JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11889

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Every company that thinks they are tapping in to an unreached consumer audience by going ghetto continually gets hammered. Whether it's a business strategy or a philosophical motivation it just doesn't work, drug dealers and single parent homes with halfrican children running around aren't quality consumers unless it's shoes or diapers.
    It's true the average sports watching working family that come home from work don't want to watch YO YO YO, BLing Bling ghetto rap stuff.. They will tune out on that in a heart beat...

You can target that crowd only in the day time hours for those that are on welfare, don't work that have their tv's on at 12 noon time.. That's why those shows like Jerry Springer and some black court shows work so well.. They target the lazy ghetto unemployed sloths in those afternoon time slots. There is a huge viewing audience that will tune into that garbage in the daytime working hours...

Jerry Springer was smart as hell to tap into that.. Made him filthy rich..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 11-29-17 at 03:13 PM.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    It's true the average sports watching working family that come home from work don't want to watch YO YO YO, BLing Bling ghetto rap stuff.. They will tune out on that in a heart beat...
    Exactly. We know that these fuks on at 6PM don't know anything about gambling or sports.

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

If ESPN had any balls they'd replace "The Six" with a show that was exclusively about gambling and talked about the lines and handicapped upcoming games. People will watch if they think they'll have a chance to make money.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

Quote Originally Posted by mrpapageorgio View Post
    If ESPN had any balls they'd replace "The Six" with a show that was exclusively about gambling and talked about the lines and handicapped upcoming games. People will watch if they think they'll have a chance to make money.
    makes too much sense

7deuceoff$uit
    7deuceoff$uit's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 460

Quote Originally Posted by vitterd View Post
    Espn ratings decline, along with the nfl, has nothing to do with some phony liberal agenda the right wing invents. It’s the way young people are now and how they watch their sports and get their news.
    You may have a point when it comes to how young people watch their sports, though I would assume ESPN could account for ratings from streaming services (i.e. sling), but you are living with the your head in in the sand if you do not not think ESPN is pushing people/ideas on their network that promote a liberal agenda. This isn't anything new either. I started to notice it back in 2009, and I'm sure it was happening before that. The only reason this agenda thing sounds so new now is because everything in today's climate is political. I blame that witch who corrupted Kaepernick's mind and cheated on Aldon Smith.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    makes too much sense
    leagues have too much influence on the network, which wouldn't allow it, although id definitely watch. I listen to Stanford stoves podcast, guy knows his stuff in regards to college football. made some nice money with some of his advice.
    Last edited by shocka1212; 11-29-17 at 04:52 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I'll admit I use to watch sportscenter highlights.. Specific cable sports channels I think stole the ESPN spot light.

For example - I stopped watching Sports center highlights and Pardon the Interruption shows in favor of these below which are far better and cover everything... I set the DVR and record all of these below.. Shoot thru them either late at night or in the early morning time..

- I watch MLB tonight show on the MLBNHD directv channel in season play for updates, highlights, winning and player trends..

- I watch NFL total access on the NFLHD network.. I'll also tune into INSIDE THE NFL on HBO or Showtime.. All for highlights, opinions and updates..

- I watch NHL tonight and On the fly on NHLHD network for hockey updates, injuries and trends also..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 11-29-17 at 04:55 PM.

Mr. Teaser
    Go Terps/Nats/Skins
    Mr. Teaser's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6161

SVP is the only thing they have left.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Teaser View Post
    SVP is the only thing they have left.
    And that's actually pretty sad...

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

i used to dislike chris berman and tom jackson but the new sunday countdown is un watchable and coming next year greenberg is going to have his own morning tv show that's going to be a shitshow

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Foxx View Post
    That's a shame. Just in time for the holidays.
    Isn’t better to be let go before rather than after you dumped a shit load of money on gifts?

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

Good talent all gone. Number one host is Colin cowherd. Guess where he works?

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

jjgold should send in an audition video

TheMoneyShot

probably would make it. Ratings would increase.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

If I were in charge of ESPN I would make it a comedy network mixed with sports and bring about other new sports shows with big names. You see how TNT and Inside the NBA works with Kenny, Shaq and Ernie.. They won awards....

