sunshine11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3097

Brady ML is the way to go here.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Quote Originally Posted by KingKolzig View Post
    chargers 4th game in 23 days plus they had about 4 days of practice for the patriots. pats rested. Brady will manage the game and let the Pats defense win it
    They don't really have one this year

GzaTheGenius
    GzaTheGenius's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15205

Brady aint the same guy, no higher than 9th in any of the major QB stat catagories.
    Still a great QB and the homefield advantage is huge I agree but I think Chargers are far and away a better team here.. As long as Rivers doesnt choke they should take this one

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Based on this thread it looks like everyone is mostly on the pats except giant, nino and myself.
    Don't neglect your pal Nasher.
    I said in week 2 this is River's year.
    I said in week 9 this is the year River's gets his ring.
    I ain't getting off the bus now.

Now, regarding the Pats.
    Age has caught up to TB12, his buddy Gronk is a broken down shell of a tight end he once was.
    His buddy Danny is catching passes in Miami these days, Brandin Cooks is catching passes for the Rams now.
    The only constants TB12 he has left is multi-purpose Julian Edelman, but he's getting long in the tooth, and RB James White.

But White isn't Mel Gordon, who's practiced and is cleared to play, and Edelman isn't Allen.
    And Gronk is finished.

Both defenses are OK, not great, but Anthony Lynn is so crafty, he and his staff decided to go with 7 DB's start to finish, and Harbaugh was like WTF is this? I wasn't expecting this. Jackson was so confused he got sacked 7 times, fumbled 3 times, and threw a pick. His body language said, "hey Flaco, get in here"

Now Captain Bill will probably prep his o-line about those 7 DB's so I expect Lynn to throw a different defense at TB12 than what they threw at Jackson last week.

Chargers all day, not for nothing, Rivers is 3 an 0 in post season games that have a 1pm window.
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave stevenash 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    4 points is a tough line. I can easily see the Pats winning, but not covering. Too early yet to commit.
    gonna wait til after the game as usual?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: swordsandtequila

KingKolzig
    KingKolzig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post

Now, regarding the Pats.
    Age has caught up to TB12, his buddy Gronk is a broken down shell of a tight end he once was.
    His buddy Danny is catching passes in Miami these days, Brandin Cooks is catching passes for the Rams now.
    The only constants TB12 he has left is multi-purpose Julian Edelman, but he's getting long in the tooth, and RB James White.

But White isn't Mel Gordon, who's practiced and is cleared to play, and Edelman isn't Allen.
    And Gronk is finished.

Both defenses are OK, not great, but Anthony Lynn is so crafty, he and his staff decided to go with 7 DB's start to finish, and Harbaugh was like WTF is this? I wasn't expecting this. Jackson was so confused he got sacked 7 times, fumbled 3 times, and threw a pick. His body language said, "hey Flaco, get in here"

Now Captain Bill will probably prep his o-line about those 7 DB's so I expect Lynn to throw a different defense at TB12 than what they threw at Jackson last week.

Chargers all day, not for nothing, Rivers is 3 an 0 in post season games that have a 1pm window.
    they just saw ravens 10 days before that. jackson is a rookie. brady completely different situation. 27 degrees today fuking freezing

KingKolzig
    KingKolzig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
    they arent bad. good secondary. chargers better not fall behind and have to pass in the cold

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

This Patriots team has been a little suspect all year long, not as dominate as Patriots teams in years past.. Brady looks old and off at times this year also.. This could be the year he gets rattled and dethroned.. Still tough to bet against when 2 weeks rested and prepared to go at home in the frozen tundra..

Tricky game to bet..

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3353

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    This Patriots team has been a little suspect all year long, not as dominate as Patriots teams in years past.. Brady looks old and off at times this year also.. This could be the year he gets rattled and dethroned.. Still tough to bet against when 2 weeks rested and prepared to go at home in the frozen tundra..

Tricky game to bet..
    Yeah valid points. Taking the 4 here. NE not as dominant. LAC best team they have faced in 1st round in a while. Under as well.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Now, regarding the Pats.

And Gronk is finished.

Nasher is a god for that 1pm window stat.been saying all week that this one has the feeling of that ravens pats game in 2010 when ray rice gave them the business.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    Nasher is a god for that 1pm window stat.been saying all week that this one has the feeling of that ravens pats game in 2010 when ray rice gave them the business.
    Stop it, that Ravens defense was sick that year.. Chargers D not even close to that Ravens D Shocka. Chargers D is good though and like I said this Patriots team is vulnerable this year. Chargers have a chance even if they are frozen. Brady is what 41 now? Old man river.

Time kills every star athlete.. Just saying..

