juicername
    Thomorino - Fade and Get Paid
    juicername's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3972

Quote Originally Posted by ikid2groove415 View Post
    Cancer is a bitch man - this explains why POP was never happy - having a disease that u know will eventually killed you
    You think you can avoid it?

Clutchut12
    Clutchut12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

Pops a asshole,but dont wish this on anyone. People need to calm down and have some sympathy for things like this.My dad is a liberal nut and we disagree on everything political,but he also is the greatest man on this earth.
    So pop maybe a asshole on the outside and we definetly dont agree on politics,but i feel bad for anyone losing there wife especially after all those years married.

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

Steve Kerr and pop are buds - wonder if gsw lay down a few games

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19599

He'll blame it on Trump; count on it.

bonusguy
    bonusguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1445

Quote Originally Posted by slayer14 View Post
    I dont know why anyone over 50 years old would want to be a coach, you on the road most of the year when you could be staying at home and enjoying your retirement the best years,
    purpose

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10300

67 year old Erin Popovich, wife of Gregg Popovich, died after a prolonged illness.
    Very sad for Gregg and his family.

Nowhere did I read that the prolonged illness was cancer.
    Do posters in this thread have a source that she died of cancer?
    Rough disease and I suppose if you live long enough either cancer or Alzheimers will afflict each of us.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

Quote Originally Posted by ikid2groove415 View Post
    Steve Kerr and pop are buds - wonder if gsw lay down a few games
    thats gotta be one of the dumbest statements of 2018

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

[QUOTE=19th Hole;27728501]67 year old Erin Popovich, wife of Gregg Popovich, died after a prolonged illness.
    Very sad for Gregg and his family.

Nowhere did I read that the prolonged illness was cancer.
    Do posters in this thread have a source that she died of cancer?
    Rough disease and I suppose if you live long enough either cancer or Alzheimers will afflict each of us.

[/QUOTE must have been rough on him having to be away so much traveling with the team
    Last edited by cincinnatikid513; 04-19-18 at 06:29 AM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11889

Quote Originally Posted by juicername View Post
    You think you can avoid it?
    You can avoid it, eat right daily (veggies and fruits), don't stress, and get your recommended sleep every night.

Back in the day people weren't dying of cancer as they ate natural and not processed foods.. Think about that????? Colored sugary sodas are cancer in a can for starters.. Eat to live or live to eat.. Your choice...

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money
    BigBusiness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

Spurs OVER TT for Game 3 is pretty much a LOCK.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    He is a fukking prick so of course he will be.
    This

Sorry for his wife, but her dying doesn't make Popovich a better person

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Go fukk yourself. Popovich served this country in the armed forces. Something most of you dumb ass haters of Pops have never done. Who the fuk are you to question his views. They are his views, not yours so go eat a bag of dicks.

This country was built on the right of it's people to have a viewpoint and not be a damn Lemming without a concise train of thought. Sit your ass down.
    We've already been over this

He didn't do jack except go on a worldwide tour playing for the Air Force basketball team

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    You can avoid it, eat right daily (veggies and fruits), don't stress, and get your recommended sleep every night.

Back in the day people weren't dying of cancer as they ate natural and not processed foods.. Think about that????? Colored sugary sodas are cancer in a can for starters.. Eat to live or live to eat.. Your choice...
    I agree those are probably important factors, but people living longer has to have an effect also

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by BigBusiness View Post
    Spurs OVER TT for Game 3 is pretty much a LOCK.
    BigBidness, got question for you dog? You've been on this forum since 2012, decent sports gambler from what I've seen. Kuddo's and RSPK.. Racially charged and I'm cool with that I guess.. Power to the people I get that....

However, how come you haven't gone SBR PRO yet? You pay $500 for whores nightly when you feel like it and drive a SLS MERC AMG right? You seem to want to be a part of the SBR community right? Hmmm?

This is a $200,000 + car you drive so you claim and I know because I looked at them and my next door neighbor owns and drives one. I love the car.. Not calling you out or busting your balls but just wondering why you haven't put up a measly $100 to charity and gone SBR PRO yet? Been here 6 years now..

