Frank Mills
    Frank Mills's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jimmy Butler

Philly lost tonight but he did good. He's got the coolest haircut

Outsider626
    Outsider626's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5178

Still great trade for Philly. Traded 2 average players for top 15 NBA player and without giving up Fultz. Elton did amazing job.

Frank Mills

I agree. The young GM from Duke making MJ moves

BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19297

You have to figure in his ability to ruin a team by being a ball hog and a big mouth. He can play but he is not coachable.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Phila blew game

up 16 4th qtr

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

Sixers will end up losing this trade - butler is a locker room cancer that’s not easy 2 play with -

JayandCaitti
    JayandCaitti's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 276

I liked Jimmy butler at one point . He won't last long he's on the same path as Derrick rose .

jjgold

Butler could be a cancer

We do not know yet

Losing follows him

ikid2groove415

Quote Originally Posted by JayandCaitti View Post
    I liked Jimmy butler at one point . He won't last long he's on the same path as Derrick rose .
    Rose problem was injuries - never heard anyone saying he’s a bad teammate -

ikid2groove415

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Butler could be a cancer

We do not know yet

Losing follows him
    Wake up JJ there’s a reason Chicago and Minnesota traded him -

jjgold

Grover your probably right

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 432

Derrick Rose was joking that since the trade Thibs has let up on some of his more “militant” ways. Mentioned that music was playing at practice since it was KAT’s birthday and KAT wanted music, so Thibs let the music play.

bjb7223
    bjb7223's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8997

dagger

jjgold

Blocked shot too at end

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Entering tonight, Jimmy Butler was 0-11 on game-tying or go-ahead shots in the final 10 seconds since the start of last season. That was the most misses without a make in the NBA.

Tonight, he wins it in his 3rd game with Philly.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

The Sixers don’t have long-term concerns about signing Jimmy Butler to a possible five-year contract, Keith Pompey of the Philadelphia Inquirer writes. Butler is set to turn 30 in September, currently playing in his eighth NBA season.

“No concern, because of the way he takes care of his body,” Sixers GM Elton Brand said, according to Pompey. “But, of course, there’s other things that would have to happen before you discuss those kind of things… like he has to opt out of his contract. So I don’t want to talk about that yet.”

For most NBA players, production levels begin to decrease as they turn the corner and reach age 30. There have been some outliers in this case during recent years, such as four-time MVP LeBron James, but teams usually give added thought before offering lucrative, long-term deals to players who are on the wrong side of 30.

Butler, who was acquired by the Sixers in a trade last November, is holding per-game averages of 18 points, 4.7 rebounds and one steal with the team this season. He can turn down a $19.8MM player option for the 2019/20 season to enter free agency this summer and seek a new deal.

The Sixers’ offer to Butler could be a five-year, $190MM maximum contract, which would help solidify the team’s “Big 3” of Butler, Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons for several seasons to come.

Frank Mills

that's a lot of money isn't it ?

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Rumors in philly are that they sign kemba walker next year as FA (pure PG who can shoot) and try and trade Simmons. Personally I like it. Boston set the ground work on how to defend Simmons. Can’t have a guard who is no threat to shoot and hits 60% from the line.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Philadelphia’s Jimmy Butler has aggressively challenged coach Brett Brown on All-Star’s role in 76ers offense, complicating an already-tenuous chemistry among team’s Big 3 hierarchy. Story on ESPN.

Ramona Shelburne

jjgold

Philly is much better when Butler does not score a lot

Why are all these ghetto players all about themselves and don’t care about winning

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Butler would prefer to play more traditional pick-and-roll and isolation sets, rather than trying to find his place in the Sixers’ free-flowing offense, Shelburne and Wojnarowski write. As he works through those concerns, Butler has met privately with Brown and his assistants, as well as GM Elton Brand, per ESPN’s report.

Sources tell the ESPN duo that Butler has been “vocal” in questioning Brown and his system, including a recent film session in Portland that some witnesses viewed as “disrespectful.” However, Brown has told people within the 76ers’ organization that he had no issues with that exchange and considered it within the confines of the relationship he has developed with his new All-NBA swingman. As for Butler, a source close to the 29-year-old points out to ESPN.com that his direct style of communication can come off as combative when he expresses an opinion.

