DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Was never a top 5 QB at any point in his career.

So... no, not a HOF QB.

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2774

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    do you think Joe Namath and Troy Aikman deserve to be in the HOF over Eli? Comical.
    Shocka,
    I have numerous arguments over the years about this very subject..to further illustrate your point and put things into proper perspective, let's play a little game shall we?...I'm going to give you the career regular season stats for two QB's...one of them is in the HOF and the other is not...we will call these QB's X and Y...

QB X career:

G GS Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD Int Lng Avg Rate
    140 129 1,886 3,762 50.1 27,663 173 220 91 7.4 65.5

QB Y career:
    G GS Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD Int Lng Avg Rate
    167 124 2,044 3,602 56.7 25,206 160 138 84 7.0 77.4

based on these numbers, you could surmise that QB Y outperformed and outplayed QB X based on efficiency and overall production...QB Y played 27 more regular season games than QB X...QB X threw for 2,000 more yds in his career but look at the TD-INT ratio....QB X had 173 to 220...QB Y had 160 to 138...Huge advantage for QB Y...QB Y had 56.7 completion % to QB X 50.1...advantage QB Y...QB Y had a career rating of 77.4 and QB X had a rating of 65.5...Huge advantage for QB Y...Also during their respective careers QB X had 71 rushing attempts for 140 yds for a 2.0 avg and 7 career rushing TD's...QB Y had 355 rushing attempts for 1,815 yds for a 5.1 avg and 17 career rushing TD's...Huge advantage for QB Y...now, let's be clear about this...neither of these QB's should be in the HOF based on these stats, right?...if anything, QB Y should definitely be in and a lock over QB X...but now comes the funny part!...QB X is in the HOF and QB Y is not...QB X is Joe Namath and QB Y is Joe Theismann!

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Why you being mean bout it? I don’t know that nameth belongs in, never saw him play. Aiken’s without a doubt yes, comical to think Eli was ever better than aikman.
    debatable. didn't win until he finally didn't have to worry about Prime time picking him off. Guy gets a lot more praise. look at the team around him.. certainly had more help than Eli ever did.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    Was never a top 5 QB at any point in his career.

So... no, not a HOF QB.
    2011 if the game was close, everyone knew they were about to get cooked.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9059

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Don't think he's a hall of fame qb

500 record

led league in INTs multiple times

average stats

2 rings and 2 superbowl mvps are what gives him a chance

i personally don't think he's any better than flacco

flacco did something very similar. manning just did it twice.

not even sure how pats lost that first superbowl.

randy moss disappeared

all brady's superbowls he's lost have been one possession

damn what a legend

could easily have 9 rings lmfao
    Love Eli...but agree he's on the same level as Flacco.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

debatable. didn't win until he finally didn't have to worry about Prime time picking him off. Guy gets a lot more praise. look at the team around him.. certainly had more help than Eli ever did.
    That certainly fair. Without looking at numbers I’d guess his completion percentage blows his doors off tho.,

Ultimately very few the “greats” would have been great had they been stuck on a loser franchise. Nobody wins on their own in this sport!! Do we really think David Carr wasn’t talented? He just got drafted by what at the time was a pathetic franchise and guy took a beating!! Not one HOF qb would have been put in his spot and done anything!!

I’ll give you that I’m overly critical of Eli, as I am lot of guys I think get too much love. Most nationally but in Eli case it just from New Yorkers who I love to argue with anyways!! Lol.,

Eli might not have ever had the teams aikman had but Eli had the support and franchise he picked, he forced his way out of SD and into blue if you recall? So whatever teams he had he chose then!

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

This decision was two years old.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

That certainly fair. Without looking at numbers I’d guess his completion percentage blows his doors off tho.,

Ultimately very few the “greats” would have been great had they been stuck on a loser franchise. Nobody wins on their own in this sport!! Do we really think David Carr wasn’t talented? He just got drafted by what at the time was a pathetic franchise and guy took a beating!! Not one HOF qb would have been put in his spot and done anything!!

