itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Gators & Canes tomorrow

What are the leans here?

I originally wanted the under but the more I think about Mullen being passed over at The U and Diaz inexperienced I just think Florida covers here and adds on late as the game settles in.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Neither team is exactly loaded on offense. The total opened at 50 in Vegas, and is now down to as low as 45 1/2. Not exactly a lot of confidence shown in either offense.

hankcream
    hankcream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5458

Miami starting an experienced Freshman QB, so you would think Florida's defense should dominate and probably score points. I am surprised line hasn't moved over 7 yet.

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14392

I’m voting Florida-7

mike tyson35
    mike tyson35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Florida was one of the nation’s most-improved teams in coach Dan Mullen’s first year in Gainesville last season. The Gators finished 4-7 in 2017 but jumped to 10-3 after beating Michigan in the Peach Bowl in ’18. Mullen hopes to maintain the momentum established from last fall and push Florida into contention for the SEC East title. The Gators return quarterback Feleipe Franks and one of the SEC’s top cast of skill players, but big question marks remain in the trenches with four new starters. Despite some attrition in the secondary, Florida returns one of the SEC’s top defenses.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Miami will be lucky to score

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    Miami will be lucky to score
    Yet the line is going down....

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by mike tyson35 View Post
    Florida was one of the nation’s most-improved teams in coach Dan Mullen’s first year in Gainesville last season. The Gators finished 4-7 in 2017 but jumped to 10-3 after beating Michigan in the Peach Bowl in ’18. Mullen hopes to maintain the momentum established from last fall and push Florida into contention for the SEC East title. The Gators return quarterback Feleipe Franks and one of the SEC’s top cast of skill players, but big question marks remain in the trenches with four new starters. Despite some attrition in the secondary, Florida returns one of the SEC’s top defenses.
    Henderson back and Wilson should improve for Florida’s D and the Canes yo front on the O line aren’t great so unless they end up turning to Martel mid Gabe and he lights it up to prove something I think Florida wears them down.

Not a huge wager but time to get in rhythm headed into the season. Good luck

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Neither team is exactly loaded on offense. The total opened at 50 in Vegas, and is now down to as low as 45 1/2. Not exactly a lot of confidence shown in either offense.
    Huh? WTH are you talking about? UF is as loaded on offense as any team in CFB. Have you seen their skill positions? Only team with better WR is possibly Bama.

Mac4Lyfe

Facts not fiction...

UF Points Per Game.

2008 (Dan Mullen's final year at UF): 43.6
    2009: 35.9
    2010: 29.8
    2011: 25.5
    2012: 26.5
    2013: 18.8
    2014: 30.2
    2015: 23.2
    2016: 23.9
    2017: 22.1
    2018 (Dan Mullen returns): 35.0

In a transition year, Mullen's offense scored more last year than the all but on of the previous decade. So, now you have a team returning 18 of 22 starting players, including the QB, a solid RB core including the 2nd highest yard per carry back and you think the offense isn't loaded???

Now, they will be going up against a very good defense in Miami. The line is low not because of the Gator offense.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Huh? WTH are you talking about? UF is as loaded on offense as any team in CFB. Have you seen their skill positions? Only team with better WR is possibly Bama.
    You guys are in that Bama curse from a few years back with good receivers but no solid guy to distribute the ball out there. Interested to see how Franks improves this year. One injury to Fromm and the East is yours this season.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    You guys are in that Bama curse from a few years back with good receivers but no solid guy to distribute the ball out there. Interested to see how Franks improves this year. One injury to Fromm and the East is yours this season.
    Franks has gotten a bad rap and it's really not fair. He was sandbagged when he started his Gator career being coached by Shark Fukkker. 2017 was not a good year for him but he was a RS FS coached by a dumb ass. Since Mullen came aboard, Franks has really made a 180. Mullen is a QB whisperer. He knows what it takes to be a winning QB. Unfortunately, people still try to paint Franks with McElwain's horrible brush but he made huge improvements and last years stats prove it. Take a look...

