Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Dunno why we thinks gators will score enough to run away? Has something drastically improved w them offensively?
    8 guys with starting experience on an offensive team that averaged 35 points a game last season and ~44 ppg the last 4 games of the season. A couple of questions on the offensive line and tight ends but the offense is very experienced.

The Gator offense should be WAY ahead of the Miami offense and that is why I think they will run away with it in the 2nd half.

mike tyson35
    mike tyson35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    8 guys with starting experience on an offensive team that averaged 35 points a game last season and ~44 ppg the last 4 games of the season. A couple of questions on the offensive line and tight ends but the offense is very experienced.

The Gator offense should be WAY ahead of the Miami offense and that is why I think they will run away with it in the 2nd half.
    Yet the most important component besides the QB is the offensive line on offense, they got 4 new starters on the o-line. Take notes rook

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by mike tyson35 View Post
    Yet the most important component besides the QB is the offensive line on offense, they got 4 new starters on the o-line. Take notes rook
    1 RS SR
    3 RS JRs
    1 RS FR

Keep up old man!

mike tyson35

1 RS SR
    3 RS JRs
    1 RS FR

Keep up old man!
    Defeated !!

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

How much of their scoring was helped by defense/special teams creating short fields or simply putting points up? Im seriously asking not trying to troll or anything.

mike tyson35

Mac you could be right and the gators cover the 7.5, you are still own on this conversation badly. Florida backbone is defense the last few years. Don’t seeing franks doing much vs Miami defense, and definitely don’t see Miami offense doing much either

Mac4Lyfe

How much of their scoring was helped by defense/special teams creating short fields or simply putting points up? Im seriously asking not trying to troll or anything.
    I'll post some of his stats again. The defense was good but thin (with injuries) last year. They gave up a lot of yards in crucial games, so no, the offense wasn't helped by short fields.

- Franks played in and started all 13 games at quarterback, throwing for 2,457 yards with 24 touchdowns and six interceptions on the season…
    - Totaled 350 rushing yards on 110 carries and a team-high tying seven rushing touchdowns…
    - Led the Gators to a 10-3 record and No. 6 final ranking in the USA Today Coaches’ Poll…
    - Became the first Gators quarterback since John Brantley in 2010 to start every game throughout the entire season…
    - Finished the season with 31 touchdowns accounted for, tied with Chris Leak’s 2004 season for the seventh-highest single-season total in school history…
    - His seven rushing touchdowns left him one shy of tying Tim Tebow (2006) and Jimmy Fisher (1979) for the sixth-most rushing touchdowns by a Gators quarterback in a single season…
    - Ranked tied for 32nd nationally with 24 touchdown passes, which was also the highest single-season total by a UF quarterback since Tebow threw 30 in 2008...
    - Finished the season tied for 17th nationally in touchdown-interception ratio…
    - Among players with 315-plus attempts, he tied for 14
    th... Since the start of 1996, Tebow (7.50 - 2008; 5.33 - 2007; 4.20 - 2009) is the only Gator with a better touchdown-interception ratio than Franks’ 4.00 (24 to 6) in 2018…
    - One of 12 FBS quarterbacks to throw more than 20 touchdowns and less than seven interceptions…
    - Became the fourth Gators QB since 1996 to accomplish that aforementioned feat, and Franks had the second-most attempts (322) in that bundle, only trailing Tebow’s 2007 season (350)… the highest passing yardage total since Tebow threw for 2,895 yards in 2009…
    - His four games of three-plus touchdown passes were the most such games since Tebow had four in 2008, and they were just one shy of UF quarterbacks’ combined total from the 50 games spanning 2014-17…
    - His six 200-yard passing games are the most since Tebow’s seven in 2009…
    - Capped his season with Offensive MVP honors in the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl, as he joined Tebow as the only other Gators quarterback since the start of the 2000 season to record a passing touchdown and rushing touchdown in a bowl game..
    - Ended the 2018 season on a streak of 135 pass attempts without an interception (last INT vs. Georgia in 1
    st Quarter), which ranks as the fourth-longest streak in UF history…

Mac4Lyfe

Gator defense was ranked 28 and the offense 42 last year. Not much of a difference but the Gators usually don't play uptempo offense, so don't get in the total number of plays other offenses do. The offense was 23 on yards per play. The offense got noticeably better as the season progressed.

