franklee168's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17053

Meet you at the .01-.02 table BO.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post
    Poker was good here from May 2015 through about the end of 2016.

The cash games were good with me, Bite, Triple, Tat, SteveK, Milertime, Sin, Beerdog, Rudy when he wasn't point broke, Optional and a few others playing 2/4, 3/6, 5/10 every night. All of these guys would play whether they had rollovers or not. These players would buy in with full buy ins at least 2-3 times and the games were good.

Since then, half of the above mentioned players have quit playing or they just show up with a rollover and try to clear it and run. Most of the forum either flips or plays in the split pot O8 game to clear their rollovers and leave.

I haven't cared about the daily tournament or promos because I haven't needed them to generate points like most of the guys here. I could generate all I want/need in the cash games until they dried up.

I enjoy beating up on the cash games while I am watching TV at night so I hope we can get them going again but as long as the majority of our current Poker players are dependent on daily tournaments prizes to have enough points to sit down and play the cash games, it is going to keep dying. Short stacking and flipping have definitely had a negative effect on the cash games.

I would like to see Flipping banned and the minimum buy in raised to 50 big blinds. Also I would like to see the 5/10 table return.

Drew I don't see an issue with the new Promo and it's format. Like I said I don't need the Daily tournaments to generate points anyway and I like the fact that the Promo is giving out some cash. I don't know if I'll play enough dailies to qualify but I appreciate that you guys having the Promo going. Hopefully you will listen to the few guys here that are "real" poker players and the structure for the final tournament will be better than the past ones where it was an all-in shove fest after 20 minutes of play because of the bad structure.
    that's because u can see other players hole cards and catch cards like god
    Points Awarded:

louisvillekid gave cincinnatikid513 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    My objection to Bobbbywaves was his constant promotion of the idea.
    Not sure how I'm "constantly promoting" flipping, when I haven't created any threads regarding the topic.

When someone else creates a flipping thread with questions or looking for a partner, why wouldn't I comment?

I'm a proponent of flipping since it's allowed & I value time, but I'm obviously not constantly promoting it as you suggest.

BigOrange
    BigOrange's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5465

Quote Originally Posted by franklee168 View Post
    Meet you at the .01-.02 table BO.
    How about 1/2? I am there now Frankie!

BigOrange

Quote Originally Posted by bobbywaves View Post
    Not sure how I'm "constantly promoting" flipping, when I haven't created any threads regarding the topic.

When someone else creates a flipping thread with questions or looking for a partner, why wouldn't I comment?

I'm a proponent of flipping since it's allowed & I value time, but I'm obviously not constantly promoting it as you suggest.
    You constantly say that your reason for flipping is that you value your time but all of the real poker players know the truth. The truth is that your time has no value and you are afraid to put your points at risk on the cash tables. All you are interested in is season long most cashes contest because your life is so sad that you won't miss a tournament all year and you will fold to min cash instead of trying to actually win tournaments.

I hope they keep the 50 player and pay top 8 places for the dailies after the promo. This will make it harder for you nits to fold your way to a cash!

sinmiedo
    sinmiedo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 369

You constantly say that your reason for flipping is that you value your time but all of the real poker players know the truth. The truth is that your time has no value and you are afraid to put your points at risk on the cash tables. All you are interested in is season long most cashes contest because your life is so sad that you won't miss a tournament all year and you will fold to min cash instead of trying to actually win tournaments.

I hope they keep the 50 player and pay top 8 places for the dailies after the promo. This will make it harder for you nits to fold your way to a cash!
    youp, he is nickname is not longer Bobbywaves, for a long time his nick has been FOLDINGWAVES
    never expect him on a cash table, hic constant diarrhea just for been seating on it will send him to the toilet unless he wears a diaper.

bobbywaves

Coming from a guy who has cashed out 13k compared to my 162k. Bottom line, my generating skills are better than yours.

Fact is, you could play every day & still never beat me on annual leaderboard.

