The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Clearly Jim Kelly is the greatest QB ever. He went to 4 straight and he played in Buffalo of all places

Imagine if he played for the Cowboys, he would’ve been to 13 straight and had over 500,000 yards passing, 2500 TD’s and maybe one Interception

cwnotorious
    cwnotorious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10757

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    So is Jim Kelly the greatest QB of all-time? He went to four straight Super Bowls.

I rank Lebron #2 all-time. I’m sorry if that hurts peoples feelings.

The East has been horrible. Most years 4 of the top 5 teams are from the West. Considering Lebron had teamed up with all-stars, he should have been dominating that weak conference.

Jordan won every Finals he played he and if he had not retired he probably would have won 8 straight.

Winning 6 out of 8 years (Jordan) is way more impressive than joining up with all-stars and losing 6 of 9 imo.

It doesn’t matter. I give Lebron props and say he is #2 all time and some of you fanboys get butthurt.
    BD I am a LeBron fan and I can live with that assessment, also the east hasn't always been trash LeBron had to claw his way past a deadly championship Celtics team, a good detroit pistons squad. The last couple years yes the east has sunk to new lows

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

So is Jim Kelly the greatest QB of all-time? He went to four straight Super Bowls.

I rank Lebron #2 all-time. I’m sorry if that hurts peoples feelings.

The East has been horrible. Most years 4 of the top 5 teams are from the West. Considering Lebron had teamed up with all-stars, he should have been dominating that weak conference.

Jordan won every Finals he played he and if he had not retired he probably would have won 8 straight.

Winning 6 out of 8 years (Jordan) is way more impressive than joining up with all-stars and losing 6 of 9 imo.

It doesn’t matter. I give Lebron props and say he is #2 all time and some of you fanboys get butthurt.
    Isn't that what he did when he came back to basketball? He came back to a winning team that had all-stars.

cwnotorious

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Clearly Jim Kelly is the greatest QB ever. He went to 4 straight and he played in Buffalo of all places

Imagine if he played for the Cowboys, he would’ve been to 13 straight and had over 500,000 yards passing, 2500 TD’s and maybe one Interception
    Kraks i think that most people have finally caught up to the fact you have to put lbj in the top 3, anyone that thinks otherwise just hates the guy straight up and that clouds the ranking.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

y are we only comparing him to MJ is he as good as Kareem or Wilt was. better than hakeem who had a million moves, could score at will and very good defensively? why doesnt anyone compare him to centers or whatever if we're talking best ever. people forget about all those great players? with that said he's somewhere in the top 20 though I imagine hehe.
    Last edited by jtoler; 05-28-18 at 07:58 PM.

Shafted69
    Green Shoots 2021
    Shafted69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1693

Rodney Hood will win the Finals MVP. LeBrick is just a coat tail rider.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by cwnotorious View Post
    Kraks i think that most people have finally caught up to the fact you have to put lbj in the top 3, anyone that thinks otherwise just hates the guy straight up and that clouds the ranking.
    I was sticking up for Lebron a week ago and now people are arguing with me because I won’t proclaim him GOAT.

I rank him #2 of all-time.

I guess that’s why these debates are so pointless.

jtoler

Sorry he's not number 2 all time either people like to just dismiss stuff like once again rules changes. This board is all about living in the moment its hilarious. The Number 2 all time wouldnt have lost to the Mavs being on a supposed super team nor would the number 2 all time potentially be 1-7 in the finals if not for miraculous shots by Kyrie and Ray Allen, Im sorry. How much do they pay you lb you have to be on the payroll, just a couple weeks ago you posted both stats and said Bron wasnt close to MJ.

cwnotorious

I was sticking up for Lebron a week ago and now people are arguing with me because I won’t proclaim him GOAT.

I rank him #2 of all-time.