2daBank

His stats don’t necessarily mean a lot to me as much as what teams he put the numbers up against. Just off top my head I recall their offense looking rather suspect when facing good defenses. Honestly tho looking back that more perception on my part than reality, I just recall the Mississippi st game and maybe uk game where their offense was painful to watch. Glancing back they did have some solid point totals so maybe I’m being a little unfair? Then again I remember them looking awful vs a suspect mizzou team which would def make me think poorly of a offense!! Lol

Mac4Lyfe

His stats don’t necessarily mean a lot to me as much as what teams he put the numbers up against. Just off top my head I recall their offense looking rather suspect when facing good defenses. Honestly tho looking back that more perception on my part than reality, I just recall the Mississippi st game and maybe uk game where their offense was painful to watch. Glancing back they did have some solid point totals so maybe I’m being a little unfair? Then again I remember them looking awful vs a suspect mizzou team which would def make me think poorly of a offense!! Lol
    The UK game was very early in the season. The offense was very trashy but the defense couldn't stop UK's run. They were on the field too long and worn down. Same for the Mizzou game. Although they just came off a physical emotional loss to UGA. Mizzou was Franks worst game by far but Locke burnt what some call laughingly UF DBU to death for the 2nd year in the row. That was another game where Mizzou was ALWAYS on the field. The defense was very overrated last year. Several games they just couldn't get stops, especially on 3rd and 4th down. Hopefully the defense is better this year.

The defense and offense are both pretty good but both are thin with injuries again. Could either become elite? I don't think so, because they don't have the depth. But, if you were judging just starters, UF's starters on both sides could match up with the best. Unfortunately, the game is built on depth and you have a very thin margin for victory when you're thin.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

I got Miami +7.5 a while ago. not a large bet.. idk. yes I'm a canes fan but the line should be Florida -10 atleast which has me skeptical. thats the only angle here

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    I got Miami +7.5 a while ago. not a large bet.. idk. yes I'm a canes fan but the line should be Florida -10 atleast which has me skeptical. thats the only angle here
    The line is adjusted because it’s a rivalry game where, I think the underdog has won outright 6 of the last 10. Many of these kids have played together since grade school. Tough to cap opening games. Plus UF had a bad offseason with injuries, arrests and 6 kids transfer. Who know what mental shape they’re in?

Combato
    Combato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post
    Yet the line is going down....
    Yes it is. Or was. Today (Sat) it bumped briefly to +7.5. Miami sharp action immediately hit the +7.5 and drove it back to +7. Sharps are hiding in the bushes, waiting to pounce on any +7.5 they see. Like a wounded gazelle. Message here = Sharps like Miami. Try to get +7.5 but settle for +7 if you have to. Miami +7.5

Combato
    Combato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Yes it is. Or was. Today (Sat) it bumped briefly to +7.5. Miami sharp action immediately hit the +7.5 and drove it back to +7. Sharps are hiding in the bushes, waiting to pounce on any +7.5 they see. Like a wounded gazelle. Message here = Sharps like Miami. Try to get +7.5 but settle for +7 if you have to. Miami +7.5

U2.5
    U2.5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3223

46 is a low total IMO. I am going with the over. College football doesn't need the offense to score all of those. We might see some fumble recoveries returned and some pick 6's in this one. Not to mention the special teams scoring that can always happen. Get a rivalry game with some OT and that total is toast

BamaGambla
    BamaGambla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 193

Quote Originally Posted by U2.5 View Post
    46 is a low total IMO. I am going with the over. College football doesn't need the offense to score all of those. We might see some fumble recoveries returned and some pick 6's in this one. Not to mention the special teams scoring that can always happen. Get a rivalry game with some OT and that total is toast
    I am on the under. I like it. I just think it will be a defensive battle. Best of luck to you and myself. One of us has to be wrong. I am hoping it is you this time bud.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Combato View Post

So called sharps like a number not the canes. Those same guys would hit gators -6.5 same way they taking Miami +7.5. End of day doesn’t mean shit, “sharp/square” the equivalent of flipping a coin this day and age.

Just cap the damn thing best you can and go with what you come up with, just drive yourself crazy betting your money because it allegedly a sharp play.

U2.5

Quote Originally Posted by BamaGambla View Post
    I am on the under. I like it. I just think it will be a defensive battle. Best of luck to you and myself. One of us has to be wrong. I am hoping it is you this time bud.
    good luck to you too. I would bet the under if it were later in the season, but this early I expect a lot of mistakes to made. Missed tackles and blown coverages.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by U2.5 View Post
    This game looks like it's going over easily. Both defenses read their press too much, kinda overrated last year and both are prone to huge mistakes IMO. I put a small bet on the Over but kinda wished I'd hammer it now. Still lotsa football left and the defenses might wake up but I doubt it.

U2.5

This game looks like it's going over easily. Both defenses read their press too much, kinda overrated last year and both are prone to huge mistakes IMO. I put a small bet on the Over but kinda wished I'd hammer it now. Still lotsa football left and the defenses might wake up but I doubt it.
    what number did ya grab? I got 46 before they raised it to 46.5

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Godddddamn neither team can tackle week zero

First 12