Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Whewwwwwwww.........I almost had a heart attack watching the 4th Quarter of the Falcons/Bears game.
    Is Chicago actually going to be decent, or did they just show up Week 1?

Either way, I'm still alive, and 480 of the 2515 entries got eliminated.

Regul8er
    Wordd

I want to avoid touching Baltimore and Seattle this week, as they have a number of relatively easy home games in the next month or so.

Oakland's schedule looks to be pretty tough as does Carolina's. Might go 2 on Oakland, or split between Oakland and Carolina.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47529

All the square Atlanta backers got a miracle yesterday

would have been nice to clear a chunk of the field

SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6404

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post
    I want to avoid touching Baltimore and Seattle this week, as they have a number of relatively easy home games in the next month or so.

Oakland's schedule looks to be pretty tough as does Carolina's. Might go 2 on Oakland, or split between Oakland and Carolina.
    Didn't you learn your lesson week 1 with Atlanta. Don't put both entries on 1 team hahahaha

Regul8er
    Wordd

lol......ya, probably going to split it up between Oakland and Carolina.
    Too stressful.

SamsNCharge99

I atill lean seattle oakland and baltimore for this week. MAYBE DOuble up oakland and do 1 with seattle

SamsNCharge99

Final picks seattle baltimore and oakland for my 3 entries

SamsNCharge99

pretty easy week for eliminator. No upsets, we only had 3 entries go down. 2 had Cincy on Thursday and 1 went with the Cowboys.

Week 3 initially looks tough

SamsNCharge99

WOW. Here comes an interesting week. For me, i plan all 17 weeks in advance and I try to save top teams as long as possible before using them. I hope that people take the popular teams early so that later on they are panicking and I'm in a good spot.

Well this week is that scenario for sure....

NE -13 over Houston. The obvious choice for obvious reasons. NE back on track after losing at home week 1. Brady is still a beast and back at home against a rookie QB, NE should have no problems. If you can hold off on NE though, you will have advantage in the future.

GBAY -9 over Cincy. The 2nd popular pick of the week. Again, GBay will have many opportunities during the year. So if you can avoid them, try to find a spot. Gbay back at home after loss on road against Falcons. Offense wise, Jordy might be hurt, but they still have a ton of weapons. Cincy hasn't scored a TD all season, so GBay should win this game and shouldn't have problems.

Next biggest spread would be Pitt -7.5 AT Bears. This goes against my away team rule. But for those who don't use that rule, this isn't an awful spot. Betting against bears, jets, browns are always a popular choice. The only thing I say about Pitt is that they are weaker on the road than at home.

Miami -6 at NYJets. I hate this 100%. No way am I touching Miami. They got lucky and beat SD on the road yesterday due to missed FG. They weren't impressive in any way shape or form, but the Jets are equally horrible. If you trust and have to take Miami week 3 in elminator, then go and take that gamble. no chance for me.

Carolina -6 home to New Orleans. Another game I personally won't touch. NO offense can compete with anyone, their defense is obvious issue. They scored a bunch against NE and still got blown out. Carolina offense was shaky yesterday but good looking defense. Greg olsen just broke his foot as well and he's one of Cam Newton's favorite targets. I just won't touch this divisional match up as there will be better spots.

As of now, those are the only games with spreads 6 or higher. I am going to throw another game out there that I personally like.

Phily -3 home to GMen. That line is subject to change I imagine based on MNF tonight. Obviously it also depends on OBJ as well. but Phily at home who really didn't look bad yesterday in Arrowhead. Giants didn't show up week 1 in Dallas and we will see what happens tonight, but if they look awful tonight and OBJ out, I'm liking Phily.

I am really going to try and avoid NE and Gbay but it certainly will be hard this week. I have 3 entries and will see what happens as the week goes on.

SamsNCharge99

After last nights game, I love Phily home to the Giants. I'm using them for sure in one of my entries. Still figuring out the other 2 entries. I don't want to use GBay or NE, but as of now, I have them being used,

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Never go off last week's games because as we all know every week is a new week in the NFL

Houston might just shut down Brady you just don't know

Regul8er
    Wordd

I'm leaning on using Green Bay and potentially Baltimore. These London games always worry me.....trying to avoid using New England as well. Carolina may be an option for me....New Orleans is pretty bad.

SamsNCharge99

I'm going with NE in entry 1 and Phily for entry 2 and entry 3.

Only 3 were eliminated last week in mine, stil have 292 entries

Fatal1ty
    Fatal1ty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 390

9ers have beaten Rams what, 6 straight? Hyde due for big week. Balls play is get SF taken care of in what amounts to a coin flip week unless you puss out and burn NE or GB, which as stated is not even a sure thing.

cricketer
    cricketer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 282

Any picks for this week.