BigOrange

Coming from a guy who has cashed out 13k compared to my 162k. Bottom line, my generating skills are better than yours.

I have no interest in playing everyday but I will play you heads up for rolls any day you wish. You have run from this challenge several times because you are a coward.

bobbywaves

I have no interest in playing everyday but I will play you heads up for rolls any day you wish. You have run from this challenge several times because you are a coward.
    You shouldn't have to play every day to beat me in annual challenge. Since according to you, the new format favors your style over mine.

But since you're a coward, you won't accept.

BigOrange

Let me know when you get some balls and want to play Heads up for rolls Bobby. You only have a pitiful 5670 points right now so it's not like you can lose that much but you are still a coward to play me or any other poker player here.

sinmiedo

coming from a guy who has cashed out 13k compared to my 162k. Bottom line, my generating skills are better than yours.

162k lololol

i have 205000 in store purchases. and I only play poker
    you are way behind

bobbywaves

Quote Originally Posted by sinmiedo View Post
    I only play poker
    I already know you only play poker, you're a scared bitch to bet any sports.

sinmiedo

no time for sports betting, my days a full with family and business activities.
    Are you familiar with that? poker is my entertainment

Enkhbat
    Enkhbat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26331

I think we all know that bobby is the scared bitch.

Anyway I like all the changes they made except reducing the prize pool to 800.

Triple_D_Bet
    Triple_D_Bet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
    All our years bud and I've never disagreed with you, possibly until now.

1. Firstly they aren't "free" As I stated previously, we pay to be pros. We visit the site and click links, sign up for various sponsors which gives them money. Users post most of the content on the site which drives traffic which increases ad revenue.

2. I am confused on how having running table games vs people flipping would change the dynamics of the profit margin and sponsorships. They would advertise to a site "We have x amount of active players" Not necessarily what those active players may be doing on the tables.

3. They will never ban it, plain and simple. They can't. You'd have to have a nearly full time person monitoring the tables. Not happening

4. I've play with actual points now, my rollover is finally complete after months of catching up, but I know what you are saying, most people rollover and bounce. I wouldn't even put it at 20 people who use real points to play.

5. You're trying to poke the bear and trigger with the last paragraph, which is unlike you. We don't do it because we don't want to play, but it takes an enormous amount of time to rollover thousands of points and it's an effective and efficient system. It makes the mob mad, but it works.

"Puts us in that company". If you ever browse players talk and give a shit what these dumb penetrates think of you, you need to re-evaluate your life.

6. Delete some private messages for God's sake
    Generally speaking, if you never disagree with someone, it's only because you don't know em well enough...glad we finally got there

1) Sure, change 'free' to 'a ridiculously huge return to the point where they're virtually free'...with the overlays involved, it's more or less the same thing, and not like poker is the only benefit to membership.

2) They could advertise X active players, but what those players are doing is relevant to keeping people around. Saying 'we have 100 active players' won't do much when new people see that 50% are flipping and unwilling to play poker; the new players will (rightfully) conclude that it isn't worth their time and leave.

3) Given Drew's statement, 'never' seems like too strong of a statement. Certainly a challenge given assumed capabilities of software, but it remains that if they don't, it will continue to undermine the purpose of handing out poker points.

4) Yeah, 20 was a generous estimate of who has played with real points/for fun over the years...I don't do so anymore myself. Hell, I'm still losing rollovers because I can't find the time/interest to get on here and roll em over

5) I'm actually pretty fond of provoking debates (or 'argumentative shitshows' ), but not really trying here. I'm acknowledging that flipping being against the spirit of what SBR is trying for probably isn't enough by itself to keep people from doing it. Until they ban it, I wouldn't judge someone as a terrible person for flipping for example. As for the company, that's just a comment that associating with people too scared to play cash games doesn't make you one, but doesn't look good...same as associating with stiffs, or morons (and it doesn't help when the biggest advocate for flipping is all three )

6. Funny you should mention it, the only reason I logged on today was to delete some! Too busy lately to even refresh my browser to log in daily...a thriving poker community would certainly change that for me, but we'll see.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_D_Bet View Post
    Generally speaking, if you never disagree with someone, it's only because you don't know em well enough...glad we finally got there

1) Sure, change 'free' to 'a ridiculously huge return to the point where they're virtually free'...with the overlays involved, it's more or less the same thing, and not like poker is the only benefit to membership.

