MeanPeopleSuck
    MeanPeopleSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 700

Republican Greg Gianforte Charged w/ Assault Before Today's Election vs Dem Rob Quist

If you like betting politics, Montana's vacant House seat is terrific fun.

Overnight, Republican Greg Gianforte, who already had a smaller-than-expected lead over Democrat Rob Quist, was charged with misdemeanor assault after "body slamming" Guardian political reporter Ben Jacobs.

And here's the best part. It's on tape: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...?CMP=edit_2221

Weirdly, the election is today (I double checked, and y, it's today -- I've never heard of a Thursday election before), so if you're interested, get your bets in fast.

Current Lines

1. At 5dimes: Quist, a +240 dog at 5d yesterday, is now a - 140 favorite to win.

2. At PredictIt: If 5d lines are OTB by the time you read this, PredictIt will run a live market on the race right up through the counting of the votes. Current prices: https://www.predictit.org/Market/296...ion-in-Montana

My Take

My pure, 100% guess on the betting value: I took Quist +240 as soon as I heard about the incident, but my guess is the value side of the new, pick em line is probably Gianforte. On the tape, the reporter sounds like kind of a weenie, and I'm not sure Montanans are gonna care much about what happened, but, hey, my total knowledge of Montana is basically zero, so what the heck do I know?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

most people do not change their mind as far as politics know matter what they did

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11668

Quote Originally Posted by MeanPeopleSuck View Post
    On the tape, the reporter sounds like kind of a weenie, and I'm not sure Montanans are gonna care much about what happened, but, hey, my total knowledge of Montana is basically zero, so what the heck do I know?
    Just remember that the media has a lower approval rating than Congress.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

Key point here is that 70 % of vote was already in before this happened in early voting. Chris Cuomo mentioned that this morning and then almost shed a tear.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

He will still win

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

the most important thing about this story is the guy who got body slammed actually brought up the CBO. The CBO is the geraldo rivera of government agencies. He got what he deserved.

MeanPeopleSuck
    MeanPeopleSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 700

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Key point here is that 70 % of vote was already in before this happened in early voting. Chris Cuomo mentioned that this morning and then almost shed a tear.
    Oh, I actually didn't know that -- I just sort of bet it on the fly. I definitely did wonder about a Thursday election, though, because I don't think I've ever heard of that before.

FWIW, PredictIt bettors agree with you. They've got Gianforte back to being a - 150 favorite: https://www.predictit.org/Market/296...ion-in-Montana

ByeShea

Quote Originally Posted by MeanPeopleSuck View Post
    FWIW, PredictIt bettors agree with you. They've got Gianforte back to being a - 150 favorite: https://www.predictit.org/Market/296...ion-in-Montana
    Do you notice a pattern here?

There's been 3 special elections since Trump took office - and in each one the media (which is absolutely retarded in its pro-Democrat bias) has brought out all the stops in trying to create a national story, an alternative superstar (remember that superfag in Georgia - holy shite!), and then... the LOSS.

This Democrat cowboy ... I don't know much about this race, but I know a lot about the Democratic Party. These fukkers are trying to coverup a murder of its own staffer. They actively do not want people looking into Seth Rich. It's amazing.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Steeve

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Quote Originally Posted by ByeShea View Post
    Just remember that the media has a lower approval rating than Congress.

​but hirer than trump

chico2663

Do you notice a pattern here?

There's been 3 special elections since Trump took office - and in each one the media (which is absolutely retarded in its pro-Democrat bias) has brought out all the stops in trying to create a national story, an alternative superstar (remember that superfag in Georgia - holy shite!), and then... the LOSS.

This Democrat cowboy ... I don't know much about this race, but I know a lot about the Democratic Party. These fukkers are trying to coverup a murder of its own staffer. They actively do not want people looking into Seth Rich. It's amazing.
    You still believe in santa?

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24032

Oh yay!

ByeShea

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    You still believe in santa?
    No, but I'm witnessing the DNC going into absolute crisis mode to keep Seth Rich's murder out of the media. Ron Paul wondering why FBI never investigated. No putting the Seth Rich genie back in the bottle.

Oh wait, yes there is. Catch the killer. Oh wait, that's gonna be problematic...
    And before you spout off any more about Santa ... you been following that Russian collusion daydream? Well, ex-CIA director Brennan just threw Comey under the bus. Dream is dead.Maybe Colbert will impeach some puppets on his show to make you feel better.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11925

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    That is big...

