lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

If James wins the finals he is greatest ever.

No debate. If he loses he is just James the guy who is the king of losing.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: aireent777

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Everyone knows they dont stand a chance against Warriors

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
    Everyone knows they dont stand a chance against Warriors
    We also know you are on the warriors to win the West. That means he might win the title

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6898

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    if he wins the finals he will end up 2-3 in his cavalier finals runs cause they won't be back

2 and 3, his # in CLE and MJ's #

4 and 5 overall in finals... MJ wore 45 jersey

he is always compared to MJ

weird sht

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24938

This is just Lakerboy's thinly veiled attempt to undermine the GOAT once again, acting like Lebron absolutely has to pull off the impossible versus the Warriors (presumably) or else all his previous assertions that Lebron is a bum hold true.

It's a complete straw man argument, as Lebron is shouldering a band of misfits that would probably struggle in a summer league without his presence, meanwhile Golden State is rolling out a squad that could probably win Olympic gold.

Lebron is playing with house money at this point and his legacy won't be diminished in these Finals regardless of the outcome. #Facts

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    This is just Lakerboy's thinly veiled attempt to undermine the GOAT once again, acting like Lebron absolutely has to pull off the impossible versus the Warriors (presumably) or else all his previous assertions that Lebron is a bum hold true.

It's a complete straw man argument, as Lebron is shouldering a band of misfits that would probably struggle in a summer league without his presence, meanwhile Golden State is rolling out a squad that could probably win Olympic gold.

Lebron is playing with house money at this point and his legacy won't be diminished in these Finals regardless of the outcome. #Facts
    Warriors are 5-4 in last 9 games

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Alright bedtime laker

Eddy Munny

Warriors are 5-4 in last 9 games
    And? They dropped one meaningless game to the Spurs and three to the Rockets, who, if you've been paying any attention whatsoever, are a pretty stacked squad themselves when healthy.

guitarjosh
    guitarjosh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9448

If Curry and Thompson get hurt and the Cavs win would he be considered GOAT?

CHOICE
    CHOICE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2763

Call me crazy, but Cleveland's depth is being underrated here. They may not have top end talent.. but they have enough quality players, where different guys will step up every night and you will find the hot hand. Lebron obviously makes everyone so much better, but their role players made the shots tonight when the chips were down. Cavs always have different players stepping up every night. They also can play defense. TT is playing at a very high level. This Cleveland team is better than it was last year.. they miss shots, alot of them.. but they continue to grind. They dig in when they have to.

You can see Lebron constantly maturing as a leader.. especially this year. He is playing at the highest level of his career, and deserves all the credit in the world. He is the most dominant athlete in pro sports.. BUT this Cavs group is not as bad as everyone believes. They are a blue collar group.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He is the greatest ever

We now in the media having people saying in and they were haters

Shafted69
    Green Shoots 2021
    Shafted69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1693

Rodney Hood will have a break out series in the Finals and carry LeBrick to the title.

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

they need kevin love or theyre toast

dmncnlou
    dmncnlou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9993

Lol. Any fool knows Houston is gonna win tonight and then he will beat Houston. I said this weeks ago. The league is determined to get this guy a title.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3365

Quote Originally Posted by dmncnlou View Post
    Lol. Any fool knows Houston is gonna win tonight and then he will beat Houston. I said this weeks ago. The league is determined to get this guy a title.
    Why? James has 3 titles. Those who think this is fixed need to get off the pipe. State wins tonight. State over James and crew in 6.

ChiLLx
    ChiLLx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9184

Could happen if rockets win tonight without Chris paul

ChiLLx
    ChiLLx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9184

ESPN fat guy propaganda by Windhorst is already out pushing Lebron's GOAT status: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...es-appreciated

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

LeBron is already the best basketball player ever. MJ is the best winner/champion of all time.

If LeBron wins this year tho - and he will - then a lot more people will accept him as the GOAT.
    Points Awarded:

cwnotorious gave DOM_Toretto 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

El Terrible
    El Terrible's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 27

Before I was kicked out of Chicago in 93, I had season tickets for Bulls games and have always said Jordan was the GOAT- On a tuesday night in Febuary in a meaningless game vs a crap team..He'd dunk it, and then block it on the other side. He played harder than Lebron and made everyone on the team play hard on every play, but

I'm starting to entertain the possibility that Lebron might be better because he's dragging crap teams deep into playoffs every year. Never thought I'd say it. Winning two games ve GS would be amazing

djpremier36
    djpremier36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3398

Cut this greatest of all time shit please!!!

Jordan played in a stacked eastern conference unlike James.

Jordan went through the likes of hall of famers like Miller, Ewing, Thomas, etc year in year out to get to the finals.

James has gone through who? George, Rose, Derozan, etc lmao

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13182

LeBron is the G.O.A.T. of his era.
    MJ is the G.O.A.T. of his......
    When LeBron wraps up his career, then he might get the G.O.A.T. of all time.
    Of course, LeBron hasn't been accused of Gambling, leaving for a year, and then coming back, strangely enough. Hmmmmmm.......

