Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13629

Quote Originally Posted by trobin31 View Post
    Earnings coming...who knows...my philosophy is just buy Tesla on every red day you see and never sell...to me doesn’t make sense to sell ever...
    I have similar philosophy with a group of my core. With the liquidity it just seems a no brainer if you're careful who are buying. I'm being safe and secure.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    smart!
    This and gambling very interesting.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Very little profit taking at all in the miners today, Slurry Pumper.

It's for real this time - not only is Mnuchin offering Pelosi 1.8 Trilion
    but Trump said he's willing to go even higher. The world scene is becoming more unpredictable
    and the big money is moving into precious metals not only as a hedge but as a safe haven.

The miners have underperformed the metals but that will begin to change soon - because the earnings
    go up on an increased ratio to the product. For example if the price rises 20% the earnings are impacted 100%
    for some of these producers.
    And the devaluation of our currency?

Iona
    Iona's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 49715

Big week for financials:

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10385

Wish I could parlay Workhorse and Arizona Cardinals

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26835

Wish I could parlay Workhorse and Arizona Cardinals
    nah cardinals are a loser today
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: trobin31

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by allabout the $$$ View Post
    nah cardinals are a loser today
    Damn this didnt age well.. jets are by far the worst NFL franchise

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

Bought some AMC today @4. I think if we start seeing major shutdowns could even get back to $2-3. I’ve been waiting for pullback and this seems like a reasonable price to partially enter. I’d add more at $3.5, 3, and just completely fill my position below 2.5.
    What is your partitioning strategy , % wise when you decide to invest and hope to possibly DCA downward? IE start at 10% of total expected position?

I always get confused if it moves higher and I'm not well invested as I might wish. IMHO it's all about the entry point.

Thanks for all your input!

Slurry Pumper
    Slurry Pumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8796

So in accordance with my statement Saturday, I picked up 20 shares of DELL @ $68.89. This stock came up on my scanner and it is staying above the 9DMA. We'll see how it goes the immediate stop loss target is at the 20DMA ($67.16), and if it dips below the 9DMA ($67.94), it gets 1 day to back above the moving average but if it doesn't, it gets the boot.

trobin31

Quote Originally Posted by Madison View Post
    What is your partitioning strategy , % wise when you decide to invest and hope to possibly DCA downward? IE start at 10% of total expected position?

I always get confused if it moves higher and I'm not well invested as I might wish. IMHO it's all about the entry point.

Thanks for all your input!
    It’s depends where the price is, like...when Alteryx dumped off from 180 to 120 I just went in over 50% on initial entry and bought 10% more on way down. For AMC, I filled 20%, if it suddenly drops to $3 I would probably add 30%, if it goes to $2, probably 50%. That is, unless something fundamentally changes...ie bankruptcy...I can see them making offerings or piling up debt...but I think amc is in a good spot to ultimately recover. I guess it all comes down to what you want on cost basis...I’d say I’d be extremely happy at a cost basis of 2.5 to 3 and could live with 3-3.5

trobin31

It’s a good day to enter into some solar names...

I added more RUN at 64, and probably add more more every 5 points on the way down to 55

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11126

okay my first sale of 2020:

- sold half my shares of TQQQ
    - sold half my shares of SPXL

I see some volatility heading our way very soon.....

Shafted69
    Green Shoots 2021
    Shafted69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1693

It's the Biden rally !!

ex50warrior
    ex50warrior's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25112

Were these short term, long term or in a qualified account?

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

Waiting for T2Dbets to check in. LOL

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by ex50warrior View Post
    Were these short term, long term or in a qualified account?
    Short term. Owned TQQQ since jan and SPXL since april

trobin31

Had a day off and daytraded WKHS...was bouncing 28-30 all morning so very nice...I’m still swing trading with avg 21...hoping for 50/50 usps contract with lordstown and wld expect minimum 35 on such news.

Validation: NET and AYX, pretty sure I told you guys AYX dropping to 120 was a crazy opportunity, hope you capitalized. NET is just an awesome company and ask any programmer they will tell you Cloudflare is a king.

buys

DISNEY 130, hoping for swing to 135...it’s a gamble..we’ll see...not too worried as unlikely to be bagholding Disney given the Mandalorian season 2 coming up and parks eventually opening

LXRP someone mentioned here awhile ago...research is mildly interesting as they focus on improving potency and faster delivery of lipophilic meds, especially thc. I find it interesting bc the whole problem with edibles is unreliable absorption and time to getting your high. their ceo seems intelligent and they have patents and deals with buyers..price came down to 0.20 so taking a swing here since this price is extremely low...

