sam9ball
    Update Status
    sam9ball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2353

SBR World Poker Cup 2019

SBR World Poker Cup 2019

USA EAST/USA WEST/USA CENTRAL/REST OF WORLD
    How to make a team

• Rank in the top 12 for points won during SBR Poker tournament play Mon-Fri from September 2nd to November 29th.

• Twelve slots will be assigned for each region. Leader boards will be posted with standings by region.

The regions can be seen here..

Team Match Schedule (Dec 3rd to Dec 6th)

• Twelve tournaments per day from 12:00PM-11:00PM ET.
    • Four players per tournament (1 player from each region).

Scoring details
    Each tournament will award 2 points for the winning team, and 1 point for the runner-ups team. Co-champions will be crowned in the event of a tie with an equal division of the pot. A leader board will be maintained in Players Talk showing how many points each team has.
    Prize-pool
    Winning team: 10,000 betpoints per person
    Runner-up: 5,000 poker pts per person
    3rd place: 3,000 poker pts per person
    4th place: 1,500 poker pts per person

Fine-print

1. Must be an SBR Pro to represent a team.
    2. Users banned during the qualification period may lose their right to make a team at SBR's discretion.
    3. One entry per household.
    4. Tiebreaker will be SBRforum join date during qualification period. If contestants joined the same day, # of cashes will be used. If # of cashes is tied, # of points won will be used.
    5. It will be the responsibility of each team to decide which player will represent them per tourney. Players may compete in only one tournament per day. Players may not share the password with players that have not qualified under any circumstance - no points will be counted for that region. Events will be PW protected & player usernames altered to include region.
    6. In the event of a malfunction of any days games due to unforeseen circumstances...ALL of that days qualifiers will be cancelled. In the event of a malfunction for a daily tournament that is not the first scheduled game of the day we will offer a makeup game for those who had signed up for said game. If a malfunction happens on the first scheduled game of the day then ALL of that days games will be cancelled.
    Last edited by SBR Genie; 07-24-20 at 04:08 PM.

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 51473

Nice! Formatting seems like it should be pretty fair to all parties now, similar qualification standards hopefully! Thanks SBR!

Will the way the dailies work be formatted same as it's been recently? I know there was talk of another daily spot - no idea what was going on there. Be nice to know that too!

Crusherrr
    Please don't feed the trolls
    Crusherrr's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13863

Looks good. Basically three months of qualifying is nice too. Thanks SBR

Crusherrr
    Please don't feed the trolls
    Crusherrr's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13863

Will you be adding a 4th daily tournament before the start of qualifying?

franklee168
    franklee168's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17041

West coast is the best coast?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JAKEPEAVY21, and jrgum3

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO

Also how will it work in terms of deciding who is in East vs West etc. from the perspective of say someone is a college student, they go to college on one end of the country but their permanent residence in on other side? That could get confusing! And since obviously the qualification marks won't be 100% identical probably from one region to the next, that could be a fair issue. Probably best to make it absolutely clear how it will be decided who is in which US region in such cases.

And probably should be established early on exactly where each person is from - who knows if someone will try to claim they moved or whatever if say they would qualify for one team but wouldn't do so for another.

sam9ball
    Update Status
    sam9ball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2353

Quote Originally Posted by ArunSh View Post
    Nice! Formatting seems like it should be pretty fair to all parties now, similar qualification standards hopefully! Thanks SBR!

Will the way the dailies work be formatted same as it's been recently? I know there was talk of another daily spot - no idea what was going on there. Be nice to know that too!
    Glad you agree and are Happy with the format.

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29970

East coast represent

Might actually play this time around after taking a break from the last promo

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

east coast and west coast will be stacked do we have anybody in midwest , could be the canucks of world cup easy way get in

at least autodonk will finally qualify
    Last edited by cincinnatikid513; 08-22-19 at 12:57 PM.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

looks good

was a new time slot added?

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    east coast and west coast will be stacked do we have anybody in midwest , could be the canucks of world cup easy way get in

at least autodonk will finally qualify

Hopefully they researched this and divided the states so that the # of members in each region is fairly similar. Granted the # of poker players in each region might not follow that trend but hopefully it's pretty reasonable.