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

James is much much stronger than Jordan that is the difference

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

He has no chance of winning this finals.
    I'm taking warriors big.
    He barely won 2 years ago, and that was with Irving, and the Warriors didn't have Durant. Last year he got smoked with Irving. Love looks like a 6th man guy right now.
    Don't know the line of the finals series, but if it is under -1000, i'm going huge on the Warriors.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    He has no chance of winning this finals.
    I'm taking warriors big.
    He barely won 2 years ago, and that was with Irving, and the Warriors didn't have Durant. Last year he got smoked with Irving. Love looks like a 6th man guy right now.
    Don't know the line of the finals series, but if it is under -1000, i'm going huge on the Warriors.
    It's only -700.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

I would agree with that.

James saved his legacy by going back to Cleveland and winning.

Right now #2 of all time.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

If LBJ beats the Warriors in the finals, he’s the GOAT

But if the Rockets beat the Warriors, and LBJ beats the Rockets then there is an astericks because he didnt beat the beat team in the nba

Thats what is being said

Insane

LBJ has been to 9 finals and has 3 rings. His own success has fueled his haters

Lebron stands alone

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    Alright bedtime laker

eddiedr07
    eddiedr07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

Doesn’t goat mean all time? So 2011 doesn’t exist? Does the same heat team replacing MJ instead of Lebron lose? Would Jordan be scared of JJ barerra or be stoped by Jason Kidd’s defense when Kidd was 38? Would it take MJ 7 games to beat 2 rookies and Hortford replacing Lebron with him? The shot kyrie made to score on warriors after several minutes of scoring droughts to win?would there be scoring droughts if MJ was there? On the time out before he passed go Kerr, MJ said they’re doubling me high when it comes be ready I’m passing it to you, Kerr said he would be. It came it happend is that the same basketball IQ THAT LEbron had when he missed a 3 Pointers, turned the ball over missed another 3, bosh gets the rebound, sees Lebron wanting the ball AGAIN, sees ray Allen and passes to him instead for one of the clutchest and saving Lebron shots ever?

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Nobody was ever better than Lebron.
    Lebron has done things MJ would have never done alone.
    Points Awarded:

Buckeye gave Snowball 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8490

I think its a given that he already is the greatest to have ever played the game. Eight straight NBA finals! Come on.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    I think its a given that he already is the greatest to have ever played the game. Eight straight NBA finals! Come on.
    He is very lucky he isn’t 1-7.

Spurs couldn’t hit free throws and Ray Allen hit a shot. Then Warriors choked a 3-1 lead and Kyrie hit a shit.
    Last edited by BigDofBA; 05-28-18 at 06:19 PM.

titanium777
    titanium777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3910

Give some respect to the old timers. Is LBJ even better than Kareem, Bird, Magic, Kobe?
    Lbj literally just beats up on East teams then has a losing finals record. It just shows how bad the East is.

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post

Spurs couldn’t hit free throws and Ray Allen hit a shot. Then Warriors choked a 3-1 lead and Kyrie hit a shit.
    That's a garbage argument... The whole idea of a series, as opposed to a single game elimination format like March Madness, is that it gives each team a larger window of opportunity by which to exert their superiority. Therefore if (Team A) has an off shooting night or an uncharacteristic number of turnovers, or happen to be on the short end of any kind of fluke scenario that lead to defeat, they have a chance to make adjustments, right the ship, and fight their way back.

In other words there are no excuses because Cleveland had to win four games, not one. I mean how long would a series have to be drawn out for you to feel satisfied that the Cavs earned the title over the Spurs/Warriors?

Nine?

Eleven?

Seventeen?

Thirty-three? Is that the magic number? If Cleveland won 32 games to the Spurs 31 in a best of 33, would that suffice?

And so what if Ray Allen and Kyrie hit key shots at the end of the game? Does that negate what happened in the first 47+ minutes? Would it be fair to say that Lebron played a pretty big part in putting Cleveland in position at the end of those games by which a single made shot would secure the win?
    Last edited by Eddy Munny; 05-28-18 at 06:50 PM.

Buckeye
    Buckeye's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9997

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post

Yeah he is so lucky to make 8 straight finals that is nonsense. Jordan would not had led this team to the finals in this era I’m sorry you are ridiculous! Not saying the East is any good but give him credit. This was his toughest route for sure!

BigDofBA

So is Jim Kelly the greatest QB of all-time? He went to four straight Super Bowls.

I rank Lebron #2 all-time. I’m sorry if that hurts peoples feelings.

The East has been horrible. Most years 4 of the top 5 teams are from the West. Considering Lebron had teamed up with all-stars, he should have been dominating that weak conference.

Jordan won every Finals he played he and if he had not retired he probably would have won 8 straight.

Winning 6 out of 8 years (Jordan) is way more impressive than joining up with all-stars and losing 6 of 9 imo.

It doesn’t matter. I give Lebron props and say he is #2 all time and some of you fanboys get butthurt.
    Last edited by BigDofBA; 05-28-18 at 07:15 PM.

123 Last