This car costs as much as some homes do in middle America.. https://www.cars.com/research/merced...-sls_amg-2015/

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    thats gotta be one of the dumbest statements of 2018
    Agreed

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    I agree those are probably important factors, but people living longer has to have an effect also
    Yeah like world over population, starvation and disease in the end..

Still we are alive today so why not try to live and make the most of it.. Die at 92 like Barbara Bush just did.. Live a full life with meaning and substance.. I'm coming up short so far but I'm trying.. It's all about helping others after you've helped yourself...

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3521

Yeah like world over population, starvation and disease in the end..

Still we are alive today so why not try to live and make the most of it.. Die at 92 like Barbara Bush just did.. Live a full life with meaning and substance.. I'm coming up short so far but I'm trying.. It's all about helping others after you've helped yourself...

But yet the white population is shrinking, Germany has the smallest birth rate in the World next to Japan.

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    But yet the white population is shrinking, Germany has the smallest birth rate in the World next to Japan.
    High taxes and "progressive" numbers of females in the workplace

packerd_00

High taxes and "progressive" numbers of females in the workplace
    Yep they all want to wait,and by that time their to old.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by Clutchut12 View Post
    Pops a asshole,but dont wish this on anyone. People need to calm down and have some sympathy for things like this.My dad is a liberal nut and we disagree on everything political,but he also is the greatest man on this earth.
    So pop maybe a asshole on the outside and we definetly dont agree on politics,but i feel bad for anyone losing there wife especially after all those years married.
    Pop is an asshole because his views are not in tune with your neanderthal thinking. Your dad is a liberal nut because once agin he isnt in tune with your backwards ass thinking. I got it. Why would u call a guy an asshole when his wife just died you hypocrite

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Jibby i have a question for u and any other jackass that has a problem if someone isn’t Pro. Why? Why does this consume your life as well as some of these other retards? Who gives a fuk who is pro or not. Is this some stupid attempt to embarrass people. A hundred bucks and u are worried if this guy is pro. WTF.

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

These 2 threads are confusing
    Pop was married to Barbara Bush??
    Far out
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: turtlejc

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    Well Packard White or rich people are having one baby or maybe 2 these days on average here in America.. Poor people are having 3 to 10 babies in poor areas and in the hoods.. I can't explain the dynamics of this other then rich wise people are responsible and understand what's going on.. Poor people have free time and are having sex more often and reproducing without a care in the world..

I read up that China had such an over population problem they made a law you can only have one baby.. Problem with that was the factory workers were all getting to old and the industry suffered.. They need more younger people working the jobs.. I'm just trying to understand and comprehend it all.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11162

We've already been over this
    He didn't do jack except go on a worldwide tour playing for the Air Force basketball team
    You obviously have never been in the armed forces? You've obviously don't know what boot camp, OCS and what it means to be a part of a team. You try to trivialize his accomplishments while you have ZERO accomplishments that you can present here. You damn sure won't put your meaningless life on the line to serve our country, regardless the job. You are bitch for putting down ANYONE that has served this country. A BIG BITCH. Maybe if you did a little reading, you might have found this about Popovich.

Popovich majored in Soviet Studies at the Air Force Academy, and his first assignment put him with the 6594th Support Group in Sunnyvale, California. In those early years of service, he operated spy satellites monitoring Soviet missile launches under the top-secret Air Force Satellite Control Facility, under command of the Space and Missile Systems Organization.

From there he went on to coach high school at the Air Force preparatory school, for which he received an Air Force commendation medal, and then coached college-aged cadets at the Air Force Academy.

Following Popovich's time in active service, he returned to the Academy as an assistant coach.

Not only did Pops serve our country, he also trained and coached some of our finest men and women. It may not make him a better person in your book but it makes you a shit.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Jibby i have a question for u and any other jackass that has a problem if someone isn’t Pro. Why? Why does this consume your life as well as some of these other retards? Who gives a fuk who is pro or not. Is this some stupid attempt to embarrass people. A hundred bucks and u are worried if this guy is pro. WTF.
    I can careless to be honest, but I do support this forum and wonder when people boast about their vast wealth in every post and don't go PRO after six years, I then begin to wonder why?.. Just curious that's all..

