2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    as usual

Jibby is on his own planet, driveling on about something that is not at all related to the comment above
    Lol. Managed to get his darky hating agenda on the screen! Now all we missing is a random post about how they all somehow prospering because of trump, lol.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

do you understand when oscar played they could almost tackle you before they called a foul. The athletes may not be as good but the game was better. You couldn't hang on a rim. Guys could stop on a dime and make a jump shot.
    not sure if you know that milwaukee owned the rights to dr j. When the aba folded he signed with them aand milw got a 2nd round draft pick as compensation. dr j didn't want to go to mil because he didn't want to be 3 wheel. wayne embry told that story one day on 700wlw with big o and andy furman

2daBank

The game back then wasn’t shit and the defense was non existent. They ran back and forth chucking up shots. The defense in Jordan’s era lead to nba changing rules to help the offense bro!! End of story.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

they threw up a ton of bricks every 8-12 secs

the league average 108 shots per team per game in 1961-62

this year the average was 89 shots per game.

17 Shots per game more, almost 20% more shots then today's game

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

look at 10 mins of this game, and tell me any of them would even play on a good D 1 team

2daBank

they threw up a ton of bricks every 8-12 secs

the league average 108 shots per team per game in 1961-62

this year the average was 89 shots per game.

17 Shots per game more, almost 20% more shots then today's game
    And I’d be as bold to say today’s game gotta be faster than the 90s were isn’t it?

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Why is this thread so deep?

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    And I’d be as bold to say today’s game gotta be faster than the 90s were isn’t it?
    90's were a snail pace

96-97= 79.2 shots per game

2daBank

I’ve seen enough of the awful film from those days to subject myself again. Can’t believe anyone has the balls to claim that was a superior time w more talent!!! My ass:.

chico2663

also the officiating was better. My buddies all went to school with mike mathias. in cincy if you are from the west side you eat at price hill chili. He used to eat with us every blue moon when he was in town. He thought the players were better players back in the old days. I would love to see any of these guys guard wilt,rick barry or jerry lucas. (same high school as butch and chris carter.kyle schwarber sp

2daBank

90's were a snail pace
    That era is why they started all the pussyfied rules changes. How the hell anyone can try to say big O over Jordan is beyond me, dude wouldn’t have scored dick and damn sure wouldn’t have snifffed any triple doubles playing in 90s!!! That a fact.

chico2663

they would be called for palming the ball or traveling on every ply if they played back in the day

chico2663

That era is why they started all the pussyfied rules changes. How the hell anyone can try to say big O over Jordan is beyond me, dude wouldn’t have scored dick and damn sure wouldn’t have snifffed any triple doubles playing in 90s!!! That a fact.
    glad you know more than kareem abdul jabaar.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    they would be called for palming the ball or traveling on every ply if they played back in the day
    Jordan would have not only averaged a triple dub but averaged 50+ a game in the process. He woulda shit all over those talentless hacks.

2daBank

glad you know more than kareem abdul jabaar.
    It pathetic if you don’t. He not that smart, he good at basketball. Lmfao

2daBank

Didn’t realize being tall and ability to shoot a hook shot qualified as intelligence. Holy shit, this going downhill fast!!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11889

Lol. Managed to get his darky hating agenda on the screen! Now all we missing is a random post about how they all somehow prospering because of trump, lol.
    Chi and Bankers just adding more substance to the thread and controversy.. Makes for more views.. I'm an SBR supporter I want this forum to work!!!

I do like and support Trump though.. Saving America!!! Economy is good, can open the classified ads today and get a job now.. Not at war.. That's a good thing gents. .. Can't deny that!!!! MAGA!!!

chico2663

guys know who was better for their game. guy was talking shit about harper but before harper hurt his knee he scored 31 on jordan and pippen

chico2663

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Chi and Bankers just adding more substance to the thread and controversy.. Makes for more views.. I'm an SBR supporter I want this forum to work!!!

I do like and support Trump though.. Saving America!!! Economy is good, can open the classified ads today and get a job now.. Not at war.. That's a good thing gents. .. Can't deny that!!!! MAGA!!!
    well i guess your happy that trump thinks he should get a third term

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

i'm just wondering why you were talking about OJ Simpson in a basketball thread

2daBank

Thought I’d help you meet your daily trump quota bro!! Lol

chico2663

because some guys have to live thru their idols because they never had a life. i'm in my mid 50's and had the time of my life inteens thru late 40's. i would not want to live thru the life of a con man.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Someone brought up a football player post earlier in this thread and I saw that OJ is on twitter now.. I put 2 and 2 together and brought it to light.. That is why I posted it..