RUN added more to this position, increasing my cost basis but RUN as I’ve mentioned is a major solar player and I see triple figures within the next few years. I have orders to buy at 60 & 55 as well

watchlist:
    HEXO, another one in the weed space who operates out of Canada with a pretty substantial market share. They have arrangements with Coors in Colorado and branching out to Europe...anything below 0.70 is a buy on the chart

BAC..looking to trim if earnings surprise...

Kingssoft KC; this is currently at the bottom of a nice rectangle and have been buying at 30, may add more at 31 looking to swing to 35-40

Sells... came close to trimming some profits on IPOB At 24 35%+ but I have a good feeling about this one...

Expecting a pull back...market is insane right now....

trobin31

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...-or-early-2021

looks like that 2.5 price might be here soon

trobin31

I’m not gonna mess around with AMC any longer. They could be next JC penny

homie1975

I’m not gonna mess around with AMC any longer. They could be next JC penny
    TRob I agree. I cannot imagine folks eager to return the movie theater for a good awhile given the.consumption choices out there

homie1975

First jnj paused COVID vaccine trial now eli lilly

trobin31

Up 50% on IPOB in two weeks...I think more room to run fo sheezy, not sure where the bottom is in this thing...did anyone else buy? Am I wasting my breath here?

PACB, I thought it was gonna consolidate but then now it’s testing 14, donkey dik

LCA, I don’t understand the sellers but I gobbled up more today at 13.4

i bought some sqqq @19.3 before close. I Don’t see much headway being made now with judge confirmation dramas and both sides thinking they can have it their way after elections...pretty sure Fed is buying behind the scenes again to prop this up but they can only do it so many days in a row.

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

Up 50% on IPOB in two weeks...I think more room to run fo sheezy, not sure where the bottom is in this thing...did anyone else buy? Am I wasting my breath here?

PACB, I thought it was gonna consolidate but then now it’s testing 14, donkey dik

i bought some sqqq @19.3 before close. I Don’t see much headway being made now with judge confirmation dramas and both sides thinking they can have it their way after elections...pretty sure Fed is buying behind the scenes again to prop this up but they can only do it so many days in a row.
    i picked up nnmd instead of ipob

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

First jnj paused COVID vaccine trial now eli lilly
    Not to mention a man in Nevada getting it twice now.

That's gonna be an issue as immunity is likely fleeting. Maybe it's extra sales because of recall business with boosters, or maybe that means trouble for current vaccines in trial.

I guess we'll see.

trobin31

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    Not to mention a man in Nevada getting it twice now.

That's gonna be an issue as immunity is likely fleeting. Maybe it's extra sales because of recall business with boosters, or maybe that means trouble for current vaccines in trial.

I guess we'll see.
    I can’t count the number of times I’ve been asked the question or just told flat out....”Why don’t we just let everybody get it?” ...so...I ask...why do you think that?

the answer is usually the assumption of herd immunity. If you don’t know what herd immunity is, it’s basically when enough people in a population are immune it prevents others from becoming infected.

I generally try not to judge people as they don’t understand epidemiology...but honestly ethics seems to be the main problem.

so...here is the issue.

1) it’s a novel virus...we don’t understand it’s behavior and we don’t understand how quickly it’s mutates. To answer this question I take the approach of the Socratic method, as this is usually the only way to get people entrenched in their believes from making any realization. For example, the first question I usually ask is “How many times have you had a “common cold” may it be sniffles, runny nose, sinus congestion, fever, cough or sore throat....the answer is usually too many times to count. So...next question...how many different viruses do you think exist? Answer is usually a couple hundred...which is pretty spot on...next question...”how many types of viruses do you think have caused these colds, but mutated from previous years?”...usually Deer in headlights stare...so...I explain...”let’s say you had a coronavirus last year...not covid....but... it was a different one...so how many different types of viruses or “genus” of viruses do you think cause common colds?” Answer is usually 20-100....which is way off...only a handful of viruses cause common colds, approximately 3-5...rhinovirus is by far the most common.....the important point I try to make here is...a virus is a tiny minuscule strip of dna or rna that can change from person to person...so...the idea you can achieve herd immunity from a common cold without a vaccine is probably one of the most unrealistic things you can imagine occurring here...

many will point to Sweden or Brazil, where they tried the herd immunity experiment ...and you simple have to show the number of deaths from covid compared to their neighbors.

2) as for morality, I can’t make any reasonable justification for just letting vulnerable populations die so I’ll leave that to others

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

I can’t count the number of times I’ve been asked the question or just told flat out....”Why don’t we just let everybody get it?” ...so...I ask...why do you think that?

the answer is usually the assumption of herd immunity. If you don’t know what herd immunity is, it’s basically when enough people in a population are immune it prevents others from becoming infected.

