Wrongside
    Only Backdoor'd; never backdoor
    Wrongside's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 773

What happens if OU, Ohio State and Georgia all lose?

Could happen. Not likely, but could happen...

Al Masters
    Al Masters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11516

Quote Originally Posted by Wrongside View Post
    Suicide rate will take spike up, guys who
    bet 15 team parlays with huge favs will have
    clean pipes and bookmakers will be giving
    out Christmas bonuses to their employees.

Not going to happen!

Al Masters
    Al Masters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11516

Here’s a better question

What happens if Clemson eek out a 3 point win.

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 287

Alabama will get a bye to the championship game.

Seriously though, if that happened UCF deserves a shot even with their QB being down.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

more interested if alabama loses clemson 1 notre dame 2 georgia 3. who gets 4 spot oklahoma bama ohio st

ans61201
    ans61201's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4181

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    more interested if alabama loses clemson 1 notre dame 2 georgia 3. who gets 4 spot oklahoma bama ohio st
    Alabama loses they’re still in.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by ans61201 View Post
    Alabama loses they’re still in.
    I hear everyone saying this, but are we absolutely certain? Why should they get in without winning their conference title?

xKMACKx
    xKMACKx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8449

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I hear everyone saying this, but are we absolutely certain? Why should they get in without winning their conference title?
    They got in the playoff without even going to the SEC Championship last year.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by xKMACKx View Post
    They got in the playoff without even going to the SEC Championship last year.
    True, but at least they didn't lose. They should be punished if they lose their last game.

Well, shit. I guess they did that last year, too.

There's no keeping them out.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: bigtymer56

cowboyinscotland
    cowboyinscotland's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 225

If Bama loses they might drop a place or 2 but no way in hell do they leave the top 4. They are the best team in college football by far and I still expect them to win the title.

ans61201

Because the number one thing the committee has for a goal: get the 4 best teams in. ND won't win a championship either.

They're clearly a top 4 team. They'll get in regardless of the result, as they should.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Alabama is in

Then a crapshoot

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Nobody gets the 4 seed. Alabama gets a bye

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Quote Originally Posted by bonzaii View Post
    Alabama will get a bye to the championship game.

Seriously though, if that happened UCF deserves a shot even with their QB being down.
    They lose to Memphis tho

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

If Ohio state and OU Lose, it may depend on how bad Georgia loses. If UCF loses too I have no idea

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Because a loss at a neutral site vs Georgia, is better then a loss vs lowly Purdue or Texas!

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Alabama could lose every game and still get in.
    Points Awarded:

deltgen gave lakerboy 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by Wrongside View Post
    Committe would take 2-loss team choosing between Georgia, OU or Michigan. UCF as ZERO shot, they are not even a consideration.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    Alabama is in no matter what, and I think Clemson is too although some disagree with me.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Al Masters View Post
    Here’s a better question

What happens if Clemson eek out a 3 point win.
    What is your point here? I think Clemson is in even if they lose, big gap between top two teams right now and rest of the field. So effectively I think only one spot is left to be decided.

LT Profits

Yes, 200% certainty Alabama is in. And 90% certainty Clemson is in (with a loss i mean). Alabama would be same scenario as last year, no conference title but clearly the best team in the country. Ultimate goal of committee is to choose the 4 BEST teams.

Slipknot26
    Slipknot26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1575

If Bama loses this weekend to Georgia , best case scenario for the 8 team expansion folks . The committee then would have to decide between Ohio State, Oklahoma , Georgia and Bama for the 4th spot should that be the only upset , so regardless someone is getting the shaft . Notre Dame is essentially the only one locked in for Sunday because they're undefeated, no more games .
    Normally, to me , at least , it's always worked itself out because there is not normally 8 teams who could even win it all .
    Hell , I didn't even want the playoffs , I thought the BCS put the right teams in that deserves the shot to play for the title . Also brought in the human factor , so it's shot all to shit now .
    So I'm sure a lot are not just rooting for Bama to lose because it's Bama but also to gain some momentum for expansion .
    But to all we know , this could be the year chaos reigns , blows this 4 team playoff all to hell . Guess we will see Saturday .

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    If Ohio state and OU Lose, it may depend on how bad Georgia loses. If UCF loses too I have no idea
    Guys, stop even considering UCF, they are not getting in even if they win by 60 with their backup QB. If Ohio State and OU both lose, committee would choose among two-loss Georgia, OU or Michigan. I would lean GA unless they get annihilated.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Slipknot26 View Post
    If Bama loses this weekend to Georgia , best case scenario for the 8 team expansion folks . The committee then would have to decide between Ohio State, Oklahoma , Georgia and Bama for the 4th spot should that be the only upset , so regardless someone is getting the shaft . Notre Dame is essentially the only one locked in for Sunday because they're undefeated, no more games .
    Normally, to me , at least , it's always worked itself out because there is not normally 8 teams who could even win it all .
    Hell , I didn't even want the playoffs , I thought the BCS put the right teams in that deserves the shot to play for the title . Also brought in the human factor , so it's shot all to shit now .
    So I'm sure a lot are not just rooting for Bama to lose because it's Bama but also to gain some momentum for expansion .
    But to all we know , this could be the year chaos reigns , blows this 4 team playoff all to hell . Guess we will see Saturday .
    If Bama loses to Georgia, the Playoff would be set and the rest of the championship games this weekend would be meaningless. I think Bama, Clemson and certainly ND are already in no matter what.