Arizona looks a good bet against San francisco

SamsNCharge99

I thought the thread was deleted. But here we go

lets talk week 4.

I still have 3 entries left. 86 were eliminated this week and I have 206 remaining entries in my pool. GBAY and NE both got lucky last week for sure.

GBay -7 home to Bears. Gbay and NE popular last week and my guess is they will be this week as well. GBay coming off come from behind victory to Cincy last week now home on TNF. Bears had an impressive win home to Steelers and have a strong run game, but weak pass game. Gbay should win, but I'll Gbay for later in the year, hope for the upset.

New England -9 home to Carolina. NE at home will always have tons of picks. Me personally, I'm waiting to use NE later in the year. Honestly they got lucky to win last week. Maybe the even weeks they play better than the odd weeks. Certainly not a bad pick, but I try to save teams like NE as long as possible before using them.

Atlanta -8 home to Bills. Denver last week was in a huge let down spot playing in Buffalo and Buffalo played well enough to win. Now traveling on the road in Atlanta where Falcons offense has been rolling and they are 3-0. This is a great spot to take Atlanta. Super tough at home and Bills don't have the weapons to match Falcons offense.

Dallas -8.5 home to Rams. Great win for the Boys last night and now back home after 2 road games. Defensive line was very impressive last night but Cowboys secondary is always questionable. Rams surprising most being 2-1 and leading NFC West right now. Put up 41 points last week, but that was also against the 49ers. Cowboys should win this game and this will be a popular pick.

Arizona -7 home to 49ers. Arizona offense was great last night.....until the red zone. 1TD in 4 trips doesn't win you football games. 49ers are obviously an awful team and Arizona will be fighting for a win after disappointing loss last night. I don't personally love Arizona this week for Eliminator, but def one on the board that will be popular.

Seattle -14 home to Indy. Indy almost blew a 31-7 lead on Sunday home to the Browns. This team could realistically be 2-1 blowing the lead to Arizona. Seattle is a surprise to most being 1-2 on the year and their offense hasn't been consistent at all. I think the 14 point line is very high, but for eliminator spread means nothing as we all know. Another popular pick, Seattle should win at home

KC -7 home to Redskins. The final 3-0 team on the year. Hunt has been a god damn beast so far. Redskins coming off impressive home win to Oakland is certainly in a let down situation here. KC has been great the last 3-4 seasons during the regular season and suck in playoffs. Good spot for KC here.

That's 7 solid teams to choose from this week. Obviously other games on the board, but those are ones with spreads 7 or higher.

For me personally, I'm staying away from NE and Gbay as I can find spots later in the year. As of Tuesday, I'm going with Seattle, Dallas, and KC for my 3 entries.

I think Atlanta you can wait on and I just don't like the Arizona game.

Thoughts?

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2786

good luck Sammy......as you already know from my thread, I went with the atlanta falcons this week...an excellent spot for them...PS...congrats on your engagement!...I love gingers!..you picked out a winner!..(in more ways than one!)...she's a hottie!...

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.
    semibluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18989

@SamsNCharge99. 86 'former' players in your pool tried to save good picks last week. Pick good teams whilst they're good and pick against bad teams whilst they're bad, because things change really quick. By week 10 the Patriots and Packers might not be good teams. That said, solid picks this week.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11889

I'm just about on the eliminator challenge.. Eliminate watching and betting on the NFL all together..

I was never that good at betting on the NFL anyways .. That's one sport I could never cap and master..

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11662

Quote Originally Posted by SamsNCharge99 View Post
    New England -9 home to Carolina. NE at home will always have tons of picks. Me personally, I'm waiting to use NE later in the year. Honestly they got lucky to win last week. Maybe the even weeks they play better than the odd weeks. Certainly not a bad pick, but I try to save teams like NE as long as possible before using them.
    I'm saving NE too.

I believe the fact that the Pats have at least 10 regular season wins every since the year 2000 is among the greatest team feat in NFL history. The team has had a number of less than stellar starts before Belichick rights the ship. Therefore, my take is that the Pats are the most valuable team to hold in a KO pool. They won't suddenly suck in November.

I'm in two different pools with about 50% of the field gone. Will likely play my Falcons chip this week.

Also important to identify shitty teams as they emerge. It's an annual thing in this league.

SamsNCharge99

I'm sticking with my original plans.
    Entry 1. Dallas
    Entry 2. KC
    Entry 3. Seattle

I personally like Bears tonight on the spread, so let's root for them on the ML to get some entries out on GBay

SamsNCharge99

Yesterday was a brutal day for favorites especially on the ML. Pats, Falcons, Cowboys, even Jax all went down. Zona barely squeaked by and Seattle opened up late to win that one easy.