2) They could advertise X active players, but what those players are doing is relevant to keeping people around. Saying 'we have 100 active players' won't do much when new people see that 50% are flipping and unwilling to play poker; the new players will (rightfully) conclude that it isn't worth their time and leave.

3) Given Drew's statement, 'never' seems like too strong of a statement. Certainly a challenge given assumed capabilities of software, but it remains that if they don't, it will continue to undermine the purpose of handing out poker points.

4) Yeah, 20 was a generous estimate of who has played with real points/for fun over the years...I don't do so anymore myself. Hell, I'm still losing rollovers because I can't find the time/interest to get on here and roll em over

5) I'm actually pretty fond of provoking debates (or 'argumentative shitshows' ), but not really trying here. I'm acknowledging that flipping being against the spirit of what SBR is trying for probably isn't enough by itself to keep people from doing it. Until they ban it, I wouldn't judge someone as a terrible person for flipping for example. As for the company, that's just a comment that associating with people too scared to play cash games doesn't make you one, but doesn't look good...same as associating with stiffs, or morons (and it doesn't help when the biggest advocate for flipping is all three )

6. Funny you should mention it, the only reason I logged on today was to delete some! Too busy lately to even refresh my browser to log in daily...a thriving poker community would certainly change that for me, but we'll see.
    Love ya man! This is my last post on it. I'll pm you

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Is flipping really that rampant?

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Poker was good here from May 2015 through about the end of 2016.

The cash games were good with me, Bite, Triple, Tat, SteveK, Milertime, Sin, Beerdog, Rudy when he wasn't point broke, Optional and a few others playing 2/4, 3/6, 5/10 every night. All of these guys would play whether they had rollovers or not. These players would buy in with full buy ins at least 2-3 times and the games were good.
    You forgot the betpoint golden goose and SBR Poker legend TheCentaur. Guy would blow off 1000s at a time trying to prove biter was cheating and provided such entertainment while doing it.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Quote Originally Posted by GUMMO77 View Post
    Is flipping really that rampant?
    Sounds like something a flipper would say to keep Drew off his trail

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    You forgot the betpoint golden goose and SBR Poker legend TheCentaur. Guy would blow off 1000s at a time trying to prove biter was cheating and provided such entertainment while doing it.
    I miss Bite.

I would love to know how that guy is doing.

bobbywaves

Quote Originally Posted by Enkhbat View Post
    I think we all know that bobby is the scared bitch.
    How about an annual leaderboard bet?

That's what I thought scared bitch.

bobbywaves

Let me know when you get some balls and want to play Heads up for rolls Bobby. You only have a pitiful 5670 points right now so it's not like you can lose that much but you are still a coward to play me or any other poker player here.
    Yet I cashed out 149k more than you. Keep spending hours grinding away at those cash games chump, while cashing out nothing. Noble work you're doing.

Let me know when you get some balls and want an annual leaderboard bet.

Enkhbat
    Enkhbat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26331

Lets have an annual bet Bobby, with the new format you shouldn't be that confident.

looks like we are both not in the top 15 right now so it is a fair bet. What amount you wanna bet?

I am definitely not scared of you nit.

Sam Losco
    Sam Losco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13690

Chaoz statements were correct, nothing you post will change my opinion.

Remove my access on what grounds exactly, because you don't like me? As you know, it was clearly stated flipping is ok.

