DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

College Basketball - 2019 season opener preview

College Basketball - 2018-19 season opener preview

ONLY 4 WEEKS UNTIL TIP-OFF!

Tuesday November 6th college basketball season starts up again. Who’s hyped?!

Opening day headlined by Kansas-MSU and Duke-Kentucky in Indianapolis for the Champions Classic. I’ll be there, is anyone else going? Pregaming in downtown Indy, very nice clean walkable city with no open intox laws.

Transfers are the highlight of preseason rankings and analysis this year, with Kansas showing off the best frontcourt in the country made up of returning 7footer Udoka Azubuike and the Lawson twins who transferred from Memphis. Kentucky sports the top transfer in the nation in Reid Travis from Stanford, who gives the Wildcats some very rare senior leadership to compliment another round of top-notch freshmen talent.

Florida State hosts Florida, and the Gators will try to avenge their home loss to the Noles last year.

Temple and La Salle kick off a Big 5 competition on opening night.

Wofford hosts North Carolina, who they upset in Chapel Hill last year 79-75 behind Magee’s 27 points. Magee returns for his senior season at Wofford, while UNC welcomes back ACC POY favorite Luke Maye and ushers in Nassir Little who in my opinion may be the best freshman in the nation.

BYU - Nevada bring in the late night action, where Eric Musselman beefs up his resume before inevitably accepting a power 5 coaching job in the next year or two (come to MSU please!) The Wolf Pack will be a preseason top 25 team, and they’re loaded with six fifth-year seniors that all averaged 13 points per game or more in their last season. Loaded with transfers along with incoming 5-star McDonald’s All American frosh Jordan Brown, the Martin twins have a final four caliber team this season. Get used to hearing about Nevada basketball!
    Points Awarded:

ChuckyTheGoat gave DOM_Toretto 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

They got rid of the marathon.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    That fukkin sucks.

2daBank

Glad to hear Nevada has added some much needed depth! Their starting 5 is crazy good.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

McDonald’s all Americans mean nothing many turn into flops

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Favorite sport to watch. 2 hours and onto the next game. These 4+ hour baseball and football games get ridiculous.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Hows Kentucky look this year? Another season long work in progress and try to peak in march? Or do they have any dominant guys coming in?

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 131

Quote Originally Posted by krk1030 View Post
    Hows Kentucky look this year? Another season long work in progress and try to peak in march? Or do they have any dominant guys coming in?
    Same story as every year. 100 McDonald's all Americans being coached by a hamburger.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Same story as every year. 100 McDonald's all Americans being coached by a hamburger.
    Lol well this year they return 3 notable players from last year, plus a redshirt freshman, plus 4 freshmen studs, but the biggest impact will be Reid Travis who dominated the PAC12 and will make Kentucky good from the get go.

jjgold

Coach K is an actual underachiever if you go over his entire career and the talent he has had

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20364

Best sport to bet.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Coach K is an actual underachiever if you go over his entire career and the talent he has had
    Unreal. He a underachiever. Bron a loser. Tell us more oh bald one

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Wake me up in February
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 5mike5

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29066

Quote Originally Posted by big joe 1212 View Post
    Wake me up in February
    March for me

KRIT

My Dawgs are going to win the Pac-12.

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 287

Giving up on football season already Dommy?

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Quote Originally Posted by bonzaii View Post
    Giving up on football season already Dommy?
    Nah I’m not done with football!

I will admit though, that I’m in the red on football so far, while I’ve had 4 straight winning seasons in NCAAB.

Never too early to get ready for basketball.

ryanjep
    ryanjep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11243

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Does anyone have a link that states this is no longer a thing. The marathon usually isnt opening night.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Quote Originally Posted by ryanjep View Post
    Does anyone have a link that states this is no longer a thing. The marathon usually isnt opening night.
    I’ve looked at schedules and it’s not happening. The 24-hour marathon is typically the first Tuesday of the season. This year the opening day was moved to Tuesday, where they will have games tipping from 11am - 11pm but that’s about it.

However, as I listed above in post #1, there are actually big time matchups on opening day this year unlike previous years.

pet2150
    pet2150's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 429

Can wait! Lets go.