In any case, if it's unbalanced they could always change it in future years, move one state from east/west to midwest to balance it or whatever is needed to make it as close to equal as possible. But no question this will be much more fair than in past years - the system where a person could cash once or twice and make it in certain places was really unfair.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

How are you determining what region a player is from?

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Three USA teams is step in right direction. But hypothetically, the top 13 USA qualifiers can be from the same region. In this scenario, the 13th top USA qualifying score wouldn't even make a team. While qualifying scores 14th & worse would make a team, not sure how that's fair.

Top 36 USA qualifying scores should make a team, period. Then create 3 teams based on where they qualify. Doesn't matter what the 3 USA teams are called, region names aren't necessary.

Team USA - qualifiers ranked 1 thru 12
    Team Confederates - qualifiers ranked 13 thru 24
    Team Union - qualifiers ranked 25 thru 36

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

so now instead of not finishing top 24 i get to finish out of 36. good luck to the qualifiers.
    Points Awarded:

JAKEPEAVY21 gave chico2663 20 Betpoint(s) for this post.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

you have to think its top 12 in 1 section

next 12 in another section

just like usa/confederates

not actually divided by states

bobbywaves

Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
    How are you determining what region a player is from?
    Click on the blue link regions, you will see the list of states.

bobbywaves

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    you have to think its top 12 in 1 section

next 12 in another section

just like usa/confederates

not actually divided by states
    That's how it should be, simply add Team Union for qualifiers ranked 25 thru 36. Regions are over complicating things & some of the top 36 qualifiers will be left off a team.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

usa central is the place be for this contest not even sure if we have 12 poker players midwest

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    usa central is the place be for this contest not even sure if we have 12 poker players midwest
    there are some really good poker players from texas...auto,mpashal and pos69 to name a few.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47539

very happy the world cup is back and I think the 3 US teams and 1 world team is more than fair.

the camaraderie and table talk during the finals is second to none for an SBR poker event.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    there are some really good poker players from texas...auto,mpashal and pos69 to name a few.

hope ur from midwest as well so u have a chance

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    very happy the world cup is back and I think the 3 US teams and 1 world team is more than fair.

the camaraderie and table talk during the finals is second to none for an SBR poker event.

Yes indeed, the format for the Finals is very fun though the pressure is kind of high - no one wants to be the one to let their team down! But yes makes for some great table talk, no question.

Is kind of interesting that with this new format that folks that were typically your teammates in the past (ok not always, sometimes you could be US and them CONF or vice-versa) will definitely not be teammates this year no matter what. For me in the West, I guess that means folks like AutoDonk, mpaschal34, playersonly69, etc. etc. Good or bad, that definitely is a change in the dynamics!

JAKEPEAVY21

so to clarify, is it the top 36 USA qualifiers?

If seems like it would be a whole lot easier to do top 36 rather than sort out which region of the country we all live in. If not, we need to know which states are in each of the 3 regions.

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO

If seems like it would be a whole lot easier to do top 36 rather than sort out which region of the country we all live in. If not, we need to know which states are in each of the 3 regions.
    The links above show which state is in which region.

My concern, as I said above, is if someone perhaps lives in one state part of the year and a different one in another part of the year, that could get quite unclear. And someone unethical might try to "switch" regions (claim they moved, who knows) if they realize they won't qualify in one region but likely will in another.

I do agree that just taking top 36 in US rather than 12 in each region would probably be a bit more fair and would avoid issues of the type I just spoke of. But I think this format is still a big improvement on prior years so that's good!

JAKEPEAVY21

Yes indeed, the format for the Finals is very fun though the pressure is kind of high - no one wants to be the one to let their team down! But yes makes for some great table talk, no question.

Is kind of interesting that with this new format that folks that were typically your teammates in the past (ok not always, sometimes you could be US and them CONF or vice-versa) will definitely not be teammates this year no matter what. For me in the West, I guess that means folks like AutoDonk, mpaschal34, playersonly69, etc. etc. Good or bad, that definitely is a change in the dynamics!
    agreed the pressure is high due to wanting to do well for the team...you really just have to play your game regardless of what's on the line. Try to make the best decision you can every hand and let the chips fall where they may.

yes, I like that dynamic where those that normally butt heads are on the same team like donk and waves a couple years ago.

