kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

I have made my easily correct posts in this thread

See ya

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

SEC should investigate Trump stock purchases. If he bought stock on Monday he should be investigated for manipulating the markets.

khicks26
    khicks26's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19074

Quote Originally Posted by RoyBacon View Post
    Inflation is the same as last year. It's actually lower according to the Fed chairman. But let's say it's the same.

3 - 0.2 = 2.8%

That's 25x the wage growth that we had pre tax cuts.

There are 7 million job openings vs 3 million thanks to tax cuts.

If they worked any better the Fed would raise rates to 8%.

Keep in mind the head Tard crying Chuck claimed we would not even get to 1% GDP. LOL. Uhh Chuck we are at 3.3%.
    Play tricks with the numbers all you want. In the end, the Middle class is still getting small, people are still in debt, & don't have real purchasing power. Most of what you claim is good for working people, doesn't make a big difference in their lives.

The stock market, GDP don't mean shit to working people. You can stop lying now Roy.

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

Quote Originally Posted by khicks26 View Post
    What didn't you understand about 08. Avg. people lost everything. People that could of retired had to start over.
    So why do you keep saying that the average American doesn't benefit from the stock market going up??
    Anybody that has retired during a a good period has benefited greatly from it
    Some are hurt by it when the opposite is true
    Why do you keep repeating something that is factually untrue???
    That's a rhetorical question for someone like you

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Play tricks with the numbers all you want. In the end, the Middle class is still getting small, people are still in debt, & don't have real purchasing power. Most of what you claim is good for working people, doesn't make a big difference in their lives.

The stock market, GDP don't mean shit to working people. You can stop lying now Roy.
    I'm middle class and have no debts other than a mortgage which I owe less than half than my house worths right now. I have a 6 figure 401k and I expect in 20 years when I retire to be a million or more. Everything I make is in the stock market. If you are not investing in the stock market you are not smart.

khicks26

Quote Originally Posted by maggiethebestdog View Post
    So why do you keep saying that the average American doesn't benefit from the stock market going up??
    Anybody that has retired during a a good period has benefited greatly from it
    Some are hurt by it when the opposite is true
    Why do you keep repeating something that is factually untrue???
    That's a rhetorical question for someone like you
    So why don't you take your retirement, go to Vegas, & let us know how it works out for you.

If you don't understand subjects that are beyond you. You should STFU. Nobody needs you clown shill ass telling lies.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Wow

Everyone benefits indirectly

khicks26

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    I'm middle class and have no debts other than a mortgage which I owe less than half than my house worths right now. I have a 6 figure 401k and I expect in 20 years when I retire to be a million or more. Everything I make is in the stock market. If you are not investing in the stock market you are not smart.
    Your in the same boat I'm in. Do we really have a choice when it comes to the market? One crash & that 20 years will turn into 40. My whole 401k tanked in 08. Just getting back to were it was. But still behind from were I should be.

Seeing that the market has a down turn or crash every 4 to 7 years on Avg. I wouldn't count on that 20 years.

RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15679

So we should not of cut taxes and stayed with 0.2% wage growth? and 1.6% GDP growth?

According to ********** 30 day late pays are the lowest ever recorded.

We do agree tax cuts really help working folks.

HockeyRocks
    HockeyRocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6014

Nice day for the patient investor..Lets see if it holds...

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyRocks View Post
    Check Trump's tweets tonight. It doesn't take a lot from him to mess it up again. He was quiet today and the market liked it.

khicks26

So we should not of cut taxes and stayed with 0.2% wage growth? and 1.6% GDP growth?

According to ********** 30 day late pays are the lowest ever recorded.

We do agree tax cuts really help working folks.
    Short term affects, lets see what the long term are. If history shows anything, since Reagan. Tax Cuts have not helped working people. Just made rich people richer.

Those are the facts.

maggiethebestdog

So why don't you take your retirement, go to Vegas, & let us know how it works out for you.

If you don't understand subjects that are beyond you. You should STFU. Nobody needs you clown shill ass telling lies.
    Lol
    The stock market helps some retirements and hurts others
    It is all luck and timing
    That is not my opinion
    Once again you are arguing with someone that says 2+2=4
    Once again, not surprising coming from an uneducated loser like yourself

HockeyRocks
    HockeyRocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6014

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Check Trump's tweets tonight. It doesn't take a lot from him to mess it up again. He was quiet today and the market liked it.
    He needs to keep his azz in Iraq...

khicks26

Lol
    The stock market helps some retirements and hurts others
    It is all luck and timing
    That is not my opinion
    Once again you are arguing with someone that says 2+2=4
    Once again, not surprising coming from an uneducated loser like yourself
    So I think that retirement shouldn't be a luck & timing issue. That makes me a loser?