I guess that’s why these debates are so pointless.
    Really tough for any of us that lived through the Jordan era to put LeBron past the best. I have always had a hard time with the comparison simply because their games are so different. LeBron has finally this year started to show an improved jumpshot and Jordan had every shot in the book along with 200% athleticism paired with the drive that has never been matched.

cwnotorious

Jtoler you have to look at the complete package that LB brings, look at his percentage from the feild, his rebounding/vision/decision making. What hall of famer could do all these things in a game at that high of level? No one

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    y are we only comparing him to MJ is he as good as Kareem or Wilt was. better than hakeem who had a million moves, could score at will and very good defensively? why doesnt anyone compare him to centers or whatever if we're talking best ever. people forget about all those great players? with that said he's somewhere in the top 20 though I imagine hehe.
    Lmao at all of those players. NBA in 2018 is the 2nd most popular sport & includes the best players in the entire universe, literally. Back in the 50s/60s/70s basketball was almost an afterthought, didn’t even have a fukkin 3-point line, and players barely broke 6 figures. It got better in the 80s/90s but still... It was an entirely different sport. And yes, those players were good at that watered down sport, but LeBron has completed and utterly dominated this sport in this dynamic day and age.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by cwnotorious View Post
    Jtoler you have to look at the complete package that LB brings, look at his percentage from the feild, his rebounding/vision/decision making. What hall of famer could do all these things in a game at that high of level? No one
    many. you also have to look at the fact that he's making all the decisions, he's either scoring or making the last pass. when do you see him give up the ball early in the offense and they run a play, hardly ever. if you were on the floor and had the ball in your hand and played like him youd have numbers too. he's a great gifted athlete not hating, he could even be better if he played off the ball a little more and crashed the offensive boards some.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Not to mention, it’s not the debate but, LeBron would destroy anyone in the history of basketball at 1 on 1.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    Lmao at all of those players. NBA in 2018 is the 2nd most popular sport & includes the best players in the entire universe, literally. Back in the 50s/60s/70s basketball was almost an afterthought, didn’t even have a fukkin 3-point line, and players barely broke 6 figures. It got better in the 80s/90s but still... It was an entirely different sport. And yes, those players were good at that watered down sport, but LeBron has completed and utterly dominated this sport in this dynamic day and age.
    wow, expected better from you, if you say so. nobody addresses or tries to refute the things I bring up about Bronny ever its hilarious.

ABEHONEST
    Say what? I'll bite your head plum off!
    ABEHONEST's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4175

Not a true believer in LeBron. Gads, the pub he gets is crazy. He certainly is the biggest most athletic for his size, but is he a true winner?
    Well, we all know who the greatest winner was, and you must combine that with his uncanny athletic skills.
    He still is the best. Best means, the greatest individual winner, but you also must combine that with his remarkable clutch playing ability too, putting him all-alone in the untouchable category.

No one touches this basketball genius.
    Lebron?
    He's more like a extra large sized, athletic neanderthal and Jordan was much like a sleek, powerful black panther.
    Go with the Black Panther.

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Quote Originally Posted by ABEHONEST View Post
    Not a true believer in LeBron. Gads, the pub he gets is crazy. He certainly is the biggest most athletic for his size, but is he a true winner?
    Well, we all know who the greatest winner was, and you must combine that with his uncanny athletic skills.
    He still is the best. Best means, the greatest individual winner, but you also must combine that with his remarkable clutch playing ability too, putting him all-alone in the untouchable category.

No one touches this basketball genius.
    Lebron?
    He's more like a extra large sized, athletic neanderthal and Jordan was much like a sleek, powerful black panther.
    Go with the Black Panther.
    Wouldn't Bill Russell be the greatest individual winner then? 11 out of 13.. pretty good

I think this debate often just comes down to older guys who watched Jordan when they were young not wanting to admit someone might be rivaling him 20 years later. Everyone is nostalgic and sentimental about THEIR era and THEIR guy.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: milwaukee mike

ABEHONEST

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post
    Wouldn't Bill Russell be the greatest individual winner then? 11 out of 13.. pretty good

I think this debate often just comes down to older guys who watched Jordan when they were young not wanting to admit someone might be rivaling him 20 years later. Everyone is nostalgic and sentimental about THEIR era and THEIR guy.
    Apples/oranges comparison. Russell was defensive genius. Not an athletic high scorer. Come on, guy.

pattymayo

Apples/oranges comparison. Russell was defensive genius. Not an athletic high scorer. Come on, guy.
    You said "greatest individual winner." How do you define winning if not NBA titles?

