sosawestbrook
    sosawestbrook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4486

NBA free agency predictions

Kevin Durant - Warriors were quick on the trigger to sign Klay which makes me hesitant that KD is coming back. I would think if the plan was to sign both then they would need more time to figure out the salary situation & roster set up. couple of expiring deals they could have renounced to free up space. this could be his last long term deal too. he's def not signing anymore 1 year deals. the injury makes his situation tougher to predict but I think he has nothing left to prove in his career. he just wants to play basketball & collect the cash on what could be his final long term deal considering his age. I say he goes to the Knicks which was his targeted destination all along. he's got the rings, the MVPs & all that already. its just about further building his brand off court & since he wants nothing to do with a possible LeBron team up in LA then New York is the best possible market remaining.

Kawhi Leonard - don't think he goes back to Toronto. business is finished there. no reason to return back unless he fell in love with the city. but I don't get the vibe that he's into being Canada's hero & savior or whatever you want to call it. too much attention which he's not into. I think he's def hitting the state of California like he originally planned & playing for one of the LA teams. Clippers is my guess & the only way I see it possibly being Lakers is if somebody influential gets in his ear & convinces him otherwise.

Kyrie Irving - its already being heavily reported but it looks like he's going to the Nets. I think he wanted to be in that New York area all along which is close to home but ultimately chose Brooklyn over the Garden because of his distaste for ownership. he's an emotional guy & wants to be in control of everything so my guess is he wasn't having that. I do think somebody will team up with him there but I don't think it will be KD.

Jimmy Butler - this is the guy I think will team up with Kyrie on the Nets. there is a lot of interest amongst a plethora of teams in Butler though. Philly, Rockets, & Clippers are all battling for his services. unless something unpredictable happens like a sign & trade where he can choose his destination & get the super max then I think his first option is to play with Kyrie. all the talk has been about Kyrie & KD joining together but some of the things I have read indicate that Butler & kyrie have a much closer relationship. all 3 of em are good friends though & if KD ends up with Knicks then they would still be in close proximity to each other

D'Angelo Russell - with the Nets getting Kyrie & potentially even Jimmy butler then that means DLo is all but done with his stint in Brooklyn. the Nets are the only team that can offer him a supermax so as a kind gesture of appreciation towards his contribution to the franchise I can most def see them engaging in a sign & trade so that he can get the most money but only if there is a team out there that is willing to pay him that much. the Lakers are interested but will not pay him the regular max let alone a super max & I also feel DLo has some spite in his heart because of how that franchise treated him before so I def dont see him accepting something below his value. the Twolves have show interest in a deal that would acquire DLo for Andrew Wiggins but I dont see the Nets wanting any piece of that contract considering that they are now in the business of hunting a title with Kyrie at the helm. somehow someway I see DLo going to the Suns. they have been looking for a PG for a while now and Dbook is one of his best friends. plus the Suns are one of the few teams that actually need a PG & would be willing to give the max.

Kemba Walker - Celtics

Tobias Harris - 76ers

Demarcus Cousins - Knicks

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

if the nets can't get kd, i like jimmy butler there. I think the lakers take russell if they can't get kawhi or jimmy. gsw need cousins scoring as you can't depend on just steph. he will be a much better player with a bigger role and 2nd year off injury. Sixers in a tough spot if jimmy leaves. they may have to keep tobias and j.j. out of necessity and try and make a midseason trade to improve. Kawhi and KD are the wildcards. no one knows anything until they sign. but if the clippers somehow get jimmy butler and kawhi, they will be dangerous. not sure why butler seems so interested in houston. many better options.

sosawestbrook

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    if the nets can't get kd, i like jimmy butler there. I think the lakers take russell if they can't get kawhi or jimmy. gsw need cousins scoring as you can't depend on just steph. he will be a much better player with a bigger role and 2nd year off injury. Sixers in a tough spot if jimmy leaves. they may have to keep tobias and j.j. out of necessity and try and make a midseason trade to improve. Kawhi and KD are the wildcards. no one knows anything until they sign. but if the clippers somehow get jimmy butler and kawhi, they will be dangerous. not sure why butler seems so interested in houston. many better options.
    yeah I think Kawhi is gonna be the catalyst. When he signs is when we'll see the dominos start falling & other guys start to make their decisions. Nets will renounce Russell according to Woj so he's not gonna get the supermax anymore. Unless a sign & trade is still on the table but I'm not sure if they could still do that. Only reason I dont see LA grabbing him is because I doubt they would pay him max money and if Suns are willing to cough up the dough I think he'd rather play with DBook anyway because they are close friends. Same with Cousins. I see Knicks having a lot of space & giving him more $ then Warriors can offer.

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30443

Looks like Rockets are going all out for Butler. Seems like a terrible fit but Morey seems dead set on getting another superstar.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Pacers and Rubio sounds all but done, just have to wait til 6pm

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26835

knicks get kd and randall

sosawestbrook

official: Jonas Valanciunas 3 years @ 45 mil to Memphis Grizzlies

guy was actually sneaky good once he got traded from Toronto last year. Watch out for Grizz in the West now that they got some foundational pieces & vet talent. the kid Ja Morant is no joke he will have impact immediately

some rumors: Rozier to Charlotte & Bogdanovic to Jazz

sosawestbrook

official: Nikola Vucevic 4 years @ 100 mil to Orlando Magic

this is a guy that could've been a steal for another team if he decided to leave. but this makes me think since they drafted Mo Bamba last year & Vucevic can play some stretch 4, Aaron Gordon could be trade bait if they decide he's expendable

