cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Bobby Waves best poker player here

He will be heavy chalk to win

u could have all the big name poker pros hellmuth gay canadian dude ivey it wouldn't matter at sbr poker blinds are so high final table it's a luck fest

GaryDN
    GaryDN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20008

Wow !!!! :O(

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29970

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Some of you guys are seriously disappointing and this is exactly why I quit playing poker here. How much whining can people possibly do about bloody free poker??? I hope the other amazing forums you play poker at offer you more of what you require because obviously no matter what we do, it’ll never be enough to make some of you happy. What an utter embarrassment.
    Best of luck at the tables.
    "We're doing you a FAVOR, so how can you literally EVER complain about anything we ever choose to do beyond that point."

Yeah, no. SBR doesn't do these promotions as charity. We're not stupid. And yours is the kind of thinking that is utterly cancerous to human progress. Take a step back from it all maybe.

fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17036

isnt rudy the sbr hall monitor? have him police the tables for flipping and timeouts. he loves doing that.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Some of you guys are seriously disappointing and this is exactly why I quit playing poker here. How much whining can people possibly do about bloody free poker??? I hope the other amazing forums you play poker at offer you more of what you require because obviously no matter what we do, it’ll never be enough to make some of you happy. What an utter embarrassment.
    Did you put funnyb in charge of the math here?

Regular schedule:

43 days x 8k pts = 344,000/26.67(pts per $1 in Bitcoin) = $12,898

New Promo:

43 days x 2400 pts + 43,000(Final tourney points) = 146,200/26.67 = $5482 + $2,000(Bitcoin 1st and 2nd place prizes) =

$7,482

You have to do what you have to do SBR, just don't piss on us and tell us it's raining
    Last edited by dlowilly; 01-12-18 at 06:23 PM. Reason: 43 days not 63

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by blankoblanco View Post
    "We're doing you a FAVOR, so how can you literally EVER complain about anything we ever choose to do beyond that point."

Yeah, no. SBR doesn't do these promotions as charity. We're not stupid. And yours is the kind of thinking that is utterly cancerous to human progress. Take a step back from it all maybe.
    How ironic that you used the word cancerous. We’re heading to a memorial service for a 9 year old boy this afternoon who died from cancer. Sweetest boy ever who just loved playing soccer, obsessed over Spiderman and his little brother. THAT is important and warrants being whined about. And if you fail to gain any perspective in your life and this is truly what you feel the desire to whine about, well then I pity you.
    Tell me to step back in a thread full of grown men crying. Yeah ok pal
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BigOrange, qwertvt, and Fire in da hole

qwertvt
    qwertvt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by SBR drew View Post
    The structure is tied to the spring series guys...
    Thank you for the clarification Drew.

Welcome to SBR.

I am pretty sure this thread will last longer than the promotion.

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29970

I feel nothing but sympathy for that boy and for his family and everyone close to him. No child or really anyone deserves such a fate.

And I feel nothing but disdain for you that you used that to try in such pathetic manner to win a petty argument. How utterly sad
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: dlowilly

shari91

Oh and before I start getting ready to leave today, I’ll help you out with one thing because I’m such a lovely and kind girl: Some of you are doing calculations as if this is a YEARLY promo. It’s a SPRING one. So let’s put our thinking caps on, take our protractors out and go back to the start and crunch those numbers again. Stop pretending you have a clue when you can’t even get the most basic principle right.

That my brothers is my gift to you. Don’t say I never give you anything xo

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by blankoblanco View Post
    I feel nothing but sympathy for that boy and for his family and everyone close to him. No child or really anyone deserves such a fate.

And I feel nothing but disdain for you that you used that to try in such pathetic manner to win a petty argument. How utterly sad
    I’m not trying to win an argument. There is no argument. People are crying over a poker promo. Yet bloody again. End of story. What I WAS trying to do was to help you out with a bit of perspective especially when you throw a word like cancerous around so lightly. Now go and disappear for awhile before you actually start to piss me off because I’m telling you today is definitely not the day to push me. Best of luck with our promo

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24020

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

Oh and before I start getting ready to leave today, I’ll help you out with one thing because I’m such a lovely and kind girl: Some of you are doing calculations as if this is a YEARLY promo. It’s a SPRING one. So let’s put our thinking caps on, take our protractors out and go back to the start and crunch those numbers again. Stop pretending you have a clue when you can’t even get the most basic principle right.