Slipknot26
    Slipknot26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1575

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    If Bama loses to Georgia, the Playoff would be set and the rest of the championship games this weekend would be meaningless. I think Bama, Clemson and certainly ND are already in no matter what.
    That's why I didn't want the playoffs ,the human factor , even me being a Bama fan , you can't continue to not win your conference , last year and then that would mean this year as well , yet keep going to the playoffs .
    At some point , it has to mean something or just stop playing these conference title games , play the Regular Season, get rid of conference title games and use as Round 1 of the Playoffs .
    And yes , I'm worried Georgia wins , think they have the best shot of anyone beating Bama .
    But Christ , if the committee is thinking the same as you , and they could be , this weekend is only for the money . To me , that's just craziness to think Bama can lose these later games and get in , they're truly meaningless, as you just stated .

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Slipknot26 View Post
    That's why I didn't want the playoffs ,the human factor , even me being a Bama fan , you can't continue to not win your conference , last year and then that would mean this year as well , yet keep going to the playoffs .
    At some point , it has to mean something or just stop playing these conference title games , play the Regular Season, get rid of conference title games and use as Round 1 of the Playoffs .
    And yes , I'm worried Georgia wins , think they have the best shot of anyone beating Bama .
    But Christ , if the committee is thinking the same as you , and they could be , this weekend is only for the money . To me , that's just craziness to think Bama can lose these later games and get in , they're truly meaningless, as you just stated .
    As it stands now, committee is instructed to select 4 BEST teams, and Alabama is clearly best team in country, even more so than last year. As long as 4 best teams is criteria, conference championships are not as important. I like the idea of 8-team playoff with auto bids to 5 power conference champions, 2 at-large and Group of 5 getting 8th seed.

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2879

Quote Originally Posted by ans61201 View Post
    Because the number one thing the committee has for a goal: get the 4 best teams in. ND won't win a championship either.

They're clearly a top 4 team. They'll get in regardless of the result, as they should.
    Not exactly true. They are most concerned about ratings. How you think Ohio State is still in the mix.

TonyPhizzle
    TonyPhizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 200

If Georgia loses no way they make playoffs right?

Wrongside

Quote Originally Posted by TonyPhizzle View Post
    If Georgia loses no way they make playoffs right?
    You would think, but I don’t think this it’s for certain.

Michigan was ranked higher than them last week. So if Georgia loses, what has changed is one team lost on a neutral field and Michigan lost at Ohio State. Both now have two losses.

I get it, Michigan messed up and their dreams are smashed (rightfully so), but in the case of an unlikely scenario such as this, they should be considered.

All things being close to equal, I say you let another conference in the mix, especially when these conferences hardly play any meaningful games outside of their own, and then one conference is deep, while another is very top heavy as was the case last year.

Wrongside

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Alabama could lose every game and still get in.
    Not that far off. This year they would have a better case than last year. In an imperfect system, which is what we have, I think losing your last game should nearly disqualify you

BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19273

Looks to me the SEC conference would like to see Bama take a dive to Georgia. How much extra money does the conference make with two teams in instead of one?

ans61201

Jesus this convo isn’t that complicated. Georgia loses they’re out.

It’s simple, Bama wins then it’s either okalahoma or Ohio state.

Bama loses it’s the 4 we have now. Don’t overthink.

The top 6 will make up of the final 4. And no don’t ruin this and expand to 8

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

First, there is NOT going to be a playoff expansion in the near future, no matter how much you clowns want it because the NCAA and ESPN do not care what you clowns want. Drop it. Next, if Georgia, Ohio State and Oklahoma all lose, Oklahoma is eliminated because that would be their 2nd loss to Texas. Ohio State is eliminated because they lost to the #21 team, Northwestern. All 2 loss teams are eliminated because one team would have 11 wins, compared to their 10 wins for all the others and that team is Georgia, who'se loss would come to the #1 team in the nation. So Georgia probably would get in.

mw00
    mw00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1724

arent you like a 60 yr old man...why the need to talk and insult people like that? you always sound so angry for a guy that's supposedly successful and set in his life.

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    First, there is NOT going to be a playoff expansion in the near future, no matter how much you clowns want it because the NCAA and ESPN do not care what you clowns want. Drop it. Next, if Georgia, Ohio State and Oklahoma all lose, Oklahoma is eliminated because that would be their 2nd loss to Texas. Ohio State is eliminated because they lost to the #21 team, Northwestern. All 2 loss teams are eliminated because one team would have 11 wins, compared to their 10 wins for all the others and that team is Georgia, who'se loss would come to the #1 team in the nation. So Georgia probably would get in.
    Disagree.......I think College Football realizes they've messed this up big time, and itll expand in the next year or 2. No one wants to watch Clemson play a Conference Championship as a 28 point favorite, or Alabama and Ohio St as 14 point favorites. Conference Championships don't carry tradition as they new in the last few years for the most part. There is wayyyyy more money to be made, and way more interest in seeing Bama/Wash, Clemson/UCF, ND/OSU and Georgia/Oklahoma in quarter final round then these garbage matchups no one will be watching this weekend.

123 Last