I generally try not to judge people as they don’t understand epidemiology...but honestly ethics seems to be the main problem.

so...here is the issue.

1) it’s a novel virus...we don’t understand it’s behavior and we don’t understand how quickly it’s mutates. To answer this question I take the approach of the Socratic method, as this is usually the only way to get people entrenched in their believes from making any realization. For example, the first question I usually ask is “How many times have you had a “common cold” may it be sniffles, runny nose, sinus congestion, fever, cough or sore throat....the answer is usually too many times to count. So...next question...how many different viruses do you think exist? Answer is usually a couple hundred...which is pretty spot on...next question...”how many types of viruses do you think have caused these colds, but mutated from previous years?”...usually Deer in headlights stare...so...I explain...”let’s say you had a coronavirus last year...not covid....but... it was a different one...so how many different types of viruses or “genus” of viruses do you think cause common colds?” Answer is usually 20-100....which is way off...only a handful of viruses cause common colds, approximately 3-5...rhinovirus is by far the most common.....the important point I try to make here is...a virus is a tiny minuscule strip of dna or rna that can change from person to person...so...the idea you can achieve herd immunity from a common cold without a vaccine is probably one of the most unrealistic things you can imagine occurring here...

many will point to Sweden or Brazil, where they tried the herd immunity experiment ...and you simple have to show the number of deaths from covid compared to their neighbors.
    Herd immunity? Not sure why you even bring it up.

With 330 million people that idea would take years to achieve, on a nationwide level, but maybe not locally without a vaccine.

I'm talking about the well known (well known because they were deadly) SARS and MERS corona's not having any immunity lasting 2 years.

The current one is showing a few months, but some of those might not be unique cases as there could have been dormancy fromt he first infection.

Bottom line, there is no reason to expect a lasting immunity with this corona, yet it seems like a lot of news hinges upon it.

Not so sure they're ready to go down the cold vaccine, immunity booster route yet. But hey, if they can cure the common cold, perhaps they will. Or perhaps they won't as it wouldn't be good for the rest of the cold medicine business.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: trobin31

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

I dipped my toes into Trane and Carrier small long term Covid/Indoor play. We'll see.

trobin31

Okay...been waiting for the real 5G roll out...which has now kicked off with Apple phone....unloading here

Insesgo; INSG

price is right.... time is right ....need for 5G mobile hotspots in extreme demand

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2885

I got in on IPOB @ $15.25 and biitched out at just over $19.

Slurry Pumper

OK gold tanked yesterday and so far today it has a little bounce. I'm still waiting. Looks like the **-Flu virus vaccines are turning to shit as we have a few people getting sick which puts the halt on operation warp speed for the time being. Now I hear you can keep getting this thing. So I ask the medical people." Why bother getting a vaccine if the virus just mutates and makes it so I need another vaccine later?" This is like a flu shot thing. Another bloated medical expense the public gets pushed on it every year touting the "shot" so that you are protected against the virus this year. That and now we can never go outside in a democratic state unless we are breaking windows burning down bidnesses, and smashing cop cars.

I'm buying a back hoe and starting my shelter and researching how to make my property seem like a vacant lot.

Also playing the election volatility until around mid November when this stuff starts to settle down.

trobin31

Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post
    I got in on IPOB @ $15.25 and biitched out at just over $19.
    Hard to know where the top is...never go broke taking profits...I’m going to wait for a clear reversal but I think it’s somewhere between 30-50 before we see it... but that is a huge guess

homie1975

D2er, Please check in. Where's that Stim we thought we were getting ??

trobin31

Inseego; INSGO. Spent some time studying this last night. Enables 5G mobile hotspots and cloud solutions to improve 5G connectivity. I think the 5G era has now officially begun now that Apple announced. Chart looks good for a run as well. I grabbed pre-market @10.38. Any thoughts here?

Slurry Pumper

Inseego; INSGO. Spent some time studying this last night. Enables 5G mobile hotspots and cloud solutions to improve 5G connectivity. I think the 5G era has now officially begun now that Apple announced. Chart looks good for a run as well. I grabbed pre-market @10.38. Any thoughts here?
    Don't know much about 5G, but isn't the infrastructure to sustain this technology still being built? If so, aren't all 5G capabilities pretty much on hold until the tech is supported? If so, I'm laying off everything 5G until it gets going. I can see all of these things not taking off if it doesn't give me an advantage right off the bat.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Quote Originally Posted by jonal View Post
    what about the next 30 days?
    500 probably after earnings

First ... 215216217218219220221 ... Last