That my brothers is my gift to you. Don’t say I never give you anything xo
    is there any way you could post more and we could have jj gold post less
    secondly will you be attending the australian open to watch roger win his 20th grand slam

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quote Originally Posted by funnyb25 View Post
    Keep sucking up bro

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by fried cheese View Post
    isnt rudy the sbr hall monitor? have him police the tables for flipping and timeouts. he loves doing that.
    Sbr is a business

You don't realize that

I'm the one saying pay more and give less

Read the threads

Real easy for a class clown that won 7k to back the hand that doubled his net worth

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Good point. I haven't played limit in years.

Mods, scratch that idea.
    Real fukkin genius

This is why you will never get above a 7/10 poster rating

BOOM

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

It takes currently 2 hrs to finish a tourney with 40 players. It will take 3 hrs with 50 players.

Why not have 5 tourneys of 30 players and only top 4 get paid? Each tourney shouldn't take more than 1 hr to finish.

fried cheese
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    Sbr is a business

You don't realize that

I'm the one saying pay more and give less

Read the threads

Real easy for a class clown that won 7k to back the hand that doubled his net worth
    im backing them yet corrected your low estimate of how many points they were taking away? im just pointing out that its stupid for ppl to constantly complain about poker when they probably arent making money from being poker affiliates and getting trashed at the same time.

RudyRuetigger

im backing them yet corrected your low estimate of how many points they were taking away? im just pointing out that its stupid for ppl to constantly complain about poker when they probably arent making money from being poker affiliates and getting trashed at the same time.
    OK so maybe read my posts on how to make sbr poker great again instead of wasting your time saying stupid shit

fried cheese
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    It takes currently 2 hrs to finish a tourney with 40 players. It will take 3 hrs with 50 players.

Why not have 5 tourneys of 30 players and only top 4 get paid? Each tourney shouldn't take more than 1 hr to finish.
    blinds are the main thing that determine tourney length. 30 or 50 players wont make much of a difference for the tourney length.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

blinds are the main thing that determine tourney length. 30 or 50 players wont make much of a difference for the tourney length.
    OK then. Make the blinds raise more frequently. I do not have 2.5 hrs every day to play poker. I know many here are single and unemployed but some of us have families and work.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!

Make them all Turbo....NOT SUPER TURBO....just TURBO

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Did you put funnyb in charge of the math here?

Regular schedule:

63 days x 8k pts = 504,000/26.67(pts per $1 in Bitcoin) = $18,897

New Promo:

63 days x 2400 pts + 43,000(Final tourney points) = 194,200/26.67 = $7282 + $2,000(Bitcoin 1st and 2nd place prizes) =

$9,282

You have to do what you have to do SBR, just don't piss on us and tell us it's raining
    Oh wow

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9233

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post

It doesn't sound like you play much Pavy. it takes about 90 mins to win a tourney now and will still take that long with 50 instead of 40 starters, due to the blinds. And I don't think those who like playing for the poker want the blinds to go up faster than they already do.

30 starters wont make much difference to the tourney time either.

qwertvt

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    It doesn't sound like you play much Pavy. it takes about 90 mins to win a tourney now and will still take that long with 50 instead of 40 starters, due to the blinds. And I don't think those who like playing for the poker want the blinds to go up faster than they already do.

30 starters wont make much difference to the tourney time either.
    I respectfully disagree Optional.

I like the game to have some skill. If you raise the blinds too quickly, then it’s a matter of who survives the hurdle of all-ins.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9233

Quote Originally Posted by qwertvt View Post

I respectfully disagree Optional.

I like the game to have some skill. If you raise the blinds too quickly, then it’s a matter of who survives the hurdle of all-ins.
    I think you might have misunderstood me. I was saying we do NOT want blinds to increase faster to shorten tournies. Well those of us that like playing the poker.

ballahollic2
    Update your status
    ballahollic2's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10716

Quote Originally Posted by SBR drew View Post
    The structure is tied to the spring series guys...

Thanks for the clarification on that Drew. I can get behind a limited series where the structure changes.

