The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

I found this article interesting specifically for three reasons: the symptoms are very similar, the cases are in Minnesota and it says something about mosquito bites.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/10/07/hea...www.cnn.com%2F

I cant emphasize enough that it really doesnt matter which virus caused it and its a moot point now, the virus is long gone which ever one it was.

Still I found it interesting

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

Maybe I should rename... to rooms!!

Journal entry by Mindy McBride — 1 hour ago
    Good evening, #TeamAndy:

I want to share a couple updates with you. Today, Andy was moved out of the west wing and into the south wing... this is because he is completely off the ventilator!! Lynn was there to help make the move down the hallway.

Andy is also challenged with two infections, if you could say specific prayers to help heal his body and continue to make his muscles stronger. Andy was also very excited to tell me that he may get his trach removed on Friday or Monday!

Don't forget to get your #TeamAndy bracelets.

If you would like to send him a cheery note the new address is:

Bethesda Hospital
    559 N Capitol Blvd
    Room 510
    St Paul, MN 55103

rollie_t651
    rollie_t651's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5894

Keep Fighting, BigDay! #TeamAndy

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    I found this article interesting specifically for three reasons: the symptoms are very similar, the cases are in Minnesota and it says something about mosquito bites.

I cant emphasize enough that it really doesnt matter which virus caused it and its a moot point now, the virus is long gone which ever one it was.

My son picked up a mosquito borne virus called Ross River Fever many years ago. It wasn't until many years later I read about someone with that being affected in a similar way to Andy that I realized how lucky we were. I remember being sort of unsympathetic at the time at his on-going "laziness"

CappinTerp
    CappinTerp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Keep fighting Andy,prayers have been given and will continue.Get well ASAP....

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

What the update

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

Changes

Journal entry by Mindy McBride — Oct 13, 2018
    1 step forward and 2 steps back.

On Thursday night Andy had a spell where his oxygen dropped to 78, they had to bag him. Andy was able to explain the entire episode to me when I arrived after work. On Friday they put him on oxygen because he continued to have shortness of breathe. Last night they removed the cap, gave him his speaking valve and dome back. They also started meta-neb and neb treatments and completed a chest x-ray, which looked good. Through the weekend they want to keep him on the trach mask with low oxygen to help his lungs and re-evaluate on Monday. The pulmonologist stated she would not remove his trach for a while and that he is doing good, this is all normal with trach weaning. Of course this is not what Andy wanted to hear, time and strengthen are not moving fast enough in his mind (I totally get it!). I continue to remind him how well he is doing and how he is beating this. He had lots of smiles last night when I left even though he didn't want me to go. This man is amazing, I thank the Lord everyday for guiding him in this journey.

P.S. Week one back to work was great! I am so lucky to serve among such an amazing staff.

#TeamAndy
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JAKEPEAVY21

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

many thanks to rollie t, i'm enjoying a miller lite today #teamandy

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: rollie_t651, gauchojake, and Optional

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10874

Beautiful picture ^^

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    Beautiful picture ^^
    thanks, it was a really nice day today in florida along the beach,

rollie_t651

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    thanks, it was a really nice day today in florida along the beach,
    Great pic! Looks like it was an awesome day to have a cold brew for BigDay! Happy to send you the bracelet.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by BeerDog99 View Post
    Changes

Journal entry by Mindy McBride — Oct 13, 2018
    1 step forward and 2 steps back.

On Thursday night Andy had a spell where his oxygen dropped to 78, they had to bag him. Andy was able to explain the entire episode to me when I arrived after work. On Friday they put him on oxygen because he continued to have shortness of breathe. Last night they removed the cap, gave him his speaking valve and dome back. They also started meta-neb and neb treatments and completed a chest x-ray, which looked good. Through the weekend they want to keep him on the trach mask with low oxygen to help his lungs and re-evaluate on Monday. The pulmonologist stated she would not remove his trach for a while and that he is doing good, this is all normal with trach weaning. Of course this is not what Andy wanted to hear, time and strengthen are not moving fast enough in his mind (I totally get it!). I continue to remind him how well he is doing and how he is beating this. He had lots of smiles last night when I left even though he didn't want me to go. This man is amazing, I thank the Lord everyday for guiding him in this journey.

P.S. Week one back to work was great! I am so lucky to serve among such an amazing staff.

#TeamAndy
    I can imagine how Andy feels.

Still having set backs now after so many weeks must sap your positivity.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post

Just read another article, looks like over 60 people in 20 states have now acquired this rare disease, one of the causes: West Nile Virus.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/62-cases-a...201503285.html

BeerDog99

H3 D22

Journal entry by Mindy McBride — 28 minutes ago
    Updates-

On Saturday, our amazing neighborhood continued the McBride annual chili feed (year 6!) and turned it into a fundraiser. Again, I am so fortunate and grateful to have such amazing neighbors that look out for us! The same amazing neighbors have #TeamAndy shirts available for sale. If you are interested in purchasing please let me know ($20 each).

