LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post
    Disagree.......I think College Football realizes they've messed this up big time, and itll expand in the next year or 2. No one wants to watch Clemson play a Conference Championship as a 28 point favorite, or Alabama and Ohio St as 14 point favorites. Conference Championships don't carry tradition as they new in the last few years for the most part. There is wayyyyy more money to be made, and way more interest in seeing Bama/Wash, Clemson/UCF, ND/OSU and Georgia/Oklahoma in quarter final round then these garbage matchups no one will be watching this weekend.
    The bolded part will not change, conference championships are just that. It is the actual playoff that needs expansion to 8 teams, and other than assigning seeding and bowls, committee's biggest task will be selecting the 2 at large berths, as 5 spots would be Power 5 champs (decided on the field, gee what a concept!) and 8th spot would be highest ranked Group of 5 Champ.

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

The Conference Championship matchups are a joke. Must be nice for ND to get a break, and walk into the BCS.......there isn't a scenario that could leave them out.

ans61201
    ans61201's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4181

Do not expand. Complaining about conference championships, the regular season wouldn’t mean anything with expansion. More teams waters the product in any sport. Not to mention putting kids in the most dangerous sport into an extra game for free. Best regular season sport for a reason leave it alone

Regul8er
    Wordd

Quote Originally Posted by ans61201 View Post
    Do not expand. Complaining about conference championships, the regular season wouldn’t mean anything with expansion. More teams waters the product in any sport. Not to mention putting kids in the most dangerous sport into an extra game for free. Best regular season sport for a reason leave it alone
    Disagree! Sucks to win a major Conference Regular Season title and major Conference Championship game, and not have a chance to compete for a National Championship. That's absurd........Ohio St will be feeling the burn this year Im afraid.

ans61201

Disagree! Sucks to win a major Conference Regular Season title and major Conference Championship game, and not have a chance to compete for a National Championship. That's absurd........Ohio St will be feeling the burn this year Im afraid.
    If they do then don’t get blown out by a nobody midssason. Every game matters in regular season.

What’s worse than winning your championship and not having a chance is marching Alabama out for an extra game to win by 30. Rather have 1 deserving team miss each year then 3 who don’t have a shot in hell.

That’s what makes this exciting

Regul8er
    Wordd

I agree about Ohio St..........with only 4 teams getting in, they did that to themselves....but if they somehow pass Oklahoma if Oklahoma beats Texas, the system is broken.

LT Profits

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by mw00 View Post
    arent you like a 60 yr old man...why the need to talk and insult people like that? you always sound so angry for a guy that's supposedly successful and set in his life.
    Why do you think I am so set in my life? It is the same old B.S. with these people week in and week out. No one asked what they wanted. No one cares. The reason why I am so successful and set in my life is because I do not take it out on the people I love and care for. I take it out on the people that act stupid and mean absolutely nothing to me. Now the question made sense. What happens if all three #4 wanna-be's lose? I gave a logical explanation of one possibility. There are other possibilities. What is definitely NOT a possibility is for the playoff to expand to 8 teams, so why run your mouth and bring it up? Start another thread about that if you wish.

dumdum214
    dumdum214's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

If 1aa can have a 24 team playoff, no reason you can't expand to 8 teams. Most teams won't have a shot but it gives teams like UCF a shot.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

I agree about Ohio St..........with only 4 teams getting in, they did that to themselves....but if they somehow pass Oklahoma if Oklahoma beats Texas, the system is broken.
    The system cannot be "broken" because it is "Subjective". Whatever decisions are made are the correct decisions as far as the 13 decision makers are concerned and they are the ONLY ones that count. None of our opinions do, so none of us have any say in the matter.

Now most of you do not pay attention to anything that anyone has to say in here, but allow me to remind you who told you, back in August, that the Committee would not forgive Urban Meyer and Ohio State for covering up and protecting a wife beater. It will be very intgeresting to see on Sunday if this comes to fruition.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Isola made great point. If OhioSt + Okla look like toss-up, committee will take Sooners.

* Chance to market QB Murray. And they get to avoid dirt from Urban Meyer.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by dumdum214 View Post
    If 1aa can have a 24 team playoff, no reason you can't expand to 8 teams. Most teams won't have a shot but it gives teams like UCF a shot.
    There are THREE reasons why you cannot expand to 8 teams as of now. 1. The Presidents and Trustees do not want it. 2. The NCAA does not want it. 3. ABC/ESPN does not want it. Game, Set and Match.

ans61201

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    There are THREE reasons why you cannot expand to 8 teams as of now. 1. The Presidents and Trustees do not want it. 2. The NCAA does not want it. 3. ABC/ESPN does not want it. Game, Set and Match.
    That and you'll start seeing even more joey bosa's if you wanna keep marching these kids out for more free games.