I’ll give you that I’m overly critical of Eli, as I am lot of guys I think get too much love. Most nationally but in Eli case it just from New Yorkers who I love to argue with anyways!! Lol.,

Eli might not have ever had the teams aikman had but Eli had the support and franchise he picked, he forced his way out of SD and into blue if you recall? So whatever teams he had he chose then!
    Troy also had an offensive line that attracted 8 in the box at all times basically and still couldn't win until Jerry signed the guy who would shut down Michael Irvin... of course maybe my vision is skewed because I was literally the only giants fan growing up around cowboys fans but it made me watch the team a lot more than the usual eye would. They won a damn Super Bowl with Barry Switzer coaching which should tell you just about everything you need to know.

And about the SD thing... why is that such a dark cloud? no one wants to play for the Spanos.. ask Melvin Gordon, Junior Seau (RIP), Boss, Drew Brees, Michael Turner, Rodney Harrison. he didn't want to play for them because they treat their players like shit. Look at the way NY treated Eli. Yes, we can argue he deserved better considering yes the good teams were good but the teams around him have been embarrassing.

2daBank

Troy also had an offensive line that attracted 8 in the box at all times basically and still couldn't win until Jerry signed the guy who would shut down Michael Irvin... of course maybe my vision is skewed because I was literally the only giants fan growing up around cowboys fans but it made me watch the team a lot more than the usual eye would. They won a damn Super Bowl with Barry Switzer coaching which should tell you just about everything you need to know.

And about the SD thing... why is that such a dark cloud? no one wants to play for the Spanos.. ask Melvin Gordon, Junior Seau (RIP), Boss, Drew Brees, Michael Turner, Rodney Harrison. he didn't want to play for them because they treat their players like shit. Look at the way NY treated Eli. Yes, we can argue he deserved better considering yes the good teams were good but the teams around him have been embarrassing.
    It’s not a dark cloud at All, I don’t blame him, if you noticed what I said about QBs in general above that I think he was smart to force his way away from a what he thought was a loser situation!! Just saying he had the franchise he wanted so should be happy w the teams he had around him. Not hating on that move at all. Every qb should have powerful enough daddy’s to pull it off! (lol, cheap shot, lol).

I know aikman had way better players around him, that why he had a dynasty!!

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

Quote Originally Posted by Bcatswin View Post
    Hall of Famer
    Respectfully disagree.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Don't think he's a hall of fame qb

500 record

led league in INTs multiple times

average stats

2 rings and 2 superbowl mvps are what gives him a chance

i personally don't think he's any better than flacco

flacco did something very similar. manning just did it twice.

not even sure how pats lost that first superbowl.

randy moss disappeared

all brady's superbowls he's lost have been one possession

damn what a legend

could easily have 9 rings lmfao
    missed kicks, seahawks don't pass, he could easily be a lebron 3-6 even worse didn't even bring up the 28-3 choke

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    2-0 vs Brady in the Superbowl.

All that matters
    Never liked that argument.
    Eli and Brady were never on the field at the same time ever.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    missed kicks, seahawks don't pass, he could easily be a lebron 3-6 even worse didn't even bring up the 28-3 choke
    Omg the falcons. I was against pats on that one of course!! Lol. Actually been against them in several the early ones whenever I could get more than a fg!!!

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

Omg the falcons. I was against pats on that one of course!! Lol. Actually been against them in several the early ones whenever I could get more than a fg!!!
    I was on the pats large pre game and doubled down when they were down 28-3... I knew the fix was in. Falcons classic penalty on 3rd down to take themselves out of FG range

2daBank

I was on the pats large pre game and doubled down when they were down 28-3... I knew the fix was in. Falcons classic penalty on 3rd down to take themselves out of FG range
    Fukker, lol. Couldn’t believe they even blew the cover!!

That’s ok, i was on pats huge vs the seachickens. I had no business winning that one! Thank you Pete Carroll!! Lol

Brady really should have a terrible SB record!! And we all know they basically got a free pass to afc championship every year!!

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

Fukker, lol. Couldn’t believe they even blew the cover!!

That’s ok, i was on pats huge vs the seachickens. I had no business winning that one! Thank you Pete Carroll!! Lol

Brady really should have a terrible SB record!! And we all know they basically got a free pass to afc championship every year!!
    James white got hosed out of MVP (which I had a prop on)

First 12