In my eliminator 89 people went down this week and we have 117 entries remaining and 8 have KC tonight including myself.

I lost 1 entry with the Cowboys and if KC can win tonight, I'll still have 2 entries to go.

SamsNCharge99

I survived 2 entries out of 3, onto week 5. I still have 117 entries remaining

Phily -6 over Arizona. Don't like this at all personally. Arizona squeaked by SF at home in OT and Phily had good road win in LA last week. Yea I guess in theory this should be good for Phily, but I won't risk my eliminator on this one

Pittsburgh -9 over Jax. The obvious and will be most popular pick of the week. Pitt home to Jax. Jax coming over horrific loss to the Jets and Pitt had great road win in division battle against Ravens. No reason why Pitt shouldn't win this straight up, obviously we don't care about the spread.

In terms of big spreads THAT IS IT!!!!!! very tough week this week. If you still have Pitt, obviously great time to use them. If you want to gamble and hope they lose b/c everyone will have them, here are potentially small spread options.

NE -5 AT Tbay. Me personally, this goes against my away team rule. Also, NE is one great drive away from being 1-3. This is not the normal NE right now and I want to wait to see how things progress for them before taking them. Especially on the road in a short week.

Cincy -3 home to Buffalo. I guess Cincy has some mojo after dominate win in Cleveland, but they did what they were supposed to do right? At least they scored some points. Does that build them momentum into this week?? Buffalo in a let down spot after 2 great home wins to Denver and Atlanta??

Real tough week, I have 2 entries and right now, I'm leaning towards Pittsburgh for both entries.

SamsNCharge99

One more. Giants -4 home to Chargers. Another stretch pick, but both bad teams, Giants at least showing a little more life than LA. Giants at home and Offense starting to click a little. Brandon Marshall making plays and if Odell is healthy, those 2 are great weapons. The problem is their running game and O-Line is horrific.

I actually do have Giants as one of my picks as of now when I just checked my website. We shall see what I do.

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11866

I still have PIT and will play that card this week. I'd rather preserve PHL as a possible play week 8 hosting SF. I hope I can go the distance without having to pull for CIN or NYG this year and I already played NE. A lot of people survived with PIT week 1 and 2, so I'll leave the tough calls to them this week.

WWCD
    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner
    WWCD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 663

I have 2 entries in a $6k league with 68 remaining. Crunch time.

So far have PIT and not sure what I will do with the 2nd entry yet. Right now I have Pats selected and it's pretty thin from there for me. It's basically between Pats and Philly for me there.

goofyre
    Cole World.
    goofyre's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

I'm running Pitt this week as well. Looks like about 1/3 of people left in my pool have already used them so hoping they get knocked out using someone else. Should be able to make week 11 without having to make a tough call.

SamsNCharge99

76 of my remaining 117 have pitt available to use, so I'm using them for sure in 1 entry, but I don't wanna double take a team just in case. Still leaing giants.

Both 0-4 teams, take the home team whose offense is close to fully clicking

SamsNCharge99

I'm sticking with my initial gut

Entry 1. Pitt
    Entry 2. GMEN.

I just don't want to double take a team with only 2 entries left. If 1 team loses at least I have 1 left hoping other one wins.

ByeShea

Giants? Interesting. Got some balls playing an 0-4 team, but still, some reasons to back them and if you can scoop a win from them today .. puts you in a better spot than the chalk crowd.

Lost one of my teams on Falcons last week. I'm on Pitt today. Like sheep waiting to get whacked.

Str8Mush4Life
    Str8Mush4Life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6145

See you next year - my first week this season using a 'SAFE' pick in Pittsburgh

ByeShea

Quote Originally Posted by Str8Mush4Life View Post
    See you next year - my first week this season using a 'SAFE' pick in Pittsburgh
    I'm out too.

Philly was the pick today. Saw some Jets in there too, strangely enough. But majority of the pool got knocked out today on PIT.

SamsNCharge99

Out as well. Lasted 16 weeks last year and 4 entries out in 5 weeks this year

disgusted

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11866

Yep, oops on pittsburgh here too. See you next year.

Regul8er
    Wordd

So my pool of 2,515 is now down to just 108........and I still have a heartbeat.

I was debating using both entries with Denver yesterday, and convinced myself to take Houston with 1 of them. I was actually ok losing my Denver entry to see the number drop from 340 down to 108....improved my odds.

Next week will not be a walk in the park.
    Last edited by Regul8er; 10-16-17 at 08:39 AM.

First 123 Last