There will always bee a team complaining.

If you do 8 you'll have teams 9-10 complaining.

More waters the product down plain and simple. NBA puts more then half their teams in when only 1-2 have a shot every year, and it's the most boring playoffs imagineble.

Regul8er
    Wordd

The field will expand shortly.........mark my words. The NCAA Basketball Tournament field expanded from 16 to 32 to 48 to 64 now to 68. You have to start somewhere, and that's fine this thing started with 4 when this started a few years ago, but it will expand.....the almighty green dollar will dictate that.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by ans61201 View Post
    That and you'll start seeing even more joey bosa's if you wanna keep marching these kids out for more free games.

There will always bee a team complaining.

If you do 8 you'll have teams 9-10 complaining.

More waters the product down plain and simple. NBA puts more then half their teams in when only 1-2 have a shot every year, and it's the most boring playoffs imagineble.
    Actually there would probably be LESS complaining with Power 5 champs getting automatic bids. Only complaining would surround the 2 at-large selections.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11114

7 Michigan and 8 UCF would looked at along with georgia

But okla and ohio st would be out out out

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    7 Michigan and 8 UCF would looked at along with georgia

But okla and ohio st would be out out out
    UCF would NEVER be considered. It would likely by Georgia.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    UCF would NEVER be considered. It would likely by Georgia.

LT they'll be given a peek because they're #8 and in the OP scenario 4, 5, 6 will have lost. Michigan will be given a very serious look

LT Profits

LT they'll be given a peek because they're #8 and in the OP scenario 4, 5, 6 will have lost. Michigan will be given a very serious look
    But the thing is, as long as Playoff is 4 teams, no non-power conference team (besides Notre Dame) will ever get in.

homie1975

But the thing is, as long as Playoff is 4 teams, no non-power conference team (besides Notre Dame) will ever get in.
    The only was if 2 power 5 conf champs have 2 losses and. Group of 5 team goes undefeated. Then they'll habe a real shot

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Al Masters View Post
    Here’s a better question

What happens if Clemson eek out a 3 point win.
    I’ll have to ponder that one.

BigDofBA

BTW, Georgia gets in if this happens.

They’ll have the best resume of the two loss teams.

Road loss to top 10 LSU.

Neutral site loss to #1 Bama. They’re not putting UCF in. I can’t belive people actually think there is a scenario in which they get in.

They’re not putting a 3 loss team in either. So Georgia gets the spot bc they’re the best 2 loss team.

It’s not that complicated.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by Al Masters View Post
    Here’s a better question

What happens if Clemson eek out a 3 point win.
    Provided Bama wins, Clemson winning by 3 means they either stay #2 or they flip flop with Notre dame. Either way, zero chance Clemson misses the playoff even if they won by just one point.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    BTW, Georgia gets in if this happens.

They’ll have the best resume of the two loss teams.

Road loss to top 10 LSU.

Neutral site loss to #1 Bama. They’re not putting UCF in. I can’t belive people actually think there is a scenario in which they get in.

They’re not putting a 3 loss team in either. So Georgia gets the spot bc they’re the best 2 loss team.

It’s not that complicated.
    You're only looking at their losses. What asbout their wins? How quality are They? I bet you if georgia lost as well as OU and tOSU, the committee would look at Michigan and maybe even UCF esp if georgia got therefore blown off by 21+

homie1975

And their 20 pt road loss at LSU looks worse as LSU keeps losing. It's like a team claiming they beat #4 wisky in week one. Well wisky was never good enough to be #4 !!

BigDofBA

You're only looking at their losses. What asbout their wins? How quality are They? I bet you if georgia lost as well as OU and tOSU, the committee would look at Michigan and maybe even UCF esp if georgia got therefore blown off by 21+
    What are UCF’s quality wins?

I’m pretty sure there are about 15-20 teams that would be undefeated if they played UCF’s schedule.

UCF beat Memphis by 1 point. Memphis lost 65-33 to Mizzou, lost to Tulane, and got beat by a 3 win Navy team.

When your best win is against unranked Memphis. You have no shot.

Georgia has beaten...