Going SBR PRO and giving to charity is a good thing right Thor? I'm not trying to be a dick and call people out, I'm trying to get them to give to charity and go PRO like you and me that's all...

Am I out of line for doing that Thor? Also a guy like BigBusiness would probably profit from it with bet points, be more a part of the community from it as well..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 04-19-18 at 12:20 AM.

packerd_00

Well Packard White or rich people are having one baby or maybe 2 these days on average here in America.. Poor people are having 3 to 10 babies in poor areas and in the hoods.. I can't explain the dynamics of this other then rich wise people are responsible and understand what's going on.. Poor people have free time and are having sex more often and reproducing without a care in the world..

I read up that China had such an over population problem they made a law you can only have one baby.. Problem with that was the factory workers were all getting to old and the industry suffered.. They need more younger people working the jobs.. I'm just trying to understand and comprehend it all.

Alot of the young guys know don't learn a trade,most of the guys I know are working in computers or wasting their time partying in College and coming out with no job opportunities when they finish
    Last edited by packerd_00; 04-19-18 at 12:22 AM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by maggiethebestdog View Post
    These 2 threads are confusing
    Pop was married to Barbara Bush??
    Far out
    LOL.. Barbara Bush wouldn't have anything to do with POP..

I just mixed it all in to one thought.. Mortality is a trip...

dlowilly

You obviously have never been in the armed forces? You've obviously don't know what boot camp, OCS and what it means to be a part of a team. You try to trivialize his accomplishments while you have ZERO accomplishments that you can present here. You damn sure won't put your meaningless life on the line to serve our country, regardless the job. You are bitch for putting down ANYONE that has served this country. A BIG BITCH. Maybe if you did a little reading, you might have found this about Popovich.

Popovich majored in Soviet Studies at the Air Force Academy, and his first assignment put him with the 6594th Support Group in Sunnyvale, California. In those early years of service, he operated spy satellites monitoring Soviet missile launches under the top-secret Air Force Satellite Control Facility, under command of the Space and Missile Systems Organization.

From there he went on to coach high school at the Air Force preparatory school, for which he received an Air Force commendation medal, and then coached college-aged cadets at the Air Force Academy.

Following Popovich's time in active service, he returned to the Academy as an assistant coach.

Not only did Pops serve our country, he also trained and coached some of our finest men and women. It may not make him a better person in your book but it makes you a shit.
    You can pour over pages of sites on the internet, you can call me all the names you want.

But the best you could come up with is he was in a support group office during the cold war? Like I said, his Air Force time was about basketball, and you and others are trying to act like he was a wounded Navy Seal. Any props he gets for being in the military, and yes it gives you props, take a big hit when he publicly spits on half the country because of who they voted for.

I have known some cool military, but I have also known some real pieces of shit who were military, there to avoid jail or to shoot someone. I definitely respect the military, but that doesn't make everyone in it above reproach, including Popovich.

dlowilly

Who the fuk are you to question his views. They are his views, not yours so go eat a bag of dicks.

This country was built on the right of it's people to have a viewpoint and not be a damn Lemming without a concise train of thought.
    I'm not talking about him criticizing Trump. Publicly putting down and criticizing people because they don't share your view is not a point of view, it's being a dick. That's Popovich, support office or not.

This isn't criticizing Trump or giving his views, this is him shaming Trump voters and acting like a sanctimonious libtard:

He said he's shocked that people have chosen a president who has overlooked women and minorities, and made fun of someone with a handicap.

"I live in that country where half of the people ignored all of that to elect someone."

"I look at the Evangelicals and I wonder, those values don't mean anything to them?"

"...what gives me so much pause and makes me feel so badly that the country is willing to be that intolerant and not understand the empathy that's necessary to understand other group's situations. I'm a rich white guy, and I'm sick to my stomach thinking about it."