If & when there's a change to the flipping policy, I'll abide by it. Hard to flip moving forward, when prize distribution places & pts will be drastically cut.

Until there's a change in the current flipping policy, putting me on blast for doing something that's allowed was simply uncalled for.
    i guess you missed where drew said its frowned upon and they are currently looking at ways to address dealing with it

SBR Drew
    SBR Drew's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Losco View Post
    i guess you missed where drew said its frowned upon and they are currently looking at ways to address dealing with it
    We are looking at all aspects of Poker and the overall structure of Events, SBR book and the like. Remember we are in mid January plenty of time to read feedback and improve the product. Think about is...in one week we already promoted the SBR Spring Poker Event, and Super Bowl Squares Pool. With March Madness approaching these will be more offers and events going live.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Quote Originally Posted by SBR drew View Post
    We are looking at all aspects of Poker and the overall structure of Events, SBR book and the like. Remember we are in mid January plenty of time to read feedback and improve the product. Think about is...in one week we already promoted the SBR Spring Poker Event, and Super Bowl Squares Pool. With March Madness approaching these will be more offers and events going live.
    Drew, something should be done for the world cup this summer. Something similar to the bowl game contest would be nice.

playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

Anyone want to play some ring games 1/2? I am at the table now with 80 points to try and roll

phinfan27615
    phinfan27615's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Quote Originally Posted by playersonly69 View Post
    Anyone want to play some ring games 1/2? I am at the table now with 80 points to try and roll
    Let's pay .25/.50 blinds if you dont mind

SBR Drew
    SBR Drew's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    Drew, something should be done for the world cup this summer. Something similar to the bowl game contest would be nice.
    That is in queue to be addressed. If you keep reading my posts here you will see that changes are happening for the better. It is only Jan...we have a long way to go. I cant reveal the exact road map but rest assured that WC is in the plans.

bobbywaves

Quote Originally Posted by Enkhbat View Post
    Lets have an annual bet Bobby, with the new format you shouldn't be that confident.

looks like we are both not in the top 15 right now so it is a fair bet. What amount you wanna bet?

I am definitely not scared of you nit.
    Post your current annual total fish. Whoever’s total is greater we spot the difference, to start bet even.

I’ll bet up to 2k, saving 3k for pro renewal. Be advised I require post up, when dealing with anyone I deem a risk to pay.

bobbywaves

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Losco View Post
    Apparently you missed the part where SBR said it’s currently allowed.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by SBR drew View Post
    That is in queue to be addressed. If you keep reading my posts here you will see that changes are happening for the better. It is only Jan...we have a long way to go. I cant reveal the exact road map but rest assured that WC is in the plans.
    do a WC contest, go to twitch(almost 70k watching fifa18 right now and not a peak hour) and pay for some sponsorship on top channels, get a bunch of new users, retain some by laying out benefits like btp/btb.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Quote Originally Posted by sinmiedo View Post
    no time for sports betting, my days a full with family and business activities.
    Are you familiar with that? poker is my entertainment
    I think this is what SBR needs to get rid of

People who are here solely for poker freebies. They never bet on sports, never post about anything other than an occasional idea for more or better poker promos. They tell their other poker only friends about the place, and next thing you know you have what we have now: The poker tourneys filled with players you never see or hear from elsewhere on the forum.

SBR has to dial back the poker because it's a loss leader that generates nothing for the site. Get rid of these leeches through mandatory sportsbook deposits or posting minimums and SBR can reduce the overall expense of poker without reducing the benefit for valuable members.
    Points Awarded:

RudyRuetigger gave dlowilly 4 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: RudyRuetigger

bobbywaves

Agree, poker only leeches like Sinmiedo is a problem. Guys like him only congest the tables & contribute nothing.

Congrats on winning your annual leaderboard bet by kicking the Canucks ass str8 up, you didn’t even need the pt spread.
    Last edited by bobbywaves; 01-17-18 at 04:45 PM.

First ... 6789101112 ... Last