Franks played in and started all 13 games at quarterback, throwing for 2,457 yards with 24 touchdowns and six interceptions on the season… Totaled 350 rushing yards on 110 carries and a team-high tying seven rushing touchdowns… Led the Gators to a 10-3 record and No. 6 final ranking in the USA Today Coaches’ Poll… Became the first Gators quarterback since John Brantley in 2010 to start every game throughout the entire season… Finished the season with 31 touchdowns accounted for, tied with Chris Leak’s 2004 season for the seventh-highest single-season total in school history… His seven rushing touchdowns left him one shy of tying Tim Tebow (2006) and Jimmy Fisher (1979) for the sixth-most rushing touchdowns by a Gators quarterback in a single season… Ranked tied for 32nd nationally with 24 touchdown passes, which was also the highest single-season total by a UF quarterback since Tebow threw 30 in 2008... Finished the season tied for 17th nationally in touchdown-interception ratio… Among players with 315-plus attempts, he tied for 14th... Since the start of 1996, Tebow (7.50 - 2008; 5.33 - 2007; 4.20 - 2009) is the only Gator with a better touchdown-interception ratio than Franks’ 4.00 (24 to 6) in 2018… One of 12 FBS quarterbacks to throw more than 20 touchdowns and less than seven interceptions… Became the fourth Gators QB since 1996 to accomplish that aforementioned feat, and Franks had the second-most attempts (322) in that bundle, only trailing Tebow’s 2007 season (350)… Registered the highest passing yardage total since Tebow threw for 2,895 yards in 2009… His four games of three-plus touchdown passes were the most such games since Tebow had four in 2008, and they were just one shy of UF quarterbacks’ combined total from the 50 games spanning 2014-17… His six 200-yard passing games are the most since Tebow’s seven in 2009… Capped his season with Offensive MVP honors in the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl, as he joined Tebow as the only other Gators quarterback since the start of the 2000 season to record a passing touchdown and rushing touchdown in a bowl game.. Ended the 2018 season on a streak of 135 pass attempts without an interception (last INT vs. Georgia in 1st Quarter), which ranks as the fourth-longest streak in UF history…

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Didn’t gators win a bunch of close games last year?? Not anything wrong w that but often times hard thing to sustain.

mike tyson35

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Didn’t gators win a bunch of close games last year?? Not anything wrong w that but often times hard thing to sustain.
    Close games is because there offense have been bad the last few years. I expect this game to be close. Miami defense is good and Florida have 4 new starters on the O-line

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post
    Yet the line is going down....
    and?

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    and?
    Lol

2daBank

Close games is because there offense have been bad the last few years. I expect this game to be close. Miami defense is good and Florida have 4 new starters on the O-line
    Total pretty much screams not a lot of offense.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

under

Memento
    Short Term Memory Loss Required
    Memento's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 474

Florida....and in a big way.

ElJefe305
    ElJefe305's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 850

Mullen’s offense is predicated on an offensive live containing pressure so his QB can pinpoint mismatches. Now how is that gonna happen if they lost 153 starts???

Looooooooong day for both offenses tomorrow; people thinking Franks is a good QB are so delusional. Kid Is terrible against legit defenses and was one of the worst QB’s when facing pressure last season...Miami’s pretty good at that.

I’m not saying we’ll win. But people who think Florida is gonna romp are comical.
    Points Awarded:

mike tyson35 gave ElJefe305 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

ElJefe305
    ElJefe305's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 850

Another note. Everyone loooooves UF’s secondary. CJ Henderson is a great cover corner; but go look at the film and you’ll see he’s a b!tch when it comes to contact. He hates being hit. Georgia had their way with him and so did Missouri. Marco Wilson has been out for less than 10 months from his ACL tear. Stewart is going to be suspended. Just sayin.

mike tyson35

This game will be heavily defense dominated, even saying that it can still go over. With sloppy special team plays

2daBank

This game will be heavily defense dominated, even saying that it can still go over. With sloppy special team plays
    Happens a ton w ncaa fb totals in the 40s. Be the most ugly dog shit offensive game you ever seen and next thing you know a punt return, pick 6, and you sitting there w 7 min left preying nobody scores, lol.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Franks has gotten a bad rap and it's really not fair. He was sandbagged when he started his Gator career being coached by Shark Fukkker. 2017 was not a good year for him but he was a RS FS coached by a dumb ass. Since Mullen came aboard, Franks has really made a 180. Mullen is a QB whisperer. He knows what it takes to be a winning QB. Unfortunately, people still try to paint Franks with McElwain's horrible brush but he made huge improvements and last years stats prove it. Take a look...