Since you think it should be. What kind of prick from hell does that make you?

I hope you lose your ass & rot on the street, you heartless POS.

Like I said, go fuk your dog & STFU.

RoyBacon

Short term affects, lets see what the long term are. If history shows anything, since Reagan. Tax Cuts have not helped working people. Just made rich people richer.

Those are the facts.
    OK, so now we agree tax cuts have fueled economic and wage growth. That's a start. Now the argument pivots to they will not last.

Reagan's tax cuts saved the country and it was supported by the majority of tards. Can you believe we had 11% inflation and 10% unemployment before Reagan's tax cuts? Hard to imagine today.

maggiethebestdog

So I think that retirement shouldn't be a luck & timing issue. That makes me a loser?

Since you think it should be. What kind of prick from hell does that make you?

I hope you lose your ass & rot on the street, you heartless POS.

Like I said, go fuk your dog & STFU.
    Lol
    What an idiot
    You came here and lied, as usual, about how the market effects average people
    I merely point out, with fact, once again, that you are full of shit and have no clue what you are talking about
    You try and lie again, which doesn't work because of the obvious facts, and finally resort to some pathetic whining and crying about how unfair the system is
    Just when I think you couldn't entertain me anymore with your stupidity and dishonesty, you step up to the plate and deliver once again

khicks26

Lol
    What an idiot
    You came here and lied, as usual, about how the market effects average people
    I merely point out, with fact, once again, that you are full of shit and have no clue what you are talking about
    You try and lie again, which doesn't work because of the obvious facts, and finally resort to some pathetic whining and crying about how unfair the system is
    Just when I think you couldn't entertain me anymore with your stupidity and dishonesty, you step up to the plate and deliver once again
    Just because I made a better case than you based on history & facts. Is no reason to keep up with your stupidity.

Most Avg. people don't benefit from the market. They are left holding the bag, that's what happened 08 & it will happen again.

Now fuk off you Brooks 85 wanna be.

khicks26

OK, so now we agree tax cuts have fueled economic and wage growth. That's a start. Now the argument pivots to they will not last.

Reagan's tax cuts saved the country and it was supported by the majority of tards. Can you believe we had 11% inflation and 10% unemployment before Reagan's tax cuts? Hard to imagine today.
    Roy, you & I both know this is a sugar high. If Reagan tax cuts worked so well, why are we in the hole we are today? Because they didn't put money in the hands of people that spend money. Same reason GWB's tax cuts didn't work. Same reason these won't work.

Trickle down doesn't work. Please stop lying about it.

RoyBacon

Roy, you & I both know this is a sugar high. If Reagan tax cuts worked so well, why are we in the hole we are today? Because they didn't put money in the hands of people that spend money. Same reason GWB's tax cuts didn't work. Same reason these won't work.

Trickle down doesn't work. Please stop lying about it.
    Reagan's economic expansion was the longest in history and saved the country. But Bush raised taxes and the rest is history.

Instead of pretending that tax cuts don't work when obviously they do how about telling me what works better?

I'm not married to any ideology. I admire how China leverages their government to increase growth. Our government NEVER helps secure international contracts.

khicks26

Reagan's economic expansion was the longest in history and saved the country. But Bush raised taxes and the rest is history.

Instead of pretending that tax cuts don't work when obviously they do how about telling me what works better?

I'm not married to any ideology. I admire how China leverages their government to increase growth. Our government NEVER helps secure international contracts.
    Not true, it put us on the unstable ground the economy rest today.

Tax cuts for rich people don't work.

Our economy moved to China for low wages. That's why it works.

RoyBacon

Not true, it put us on the unstable ground the economy rest today.

Tax cuts for rich people don't work.

Our economy moved to China for low wages. That's why it works.
    He took over there was 11% inflation, 10% unemployment and 18% interest rates. Stable ground? That was a fuggin depression that we have NEVER SEEN SINCE thanks to tax reform.

If there was no Reagan tax cuts we would be wayyyyyyyyyy worse than Venezuela.

You just make up stuff that doesn't fit your ideology.

Dems pre-TDS always supported tax cuts because they help working people and the economy. Always. Google the vote counts. Even the far left supported them.

khicks26

He took over there was 11% inflation, 10% unemployment and 18% interest rates. Stable ground? That was a fuggin depression that we have NEVER SEEN SINCE thanks to tax reform.

If there was no Reagan tax cuts we would be wayyyyyyyyyy worse than Venezuela.

You just make up stuff that doesn't fit your ideology.

Dems pre-TDS always supported tax cuts because they help working people and the economy. Always. Google the vote counts. Even the far left supported them.
    What was 08? Thanks to Reagan economics.