Gotta bring is some lively new characters to mix things up. Pay them to come in. Try something new before it all goes down the shitter, because what they are doing now is not working obviously.. They are shrinking and folding.. Put me in charge of that ESPN crap and I will turn it around with something new and alive. Gotta shake things up to make it work and rebound.. I'd get very creative.. New shows that turn heads.. New strong personalities with big names to host the new shows..

Advertise and launch...

ESPN has the money to bring in new big names now but they won't for long... The old producers and founders won't turn a page.. Gotta grow and adapt with the times..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 11-29-17 at 09:08 PM.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I never thought FS1 would even come close to ESPN. Now, I'm tuning into FS1 more than ESPN.

Just can't believe it.
    This for days. They just went and got all of ESPNS talent. NFL network was the same. So cringe worthy at first, but they hijacked talent

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Espn should be firing every black person that doesn't speak proper English on all their shows.. That would be a good start to getting them back on the right track.. It's not the Liberal Dems that were the main viewing audience, it's the meat and potato Trump voters that use to tune in to ESPN...

ESPN needs to desperately get smart white sport figures that really know their sports hosting the shows.. Not stupid blacks that can barely speak English and or stupid black athletes that have limited verbal skills with big names.. White America will tune out on that.. That's what we are seeing.. ESPN folding now..

I'm not being racist either as I'm just keeping it real.. My take anyways...
    hmm. funny you say that. guess who tried that route? fox sports. and no one watched. which is why they now feature skip and shannon, hired the very open Cowherd, and now are promoting C. Carter and Nick Wright. if you all want race related television, go back to the 60s. those terrible shows on espn outrank every other sports show on every other network. They are suffering a rise and fall that many conglomerates often do in changing times. but despite your hopes, they are strong enough to withstand this along with disney and abc. for a bunch of guys complaining about whiney bitching, you typically sound like a bunch of bitches whining.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    hmm. funny you say that. guess who tried that route? fox sports. and no one watched. which is why they now feature skip and shannon, hired the very open Cowherd, and now are promoting C. Carter and Nick Wright. if you all want race related television, go back to the 60s. those terrible shows on espn outrank every other sports show on every other network. They are suffering a rise and fall that many conglomerates often do in changing times. but despite your hopes, they are strong enough to withstand this along with disney and abc. for a bunch of guys complaining about whiney bitching, you typically sound like a bunch of bitches whining.
    Who gave you permission to get out of your coffin? You lying buffoon

all i have to do is watch a few episodes of forensic files to see what white people do to their wives, husbands, co-workers, KIDS, etc. sometimes it's for a couple dollars in insurance money. other times it's because they are sick fukks. A blonde head chick gutted her kids for no reason. so for the op to make this about race when it was just a disgusting crime is the real ignorance. So we can saloon ur shit fukkin child molesting, murdering there own family, serial rapist and serial murdering race as well. see how that shit works.

and whites are more likely to rape their children. kill their moms. moms kill their kids. dads fukk their daughters. all the most disgusting of all crimes. kill random people they have never even seen. The murdering blacks you speak of kill those in their circle. typically other gang members, criminals etc. one is far worse and much more disgusting.
    Originally Posted by eidolon
    Throwing out heinous crimes with no data but just hate towards one race. Racist much buddy?
    so you havent seen any of this? blind lately? see the news this morning? shit don't stop.
    lol. rare my ass. show was on at least 15 years and you could watch the shit all day and see plenty of instances of this sickness. so you're saying the show discriminates against whites? no, they show the most heinous and disgusting crimes against children and family members. just happens to be the folks that are committing them look like you.
    You would have to work hard to find stats that prove incest and pedophilia aren't much more common in whites, as well as domestic murders. you can go ahead and try and embarrass yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Well I'm sorry to do this to you Kingdumb, but here is a link to the FBI crime statistics by race from 2016. Are you going to try to discredit the FBI too? Before you stain your underwear, look all the way to the right, or download the whole thing to excel. They have a separate category for Hispanic now which has to be subtracted from the white statistics. A very small percentage (~2.5%) of Hispanics in the US are black, so black numbers will remain virtually unaffected.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...ables/table-43