Sunday the entire family went up to see Andy. Yes, Maisie saw Andy for the first time in 52 days. Maisie was a little unsure of what to think, as most of you know, Maisie has Angelman Syndrome. It was great to see Maisie sign dad and point along with air hugs, she just didn't want to step in to give him a hug.

On Monday they were able to remove his oxygen in his trach mask again and begin capping his trach. He was given oxygen because of his episode that happened early Friday morning. Although this was a step backwards on Friday, Andy continues to fight and make steps forward. For example, Andy was in the chair again standing up with assistance. He went up and down multiple times and worked so hard and he left his room for the first time to attend PT!!! I asked him what he thought of the hallway and elevator... he gave me a big smile. Today (Tuesday) was a great day, he continues to make strides forward even with set backs last week.

Points Awarded:

ChuckyTheGoat gave BeerDog99 3 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Optional

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

This sucks when I read Bigday struggling like this

This kid going though hell and unfair

I do not know what to think about his progress so far, I guess he is gradually making progress

Common Bigday lets get home and make some vids
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ChuckyTheGoat, IAG, and beavis13

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Missing you brother

jose21_us
    The Miami Connection
    jose21_us's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11236

Any updates?

jjgold

I do not see any updates

rollie_t651

Last i saw/heard his Trach has been removed. Keep fighting BiGDay!

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by rollie_t651 View Post
    Last i saw/heard his Trach has been removed. Keep fighting BiGDay!
    Thanks Rollie.

jjgold

Bigday come home

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11977

Chicka did indicate she would update less frequently, about once a week. Look forward to each and everyone. But it's good she's finding time to work and spend time with her girls. Bigday's a guy that would never want her to stop living her life because of himself. Just wonderful people through and through.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: rollie_t651

Poker_Beast
    Poker_Beast's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17903

Keep fighting and improving!!!!

rollie_t651

New Caring Bridge Update!

I spoke to Mindy just now too. Andy keeps fighting and keeps doing his therapy. He’s doing awesome. Keep fighting BigDay! #TeamAndy

On a side note, I’ve been asked to help Mindy’s mother figure out the Directv and tv settings. I said I would be happy to help! Helping anyway I can!
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave rollie_t651 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

MikeTizzy
    Update your status
    MikeTizzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

what has been the diagnosis on BigDay Andy anyways??

jjgold

will he be home for Christmas???

bobbyfk
    Las Vegas Local
    bobbyfk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

Wow! I really haven't been reading the forum much and just read this. prayers go out to him and his family. He's a good guy.

Sam I tried to send you points through the original post and it's saying that you are not eligible to receive points or I do not have enough? I tried to send you all of mine.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

BIGDAY Fighting the tough battle and winning, setbacks and all!!

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    For cash donations you can use the link below:

https://www.gofundme.com/the-mcbride-family

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Kvb

hope me you’re doing ok

cheers

downtown2222
    downtown2222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 162

get well soon....any timetable on a full recovery?

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

Get better quick need ya back

BeerDog99

H4 D4

Journal entry by Mindy McBride — 11 hours ago
    Yes, you read that correctly... Andy has already spent 4 days at Regions Acute Rehab and already making great gains! Please feel free to send him some happy mail.

Regions Hospital
    Andrew McBride
    Room #C5218
    640 Jackson Street
    St. Paul, MN 5510

Well as I previously stated, a lot has happened in a short amount of time. I guess that is to expect with 3+hours of therapy a day. When we arrived on Friday in the 10am hour he still had OT and PT! Over the weekend he met with the 'weekend crew' and then his 'regular crew' today. I will say that on Saturday, Andy had his first shower since August 23rd!!! He complained of the transition and the akwardness and of course my reply was... YEAH but you got to sit under running water, your body hasn't seen that in months, it had to felt great (long pause with a smile). Of course, I got the look of damn it woman why is it that you always find the positive in things, followed by a huge smirk. On Sunday he was typing on a computer (see picture below) and on a standing frame. Today he was delivered a lunch and a dinner, yeah for puree food!

Needless to say we are already in our 2nd room at Regions, hence in the delay of giving you the address AND we have started the hard work journey and the removal of stating "I can't" we are living in the McBride's don't quit and #TeamAndy. I know this weekend was hard on Andy because it was the first time in years (19, I believe) that he didn't go to Goose Fest in Kenmare, ND to hunt with his family. You know secretly I was so excited they didn't win, I was utterly afraid of telling Andy that they won and seeing the disappointment on his face that he wasn't there for the amazing hunt. It was way easier telling him they didn't shoot a single bird in the hunt and telling him it was because he wasn't there to guide them. It was just a better ego boost for him

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6470

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by BeerDog99 View Post
    Hmmm. What's going on here then...
    Points Awarded:

gauchojake gave Optional 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: sweep

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Big day

love ya man

#Strength

First ... 20212223242526 Last