Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13605

In his latest research report, Grantham focused on the extremely bullish sentiment of the U.S. stock market, underscored by the Shiller P/E Ratio — a key valuation measure for the S&P 500 — standing at 34 as of Mar. 1. This places it in the top 1% historically, a position Grantham views with caution due to the historical rarity of sustained market rallies from such a valuation.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

Lithium Americas (NYSE:LAC) will be releasing earnings on Friday, March 29, Yahoo Finance reports.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24893

Quote Originally Posted by Madison View Post
    In his latest research report, Grantham focused on the extremely bullish sentiment of the U.S. stock market, underscored by the Shiller P/E Ratio — a key valuation measure for the S&P 500 — standing at 34 as of Mar. 1. This places it in the top 1% historically, a position Grantham views with caution due to the historical rarity of sustained market rallies from such a valuation.
    The P/E ratio is insane. Has to be maxed out, right?

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

IonQ saw some unusual options trading activity on Thursday. Traders acquired 16,494 call options on the stock. This represents an increase of approximately 44% compared to the typical volume of 11,419 call options.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    The P/E ratio is insane. Has to be maxed out, right?
    Momentum is wonderful until it isn't.

ChuckyTheGoat

Momentum is wonderful until it isn't.
    Real vs Nominal coming home to roost IMHO.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

A record share of 401(k) account holders took early withdrawalsfrom their accounts last year for financial emergencies, according to internaldata from Vanguard Group. Overall, 3.6% of its plan participants did so lastyear, up from 2.8% in 2022 and a prepandemic average of about 2%.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

Slurry, what are the charts indicating to you this week?

ChuckyTheGoat

A record share of 401(k) account holders took early withdrawalsfrom their accounts last year for financial emergencies, according to internaldata from Vanguard Group. Overall, 3.6% of its plan participants did so lastyear, up from 2.8% in 2022 and a prepandemic average of about 2%.
    Mad, that's good info. Another sign (IMHO) that the money supply has a problem.

How far can the USA stretch it?

Slurry Pumper
    Slurry Pumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8796

Slurry, what are the charts indicating to you this week?
    We're looking for the SPY to stay above the $523ish spot on the SPY, if it does, then things will continue as they have for quite a while now. Then we will also be looking at how the SPY does when it gets to $542.60, and finally if it breaks through that $530 is another level of resistance.

The QQQs have more work to do to repair the damage. $447 is the first spot it needs to take, then $449.35, and finally $457.25.

I'm looking for the markets to run up to these levels and then see what happens. Markets have been running pretty sideways for a few weeks now and the volume is slightly less than it was just a month ago. It like its waiting. For what maybe a rate cut or maybe another bad thing to happen before it reacts. My money is on the rate cut and a continuation up the mountain side, but I want to be the umpire so I will always look before I buy and stay right next to the exits. There are no long term positions being started for me altough I am piling in even heavier to the mining stocks that I have bee single handily supporting for the last 4 years now.

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14404

LTNC up 193% today.

Slurry Pumper

After 2 pretty good down days, the SPY did bounce off of the 20 DMA yesterday and we are in wait and see mode as believe it or not, the trend is still your friend here. I think the Fed is coming out to speak or say something today so that should be fun to witness and that gold is finally starting to move after I've been loading up on it for the last 8 years at this point.
    The QQQs are on the other hand in bigger trouble and if that doesn't hang on to the 20 DMA, it may drag down the markets with it so that is my indicator for the near future for direction. With that, that means NVDA is a look and see, $860 is the line in the sand for this stock. Below that and the selling could increase. Yesterday it bounced of a level of support made from the 3/8 big break down candle low which is a glimmer of hope that things will recover but it has some repairing to do before I think happy days are here again.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

The 10 yr has support circa 4.35. Has bounced many times. Seems to be threatening a breach?? Slurry?

Slurry Pumper

Yep, that's how it goes a bounce here and there and maybe a half dozen times, then one day it breaks. You never really know when it will or how many times a support level will work either.

wombat
    wombat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11304

If you wanna see one of the craziest gains of the year check out the 52 week range of TPST

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by wombat View Post
    If you wanna see one of the craziest gains of the year check out the 52 week range of TPST
    BIO is one area where I know nothing and expect almost anything. The chart (1 yr) is a tough one for me. All the gains in one short period.

I have stayed mostly with the XBI. Any specific investing has been around gene therapy (DNA, CRSP). Or the bigger players like UNH.

Thanks for contributing, and keep us updated.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21689

Bouncy Bouncy

Pot stocks seem to be having a moment. Aurora Cannabis (ACB) has doubled this week.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Bouncy Bouncy

Pot stocks seem to be having a moment. Aurora Cannabis (ACB) has doubled this week.
    I tried them a few years and got "smoked". Where's the equilibrium and what are you predicting. No offense, but I'm up to my eyeballs with people/reporters reporting. I like/follow people who try to predict not report.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21689

I tried them a few years and got "smoked". Where's the equilibrium and what are you predicting. No offense, but I'm up to my eyeballs with people/reporters reporting. I like/follow people who try to predict not report.
    Seem to. Everything has fallen since I posted that. lol

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

Nuclear

In my humble opinion SMR's or Small Modular Reactors" have a very attractive future.

