reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

Not the customer fault books got a shitty software morons !! Anyone that side with 5dimes is a complete MORON- you put out bad lines and it gets bang on? It’s the books fault not customer - shouldn’t be in buisness if your can’t put out correct lines -

qwertvt
    qwertvt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

What was the line on the other team?

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.
    semibluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18989

It's really easy to post the line for 1 game into another game by mistake, especially when you're covering a lot of games. It's easy to click 9 instead of 0 or 'e' instead of 'r'. Hard to believe people think they should be paid handsomely for what is essentially spotting a typo...but they do.

ikid2groove415

Quote Originally Posted by semibluff View Post
    It's really easy to post the line for 1 game into another game by mistake, especially when you're covering a lot of games. It's easy to click 9 instead of 0 or 'e' instead of 'r'. Hard to believe people think they should be paid handsomely for what is essentially spotting a typo...but they do.
    When you make a wrong bet? And call books too ask if you can cancel it 99.9 % of the time they would said no - so if they put out a bad line and it gets fck ? It’s there fault - don’t be morons - this fckers never let u cancel bet

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 549

Tony is a prick, he took a freeplay I won in the porker room away from me because he said I hadn't deposited recently enough. I still had a small amount of money in my account.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29090

Quote Originally Posted by EmpireMaker View Post
    Tony is a prick, he took a freeplay I won in the porker room away from me because he said I hadn't deposited recently enough. I still had a small amount of money in my account.
    Now thats just a dick move

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

just noticed you took them up 5-0 getting 1.5 i mean dude lol thats bad. cant blame tony nation

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

I'm curious, you said you make a lot of wagers. On this particular one, did you bet your normal units worth, or did you make it a little higher?

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    What i dont get is....ok you clicked it fast as soon as it opened and maybe wanted to get the bet in before it closed, thats understandable but after you clicked it you must of seen "oh shit it says mariners +1.5". Why not just contact them at that point and explain what happened? Thats where your story just doesnt add up. You waited to see if something was going to happen instead of just immediately fixing the issue.
    They cancelled the bet before the bottom of the 5th inning was even over. It was only a valid bet for maybe 2 minutes, and that was it. And the Yankees scored 2 runs to make it 5-2 at that point but the bet had already been cancelled.

I don't get the mentality that "5d doesn't want to have to scan thru everyone's bets to see if someone made a bad bet line...so because of that we'll just get rid of anyone that we think is "taking shots" for future purposes". I'm not privy to how their operation works, but I could almost guarantee that they don't have to invalidate each individual bet made on a line per account. They can simply cancel that particular line, and everyone that bet it automatically has their bet cancelled no matter how much was bet, and I only bet $300 to win $250.

Given that they have a board up constantly, to show the lines that they've put out and the action on either side - it would be nearly impossible for them to let a bad line maintain itself and actually pay out on it. In this case, the game was in the 5th inning. They had 2 hours to catch it (before the game ended), and they caught it in 2 minutes.

So when JJ or whoever is like "who knows how many other bad lines you've won"...yeah bullshit. It'd be great if they did, but they have millions of $$$$s being bet on each live line probably (given the amount of players that play there), so they'll catch something that is wrong and invalidate it automatically for everyone.

Like someone said earlier. If Vegas prints out a ticket, they pay that ticket. 5d..they don't, and even after they don't they tell you to get lost. Their perogative. As Herbie said, they aren't gonna let experienced players who try to beat them play there.

ikid2groove415

Like I said? Don’t be in business if your putting out bad lines? And once you put out bad lines and it gets fck? Pay up bitches!!

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    I’m gonna go with starting a thread acting as if he did nothing wrong and was somehow treated unfairly as crying. I don’t give 2 fukks bout him or your definition of the word.
    I'm not crying about anything. I already signed up for Bovada, with a 50% bonus, and their live software offers slightly better lines than 5d does. So I'm fine. This is not a problem for me. I just made the thread because I found Tony's chat log fairly funny.

I've acknowledged that it's his business, and it's not my right to play there. He can boot anyone for any reason. Fine. The only thing I don't understand is the thinking that they are losing so much money on "shots takens". They aren't. And I didn't do anything wrong. They put out a line - that actually ended up LOSING...and I bet it. I've seen trap lines before that seem too good to be true and maybe it's a trap. This one turned out to be, but 5d looks at is as shot taking. Shot taking that freaking loses lol. Shot taking on a team that is +200 pregame, facing the best team in baseball. It's not like that line had a 100% chance of winning.

I just want players here to know what they are dealing with at 5d, no matter how long they been betting there. I read a story on here a few years ago where someone was saying that they were betting live, and bet a wrong line, and they got the same message to speak to Tony and Tony was like "If you keep taking shots, i'm gonna boot your ass".

Tony looks at it as stealing. Stealing would be betting on a game that the outcome is already known or over. This game was far from known. And it's not stealing when the company is offering it to me. I didn't make them put out a line that was bad.

bhoor
    bhoor's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3704

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    They cancelled the bet before the bottom of the 5th inning was even over. It was only a valid bet for maybe 2 minutes, and that was it. And the Yankees scored 2 runs to make it 5-2 at that point but the bet had already been cancelled.