JAKEPEAVY21

The links above show which state is in which region.

My concern, as I said above, is if someone perhaps lives in one state part of the year and a different one in another part of the year, that could get quite unclear. And someone unethical might try to "switch" regions (claim they moved, who knows) if they realize they won't qualify in one region but likely will in another.

I do agree that just taking top 36 in US rather than 12 in each region would probably be a bit more fair and would avoid issues of the type I just spoke of. But I think this format is still a big improvement on prior years so that's good!
    thanks, ok that answers my question

I could be wrong but I don't think there are many players in our region, could be close to a slam dunk to qualify.

can people that use a VPN choose which state they want? if so, that could open up a can of worms like you mentioned.

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO

thanks, ok that answers my question

I could be wrong but I don't think there are many players in our region, could be close to a slam dunk to qualify.

can people that use a VPN choose which state they want? if so, that could open up a can of worms like you mentioned.

Exactly - this is my concern that if it's easier to qualify in one US region vs another, might open the door for unethical folks to circumvent the intention of what the contest is supposed to be via things like VPN. And as I said above, some college student whose permanent home is one state but attends university in another - which do they count for? Just seems annoying, taking top 36 from US overall really feels like it would be smoother.

I have no idea to be honest how many players there are in each region. Based on prior World Cups I certainly have a fair idea who is US and non-US but those in the US, I mostly have no clue where in the US they reside! I would guess though that the East would have the most people, West second most (due to California), and Midwest the fewest. Could be wrong though, Texas does have quite a few players it seems.

JAKEPEAVY21

Sammy, this is definitely food for thought.

Top 36 would probably be a better option but either way USA having 3 teams is a positive change.

JAKEPEAVY21

Exactly - this is my concern that if it's easier to qualify in one US region vs another, might open the door for unethical folks to circumvent the intention of what the contest is supposed to be via things like VPN. And as I said above, some college student whose permanent home is one state but attends university in another - which do they count for? Just seems annoying, taking top 36 from US overall really feels like it would be smoother.

I have no idea to be honest how many players there are in each region. Based on prior World Cups I certainly have a fair idea who is US and non-US but those in the US, I mostly have no clue where in the US they reside! I would guess though that the East would have the most people, West second most (due to California), and Midwest the fewest. Could be wrong though, Texas does have quite a few players it seems.
    there are some in California but I doubt there are many/any in Alaska, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, New Mexico?

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO

there are some in California but I doubt there are many/any in Alaska, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, New Mexico?

Yes, no idea, never really inquired for most where exactly in US they live!

Hopefully SBR requires everyone who competes in this to, in some manner, state at the BEGINNING (privately in a message to sam9ball perhaps) which US region they are in (and SBR can verify it then). But key is, not to allow anyone to "switch horses", to suddenly state in the middle of this when it's clear that one region will be easier to qualify in than another that they are actually in a different region. So forcing everyone to declare at the start should at least help avoid this somewhat.

BigOrange
    BigOrange's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5453

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    there are some people that sit at the poker tables from texas...auto,mpashal and pos69 to name a few.
    Fixed it for you Chico.

BigOrange
    BigOrange's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5453

Yes, no idea, never really inquired for most where exactly in US they live!

Hopefully SBR requires everyone who competes in this to, in some manner, state at the BEGINNING (privately in a message to sam9ball perhaps) which US region they are in (and SBR can verify it then). But key is, not to allow anyone to "switch horses", to suddenly state in the middle of this when it's clear that one region will be easier to qualify in than another that they are actually in a different region. So forcing everyone to declare at the start should at least help avoid this somewhat.
    They already know from IP's where everyone resides.

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post
    They already know from IP's where everyone resides.

That's good to a point, but again what about someone who travels constantly and might therefore show up in different regions on different days? And what about someone who uses a VPN?

A couple years ago in the World Cup, a US player who was traveling internationally for work they mistakenly listed to be on World Team instead of US! So is dangerous to do things based on IP alone.

bobbywaves

With all the feedback against USA regions, I'm confident new poker COO Sammy will make the correct change by simply adding Team Union.

Otherwise, good thing I renewed my IPVanish vpn service.

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29970

Also my early guess is the east is gonna be massively more competitive than the other U.S. regions so bummer for me

1234 ... Last