"It leaves me wondering where I've been living, and with whom I'm living"

Mac4Lyfe

You can pour over pages of sites on the internet, you can call me all the names you want.

But the best you could come up with is he was in a support group office during the cold war? Like I said, his Air Force time was about basketball, and you and others are trying to act like he was a wounded Navy Seal. Any props he gets for being in the military, and yes it gives you props, take a big hit when he publicly spits on half the country because of who they voted for.

I have known some cool military, but I have also known some real pieces of shit who were military, there to avoid jail or to shoot someone. I definitely respect the military, but that doesn't make everyone in it above reproach, including Popovich.
    Once again, you are trying to downplay his SERVICE COMMITMENT by implying that a wounded Navy Seal is more important? Once again, you have ZERO clue about the military or a team, everyone working together. Is a Navy Seal more important than a nurse or a military secretary? Do you know how many men joined the military because of Pops? How many people joined because of you???

How the hell did he spit on half the country? Give me a break. Stop getting offended by everything someone says. Man up and stop being so wimpy. You radical extremist Republicans/Democrats are the ones easily triggered when anyone says something on the other side of your one track mind. You political whacko's are lost in your own delusional minds. Everything is political to you, everything is either wrong or right, left or right. You have no filter, you have no compromise, you have no empathy for others because it's either your way or the highway. You right/left nut jobs are more threatening to our democracy than anything else. Y'all are dangerous. You all watch too much TV.

Mac4Lyfe

I'm not talking about him criticizing Trump. Publicly putting down and criticizing people because they don't share your view is not a point of view, it's being a dick. That's Popovich, support office or not.

This isn't criticizing Trump or giving his views, this is him shaming Trump voters and acting like a sanctimonious libtard:

He said he's shocked that people have chosen a president who has overlooked women and minorities, and made fun of someone with a handicap.

"I live in that country where half of the people ignored all of that to elect someone."

"I look at the Evangelicals and I wonder, those values don't mean anything to them?"

"...what gives me so much pause and makes me feel so badly that the country is willing to be that intolerant and not understand the empathy that's necessary to understand other group's situations. I'm a rich white guy, and I'm sick to my stomach thinking about it."

"It leaves me wondering where I've been living, and with whom I'm living"
    This is his opinion. Just like you can have an opinion, he can too. I can actually see his point. It doesn't mean I have to agree with it but at least I can see it. Can you???

dlowilly

Once again, you are trying to downplay his SERVICE COMMITMENT by implying that a wounded Navy Seal is more important? Once again, you have ZERO clue about the military or a team, everyone working together. Is a Navy Seal more important than a nurse or a military secretary? Do you know how many men joined the military because of Pops? How many people joined because of you???
    Of course a wounded navy seal is more important than someone who has never seen action. Are you really trying to say no one is more important than someone else in the military? Because they have ranks, stripes, and insignias to denote just that, not to mention certain high ranking officers don't go near the front line precisely because they are more important.

How the hell did he spit on half the country? Give me a break. Stop getting offended by everything someone says. Man up and stop being so wimpy. You radical extremist Republicans/Democrats are the ones easily triggered when anyone says something on the other side of your one track mind. You political whacko's are lost in your own delusional minds. Everything is political to you, everything is either wrong or right, left or right. You have no filter, you have no compromise, you have no empathy for others because it's either your way or the highway. You right/left nut jobs are more threatening to our democracy than anything else. Y'all are dangerous. You all watch too much TV.
    Come on Mac I respect your opinion but there is a lot of bs in this paragraph. Popovich was asked about Trump being elected and he gave his opinion on the people who voted on him. Yes he talked about Trump too, but belittling half the country who didn't vote the way he did is a dick move and uncalled for. If he can do that, don't get whiny when people dislike and insult him back.

I agree the right is very touchy these days due to a long time biased media but it is nothing compared to the snowflake village the left has been living in for so long.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16173

Really shouldn't put exclamation marks next to a death notice -see this on twitter a lot these days...