Read back on the posts I know I what I'm doing on this thread Chi.. Little drunk now as I'm not a father on fathers day and just posting and gambling.. Having a good time, don't hate!!!

You know how that goes bud..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 06-16-19 at 09:26 PM.

2daBank

Dare I say cause they all look the same to him!! Lmfao.

Just playing jibber.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

well i guess your happy that trump thinks he should get a third term
    Got dictatorship Chico? Not sure Trump would live long enough for that 3rd term though.. Focker is up in age..

Doing a good job though..America rolling right now Chico and you know this!!! Why fix it if it isn't broken.. Just because the hate Trump media says so? Think!!!! Be independent in thought and look around!!

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

lol his son will be playing in sweden in a few years

2daBank

Just got back from a quick car ride, had it on espn radio so despite going out my way not to click on any the lavar links in here I still ended up having to hear that fukkin moron talk about it.. Holy fukk is he one dumb ignorant mfer! How can anyone sound like him and feel good about it?? Funniest thing was he says “he tried to give lakers a chance by letting all 3 his bum kids play for them”, apparently he thinks that woulda lead to success but since they traded his overrated kid who can’t shoot a ft lakers will never be relevant again!! Ignoring the fact they the odds on favorites to win next year. Lol. What are odds on pelicans I wonder?? Lol.

Best thing I heard was the guys on espn radio (dunno who they were) talk about what a huge mistake lakers made drafting lonzo ahead of Fox! Guess they have eyes and not sold on lonzo greatness either!!

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Thinking it over this is what I came up with tonight - Jibs is a thinker in life!

Dad LAVAR BALL is selfish but pushed his kids to be the best they could be in life.. That's not a bad thing.. Is that selfish or not I don't know? I admire any dad that pushes their kids to be the best they can be and that supports them.. That builds confidence in any children..

I need to be checked on this thread!!! Can I hate on that I can't.. Gotta prop up your kids!! The problem I have is if you did it for yourself or for your kid?

Someone please answer this question? GOOD Dads should always be just thanked on Fathers day and in life if they were good dads!!!

I never had a good DAD that cared about his kids.. Honest truth.... That sucked!!!

Last edited by JIBBBY; 06-17-19 at 12:46 AM.

2daBank

Thinking it over this is what I came up with - Jibs is a thinker in life!

Dad is selfish but pushed his kids to be the best they could be in life.. That's not a bad thing.. Is that selfish or not I don't know? I admire any dad that pushes their kids to be the best they can be..

I need to be checked on this thread!!! Can I hate on that I can't.. Gotta prop up your kids!! The problem I have I have it's if you did it for yourself or for your kid?

Someone please answer this question? Dads should always be just dad on Fathers day and in life!!!
    Well since I can’t sleep and find this interesting I’ll give him this much. He 100x the father my non existent dad ever was and prob a whole bunch more deadbeat pos just like him!!

That said I think while he seems to have done a good job raising them he turned it all about himself once he saw they had enough talent (questionable as it may be) to succeed playing ball. He helped lonzo immensely from the standpoint of getting him more recognizable than most college kids, plenty who have more talent! Got him drafted way higher than he ever would have been without the hype imo. But he did him a huge disservice after that point, if it was truly about the kids then once lonzo was drafted he woulda stepped aside and let him become his own man!!

There no damn way a grown ass man should have his daddy going around speaking for him!!!! That is straight up ridiculous!! Maybe this easier to say since I have no relationship w my dad but at some point I woulda checked the shit out of him and said that fukkin enough, love you pops but time to stfu and step aside!!

His ego clearly fukked up the younger ones lives. It a travesty he didn’t simply let them go to college and leave them alone like a parent is supposed to!!

The dude a grade A asshole who while might or might not have good intentions but used his kids talent to springboard his ego into fame and recognition, it pathetic if ya ask me.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

He's a little league parent on steroids that got bit by a radioactive spider. He wants all his boys to play in the NBA and is so myopic that he thinks it can actually happen. The Lakers gave his second kid a look and said thanks but no thanks. Not even a G League deal. Can't blame him for trying I guess. He sure left a lot of money on the table by trying to create his own shoe company. That was dumb.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Just getting rid of the father alone won the trade
    as real as it gets

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by JMobile View Post
    Is something up his ass?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

You know he is a joke when he touts his other two kids as great

Both could not even start for good college teams

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 432

Funniest thing I've ever heard the guy say was that the Lakers would be automatic championship contenders if they have LeBron, Lonzo, and the middle Ball kid who can't even get invited to a Summer League team.

First 1234 Last