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    Yeah valid points. Taking the 4 here. NE not as dominant. LAC best team they have faced in 1st round in a while. Under as well.
    Under might be the call if it's snowy..

titanium777
    titanium777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3910

I liked the Chargers until i realized Pats have a +16 point differential at home (highest in NFL). Chargers 8-1 on road, but it's not easy to win in foxborough

flakeandbake
    flakeandbake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4278

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    I don’t know. Harder to fade when they’re at home. Think it was much easier to tell that Clemson was the play. Chargers are good, but don’t think they’re better than Bill and Brady at home. Offense isn’t explosive enough. We’ll see.
    Sounds exactly like Clemson. But also sounds like the Colts last weekend. There’s a lot of things to consider. I’m leaning Pats

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

Quote Originally Posted by titanium777 View Post
    I liked the Chargers until i realized Pats have a +16 point differential at home (highest in NFL). Chargers 8-1 on road, but it's not easy to win in foxborough
    they should be able to move the ball easier this week. Baltimore's speed on defense last week was astounding. if Danny Shelton gets injured in the middle of the game.. I'm going large on the chargers ML live. .. +4.5 is already placed.. may parlay the +4 with the under
    Last edited by shocka1212; 01-11-19 at 03:08 AM.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

Quote Originally Posted by flakeandbake View Post
    Sounds exactly like Clemson. But also sounds like the Colts last weekend. There’s a lot of things to consider. I’m leaning Pats
    may I ask why?

Infowars2833
    Infowars2833's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    according to statistics, 70% of SBR is on the Chargers.

do you guys know who you’re fading here?
    No team buries Vegas more than the Patriots.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Brady usually burried everybody I’m taking them

looneytunes67
    looneytunes67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 206

I wouldn't touch this game.

I have lived in New England for 40 years and just do not trust this current NE team.

Brady is missing guys. Gronk is a shell of himself....actually think he has an undisclosed injury. He can't get open. Ankle still bothers him?
    Edelman is dropping balls. Patterson will not be 100%. Losing Gordon hurt them big. Plus their defense is porous both against the run and pass.

I got burned taking the Pats a few weeks ago against the Steelers. Thought everything lined up for a Pats win.
    MAybe a close game but still a PAts win. The Steelers just lost to OAkland and NE on the fluke last play to Miami.
    Pittsburgh without the league's best RB ( Bell) and Conner injured. Plus Ben with bruised ribs. Plus Ne only had to travel 3 hours the week before in the same time zone whereas Pittsburgh crisscrossed the country over 3 time zones.

Everything lined up in NE favor and ZING!

For those saying that Chargers have crisscrossed country 3 times in 9 days....don't get sucked into that. This is the playoffs. Guys playing on adrenaline. Not some meaningless end of season game for a 2-13 team.

Also,for those looking at the under, weather will be OK Sunday. Forecast is now calls for 29 degrees, winds of only 7 mph and NO precipitation.

This could be a field goal game either way which makes the Pats at -4.0 a shitty bet and the ML at -200 even worse. Maybe a small ML bet on Chargers? Some value there. GL.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6470

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    gonna wait til after the game as usual?

Wargasm
    Wargasm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 916

Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
    Brady also dropped off this year on third down conversions.

stevenash

they just saw ravens 10 days before that. jackson is a rookie. brady completely different situation. 27 degrees today fuking freezing
    Yeah, one is a wet behind the ears raw rookie, the other is a shell of a Hall of Fame QB.

stevenash

27 degrees today fuking freezing
    I live in New England, know what we call 27 degrees?
    Tee shirt and short pants weather.
    Now, where's my tanning butter?

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Public on all 4 dogs

SBR Posters on all 4 dogs

so were fading the 4 best teams who are coming off a bye and are at home

...alright then

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by looneytunes67 View Post
    I wouldn't touch this game.

I have lived in New England for 40 years and just do not trust this current NE team.

Brady is missing guys. Gronk is a shell of himself....actually think he has an undisclosed injury. He can't get open. Ankle still bothers him?
    Edelman is dropping balls. Patterson will not be 100%. Losing Gordon hurt them big. Plus their defense is porous both against the run and pass.

I got burned taking the Pats a few weeks ago against the Steelers. Thought everything lined up for a Pats win.
    MAybe a close game but still a PAts win. The Steelers just lost to OAkland and NE on the fluke last play to Miami.
    Pittsburgh without the league's best RB ( Bell) and Conner injured. Plus Ben with bruised ribs. Plus Ne only had to travel 3 hours the week before in the same time zone whereas Pittsburgh crisscrossed the country over 3 time zones.

Everything lined up in NE favor and ZING!

For those saying that Chargers have crisscrossed country 3 times in 9 days....don't get sucked into that. This is the playoffs. Guys playing on adrenaline. Not some meaningless end of season game for a 2-13 team.