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster

Quote Originally Posted by sosawestbrook View Post
    official: Nikola Vucevic 4 years @ 100 mil to Orlando Magic

this is a guy that could've been a steal for another team if he decided to leave. but this makes me think since they drafted Mo Bamba last year & Vucevic can play some stretch 4, Aaron Gordon could be trade bait if they decide he's expendable
    Bamba is nowhere close to ready to start though

sosawestbrook

more rumors: Horford to Kings, Rose to Pistons, Morris twins to Philly

sosawestbrook

Quote Originally Posted by kidcudi92 View Post
    Bamba is nowhere close to ready to start though
    yeah thats the question. I dont think he's ready to serve an legit offensive role quite yet but he's already a dominant defensive presence with that unbelievable length & size. Magic tend to prioritize defense so its not out of question but Id agree with you right now that he's not ready to take over

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

You are a knowledgable guy. Nice writeup.

Durant SHOULD go to the Knicks. Knicks wouldn't think twice about paying him, even w/ knowledge that he's out next year. Some other players would tail Durant, as you say.

asiagambler

Sixers look like Horford's mystery team.

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

3 team trade boston ( kemba) nets ( irving) charlotte (rozier) boston gets a mle in the deal

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

KD will announce his decision tonight

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster

official: Jonas Valanciunas 3 years @ 45 mil to Memphis Grizzlies

guy was actually sneaky good once he got traded from Toronto last year. Watch out for Grizz in the West now that they got some foundational pieces & vet talent. the kid Ja Morant is no joke he will have impact immediately

some rumors: Rozier to Charlotte & Bogdanovic to Jazz

I really was hoping the Pacers were going to hold onto Bogs but doesn't look good

sosawestbrook

Looks like Celtics are still trying to make money moves for another prize player

Maybe Horford back? A play on Brogdon would be sick.

some Lakers rumors: Darren Collison(out of retirement) Trevor Ariza, Al Farouq Aminu, Brook Lopez, Richaun Holmes

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster

Looks like Celtics are still trying to make money moves for another prize player

Maybe Horford back? A play on Brogdon would be sick.

some Lakers rumors: Darren Collison(out of retirement) Trevor Ariza, Al Farouq Aminu, Brook Lopez, Richaun Holmes
    0.0%

sosawestbrook

0.0%
    no credible info to bank on just pure speculation but came from a trustworthy source

id imagine it would be hard to say no if LeBron called personally asking to help join him on a shot at a title - 1 year about 10 mil

I read he retired for 'religious reasons'

what is his faith?

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster

no credible info to bank on just pure speculation but came from a trustworthy source

id imagine it would be hard to say no if LeBron called personally asking to help join him on a shot at a title - 1 year about 10 mil

I read he retired for 'religious reasons'

what is his faith?
    "While I still love basketball, I know there is something more important, which is my family and my faith. I am one of the Jehovah’s Witnesses and my faith means everything to me. I receive so much joy from volunteering to help others and participate in a worldwide ministry. The joy I feel is unmatched."

sosawestbrook

"While I still love basketball, I know there is something more important, which is my family and my faith. I am one of the Jehovah’s Witnesses and my faith means everything to me. I receive so much joy from volunteering to help others and participate in a worldwide ministry. The joy I feel is unmatched."
    damn

I know whats more joyous though

a ship with LAbron in the same town he went to high school & college in

but to each his own

if you can deny that type of $ and that type of opportunity - PROPS to you for amazing level of discipline

sosawestbrook

somehow Dame Lillard gets his name thrown into the mix

Dame get out of here bro its a royal rumble out here

guys throwing each other over the turnbuckles

you want to play in Portland forever we get it

asshole

sosawestbrook

official: Klay Thompson 5 years @ 190 mil to GSW

may the Splash Brothers legacy live forever

sosawestbrook

official: Kyrie Irving 4 years @ 141 mil to Nets
    official: Kemba Walker 4 years @ 141 mil to Celtics
    official: Kristaps Porzingis 5 years @ 158 mil to Mavs
    official: Harrison Barnes 4 years @ 88 mil to Kings

RUMOR: KD, DEANDRE JORDAN TO NETS

sosawestbrook

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Jimmy Butler is not a super star
    please stop

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

The Knicks lose again. Now they’re gonna pay a bunch of bums top dollar just to have anything.

asiagambler

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    please stop
    Don't tell the Rockets that. They're going to pay him like a super star

sosawestbrook

Blow the whistle: Kevin Durant 4 years @ 164 mil to Nets
    Last edited by sosawestbrook; 06-30-19 at 04:07 PM.

sosawestbrook

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    The Knicks lose again. Now they’re gonna pay a bunch of bums top dollar just to have anything.
    oh my!!! traded Porzingis for nothing!?

they will overpay the hell out of somebody

sosawestbrook

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    please stop
    find the words super star & ill stop papa loco

asiagambler

So who are the Knicks getting? Cousins??

asiagambler

Butler in high demand. I think he is a borderline super star

sosawestbrook

Knicks should still get somebody. the allure of New York + that cap space should bring in some good players but all the stars will be off the board.

could see them overpaying for a RFA like Brogdon or Oubre considering the FA situation next year.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

somehow Dame Lillard gets his name thrown into the mix

Dame get out of here bro its a royal rumble out here

guys throwing each other over the turnbuckles

you want to play in Portland forever we get it

asshole
    shiit. Dame won today. 4 years $196 mil. avg 49 mil/year and last year is a $54 million dollar option? winning.

12 Last