TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Quote Originally Posted by reigle9 View Post
    way more than can run under 5.0

it's kind of apples and oranges though, 40 you have a time

reps, everyone has the same weight...225 is a bit much though to count reps for regular people, should be the 185 hs kids do when combine'ing

how many 225 reps can you do? probably the rippest guy on here and what like 10-15?

225 would be 2 45's on each side of a normal bar. I'd venture to say that more people could break a hand timed 5.0 than rep 225 at least 5-6 times.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    225 would be 2 45's on each side of a normal bar. I'd venture to say that more people could break a hand timed 5.0 than rep 225 at least 5-6 times.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post

SBR Forum Combine at the next Bash. Get it done!

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

as SBR's most accomplished failed fukin athalete

there is zero interest in that

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

225 isn't light but it's not heavy either. Everyone built differently, I see guys at the gym repping it 10 times no problem. I'm more of a speedster and have only done it at the end of workouts 6-8 reps after the standard weights are finished. Its actually 224, the bar is 20 kilos or 44 pounds

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    225 isn't light but it's not heavy either. Everyone built differently, I see guys at the gym repping it 10 times no problem. I'm more of a speedster and have only done it at the end of workouts 6-8 reps after the standard weights are finished. Its actually 224, the bar is 20 kilos or 44 pounds

True but now think about your statement. The guys at your gym probably aren't a very accurate representation of the bums on here

shadymcgrady

True but now think about your statement. The guys at your gym probably aren't a very accurate representation of the bums on here
    Powell there guys that look just like JJ and shorter that bench like 274. Ok not JJ but unathletic looking nerds, lots of guys rep heavy weight in every gym not just mine

TPowell

Powell there guys that look just like JJ and shorter that bench like 274. Ok not JJ but unathletic looking nerds, lots of guys rep heavy weight in every gym not just mine
    how many guys here do you think hit the gym though? I was a terrible HS athlete and ran a sub 5.0 hand timed.

shadymcgrady

I'm sure guys like firekillex, opie, cuser and mac4lyfe could bench 225 no problem. I'd venture to say that benching 225 for sbr posters is more attainable than sub 5 sec 40 that many are doubting. If the speed is an issue it's most likely due to mass so strength is probably more within reach

TPowell

One way to settle this. MUST participate in SBR Combine to get free room for the Bash

shadymcgrady

how many guys here do you think hit the gym though? I was a terrible HS athlete and ran a sub 5.0 hand timed.
    Wouldn't say terrible if u could run a sub 5, probably swift but skinny? HS athletics is tough with politics, the coach isn't always concerned about winning in most public sectors

shadymcgrady

One way to settle this. MUST participate in SBR Combine to get free room for the Bash
    Hah that's a good idea Powell. I wouldn't expect to win but it'd be fun to compete

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post
    El oh el. Also haven't touched a supplement in half decade. Not even protein powder. They are all a waste of money.

Still remember loading creatine cycles in high school. Genius whoever came up with that scam.
    "loading" is a scam but creatine is what it is

i'm 34 and need straight up roids to force myself to wo every day

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

protein powder and creatine aren't scams, protein powder shouldn't even be considered a supplement.

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

I'm going to sit out every event but dikk and still go #1 overall

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    protein powder and creatine aren't scams, protein powder shouldn't even be considered a supplement.
    Scam was referring to the "loading" phase of creative. Ultimately they are both a waste of money. Protein powder is fine if you don't have the time to eat appropriately.

For me getting in 5 meals with around 30g of protein each isn't that much of a challenge. Any additional protein would be a waste.

shadymcgrady

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post
    Scam was referring to the "loading" phase of creative. Ultimately they are both a waste of money. Protein powder is fine if you don't have the time to eat appropriately.