I just think the qualifying part of it is flawed. There is literally no incentive or difference in qualifying 1st and qualifying in 100th. All the hard work comes down to essentially 1 semi luck filled tournament and there is no bonus for qualifying near the top. I think the whole idea would be better if the end tournament prizes were altered and the top 10 qualifiers were rewarded with a point or $ bonus. That would get everyone more motivated to play daily. I'd rather the main tournament have $1250 of it go towards the final tournament and $750 spread out to the top 3 qualifiers. Take like 35% of the final tournament point pool and have that go towards finishers 4-10. Keep $1250 for the final and 65% of the points. Something along those lines gets everyone motivated all series.

SBR puts out the same exact amount but creates a real poker room building/competitive series.
    Last edited by ballahollic2; 01-12-18 at 06:08 PM.

qwertvt

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I think you might have misunderstood me. I was saying we do NOT want blinds to increase faster to shorten tournies. Well those of us that like playing the poker.
    I did misunderstand. My apologies.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

I always thought SBRs daily point structure for their tournaments was extremely generous, I didn't understand how such an outlay could possibly be profitable. If that has come to an end, so be it, thanks for keeping it running for as long as you did.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Oh and before I start getting ready to leave today, I’ll help you out with one thing because I’m such a lovely and kind girl: Some of you are doing calculations as if this is a YEARLY promo. It’s a SPRING one. So let’s put our thinking caps on, take our protractors out and go back to the start and crunch those numbers again.
    Who did that? Over the 43 days of the promo, instead of $12,898 in prizes there will be $7,482. That's calculated for those 43 days, not the whole year.

Once again, there is nothing to complain about since it's all free anyway, just please don't try to Funnyb us and say 2+2=5

Personally I do think something should be done about weeding out the free rolling poker zombies on here who never post and have never made a sports bet in their life, I just think there are better ways to do it.
    Last edited by dlowilly; 01-12-18 at 06:39 PM.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!

Just another FANTASTIC Promo offered by SBR

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5964

Quote Originally Posted by funnyb25 View Post
    Just another FANTASTIC Promo offered by SBR

What a bunch of spoiled brats anyone complaining is. They don't appreciate money for nothing.

They should all be disqualified right off the bat.

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 287

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Personally I do think something should be done about weeding out the free rolling poker zombies on here who never post and have never made a sports bet in their life, I just think there are better ways to do it.
    This, there are a bunch of people who play daily but never post anything on here.

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 287

Quote Originally Posted by stevek173 View Post

What a bunch of spoiled brats anyone complaining is. They don't appreciate money for nothing.

They should all be disqualified right off the bat.
    Who doesn't complain when they are offered a worse deal than before?

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5600

First off, I'm sorry to hear about the news about the child's funeral you have to go to. I do you feel bad for you. Loss of life at a young thing is a horrible situation.

However, for the poker situation, you have to see what happened through our eyes. As others had mentioned, we were led to believe great things were coming in 2018. Several posts were made referring this. Then the announcement came and it was completely opposite. So did you guys expect us to jump for joy?

Instead of the hype, if there would have been an announcement saying here is the new promo and due to lack of funding/care/(or whatever you may want to put here), this is the new format....it would have been understood and accepted much more by the community. To blame this on us and that we are not appreciative, is certainly the wrong thing to do. You sold us on the hype.

As for SBR, I have always come here because:

1. I can get my poker fix and possibly win some prizes. I know it's not a lot in the big scheme of things, but it's still worth it. I also know it cost SBR money to run poker. I feel I try to give back by wearing my SBR gear when in Vegas or our local casinos. I always talk positively about the site and tell others to check it out. In fact I've posted before that SBR should have more gear...ie sweatshirt/hoodies. I would love to wear that in a few weeks while I'm in Vegas for SB weekend. The last two shirt releases (the breaking bad and PBR version), I purchased and have worn with pride. So to say the poker community doesn't support the site is wrong.

2. The people....I've met some cool people with interest similar to myself. I've enjoyed the two bashes I've been to and had a great time at our poker get together last year. Some of these people will hopefully be life long friends and we will continue to do things in the future.

With that said...I think all of us in the poker community just want true and honest communication going forward. If the news isn't great....fine we will understand. Just don't treat us like we are ignorant. All that will do is drive people away from the site.

First 1234567 ... Last