VZ again? Jesus Christ Roy. Your losing it.

My ideology is not to give everything to the rich until feudalism returns. Is that your ideology Mr. Tax Cuts?

Yeah many people, me included believed it would work. Obviously the state of affairs today proves it doesn't. Please stop lying & saying it does.

RoyBacon

What was 08? Thanks to Reagan economics.

VZ again? Jesus Christ Roy. Your losing it.

My ideology is not to give everything to the rich until feudalism returns. Is that your ideology Mr. Tax Cuts?

Yeah many people, me included believed it would work. Obviously the state of affairs today proves it doesn't. Please stop lying & saying it does.
    Well I asked a while back how you would handle tax cuts if they work. Now I know, pretend they don't.

Pretend wage growth has not increased 25x. Pretend economic growth has not doubled.

Look for obscure facts and when that also fails just say it won't last.

The truth is you are not interested in wage & economic growth for working folks if the rich get richer. You just want to punish the rich at all costs like an envy thingy. The reality, unfortunately for you, is that doesnt work.

khicks26

Well I asked a while back how you would handle tax cuts if they work. Now I know, pretend they don't.

Pretend wage growth has not increased 25x. Pretend economic growth has not doubled.

Look for obscure facts and when that also fails just say it won't last.

The truth is you are not interested in wage & economic growth for working folks if the rich get richer. You just want to punish the rich at all costs like an envy thingy. The reality, unfortunately for you, is that doesnt work.
    Talking points will not change history. Tax cuts for rich people don't work. Nothing obscure about it.

I don't care who gets rich, as long as its not at the expense of the rest of us.

Why do you want a few rich people & the rest of us to be poor?

RoyBacon

Talking points will not change history. Tax cuts for rich people don't work. Nothing obscure about it.

I don't care who gets rich, as long as its not at the expense of the rest of us.

Why do you want a few rich people & the rest of us to be poor?
    I'm just a realist. You can only help working people by increasing economic activity. That's the only way you can even have a middle class.

Tax cuts 100% increase economic activity and wage growth. Which is why Dems always voted for them.

khicks26

I'm just a realist. You can only help working people by increasing economic activity. That's the only way you can even have a middle class.

Tax cuts 100% increase economic activity and wage growth. Which is why Dems always voted for them.
    You could raise the min wage. That would help working people. You could stop working against unions, that would help working people. You could give everyone healthcare, that would help. You could give working people a tax break.

Tax cuts didn't help the economy. It helped the stock market which is not the real economy. Dems voted for them because their donors wanted them to.

70% of the country was against the tax cuts. Why? Because everyone knows they don't work.

I guess your just for impoverishing the rest of us to benefit your class. Which is never good for an economy.

Just wish you would quit lying about it.
    Last edited by khicks26; 12-26-18 at 06:42 PM.

guitarjosh
    guitarjosh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8070

If you're afraid of a stock market crash invest in bonds.

khicks26

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19731

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyRocks View Post
    Of course it's going to hold and then shoot up; it may take awhile but it will happen.

RoyBacon

You could raise the min wage. That would help working people. You could stop working against unions, that would help working people. You could give everyone healthcare, that would help. You could give working people a tax break.

Tax cuts didn't help the economy. It helped the stock market which is not the real economy. Dems voted for them because their donors wanted them to.

70% of the country was against the tax cuts. Why? Because everyone knows they don't work.

I guess your just for impoverishing the rest of us to benefit your class. Which is never good for an economy.

Just wish you would quit lying about it.
    We already established the tax cuts worked but let's review it again; wages increasing 25x more, Economic growth has doubled, approaching 10 million have come off welfare, 4 million more job openings, lowest 30 day cc late payments in history.

If you recall we agreed tax cuts worked whereby you pivoted to the argument they won't continue to work.

The market will determine the min wage. If you actually want lower wages to rise stop the 1 million a year of illegals that take those jobs.

I'm ok with some form of healthcare but cuts will have to be made elsewhere to pay for it. Could be a lot of cuts. Just know taxes can't go up. You don't build a middle class by raising taxes.

looneytunes67
    looneytunes67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 206

Your in the same boat I'm in. Do we really have a choice when it comes to the market? One crash & that 20 years will turn into 40. My whole 401k tanked in 08. Just getting back to were it was. But still behind from were I should be.

Seeing that the market has a down turn or crash every 4 to 7 years on Avg. I wouldn't count on that 20 years.
    Seriously this makes no sense. Either you have some very speculative investments in your 401k or you are investing in mutual funds with obscene expense ratios or very speculative stocks. If one had dumped every dollar they have at the height of the DOW in MAy of 2008 when the DOW was slightly above 13,000 .... they would have been even again by MArch 2012.....less than 4 years.