For me getting in 5 meals with around 30g of protein each isn't that much of a challenge. Any additional protein would be a waste.
    Holy crap tat Uve got a fast acting pancreas

TPowell

150g of protein is def necessary if you are doing ANY type of lifting IMO. When I was cutting seriously before hernia surgery I was shooting for 160g. I would end up eating a cottage cheese breakfast of like 25g or so and then 40g at lunch and dinner. Would squeeze in a protein shake after working out and that would get me there

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lol SBR combine
    Creatine mono hydrate is just to put water retention in your muscles , it helps increase some lifts and lubricate your joints but once you get off you'll lose mostly all the weight.. just stick with protein once a day directly after you lift, some fish oil pills and multivitamins in the morning and you'll be healthy.. most protein has bcaas and glutamine in it for healing after workouts anyways .. most other supplements are a scam and not needed, take a juicing drink with 70/30 veggies and fruit you'll feel just as good as taking a pre workout without the itching side effects

and for protein stick with 1.5 g of protein per LB if you're trying to bulk in anyway , plus a common misconception when cutting weight is to eat less times, actually you should do the opposite ... eat 4-6 SMALL meals a day around 400-500 calories max that'll keep your metabolism going super fast and burning fat ... I eat 5 decent sized meals a day with a protein shake and snacks whenever I want and never have any fat on me tbh , genetics play a part but there's a ton of science behind diet and working out if you really research things ...

225 bench compared to sub 5 40 dash I'd say more people here could probably bench the 225 for 5 reps because they're bigger and weigh more , running sub 5 being more then 250lbs you have 0 chance unless you're a top notch athlete , I've seen scrubs at 250+lbs bench 225 for reps at the gym.. lifting heavy weights isn't always everything though , I've started to do more HITT cardio training , core and higher rep ranges and actually gained more lean muscle then when I was doing just bench, deadlifts, squats for max weight 4-6 reps so take that all with a grain of salt and everybody's body is different find out if you're a ectomorph, mesomorph or endomorph before attempting any goals

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

I'm sure guys like firekillex, opie, cuser and mac4lyfe could bench 225 no problem. I'd venture to say that benching 225 for sbr posters is more attainable than sub 5 sec 40 that many are doubting. If the speed is an issue it's most likely due to mass so strength is probably more within reach
    Shady - I've never been good at the bench because my arms are LOOOONG. I struggled doing dips as well. In my best years, I could only do 3 or 4 reps of 225. I was at the gym the other day and I could not lift 170. I was maxing out at 160.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Shady - I've never been good at the bench because my arms are LOOOONG. I struggled doing dips as well. In my best years, I could only do 3 or 4 reps of 225. I was at the gym the other day and I could not lift 170. I was maxing out at 160.

225 isn't an easy feat if you haven't stepped into a gym in 6+ months IMO.

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

max bench is overrated anyways , ive seen guys who could do 300+ and would get outbodied physically grappling or wrestling around by a guy who can barely do 225, weights arent always everything in the end... Rather do a weight you can do 8-10 solid reps then throw up one shitty rep of a weight you can barely do... if youre maxing at 160 just throw a plate each side try to get 6 reps or do some negative reps with a spotter ( you go down slow as possible then they lift the weight up with your help) thatll get your strength/lifts up a shit load in a short amount of time buddy

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    max bench is overrated anyways , ive seen guys who could do 300+ and would get outbodied physically grappling or wrestling around by a guy who can barely do 225, weights arent always everything in the end... Rather do a weight you can do 8-10 solid reps then throw up one shitty rep of a weight you can barely do... if youre maxing at 160 just throw a plate each side try to get 6 reps or do some negative reps with a spotter ( you go down slow as possible then they lift the weight up with your help) thatll get your strength/lifts up a shit load in a short amount of time buddy

I'm an 8-12 rep guy myself. No clue what my max on anything would be honestly outside of using a 1RM calculator. Also coming off hernia surgery I haven't really let it go like before and cranked out 2-3 strained reps like before (not bad form just strained)

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Poweller

you sound very hot

ever thought about showing a pic here?

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    Poweller