I don't get the mentality that "5d doesn't want to have to scan thru everyone's bets to see if someone made a bad bet line...so because of that we'll just get rid of anyone that we think is "taking shots" for future purposes". I'm not privy to how their operation works, but I could almost guarantee that they don't have to invalidate each individual bet made on a line per account. They can simply cancel that particular line, and everyone that bet it automatically has their bet cancelled no matter how much was bet, and I only bet $300 to win $250.

Given that they have a board up constantly, to show the lines that they've put out and the action on either side - it would be nearly impossible for them to let a bad line maintain itself and actually pay out on it. In this case, the game was in the 5th inning. They had 2 hours to catch it (before the game ended), and they caught it in 2 minutes.

So when JJ or whoever is like "who knows how many other bad lines you've won"...yeah bullshit. It'd be great if they did, but they have millions of $$$$s being bet on each live line probably (given the amount of players that play there), so they'll catch something that is wrong and invalidate it automatically for everyone.

Like someone said earlier. If Vegas prints out a ticket, they pay that ticket. 5d..they don't, and even after they don't they tell you to get lost. Their perogative. As Herbie said, they aren't gonna let experienced players who try to beat them play there.
    Thanks for letting us know your story. I will never open an account with 5dimes. The books - Pinny and BM - I use are really good ones.

ans61201
    ans61201's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4181

Amazing this book is an A, but even more amazing how many “pros” on this site bet there. It’s acrually a running joke with quite a few guys in Vegas.

ans61201
    ans61201's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4181

I'm not crying about anything. I already signed up for Bovada, with a 50% bonus, and their live software offers slightly better lines than 5d does. So I'm fine. This is not a problem for me. I just made the thread because I found Tony's chat log fairly funny.

I've acknowledged that it's his business, and it's not my right to play there. He can boot anyone for any reason. Fine. The only thing I don't understand is the thinking that they are losing so much money on "shots takens". They aren't. And I didn't do anything wrong. They put out a line - that actually ended up LOSING...and I bet it. I've seen trap lines before that seem too good to be true and maybe it's a trap. This one turned out to be, but 5d looks at is as shot taking. Shot taking that freaking loses lol. Shot taking on a team that is +200 pregame, facing the best team in baseball. It's not like that line had a 100% chance of winning.

I just want players here to know what they are dealing with at 5d, no matter how long they been betting there. I read a story on here a few years ago where someone was saying that they were betting live, and bet a wrong line, and they got the same message to speak to Tony and Tony was like "If you keep taking shots, i'm gonna boot your ass".

Tony looks at it as stealing. Stealing would be betting on a game that the outcome is already known or over. This game was far from known. And it's not stealing when the company is offering it to me. I didn't make them put out a line that was bad.
    Couple points of note.

I don’t know how someone like tony is in business. Just shows how low the average iq of online bettors are to put up with nonsense like that while risking their money lol

Bovada is great. Although One of the quicker ones to limit winners in my experience.

I will say regardless, this dude is a prick. However you did try to play dumb a bit with the pick. “I didn’t know it was a bad line in 2 seconds” if you knew the score, and bet that often you know in no case would any team be up 5-0 and be a 1.5 underdog. So you had a couple replies in the chat that came across as playing dumb, still bad business.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

good lucks at bovada hope u last a week they dont like anybody over 50 dollar wagers amd saying bovada lines are better than 5dimes is laughable, 5dimes will offer ml for any game bovada back in day would not have ml on games over a certain spread

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19605

Tony is a piece of shit but Bovada is worse; you won't be there long.

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

Guy is doing you a favor, guaranteed you are down lifetime at 5dimes

Thank that jagoff tony and learn how to win rook

Slipknot26
    Slipknot26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1575

One book I'm never used , I have 3 that I use daily but not 5D .
    It's not the gamblers fault a book can't get their shit together . If you find an edge , you bet it .
    Had Furyk earlier this year in a Tourney , local was T5 @3.6k , I have 3 locals as backups , online max was T5 @1.2k , who I am suppose to take ?
    BTW , he came in 6th , -1 off 5th but it's common sense who a gambler should take .
    Which was the bad line ? Online or one of my local outs regardless of results ?
    Fukk'em all whining about you taking a shot because they're trash at posting "bad" lines .

ikid2groove415

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Boy View Post
    Guy is doing you a favor, guaranteed you are down lifetime at 5dimes

Thank that jagoff tony and learn how to win rook
    It’s customer fault books put out bad lines? LOL-LOL-LOL- don’t have live play or upgrade your software case closed - 5 dimes is at fault here !!!

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Offshore has no chance to survive

You guys remember how at state lines when the lottery was huge, every person would cross to get numbers in...lines out the fukkin door

Well its what's going to happen with sports betting...super bowl, ncaa finals, etc etc.

Cash in your book balances before too many states legalize it and betpoints now bc price is going up

JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3703

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post

You guys remember how at state lines when the lottery was huge, every person would cross to get numbers in...lines out the fukkin door

Well its what's going to happen with sports betting...super bowl, ncaa finals, etc etc.