Important numbers:

Percent of rapes by Whites: 68.0% - 26.8%(Hispanic or Latino Rape) = 41.2% Whites were 61.27 % of US pop. in 2016

Percent of rapes by Blacks: 28.2% Blacks were 14.5% of US pop. in 2016

Percent of offenses against family and children by Whites: 65.8% - 12.2%(Hispanic or Latino) = 53.6%

Percent of offenses against family and children by Blacks: 29.8% This is particularly shocking since in most black households the male is absent

Percent of sex offenses (except rape or prostitution) by Whites: 73.1% - 24.8%(Hispanic or Latino) = 48.3%

Percent of sex offenses (except rape or prostitution) by Blacks: 29.8%

Now I realize you will either completely ignore this or be unable to grasp the meaning of it, so I mostly posted this for other posters who came to your funeral service.

Kingdom, you're really stupid, but you're extremely stubborn too. That's a very unfortunate combination for you and for anyone who tries to talk to you.

You are dead. You are buried. Now shut the fuk up
    You're such an idiot KingDumb!

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57565

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    It all started with that stupid sportscenter show at 6PM.

Trying to be all hip with sports???

Gamblers don't want to watch a nursery school in progress. Be real.
    You know what is really horrendous is that Fantasy football show in the afternoons with Mathew Berry. The guy knows his shit but the show is absolutely unwatchable! So cartoonish with "secret squirrel", etc - wtf... NFL network fantasy show not much better but at least you get some info.

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    There just keeping the ghetto people that’s good for all of us then it’s going to go bankrupt
    STFU.

That is my standard answer for your foolishness and shenanigans. Embarrassment to modding.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    There just keeping the ghetto people that’s good for all of us then it’s going to go bankrupt

temple2010
    temple2010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4189

I don't even watch gameday anymore (same show every week)- horrible network, horrible shows-I just watch the games

SEKTAUR
    SEKTAUR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19046

Why do some of you like SVP? Hes an annoying arrogant prick. He should just stick to covering golf since nobody gives a shit about that sport anymore.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by SEKTAUR View Post
    Why do some of you like SVP? Hes an annoying arrogant prick. He should just stick to covering golf since nobody gives a shit about that sport anymore.
    What are you? More of a Jemele Hill kind of guy?

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Is there a list of these people fired yet?

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

ESPN probably fired the predator which is no problem because the predator franchise is being rebooted so it will have work for a few movies.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

The MTV Hip Hop was good in the 90's early 2000's because the majority white youth wanted to act black as it was cool...

Not many white youth into being black today??
    Last edited by PAULYPOKER; 11-30-17 at 08:23 PM.

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

It's pretty hard to get emotional about ESPN troubles. It wasn't broke, but they sure tried to fix it.

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    The MTV Hip Hop was good in the 90's early 2000's because the majority white youth wanted to act black as it was cool...

Finally some good news.

SEKTAUR
    SEKTAUR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19046

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    What are you? More of a Jemele Hill kind of guy?
    Definitely not. But I guess your a DrPhil guy LOL weirdo

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Harry N. Lloyd View Post
    Finally some good news.

Ralphie Halves

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post

I think the white guys acting black finally got laughed off the planet.

Then again, when I went back to St Louis for two weeks, I still saw a few. My best friend in high school is 40 now and still sells weed. It was mostly guys he ran with.

eswerve4
    eswerve4's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3821

Overpaying for the nba deal killed them. They fire the wrong talent too which is a laugh.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Quote Originally Posted by eswerve4 View Post
    Overpaying for the nba deal killed them. They fire the wrong talent too which is a laugh.
    John gruden is their highest paid employee... no joke here. That's the joke

Ralphie Halves

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    John gruden is their highest paid employee... no joke here. That's the joke
    I don't think that's too crazy. As a personality, he does more for them than anyone else does.

First 123 Last