Here's an introductory article on nuclear investments in general.

Nuclear Energy Stocks May Outperform Solar and Wind in the Market (marketbeat.com)

ChuckyTheGoat

Nice, Mad. GL w/ your investments.

guitarjosh
    guitarjosh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9448

Vix is still a little overbought so we could see a continuation of today's bounce next week

wombat
    wombat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11304

ROOT also has a crazy 52 week range.

Slurry Pumper

Gotta like the gold. It is moving every day. I still think the miners are cheap, and we seem to be in a situation where the only news that is bad for gold is if the FED raises rates and we all know he isn't going to do that this year even though he should.

Slurry Pumper

Thursday we got a bearish engulfing candle so I'm looking for a conformation that didn't come on Friday so that means we have today to look forward to. A breakdown below the low on Thursday would signal this confirmation but it has away to go. I'm more inclined to think the SPY hangs onto the 20DMA but after 3 times going to the 523-524 area and failing it is a wait and see before I start buying again.

guitarjosh
    guitarjosh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9448

SMCI popped through the neckline on a head and shoulders pattern, you might want to lock in your profits if you hold any.

Slurry Pumper

Its hard to kill a bull. Today SPY ran down to test the same spot put in from Thursday's break down candle only to come almost all the way back to get above the 20 DMA pretty much in the last hour. From Thursday's breakdown candle I can say it is starting to look like a bearish wedge type of situation although the trend is still your friend and it hasn't broken yet. To break my bearish thoughts the SPY needs to get to and break through the $524.25ish area on a 2 hour candle close before I even think of buying anything long. As a matter of fact, I'll be buying Puts up there and if the scenario happen like I just mentioned, I'll gladly sell my shares at a slight loss and let fuel that next run higher. Otherwise, I'll be loading up. How about the down side of the bearish wedge you say. Well the low from Thursday ($513.10) is a real good line in the sand. Price needs to get to and proceed below on daily candle closes for the bears to take the ball. Next level is the 50DMA at $508.30 and that is where I will bee selling puts and probably expecting at least a pause if not a bounce off of it.
    On the weekly chart for you weekly stock owner types. we are kind of in a sideways trend just waiting for that 20 WMA to come up to the price as it is pretty far away and a pause here is in order.
    On the monthly chart, I would say its about time, or from a symmetry type situation from the last run for a down slide a little bit. Before we had 5 months up and 3 months down slightly. Markets like to keep the symmetrical thing going so I'm looking to see if that happens this month or not.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

Gold/ Silver/ Copper

Have ridden the wave. Where is this commodity play ending???

Slurry Pumper

The commodity play is just starting and it ain't stopping any time soon unless the FED raises rates. The FED isn't going to raise rates before the election so we have a good 6 months to go here atleast.

How about that SPY dropping all the way down to $512 on Wednesday and Thursday which is just $1 below where I said was a spot they have to hold. I call that a spike and recovery. Could today be the 3rd time down there? who knows, but it is obvious that the market is doing all it can do to keep above the break down candle from last Thursday. If it doesn't keep price above, it could be bad. The 50 DMA rising and at $509 currently may not be any saving grace since it is pretty close at this point.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Slurry Pumper View Post
    The commodity play is just starting and it ain't stopping any time soon unless the FED raises rates. The FED isn't going to raise rates before the election so we have a good 6 months to go here atleast.

How about that SPY dropping all the way down to $512 on Wednesday and Thursday which is just $1 below where I said was a spot they have to hold. I call that a spike and recovery. Could today be the 3rd time down there? who knows, but it is obvious that the market is doing all it can do to keep above the break down candle from last Thursday. If it doesn't keep price above, it could be bad. The 50 DMA rising and at $509 currently may not be any saving grace since it is pretty close at this point.
    Always appreciated!

Slurry Pumper

It looks like the 50 DMA is going to be the spot where the SPY is bouncing following the sell off on Friday. From the events of the weekend typically I would think we are going to have a whopper of a rally, but believe it or not since the Iranian attack on Israel didn't really cause any damage, I can't consider today a Country invasion of another Country type of market and the futures bears that out as they are all rebounding. I still think we get a rally however, and that 513 spot is the beginning. After the bell the SPY must keep that level or the selloff will soon follow.

Enkhbat
    Enkhbat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26331

crazy sell off today, hopefully a big up day tomorrow.

TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3643

Being that the Semiconductor stocks have hit the proverbial brick wall does GOOGL have any upside or even a bull 2x such as GGLL? Thoughts?

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11830

All i know is my 401k is very healthy!!

TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3643

Quote Originally Posted by INVEGA MAN View Post
    All i know is my 401k is very healthy!!
    SHUSH!!!

The Republicans don’t want to include that in discussions about inflation.

First ... 401402403404405 Last