Originally posted on 10/16/2018:

H3 D22

Journal entry by Mindy McBride — 28 minutes ago
Updates-

On Saturday, our amazing neighborhood continued the McBride annual chili feed (year 6!) and turned it into a fundraiser. Again, I am so fortunate and grateful to have such amazing neighbors that look out for us! The same amazing neighbors have #TeamAndy shirts available for sale. If you are interested in purchasing please let me know ($20 each).

Sunday the entire family went up to see Andy. Yes, Maisie saw Andy for the first time in 52 days. Maisie was a little unsure of what to think, as most of you know, Maisie has Angelman Syndrome. It was great to see Maisie sign dad and point along with air hugs, she just didn't want to step in to give him a hug.

On Monday they were able to remove his oxygen in his trach mask again and begin capping his trach. He was given oxygen because of his episode that happened early Friday morning. Although this was a step backwards on Friday, Andy continues to fight and make steps forward. For example, Andy was in the chair again standing up with assistance. He went up and down multiple times and worked so hard and he left his room for the first time to attend PT!!! I asked him what he thought of the hallway and elevator... he gave me a big smile. Today (Tuesday) was a great day, he continues to make strides forward even with set backs last week.