#9 Florida
    #15 Kentucky
    #24 Mizzou

Even Georgia’s wins over teams like South Carolina, Auburn, and Ga. Tech are way better than any one win UCF has. It’s not even a contest.
    Points Awarded:

homie1975 gave BigDofBA 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

BigDofBA

BTW, Georgia has the #3 rated schedule.

UCF is #71.

https://www.teamrankings.com/college...ength-by-other

Even is Georgia loses by 21 to #1 Bama. That’s still not as bad as how Michigan got blown out last weekend.

It would almost have to be Georgia. I could at least see a scenario in which maybe Michigan would back into the playoff but there is zero chance UCF gets in.

homie1975

I think a lot of it would be just how okla, georgia and ohio st look in losses, should they lose. If the sooners lose another close one, their 11-2 with 2 close losses looks as good as anyone

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Let's keep our heads on straight gentlemen...

If Georgia beats Alabama....

Alabama would be at least #4 and still headed to the playoffs.

With the dominating season Alabama has had.... you can't kick them out of the playoffs.

Personally, if Georgia loses by 8 or fewer to Alabama.... I would still send them to the Playoffs.

Notre Dame is SOLID
    Clemson is SOLID
    Alabama is SOLID

Oklahoma has the shi#$iest defense ever
    Ohio State is just one lucky football team. They don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

I think this is the easiest year for the committee in a long time. Media making it bigger than it is.

homie1975

Football at all levels is changing. The chiefs became the first team in NFL history to score 50 points and lose!! Most teams don't play great D in hs college or pro. Oklahoma might not win pretty in terms of D but they win

That lsu blowout of georgia is looking worse by the week.

If georgia loses to bama and sooners beat texas, sooners go. Unless ohio st beats nwestern by 40. Then there's a conversation in that committee room

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Football at all levels is changing. The chiefs became the first team in NFL history to score 50 points and lose!! Most teams don't play great D in hs college or pro. Oklahoma might not win pretty in terms of D but they win

That lsu blowout of georgia is looking worse by the week.

If georgia loses to bama and sooners beat texas, sooners go. Unless ohio st beats nwestern by 40. Then there's a conversation in that committee room
    I think Ohio State -14 VS Northwestern is a good play.... Urban Meyer has to run up the score.... and he knows that... to have any chance for the Playoffs.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I think Ohio State -14 VS Northwestern is a good play.... Urban Meyer has to run up the score.... and he knows that... to have any chance for the Playoffs.
    Unless Oklahoma loses to Texas in the afternoon. Then Ohio State only needs to win, style points would not matter any more. In fact, the only way Ohio State absolutely HAS to run up the score is if Oklahoma wins a fairly close game, say by 10 or less. If Oklahoma wins big, it should be all over for Ohio State.

homie1975

Unless Oklahoma loses to Texas in the afternoon. Then Ohio State only needs to win, style points would not matter any more. In fact, the only way Ohio State absolutely HAS to run up the score is if Oklahoma wins a fairly close game, say by 10 or less. If Oklahoma wins big, it should be all over for Ohio State.
    Oklahoma playing the #14 team. Ohio state playing #21. If Oklahoma weeks even by 3 points out will likely take a 35 point win by the buckeyes to jump them. Rob Mullens was pretty clear and up front on tue ESPN show

LT Profits

Oklahoma playing the #14 team. Ohio state playing #21. If Oklahoma weeks even by 3 points out will likely take a 35 point win by the buckeyes to jump them. Rob Mullens was pretty clear and up front on tue ESPN show
    Isn't that basically what I said?
    "the only way Ohio State absolutely HAS to run up the score is if Oklahoma wins a fairly close game"

If Oklahoma wins big, they should clinch. If Oklahoma loses, Ohio State only needs to win.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Disagree.......I think College Football realizes they've messed this up big time, and itll expand in the next year or 2. No one wants to watch Clemson play a Conference Championship as a 28 point favorite, or Alabama and Ohio St as 14 point favorites. Conference Championships don't carry tradition as they new in the last few years for the most part. There is wayyyyy more money to be made, and way more interest in seeing Bama/Wash, Clemson/UCF, ND/OSU and Georgia/Oklahoma in quarter final round then these garbage matchups no one will be watching this weekend.
    It is not going to happen for at least 5 years. That is how much time is left o the current contract and NO ONE, who counts, wants to change it. The College Presidents and administrations want it that way and that is the way it will be. We go through this same Bull S**t every season and nothing has changed yet. When are you going to realize that they do NOT care what you or I want.

First 123 Last