1. #36
    eaglesfan371
    The great game of POT...LIMIT...OMAHA
    eaglesfan371's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-08-19
    Posts: 4,084
    Betpoints: 119

    Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    Sports betting is a form of entertainment, disposable income. If you confuse it with bonds, stocks or IRAs then you're going to be disappointed
    I have bigger investments in stock and 401k. All of my cash right now are in bonds or indexes. Fuk bank accounts. I understand that it is unlikely to be something long term profitable but as you said, it is entertainment. During spring/summer only thing going on is MLB which I have not done well historically in. Thus, I would like to find +Ev cappers to give myself a better chance of winning AND being able to watch a game I have action in occasionally.

    I will be the first to admit gambling is not a way to live off of. Even if you are one of the rare 1%s who are a “professional gambler” I would argue most do not live very enjoyable lives as it consumes them.

  2. #37
    RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-24-10
    Posts: 65,214
    Betpoints: 43

    i was hitting an unreal clip in NCAAF

    tons of replies for each pick

    but then i thought hold the fukk on

    i dont win

    so started posting parlays and admitting to be a loser

    i lost all my replies but fukk, atleast i was honest

    i posted for entertainment, not for someone to bet their fukkin paycheck

    makes no sense for anyone to act like some great winner

    if you are a winner, you dont want people to figure your shit out


  3. #38
    shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-27-12
    Posts: 10,040
    Betpoints: 2674

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglesfan371 View Post
    I have bigger investments in stock and 401k. All of my cash right now are in bonds or indexes. Fuk bank accounts. I understand that it is unlikely to be something long term profitable but as you said, it is entertainment. During spring/summer only thing going on is MLB which I have not done well historically in. Thus, I would like to find +Ev cappers to give myself a better chance of winning AND being able to watch a game I have action in occasionally.

    I will be the first to admit gambling is not a way to live off of. Even if you are one of the rare 1%s who are a “professional gambler” I would argue most do not live very enjoyable lives as it consumes them.
    Try team total wins on the season or prop bets to win the division/title

  4. #39
    danshan11
    I am good at coin flips, I really am!
    danshan11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-08-17
    Posts: 4,101
    Betpoints: 2887

    Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    its a useless question
    why is it a useless question? because that 1 pt is the exact same thing as consistently beating the line

  5. #40
    RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-27-16
    Posts: 8,046
    Betpoints: 2696

    Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    this is why i am in players talk

    egotistical, self centered jackasses that do not tell the truth

    bro you just came back from a few months off after your string of losers
    I did not have a string of losers and I did not take time off for a short time because of it. I have a family member who was diagnosed with bone cancer and had to move said person into my home for care. I had to stop for awhile because of the lack of time to look at games and post.

    Rudy I have no problem with you at all. But please post facts and not speculate on why a person takes time away.

  6. #41
    jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 394,888

    KVB top 5

  7. #42
    eaglesfan371
    The great game of POT...LIMIT...OMAHA
    eaglesfan371's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-08-19
    Posts: 4,084
    Betpoints: 119

    Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    Try team total wins on the season or prop bets to win the division/title
    I have 2 $500 plays on season win totals, under 84.5 twins -105 (not looking too hot) and under 88.5 Cardinals -102 (looking okayish).

  8. #43
    RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-24-10
    Posts: 65,214
    Betpoints: 43

    Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    found btp 8

    42 - 28 -3


    so total is 247 - 208 - 15


    54.28%

    WOW

    actually impressive for me
    am i big time?

  9. #44
    eaglesfan371
    The great game of POT...LIMIT...OMAHA
    eaglesfan371's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-08-19
    Posts: 4,084
    Betpoints: 119

    Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    am i big time?
    Not sure. Will evaluate. I know you are definitely sharp at SBR trivia and quick google searches though. Seems like its -500 you will go 3/3 each time.

  10. #45
    RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-24-10
    Posts: 65,214
    Betpoints: 43

    Quote Originally Posted by RangeFinder View Post
    I did not have a string of losers and I did not take time off for a short time because of it. I have a family member who was diagnosed with bone cancer and had to move said person into my home for care. I had to stop for awhile because of the lack of time to look at games and post.

    Rudy I have no problem with you at all. But please post facts and not speculate on why a person takes time away.
    bro i remember when you went on a downswing and people were making fun of you

    maybe it wasnt when you went away, but it happened

    im not looking to argue your posting record here

    ive been pretty nice to you recently and you to me

    good luck






    if the thread title was Rangefinder or even Rudy, i wouldve acted the same way

    when kvb reads the thread, im sure ill have to argue with him

  11. #46
    danshan11
    I am good at coin flips, I really am!
    danshan11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-08-17
    Posts: 4,101
    Betpoints: 2887

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglesfan371 View Post
    Not sure. Will evaluate. I know you are definitely sharp at SBR trivia and quick google searches though. Seems like its -500 you will go 3/3 each time.

    my question is how can you evaluate?

  12. #47
    hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-04-17
    Posts: 7,933
    Betpoints: 4384

    Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    ...i posted for entertainment, not for someone to bet their fukkin paycheck

    makes no sense for anyone to act like some great winner

    if you are a winner, you dont want people to figure your shit out
    on a serious note, I believe this about the posters who consistently post picks, whether they track or not (because many do not track)

    they provide the some of the best content on SBR

    I say "some of the best" because we also get useful info about status of books, bitcoin when it was still newer a lot of people could get questions answered (and still do), etc. talking about useful stuff

    Whether people tail or fade any picks I don't care.