ByeShea

​but hirer than trump
    No. And it's not even close.

vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    the most important thing about this story is the guy who got body slammed actually brought up the CBO. The CBO is the geraldo rivera of government agencies. He got what he deserved.
    The reporter was taken to hospital because he landed on his elbow on concrete via bodyslam and then the politician proceeded to punch him repeatedly. Reporter just doing his job and as far as your view, it would be cool if someone came in to your work while you were doing your job. Body slam you into concrete and the proceed to punch you. You proly get some workmans comp for worktime missed but i dont know your state law. You live in montana by chance?

chico2663

No, but I'm witnessing the DNC going into absolute crisis mode to keep Seth Rich's murder out of the media. Ron Paul wondering why FBI never investigated. No putting the Seth Rich genie back in the bottle.

Oh wait, yes there is. Catch the killer. Oh wait, that's gonna be problematic...
    And before you spout off any more about Santa ... you been following that Russian collusion daydream? Well, ex-CIA director Brennan just threw Comey under the bus. Dream is dead.Maybe Colbert will impeach some puppets on his show to make you feel better.
    Get off dwietbart. brannon only knows what comey tells him. He didn't throw him under the bus and if you believe that....... Than no wonder you voted for trump.

brooks85

Quote Originally Posted by vividjohn45 View Post
    The reporter was taken to hospital because he landed on his elbow on concrete via bodyslam and then the politician proceeded to punch him repeatedly. Reporter just doing his job and as far as your view, it would be cool if someone came in to your work while you were doing your job. Body slam you into concrete and the proceed to punch you. You proly get some workmans comp for worktime missed but i dont know your state law. You live in montana by chance?
    The reporter works for the Guardian and if you listen you can hear gianforte predict it lol You have no case here. He got what he deserved. I would love to see more of these POS liars like this fake reporter get what they deserve.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20517

Idiot voters have elected dead people so this guy could still get in.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

The reporter works for the Guardian and if you listen you can hear gianforte predict it lol You have no case here. He got what he deserved. I would love to see more of these POS liars like this fake reporter get what they deserve.
    I agree, I can't stand the media types like these.. It's poison to the weak minded.. This weasel reporter represents just that.. He was warned and he didn't back off.. He got body slammed.. If he wasn't such a pussy he would have fought back.. I don't condone that type of behavior but these media twits aren't helping this Country...

brooks85

and if you listen it was the second time the guardian pulled this BS to him so if liberals are surprised by only a body slam they are going to be very surprised in the future; they won't be getting body slams when people are finally tired of their BS.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I wish he broke his legs and arms

REP"S RULE

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Here is the audio of the incident and Gianforte statement of what happened. (heads up: the background music is annoying)

chico2663

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I agree, I can't stand the media types like these.. It's poison to the weak minded.. This weasel reporter represents just that.. He was warned and he didn't back off.. He got body slammed.. If he wasn't such a pussy he would have fought back.. I don't condone that type of behavior but these media twits aren't helping this Country...
    It was so fake that baier from fox was a witness for the reporter. The rich guy that is running is being charged. YEah the reporter fights back and loses his job. Jibby your better than this. I believe you have fought before not like some puss like brooks. Say if when you were working for the property management. If someone would of tackled you would of been the bigger person and said you still have a job. Unlike brooks who can find a job mopping anywhere. If you are fired for fighting from your job it would follow you the rest of your life.

vividjohn45

Guardian is not fake. They do political reporting. I.e report on politicians. They are a legitimate publication. Your job legitimate? Or is it fake? You get a real paycheck or your fake job pay you fake money? Going the way you are arguing. If someone comes into your fake job and bodyslams you while you do your fake job. And proceeds to punch you post body slam. The real hospital bills and real criminal charges and probable real civil assualt lawsuit are not legitimate becuz you work a fake job and you are just a faker anyway. Dont bust up your fake elbow on fake concrete man. Becuz fakiness justifies physical violence in a fake work enviroment
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: chico2663

chico2663

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    Here is the audio of the incident and Gianforte statement of what happened. (heads up: the background music is annoying)

