawks always very tough!!!

Vikings need a qb!!

Eagles need a secondary.

Dallas needs a coach!!

Nfc is loaded!!!

AFC not so much.

Houston, kc, maybe Indy and ravens could be interesting?

johnnyvegas13

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Hard to say with KC cause they have so many injuries. Once they get healthy they still prob the team that scares pats.

If Houston only had a better coach!!!!

Niners really lacking weapons on outside but shanny so creative it kinda mask that. Their defense is awesome. Saints/niners look great.

Still early,

Packers and lions both tough.

Seahawks always very tough!!!

Vikings need a qb!!

Eagles need a secondary.

Dallas needs a coach!!

Nfc is loaded!!!

AFC not so much.

Houston, kc, maybe Indy and ravens could be interesting?
    Pretty much spot on

Tho I woudnt include the lions in the discussion

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    Pretty much spot on

Tho I woudnt include the lions in the discussion
    I dunno man. Lions deserve respect imo. We see if they hold up (I’m not sure they will either) but fat Matt P is actually doing a good job. They shoulda won in GB on Monday night! No easy task. They shoulda beat kc too!! They also gave away the win in Zona week 1. So they need to learn to close games, they been out playing lot of good teams!!

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    No one giving the 49ers any love in this thread..
    I did, it's there in the very first post.
    Saints are doing a heck of a job with Teddy filling in for Drew.
    Bridgewater knows his role, just be efficient, and he's doing just that.

Hey, don't look now, OK look, do you see who's just a game back of the division leaders?
    If you said my G-Men then give yourself a cigar. Not just any stogy, but a Cuban fatty.
    Allow me to dream for a moment, we have a mobile QB for the first time since the T-Rex roamed the Meadowlands of New Jersey.
    Not just mobile but poised. We're getting our beast of a RB Barkley back, a stud. We're getting our WR1 back, Shepherd, Shepherd and Tate is an OK 1-2 WR tandem, not great but god enough. We're getting back our top five TE Engram. Yes sir boys and girls the band is back together. And the Giants are starting to play some defense too.

Oh shit, I just woke up from a wet dream.
    I just remembered the rest of the schedule.
    The next four games we have two softies (Arizona and the Jets) but in between those two we have a pissed of Cowboy team at home and a good if not very good Lion team, in Detroit to boot. It'll behoove the G-Men to take care of business against the Cards and the Jets, find a way beat the Cowboys at home. Than at Bears, Packers, at Eagles, Dolphins, Redskins and Eagles again.
    I can safely say the Giants will win four of those games and that won't do it. They have to win at least seven.
    Dream over.

12 Last