Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2786

^^^...nope!...not a chance!...I know what you are thinking SBR!...sorry to disappoint, but I wouldn't hit it!...

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10886

Really never liked the guy but he grew on me. Loved the Metallic commercial. I don't understand corporate America Shute

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Marketing sports to blacks can't be a profitable business model.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    I don't understand corporate America Shute
    Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    Marketing sports to blacks can't be a profitable business model.
    If you look at it from a business standpoint you won't make sense of it. The liberal media is agenda first, profits second these days. They want to sculpt and shape thought with propaganda and fictional narratives for the long term shift to a gullible, profitable population with no demographic divisions.

MTV years ago did the exact same thing ESPN is doing. They shifted to rap and ghetto culture and look where MTV is now. These liberal douches are in for a rude awakening when the tax paying backbone of America gets fed up, cuts bait, and leaves the media and their zombie constituency to rot without them.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Can't even remember the last time i watched espn for something other than an actual game.

Actually that is not true, I will watch college gameday from time to time, but that is more background noise as im getting ready for 12 straight hours of college football across like 10 different channels.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

As far as insiders go though, is there really a benefit to having them as far as a network is concerned? They will all be able to report the same story seconds after someone breaks the news.

It's not like back in the old days where a newspaper could run a story nobody else had.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Good thing we still have Field Yates!

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

ESPN is not marketing to old farts anymore. Their bread and butter is the younger more urban crowd. They've obviously done their research and know who to attract. You can't knock them just because they are no longer in our demographics.

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    ESPN is not marketing to old farts anymore. Their bread and butter is the younger more urban crowd. They've obviously done their research and know who to attract. You can't knock them just because they are no longer in our demographics.
    exactly, old people don't give a fk about sports, anyone going anywhere in life realizes its just another distraction(of course you have to pretend to care when someone asks), but you need to attract clueless young people and people who think sports actually matter...for me a high school baseball game is more exciting than an nba finals game...really, some hot dogs and nachos with jalapeņos outdoors in the summertime, ill take that any day over paying 10k for nba tix..(unless they are paid by another company who would S your D just trying to keep you doing business with them)...but yeah, none of it really matters, waste of time mostly

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Good thing we still have Field Yates!
    He's actually really good with Matt Berry and Stefania Bell on the fantasy football podcast.

SteelRain
    SteelRain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6789

No one under 30 has cable tv. They all stream or watch youtube video games. I think ESPN is screwed no matter what.

First 12