    Its not difficult to figure out why most here do not post picks, nor keep them organized into a single thread per season/sport.

  13. #48
    RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-24-10
    Posts: 65,214
    Betpoints: 43

    Quote Originally Posted by danshan11 View Post
    my question is how can you evaluate?
    great question

    tell us the answer

  14. #49
    danshan11
    I am good at coin flips, I really am!
    danshan11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-08-17
    Posts: 4,101
    Betpoints: 2887

    Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    great question

    tell us the answer
    simple for me even though I am not 100% convinced the more i search but essentially beating the line by more than the margin more than 70% of the time.

  15. #50
    eaglesfan371
    The great game of POT...LIMIT...OMAHA
    eaglesfan371's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-08-19
    Posts: 4,084
    Betpoints: 119

    Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    great question

    tell us the answer
    That one was a joke. For the past month or two I’ve yet to see you not have the trivia badge, two dates per week. You always win it.

  16. #51
    danshan11
    I am good at coin flips, I really am!
    danshan11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-08-17
    Posts: 4,101
    Betpoints: 2887

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglesfan371 View Post
    That one was a joke. For the past month or two I’ve yet to see you not have the trivia badge, two dates per week. You always win it.
    quick with the google searches, trivia was probably more fun when you did not have google search, me I just try at trivia I do not google search them!

  17. #52
    RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-24-10
    Posts: 65,214
    Betpoints: 43

    Quote Originally Posted by danshan11 View Post
    quick with the google searches, trivia was probably more fun when you did not have google search, me I just try at trivia I do not google search them!
    maybe just become smarter

    might help your capping as well

  18. #53
    danshan11
    I am good at coin flips, I really am!
    danshan11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-08-17
    Posts: 4,101
    Betpoints: 2887

    yeah my capping sucks, I am very unsuccessful!

    you should learn what it means to be a winner long term and maybe you would have a clue at something other than betpoint trivia LOL

  19. #54
    eaglesfan371
    The great game of POT...LIMIT...OMAHA
    eaglesfan371's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-08-19
    Posts: 4,084
    Betpoints: 119

    Quote Originally Posted by danshan11 View Post
    yeah my capping sucks, I am very unsuccessful!

    you should learn what it means to be a winner long term and maybe you would have a clue at something other than betpoint trivia LOL
    But how do you know you are a winner? You could just be on the most insane run ever, variance you know. How do you know the market isn’t changing against you?

    You claim to make NBA bets of $2000 on fairlay regularly but I hardly ever see that amount matched. Generally a couple hundred or some random $10k bet.

    Just playing decil’s advocate as you have done in this thread

  20. #55
    danshan11
    I am good at coin flips, I really am!
    danshan11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-08-17
    Posts: 4,101
    Betpoints: 2887

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglesfan371 View Post
    But how do you know you are a winner? You could just be on the most insane run ever, variance you know. How do you know the market isn’t changing against you?

    You claim to make NBA bets of $2000 on fairlay regularly but I hardly ever see that amount matched. Generally a couple hundred or some random $10k bet.

    Just playing decil’s advocate as you have done in this thread
    because I do well against the line on a regular basis, I have quit nba totals cause I just could not model the total correctly for the entire season, nothing made sense in the totals.

    I also understand you need to bet large amounts and have huge bet volume to take advantage of an edge and minimize the variance monster.

    I live on a razor thin edge, if I bet 100 a game I would make very little so because of that. not because of my ego or dick size do I claim big bets or make them. I make them because it is necessary to make any decent money with a small small edge

  21. #56
    KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-29-14
    Posts: 82,730
    Betpoints: 9330

    Tremendous thread here.



    Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    he did have his own thread

    he just quits tracking when things go south

    then plants them in other threads and bumps them til they go south

    just like me and the rest of everyone here

    This really isn't true.

    I post Fund plays that are being tracked with links to all of them and sum up each day in two different threads, win or lose.

    I have never posted differently based on record, but I have stopped posting some Fund plays mid season for other reasons.

    It mostly depends on the Funds I'm posting. Some of them just plain close for trading all together and have nothing to post. Some are too far ahead of the closing line to continue to post, and some couldn't be posted as I wasn't posting at all, like the later hoops season.

    I always explain the situation and if anything, have only stopped tracking due to success, not failure.

    Rudy is wrong, I track more completely, with more information concerning the line than probably anyone here. I bump more losers than most posters post.

    Rudy just can't stand the consistency. He never could.


  22. #57
    jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 394,888

    Rudy we are very consistent

    KVB tracks everything

  23. #58
    BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-19-07
    Posts: 31,322
    Betpoints: 5563

    He’s a high volume bettor which means he bets small. Other than that the guys a math whiz/genius. Yeah he’s sharp af fuk the nay-sayers.

  24. #59
    jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 394,888

    KVB is always doing calculations in his head

  25. #60
    homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-24-13
    Posts: 12,869
    Betpoints: 7684

    Just read hos thoughts on the stock market and you'll see quite quickly that he's playing chess while others play checkers.

First 12
Top