Despite posting a 17-8 record since acquiring Butler, the Sixers have been slow to assimilate the former Timberwolf into their system and have yet to find the perfect on-court role for him alongside Embiid and Simmons, which has caused some concern about his “long-term viability and fit” with the franchise, league sources tell Shelburne and Wojnarowski. According to the ESPN duo, Brown had already dedicated significant time working on the relationship between Embiid and Simmons, and incorporating Butler as well has compounded those challenges.

Still, the Sixers remain focused on making things work in this season and beyond. Ownership and management is also still very fond of Brown, so there’s an urgency around the organization for the head coach and his staff to stabilize the situation and get everyone on the same page, according Shelburne and Woj.

ans61201
    ans61201's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4181

3 thoughts on this video:

1. Is this shooters BF?

2. How short is that rim? Who let these guys film at a kids playground?

3. A song with jimmy butler in the title talks about lebron the entire time 😂

clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Butler could be a cancer

We do not know yet

Losing follows him
    Spot on.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

After a report on Friday indicated that Jimmy Butler had “aggressively challenged” Sixers head coach Brett Brown over his role in Philadelphia’s offense, Brown downplayed the story over the weekend, telling the media that he didn’t believe Butler had crossed any lines. Speaking today to reporters, Butler conveyed a similar sentiment, as Paul Hudrick of NBC Sports Philadelphia relays.

“We’ve been talking damn near every day,” Butler said of his conversations with Brown. “Trying to figure everything out and how we can make everyone work. Not just for myself but for everybody. I’m telling you it’s a player and a coach conversation. I think that if you’ve followed me long enough, you know if I was being confrontational because I don’t think I could hide it very well.”

Friday’s report referenced a specific film session in which Butler’s questioning of Brown came off as “disrespectful,” according to some witnesses. While the 29-year-old acknowledged that he voiced his opinion during that film session, he framed it as an open, honest discussion about how to maximize the club’s offense.

“I think what the whole thing was, I would say with me being here a lot of things are different,” Butler said. “A lot of things that you used to run with the other personnel that was here — I’m a different player than [Robert Covington] and Dario [Saric]. That’s all I was saying, and then other guys had something else to say, but I think in the end it was a positive thing because everybody got what they needed to say out.”

Since the Butler story broke on Friday, some opposing general managers have called the 76ers to ask whether the All-NBA swingman might go back on the market before the February 7 trade deadline, a team source tells Yaron Weitzman of Bleacher Report. However, according to Weitzman, Philadelphia has firmly turned away any inquiries it has received on Butler, who was just acquired from the Timberwolves in November.

jjgold

He is a loser

It’s why nobody wants him

MrSink
    MrSink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4888

cancer ?!

Wolves looking better without him

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Cancer stick, he's a cigarette

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Quote Originally Posted by ikid2groove415 View Post
    Rose problem was injuries - never heard anyone saying he’s a bad teammate -
    Exactly lol, whats that guy talking about

BuckyOne

As long as they are winning it will not implode. The real Jimmy comes out during a losing streak.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

The Brooklyn Nets intend to pursue Jimmy Butler in free agency and those around the league seem to believe they have a shot to sign him, according to Brian Lewis of the New York Post.

Butler is considered one of the best and brightest among the “second tier” of top free agents — behind the likes of Leonard, Golden State’s Kevin Durant and Boston’s Kyrie Irving. While Butler can be a handful for coaches and his teammates, the Sixers are hopeful of bringing him back as part of a core that also includes Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons.

Meanwhile, the Nets have continued to show improvement behind a young nucleus D’Angelo Russell (a restricted free agent), Caris LeVert and Spencer Dinwiddie. Butler’s Sixers eliminated the Nets in the first round of the playoffs.

“Would the 76ers give Butler a max deal considering his age, the tread on his tires, his temperament and their desire to re-sign Tobias Harris?” Lewis wrote. “If they don’t (maybe even if they do) the Nets’ young core and surprising sixth-place finish in the East have impressed Butler and others.”

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Brooklyn's a joke, Butler will likely go to the Knicks or the LA market if he doesn't stay in Philly, he doesn't want to play with a bunch of kids.

BuckyOne

Butler has a big mouth! Ball hog and wants to shoot all of the end of clock shots.

jjgold

I wonder what sucker team
    Wants Butler?

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

The Philadelphia 76ers are preparing to offer a max deal to Jimmy Butler.

Philadelphia is the only team that can offer him 5 years $190M.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

The Houston Rockets have shown interest in Jimmy Butler. Butler and Harden have been talking 'tremendously' this offseason, as per: uStadium.

12 Last