Look.....I am almost 60 years old and I will tell you that for most middle class workers, investing in the stock market, is one of the BEST ways to accumulate a moderate degree of wealth to supplement Social Security. I am now retired and started investing in my company's 401k when I was 22. They didn't even call it a 401k plan back then. It was an ESP ( Employee Savings Plan). I maxed out at 16% every year. 6% match plus 10% supplemental. Not to brag, but today my 401 k is in the multiple 7 figures. My main issue going forward is to limit taxes in retirement by doing ROTH conversions before I reach 70 1/2 when RMD's take effect.

The key is to start early! As soon as you start working or graduate college. Invest in your companies 401k at least up to the match. This is FREE money.

Some key advice;

1) Start early! In your 20's. MAx out your companies 401k. Outside of this open up a ROTH IRA if you meet the income limits. Outside
    of this open up a taxable brokerage account.

2) Don't mess with individual stocks. Don't get caught up in the FANG craze or TESLA or AMAZON or the next hottest Biotech
    stock. Stick with Index Mutual Funds or ETF's. You want to take overall market risk. NOT market risk AND individual
    company risk. Domestic equities with some Int'l. to include emerging mkts and a total bond fund are all you need.

3) Set an AA ( Asset Allocation: Equities/Fixed Income) appropriate for your AGE and RISK TOLERANCE. The younger you
    are; the more you should be in equities because you have decades to recovers downturns in the market.

4) Rebalance your allocation....ESPECIALLY as you near retirement. If you have set a 50/50 AA and the market has done well,
    and you now find yourself at 60/40.......shift equities into fixed income to bring you back to 50/50. What you have done
    is locked in those profits. Don't just "let it ride." Do this within an IRA. This way you are doing an exchange within the IRA
    and there are NO immediate tax consequences. If it is not possible to rebalance within your IRA, then try to TLH ( TAx Loss
    Harvest) within your taxable brokerage account. Sell winners and offset gains with some losers. This way you rebalance
    and limit taxes at the same time.

5) Watch expenses! For me PAssive low cost index funds have been very very good to me. It is not just what you make but what
    you keep. Avoid front end loaded mutual funds. Avoid funds whose expense ratio is greater than 25 basis points (0.25%). The expense ratio on a fund is the vig. Keep it low!
    Over 40 years of investing, expenses will seriously erode your profits. The active managers, over the long haul, cannot beat
    the index funds.

6) Finally, tune out the noise. Keep investing. Remember....you are in this for the LONG TERM! When I started working at the tender age 0f 22......the year was 1981. The DOW was
    hovering around 1,000. Today, even with the recent pullback, it is just below 23,000. An increase by a factor of 23 over the
    past 37 years. I am happy with that.

In MArch of 2009 with the DOW at 6500, Warren Buffet was interviewed on his take on the markets. His response?
    " This is an amazing buying opportunity if you have some dry powder. For 240 years some people have been betting
    against America. And for 240 years it has been a bad bet." Smart man.

Good luck to all especially you young guys.
    Last edited by looneytunes67; 12-27-18 at 05:45 AM. Reason: add
    Points Awarded:

ByeShea gave looneytunes67 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

RoyBacon gave looneytunes67 3 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ByeShea, and toddsclowns

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Great post ^^^

What khicks most likely did was sell into cash near bottom in 08-09, and didn’t get back in until the market was way higher than where he sold.

maggiethebestdog

Knicks is just a compulsive lying retard
    Nothing he says makes any sense
    He is 100% clueless as to how the stock market works yet comes on here babbling about it like he is smart
    Even when confronted with fact that disputes everything he says, he just keeps spewing nonsense

khicks26

We already established the tax cuts worked but let's review it again; wages increasing 25x more, Economic growth has doubled, approaching 10 million have come off welfare, 4 million more job openings, lowest 30 day cc late payments in history.

If you recall we agreed tax cuts worked whereby you pivoted to the argument they won't continue to work.

The market will determine the min wage. If you actually want lower wages to rise stop the 1 million a year of illegals that take those jobs.

I'm ok with some form of healthcare but cuts will have to be made elsewhere to pay for it. Could be a lot of cuts. Just know taxes can't go up. You don't build a middle class by raising taxes.
    What we established is that those number mean something different to you than me. Never did we establish the tax cuts are working. That's just you trying to will something on the rest of us that works for you.

The market doesn't fix everything. Nor is your claim that everyone on the left for open borders true. That's just a Fox News BS talking point.

Again, studies show that Med-care for all will save 2 trillion to 10 trillion dollar over the currant system in place. You don't need to find the money.

When did I say you can build a middle class by raising tax's? Or is that what Fox News is telling you?

First 123456 Last