ABEHONEST

You said "greatest individual winner." How do you define winning if not NBA titles?
    You sure to like to argue? Winner, doesn't necessarily mean it comes along with tittles. Also, 50 years ago?
    I rest my case.

pattymayo

You sure to like to argue? Winner, doesn't necessarily mean it comes along with tittles. Also, 50 years ago?
    I rest my case.
    then don't say 'winner' because 'winning' implies... 'winning'. So what 50 years ago? Doesn't count?

ABEHONEST

then don't say 'winner' because 'winning' implies... 'winning'. So what 50 years ago? Doesn't count?
    Oh, okay sweetie.

pattymayo

Oh, okay sweetie.
    I'll take that as you bowing out of this argument. This was fun though, thanks.

monyet
    monyet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 554

3 all star vs 1 all star
    i dont think soo. but let see

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    Not to mention, it’s not the debate but, LeBron would destroy anyone in the history of basketball at 1 on 1.
    Not Lavar ball man!

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

My list of top 10:

1) Jordan
    2) Lebron
    3) Wilt Chamberlain
    4) Hakeem Olajuwon
    5) Lewis Alcindor
    6) Shaquille O'neal
    7) Karl Malone
    8)Oscar Robertson
    9) Larry Bird
    10) Magic Johnson

ABEHONEST

Is it not true we have a no athletic physical beast in this era with the physical tools to stop LJ?
    I believe that is the true answer.

Wilt, Jabbar, etc? Name a few more who could have made LeBron look very human and not a 35/40 point scorer he is today?
    Surely he wouldn't dominate as easily as he does in this era? Maybe drop that average down to 27/28 points a game?

And winning a championship against the best teams of the 70's, 80's 90's? I don't think so.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

ABE

call George

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

everyone always isolates those 6 jordan championships as his career

why don't we look at the whole body of work and see what jordan did late in his career... oh that's right he was taking more years off and then missing the playoffs with the wizards

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9047

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    My list of top 10:

1) Jordan
    2) Lebron
    3) Wilt Chamberlain
    4) Hakeem Olajuwon
    5) Lewis Alcindor
    6) Shaquille O'neal
    7) Karl Malone
    8)Oscar Robertson
    9) Larry Bird
    10) Magic Johnson
    Im guessing you're in 30's too: only explanation for Hakeem being ahead of Kareem and Karl Malone being on that list.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

I been around a long time. Saw them all. No one was better then Jordan and I hated Jordan

ABEHONEST

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    My list of top 10:

1) Jordan
    2) Lebron
    3) Wilt Chamberlain
    4) Hakeem Olajuwon
    5) Lewis Alcindor
    6) Shaquille O'neal
    7) Karl Malone
    8)Oscar Robertson
    9) Larry Bird
    10) Magic Johnson
    Sorry Eidolon, but you youngster's deserve an update on just who were the greatest top-top of all-time.
    A thread coming just for those naive young men.
    A shocker, so put your seat-belts on.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19587

LeBron has been the GOAT for the last ten years.

ABEHONEST

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    LeBron has been the GOAT for the last ten years.
    When you sober up, check my list and look for Lebron.

Bdolan33
    Bdolan33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

If he wins, there will be high praise and credit. If he loses, there will be excuses. No different than any other year.

7secondsOrLess
    7secondsOrLess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6678

everyone knows that you're the king of losing

First 123 Last