Mac4Lyfe

I don't see how Popovich giving his opinion on a controversial subject is a reason to hate on his dead wife? His comments were not a dick move, that is his opinion, wrong or right. I fully understand what Popovich was saying. How can an evangelical Christian vote for Trump in faith? Now, I think most people saw him as the lessor of 2 evils and just wanted a change. I can understand that as well. I personally didn't vote for Trump or Hillary because I didn't like neither one of them. But in hindsight, Trump was the better choice and I'm glad he's my president but I can see why Popovich would be critical of him. I personally don't have time to criticize any of our presidents. I've stood by everyone of our presidents because they are doing what I would never do. I appreciate their service in leading our country. I pray for Trump just like I pray for this country. If he succeeds, we all succeed. I don't care about the 2 party system. I've never subscribed to either party. We would be much better off if we got rid of the 2 parties and voted based on what the majority of the people want and not what special interest, lobbyist want. I don't believe in labels, I'm not always conservative nor liberal. I'm constantly changing as I know more and see more. I'm never the same. I don't need to look to the 2 parties to tell me how I should act or feel.

Regarding the military. No one is more important than someone else, regardless of rank. Just because you may have an important assignment DOES NOT mean that you are more important than another. The front line is just as important as the chow line as is important as the barracks. A leader learns early on that earning a specific rank or degree does not equate to being superior to others in your unit. We are all the same.

What part of the Army core values speaks to a position or rank???

LOYALTY

Bear true faith and allegiance to the U.S. Constitution, the Army, your unit and other Soldiers. Bearing true faith and allegiance is a matter of believing in and devoting yourself to something or someone. A loyal Soldier is one who supports the leadership and stands up for fellow Soldiers. By wearing the uniform of the U.S. Army you are expressing your loyalty. And by doing your share, you show your loyalty to your unit.

DUTY

Fulfill your obligations. Doing your duty means more than carrying out your assigned tasks. Duty means being able to accomplish tasks as part of a team. The work of the U.S. Army is a complex combination of missions, tasks and responsibilities — all in constant motion. Our work entails building one assignment onto another. You fulfill your obligations as a part of your unit every time you resist the temptation to take “shortcuts” that might undermine the integrity of the final product.

RESPECT

Treat people as they should be treated. In the Soldier’s Code, we pledge to “treat others with dignity and respect while expecting others to do the same.” Respect is what allows us to appreciate the best in other people. Respect is trusting that all people have done their jobs and fulfilled their duty. And self-respect is a vital ingredient with the Army value of respect, which results from knowing you have put forth your best effort. The Army is one team and each of us has something to contribute.

SELFLESS SERVICE

Put the welfare of the Nation, the Army and your subordinates before your own. Selfless service is larger than just one person. In serving your country, you are doing your duty loyally without thought of recognition or gain. The basic building block of selfless service is the commitment of each team member to go a little further, endure a little longer, and look a little closer to see how he or she can add to the effort.

HONOR

Live up to Army values. The Nation’s highest military award is The Medal of Honor. This award goes to Soldiers who make honor a matter of daily living — Soldiers who develop the habit of being honorable, and solidify that habit with every value choice they make. Honor is a matter of carrying out, acting, and living the values of respect, duty, loyalty, selfless service, integrity and personal courage in everything you do.

INTEGRITY

Do what’s right, legally and morally. Integrity is a quality you develop by adhering to moral principles. It requires that you do and say nothing that deceives others. As your integrity grows, so does the trust others place in you. The more choices you make based on integrity, the more this highly prized value will affect your relationships with family and friends, and, finally, the fundamental acceptance of yourself.

PERSONAL COURAGE

Face fear, danger or adversity (physical or moral). Personal courage has long been associated with our Army. With physical courage, it is a matter of enduring physical duress and at times risking personal safety. Facing moral fear or adversity may be a long, slow process of continuing forward on the right path, especially if taking those actions is not popular with others. You can build your personal courage by daily standing up for and acting upon the things that you know are honorable.

IBetYou

^^^ I did those things when I joined the cub scouts

IBetYou

I lied through my teeth..

First 123 Last