Cash in your book balances before too many states legalize it and betpoints now bc price is going up
    I'm not replying so you can throw random insults at me for no reason. I'm replying because I'm curious... isn't competition generally good for the consumer? Doesn't competition usually bring prices DOWN? What makes you think the prices will go up? If legal states can't provide better prices than what is currently offshore I don't see any way that offshore books go out of business. They'll only go out of business if the legal states can AT LEAST match their prices. I may have overlooked something... please tell me what I am overlooking.

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Fuk them go to bookmaker

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.
    semibluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18989

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt2341 View Post
    I'm not replying so you can throw random insults at me for no reason. I'm replying because I'm curious... isn't competition generally good for the consumer? Doesn't competition usually bring prices DOWN? What makes you think the prices will go up? If legal states can't provide better prices than what is currently offshore I don't see any way that offshore books go out of business. They'll only go out of business if the legal states can AT LEAST match their prices. I may have overlooked something... please tell me what I am overlooking.
    Overheads will be higher in the US and regulations will be tighter. It's hard to see US operators matching offshore odds.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Overheads will be higher in the US and regulations will be tighter. It's hard to see US operators matching offshore odds.
    Paddy and Will Hill set the pace, MGM and company will try to follow. As more US markets open, they will probably serve to tighten the pricing.

We'll see, it's a cross between competition and profit.

Sports could could get ugly for a few years, if they aren't already.

RudyRuetigger

1. this isnt burger king vs mcdonalds. 1 is legal 1 is illegal

2. moonshine does not come close to competing with alcohol at liquor stores. why? as you would say competition is better even if 1 is underground. im sure captain morgans isnt worried about the price of the local moonshine though

3. sbr relies on illegal books making profits from usa. as those books dry up, they will take in less and therefore sbr will get paid less. when they get paid less, your pizza will cost 2000 points not 420

seems pretty simple. someone as great as you at problem solving shouldve known this.

JohnGalt2341

I think there is a decent chance that you are correct about this. Which would mean that offshore books would stay in business because they will continue to have the best prices. Basically my question for Rudy was... show me the scenario where prices will go up. If the states have worse prices... the offshore books will continue to exist. If the states have better prices... the prices will be better. I don't see any scenario where the prices get worse.

RudyRuetigger

I think there is a decent chance that you are correct about this. Which would mean that offshore books would stay in business because they will continue to have the best prices. Basically my question for Rudy was... show me the scenario where prices will go up. If the states have worse prices... the offshore books will continue to exist. If the states have better prices... the prices will be better. I don't see any scenario where the prices get worse.
    i said cash in your betpoints because that will go up.....the prices in the store

read better bro

JohnGalt2341

1. this isnt burger king vs mcdonalds. 1 is legal 1 is illegal

2. moonshine does not come close to competing with alcohol at liquor stores. why? as you would say competition is better even if 1 is underground. im sure captain morgans isnt worried about the price of the local moonshine though

3. sbr relies on illegal books making profits from usa. as those books dry up, they will take in less and therefore sbr will get paid less. when they get paid less, your pizza will cost 2000 points not 420

seems pretty simple. someone as great as you at problem solving shouldve known this.
    I don't agree with your analogies for a few reasons. #1 People can bet offshore from the comfort of their own home. Moonshine... even if it's cheaper than alcohol... it's still not going to be as convenient as liquor stores or offshore books are to the consumer. The books aren't going to dry up unless the states are offering better prices.

Your theory is that the books will dry up AND the legal states will offer WORSE prices? I think the chances of this happening are almost non-existent. We'll see I suppose...

JohnGalt2341

So you're talking about the SBR Book only here?

JohnGalt2341

i said cash in your betpoints because that will go up.....the prices in the store

read better bro
    I'm a moron... you're a genius... everyone here knows that.

RudyRuetigger

would you like to make a points wager that the prices in the store will go up due to less playing offshore and therefore sbr makes less from books

and some C/B books will go under due to the squares leaving while the sharps stay for the best price

basically common sense. i expect offshore C and B books to make 1 last push for this fall

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by reigle9 View Post
    i thought you were black

daniel is a pale white guy with red hair name
    Lmao, bro we been thru this a number of times. I am in fact white!! Dunno wtf makes you say Daniel is a ginger name tho? No ginger here! and while naturally pale-ish (polish, lol) I sport a pretty good tan in the summer time!!
    Last edited by 2daBank; 06-23-18 at 03:29 PM.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Banker, MoPrawns, and I are black.

I thought everyone knew that.

Points Awarded:

2daBank gave KVB 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I don't agree with your analogies for a few reasons. #1 People can bet offshore from the comfort of their own home. Moonshine... even if it's cheaper than alcohol... it's still not going to be as convenient as liquor stores or offshore books are to the consumer. The books aren't going to dry up unless the states are offering better prices.

Your theory is that the books will dry up AND the legal states will offer WORSE prices? I think the chances of this happening are almost non-existent. We'll see I suppose...

Offshore sportsbooks do not need a dime of usa post up money and make millions
    They do not want $10 players anyway no profit

Most books want $100 or more players and those will never leave because of massive low juice saving vs vegas or any other legal shop

First ... 23456 Last