Enkhbat
    Enkhbat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26319

good luck this season DOM

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16012

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    Lol well this year they return 3 notable players from last year, plus a redshirt freshman, plus 4 freshmen studs, but the biggest impact will be Reid Travis who dominated the PAC12 and will make Kentucky good from the get go.
    This is the year for Kentucky but it seems like I've been saying that every year since 2012. They have everything you want from experience to talent to depth. The only question for me is did they fix their problems shooting the ball because last year I feel like that is ultimately what kept them from making the Final Four last season. Tyler Herro should help in that regard and of course the Cats get Baker back who was supposed to have a nice stroke. Its going to be a fun season and I'm looking forward to it.
    Last edited by jrgum3; 10-16-18 at 02:24 AM.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by jrgum3 View Post
    This is the year for Kentucky but it seems like I've been saying that every year since 2012. They have everything you want from experience to talent to depth. The only question for me is did they fix their problems shooting the ball because last year I feel like that is ultimately what kept them from making the Final Four last season. Tyler Herro should help in that regard and of course the Cats get Baker back who was supposed to have a nice stroke. Its going to be a fun season and I'm looking forward to it.
    Good luck to you squad JR. I am excited to see UNC. Roy, now that the investigation that lasted years is over, has landed some solid players and mixed in with what they had should be solid. Can't wait for the season to start. I love CBB and it doesn't matter what game it is. No better time of the year. I like football season but there is nothing better than CBB. LETS GO

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO

Thanks Unde I think it will be an exciting season I always look forward to college hoops season. Of course that first game for Kentucky is a doozy as Duke should be really good with the class they brought in but for once Duke is the team that lost a lot from last year. I think it might take them a few games to gel but with their talent they should be a tough test for Kentucky right out of the gate. Usually you get a couple of tuneup games before playing a big one like that but not this year.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by jrgum3 View Post
    Thanks Unde I think it will be an exciting season I always look forward to college hoops season. Of course that first game for Kentucky is a doozy as Duke should be really good with the class they brought in but for once Duke is the team that lost a lot from last year. I think it might take them a few games to gel but with their talent they should be a tough test for Kentucky right out of the gate. Usually you get a couple of tuneup games before playing a big one like that but not this year.
    I just think your coach is shit. He is the best CBB recruiter of all time but his coaching is terrible. He doesn't really develop anyone. They either get it or they don't. The guy is more about being on TV talking and not so much a coach. He often gets out coached in big games even when the other team has half the talent. With his recruiting I figured UK fans would be tired of being just another tournament team by now. ESPN loves the guy but seriously, how can you be the Nick Saban of CBB and have basically nothing to show for it?
    Last edited by unde0087; 10-16-18 at 05:13 AM.

castlegreyskull
    castlegreyskull's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3707

i dont know squat all about college football, but enough about college hoops to lay down a few ducats here and there every year.

jjgold

Every Saturday is March madness x10 it’s unbelievable

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Fukk them for the marathon flop

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    I just think your coach is shit. He is the best CBB recruiter of all time but his coaching is terrible. He doesn't really develop anyone. They either get it or they don't. The guy is more about being on TV talking and not so much a coach. He often gets out coached in big games even when the other team has half the talent. With his recruiting I figured UK fans would be tired of being just another tournament team by now. ESPN loves the guy but seriously, how can you be the Nick Saban of CBB and have basically nothing to show for it?
    4 Final Fours and a National Championship isn't easy to do at any school these days so I still like Cal. Sure he probably should have multiple National Titles but I can't complain because we're pretty spoiled as UK fans.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

I could see Kentucky winning the national championship this year...
    Of course they have elite talent with the incoming freshmen.
    They have the most balance they’ve had in years, with both true bigs and perimeter shooters.
    More importantly, they have the most experience since the championship team, with a mix of sophomores and a redshirt frosh who were top HS recruits plus a real senior leader in Travis.
    Most importantly, coach Cal said this team is bought-in already, something he said he couldn’t say about most of his recent teams.

Of course there’s other title contenders I could really see winning it like UNC, Nevada, Tennessee, Kansas, or maybe even Syracuse or Indiana.

Man I’m pumped for the season to start!

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Tenny is a problem

dammut man

sec is a problem overall

jjgold

You can’t win with John Calipari as your head coach you can eliminate them every year before the season starts

booya
    booya's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16623

Can't wait

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Only 1 week away!

KRIT

My Washington Huskies beat Nevada pretty easily last week in a scrimmage, and that was without their star big man Noah Dickerson. So excited to watch my Huskies this season.

12 Last