Franks played in and started all 13 games at quarterback, throwing for 2,457 yards with 24 touchdowns and six interceptions on the season… Totaled 350 rushing yards on 110 carries and a team-high tying seven rushing touchdowns… Led the Gators to a 10-3 record and No. 6 final ranking in the USA Today Coaches’ Poll… Became the first Gators quarterback since John Brantley in 2010 to start every game throughout the entire season… Finished the season with 31 touchdowns accounted for, tied with Chris Leak’s 2004 season for the seventh-highest single-season total in school history… His seven rushing touchdowns left him one shy of tying Tim Tebow (2006) and Jimmy Fisher (1979) for the sixth-most rushing touchdowns by a Gators quarterback in a single season… Ranked tied for 32nd nationally with 24 touchdown passes, which was also the highest single-season total by a UF quarterback since Tebow threw 30 in 2008... Finished the season tied for 17th nationally in touchdown-interception ratio… Among players with 315-plus attempts, he tied for 14th... Since the start of 1996, Tebow (7.50 - 2008; 5.33 - 2007; 4.20 - 2009) is the only Gator with a better touchdown-interception ratio than Franks’ 4.00 (24 to 6) in 2018… One of 12 FBS quarterbacks to throw more than 20 touchdowns and less than seven interceptions… Became the fourth Gators QB since 1996 to accomplish that aforementioned feat, and Franks had the second-most attempts (322) in that bundle, only trailing Tebow’s 2007 season (350)… Registered the highest passing yardage total since Tebow threw for 2,895 yards in 2009… His four games of three-plus touchdown passes were the most such games since Tebow had four in 2008, and they were just one shy of UF quarterbacks’ combined total from the 50 games spanning 2014-17… His six 200-yard passing games are the most since Tebow’s seven in 2009… Capped his season with Offensive MVP honors in the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl, as he joined Tebow as the only other Gators quarterback since the start of the 2000 season to record a passing touchdown and rushing touchdown in a bowl game.. Ended the 2018 season on a streak of 135 pass attempts without an interception (last INT vs. Georgia in 1st Quarter), which ranks as the fourth-longest streak in UF history…

blah blah blah....Go Dawgs....

mike tyson35

This game will be a close contest based on the questions facing each side. I need to see it from the Hurricanes — specifically from the offense —before I can even more excited. If they’re able to dominate in week zero, I’ll gladly serve up some apologies afterward. I feel Miami’s defense will face some struggles, eventually putting the clamps on the Gators as the game progresses. I’ll give a slight edge to Florida 24-17.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

I love the way how the homers in here from BOTH sides make it look like they have good offenses when, in truth, their offenses are very mediocre, and that is being generous. Both offensive lines are very poor. Both defenses are very good. If anything, this game may put people to sleep.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

based on everything, under is the play. if it loses, so be it. but based on off, it is the way to go.

mike tyson35

Evidence shows in the past with elite coaches, this 2 schools can win national championships and dominate college football.The talent is always there

jds07v
    jds07v's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 388

Think Miami team total under is the play here

mike tyson35

Quote Originally Posted by jds07v View Post
    Miami QB threw 3 pass last season.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    based on everything, under is the play. if it loses, so be it. but based on off, it is the way to go.
    Usually how i approach games like this. Why you think I mentioned how they end up going over!! Lol. 47 or higher under way to go, wouldn’t prob mess w less.

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16012

I got the under at 47. I wish I got it at the opening line of 50.5 but I still think with all the offensive question marks and two very good defenses under is the right play.

mike tyson35

Quote Originally Posted by jrgum3 View Post
    I got the under at 47. I wish I got it at the opening line of 50 but I still think with all the offensive question marks and two very good defenses under is the right play.
    Right play, but many components can happen in a football game. Turnovers/defensive scores/Special teams scores

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by jds07v View Post
    barring special teams blunders and turnovers, I really don’t see how UM will generate enough offense? The more I look at this game, the more I see UF running away with it. The only thing stopping me from hammering UF is this is a rivalry game, where the best team does not always win or cover.

2daBank

barring special teams blunders and turnovers, I really don’t see how UM will generate enough offense? The more I look at this game, the more I see UF running away with it. The only thing stopping me from hammering UF is this is a rivalry game, where the best team does not always win or cover.
    Dunno why we thinks gators will score enough to run away? Has something drastically improved w them offensively?

12 Last