problem is 70% of the voters already did

chico2663

Guardian is not fake. They do political reporting. I.e report on politicians. They are a legitimate publication. Your job legitimate? Or is it fake? You get a real paycheck or your fake job pay you fake money? Going the way you are arguing. If someone comes into your fake job and bodyslams you while you do your fake job. And proceeds to punch you post body slam. The real hospital bills and real criminal charges and probable real civil assualt lawsuit are not legitimate becuz you work a fake job and you are just a faker anyway. Dont bust up your fake elbow on fake concrete man. Becuz fakiness justifies physical violence in a fake work enviroment
    John that is sbr internet tough guy. Has more stories than there are chins in a chinese phone book

vividjohn45

John that is sbr internet tough guy. Has more stories than there are chins in a chinese phone book
    Just hate to see sbr posters condoning physical violence. Montanas guy only charged with misdemeanor assualt but if reporters injury level had been more it would of been felony. Then you got jj in thread calling for the reporters broken arm and leg. Which is felonious. The chicago tribune online report today is pretty good on this. Jj handing out infractions on posters but saying the Republican canidate should of broken his arm and leg. Seriously twisted. But at least the correct person was charged. He proly shouldnt be a congressman because guardian reports on u.s house and senate. Republican canidate trying to be bigtime but the players at that level are bigger and different i.e the guardian, Then what he is used to. In recording he says are you guardian? Lol. Me: Yeah man guardian gonna be on your butt for a longtime if you make u.s. house because its what they do. Lol.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

It was so fake that baier from fox was a witness for the reporter. The rich guy that is running is being charged. YEah the reporter fights back and loses his job. Jibby your better than this. I believe you have fought before not like some puss like brooks. Say if when you were working for the property management. If someone would of tackled you would of been the bigger person and said you still have a job. Unlike brooks who can find a job mopping anywhere. If you are fired for fighting from your job it would follow you the rest of your life.
    I don't look for fights Chico and never did, I was never the bully type..... Umm, but if a smaller guy charged me at work I'd probably laugh.. If he was seriously out to hurt me though I'd hurt him and lose my job.. Walk out with my head held high as I was defending myself... Go look for another job or start a small business.. That's just me though..

I don't get challenged. I still hit the heavy bag regularly and hit like a truck.. I hope I don't have to fight anymore in my life time, I'm a peaceful man these days but you can bet your ass I will defend myself against any man that is trying to hurt me, wouldn't you Chico?

chico2663

I always find that the ones that want violence are guys that never had the balls to knuckle up.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

dems are correct in this, but all you needed was the first sentence, the rest of what you said I wouldn't say 30 beers deep it was such bs

chico2663

I don't look for fights Chico and never did, I was never the bully type..... Umm, but if a smaller guy charged me at work I'd probably laugh.. If he was seriously out to hurt me though I'd hurt him and lose my job.. Walk out with my head held high as I was defending myself... Go look for another job or start a small business.. That's just me though..

I don't get challenged. I still hit the heavy bag regularly and hit like a truck.. I hope I don't have to fight anymore in my life time, I'm a peaceful man these days but you can bet your ass I will defend myself against any man that is trying to hurt me, wouldn't you Chico?
    Jibbs I had a dumb ass try shit with me on the job. I was making 140 and he was making 30. I walked away. 6 months later he had already gotten fired my friend who dates his sis in law told me where they were gonna be. I popped up and bitch slapped him in front of his girl. He never popped off again. Jibby it matters in how much money you make that lets you decide how much shit you take. I guess you weren't making more than 40 but in califas may be 60 since c.o.l. is so much higher.

vividjohn45

Cmon jibby. The reporter didnt attack the republican canidate. Its v..i..s.a versa. Fox news reporters witnessed everything and said the reporter never assualted the canidate. The canidate assualted the reporter. Also at time if this thread the reporter hasnt been charged with anything only the canidate

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Cmon jibby. The reporter didnt attack the republican canidate. Its v..i..s.a versa. Fox news reporters witnessed everything and said the reporter never assualted the canidate. The canidate assualted the reporter.
    love those dems

chico2663

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    love those dems
    I find it funny that you and brooks are on the same side.

brooks85

you're close, they do FAKE political reporting.

maybe if you're an idiot.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/us-politics

lol the have a section on their main page labeled "the resistance now" and their opinion section is all one opinion haha

stop embarrassing yourself. Fake reporter got a REAL body slam. That is called karma. Go bitch to the natural forces of the universe.
    Last edited by brooks85; 05-25-17 at 03:25 PM.

1234 ... Last