Also,for those looking at the under, weather will be OK Sunday. Forecast is now calls for 29 degrees, winds of only 7 mph and NO precipitation.

This could be a field goal game either way which makes the Pats at -4.0 a shitty bet and the ML at -200 even worse. Maybe a small ML bet on Chargers? Some value there. GL.
    Can't argue this...

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post

Number 6 ?

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7725

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Public on all 4 dogs

SBR Posters on all 4 dogs

so were fading the 4 best teams who are coming off a bye and are at home

...alright then
    When was the last time a dog lost in the NFL playoffs?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

When was the last time a dog lost in the NFL playoffs?
    Dogs were hitting last week. Question is will that dog trend continue or will all the favorites hit and blow up everyone?

Last edited by JIBBBY; 01-11-19 at 10:17 AM.

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2774

Now, regarding the Pats.

And Gronk is finished.

not for nothing Nasher, but Rivers is also 0 - 7 vs. Tom Brady lifetime...

Rivers has a 5 - 5 record in the postseason (including last week's game vs. Baltimore) and 0 Super Bowl rings

Brady has 25 postseason wins and not to mention 5 superbowl rings...

and yes, I understand Brady might not be what he used to be but you still can dismiss what he's accomplished...

1. His 63 touchdown passes in the postseason is easily an NFL best. Joe Montana (45), Brett Favre (44), Peyton Manning (40) and Aaron Rodgers (36) round out the top five.

2. He is the all-time leader in postseason passing yards (9,094), with Manning (7,339), Favre (5,855), Montana (5,772), John Elway (4,964) and Ben Roethlisberger (4,787) next in line.

3. His 34 playoff starts -- which is more than two full regular-season schedules -- are the most ever by a quarterback (or any player in NFL history). Manning (27), Favre (24), Montana (23) and Elway (21) round out the quarterback list, while Adam Vinatieri (30), Jerry Rice (29), D.D. Lewis (27) and Manning (27) fill out the top tier of the list including all players.

4. Brady’s 25 playoff wins are the most by a starting quarterback, with Montana (16) next.

5. His 831 postseason completions top Manning (649), Favre (481) and Montana (460).

6. Brady’s 12 postseason games with 300 yards passing are an all-time high, with Manning (nine) and Drew Brees (seven) second and third on that list.

7. His five Super Bowl championships are the most ever by a quarterback, followed by Terry Bradshaw (four) and Montana (four).

8. He is tied with Oakland’s Daryle Lamonica (Dec. 21, 1969) and San Francisco’s Steve Young (Jan. 29, 1995) as the NFL’s all-time leader for most postseason touchdown passes in one game, with six. Brady accomplished the feat Jan. 14, 2012, versus Denver.

9. His 26-of-28 passing performance in a Jan. 12, 2008, divisional-round win over the Jaguars ranks as the best-ever completion percentage (92.9) in a postseason game. Phil Simms (22-of-25, 88 percent, on Jan. 25, 1987) and Kurt Warner (29-of-33, 87.9 percent, on Jan. 10, 2010) are right behind him.

10. In divisional-round play, Brady has posted an 11-2 record, completing 316 of 509 pass attempts for 3,700 passing yards and 26 touchdowns.

11. Seven conference-championship victories are the most of any starting quarterback in the Super Bowl era (since 1966). He has appeared in 11 conference championship games overall, passing Gene Upshaw and George Blanda, both of whom had played in 10.

12. His seven Super Bowl appearances are the most ever by a player, passing defensive lineman Mike Lodish, who played in six between his time with the Bills (four) and Broncos (two).

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Dogs were hitting last week. Question is will that dog trend continue or will all the favorites hit and blow up everyone?

Go back to last year.

Da Manster!

PS...pay real close attention to stat #10...

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    PS...pay real close attention to stat #10...
    Bro come on. Tell me the last time the pats played a good team in the division round?

Be honest.

Da Manster!

Bro come on. Tell me the last time the pats played a good team in the division round?

Be honest.
    well to be honest LB...anytime a team ( a pro team at that) can make it to the divisional round of the playoffs, they are a good team, period...end of story, end of discussion...there is no such thing as a "scrub", "sorry", or "terrible" team in this juncture of the playoffs...furthermore, a team that makes it to the divisional round means they've already won a playoff game the previous week in the wildcard round...so basically if you got there, you've earned it...no and's, if's, but's, or maybe's about it...

Cincy Courier
    Cincy Courier's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 109

Chargers won't even get off the bus

LuckyProphet
    LuckyProphet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 335

Brady be Luck in the AFC championship game is the story

the patriots win by a TD

First 12345 Last