reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

^

People hate reality.

Hand times are useless unless you have a team of coaches doing it and take the average.

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by reigle9 View Post
    90% of 4-5* fb players say they run 4.4 in hs, by the small chance they make it to the nfl combine, the majority go 4.6

to think you have 15+ friends that can go under 5.0 is insanely delusional
    Have multiple friends who made provincial or state level for US purposes track and field events that ran under 11.5 100m dashes with real time , if you can run 11.5 100m dash you're easily getting under 5 second 40... not even a debate imo , if there's a way to set up a camera and time I'll put any amount of points on it for proof .. not even bragging or anything but under 4.75 range is where it gets impressive in my books .. under 5 is just a good athlete if you have an athletic build , there's linemen running sub 5s regularly now who are 270lbs +...

But youre right on the stop watch time I've played football and ran track I know how it all works, but we've all trained at legit athletic centres with real time tech to know where we are really at , for a 40 every coach does get the time off thoug and for 40 yard dash every . Second matters a ton

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    LOL at all these motherfukkers saying how easy it is!!

JESUS! I knew we had a lot of posters on here smarter than most NFL coaches and GM's...but I had NO FUKKIN IDEA that we had better athletes as well!!

Entire high school football teams running sub 5 - 40's HOLY FUKK!!!
    You left out Male Nurses

strikegoldsgs
    strikegoldsgs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

I can run a 4.5 at 6'4"

Last edited by strikegoldsgs; 03-06-17 at 08:02 PM.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by strikegoldsgs View Post
    I can run a 4.5 at 6'4"

Couple of things here striker...

1) you ain't running a 4.5 in the fukkin 30 yd dash. Again...I'm a fukkin world class athlete, and if I ain't doing it...ain't no motherfukker here doing it.

2) keep your homoerotic shirtless pics off my board. No use for this gayness here. Take your ab selfies to the male nurse forums.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

strikegoldsgs

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Couple of things here striker...

1) you ain't running a 4.5 in the fukkin 30 yd dash. Again...I'm a fukkin world class athlete, and if I ain't doing it...ain't no motherfukker here doing it.

2) keep your homoerotic shirtless pics off my board. No use for this gayness here. Take your ab selfies to the male nurse forums.
    Probably run a 4.4 with wind.. ran a 4.5 two weeks ago at going vertical here in Omaha Nebraska while training with the UNL athletes.

firekillex

Probably run a 4.4 with wind.. ran a 4.5 two weeks ago at going vertical here in Omaha Nebraska while training with the UNL athletes.
    that picture looks straight of MTVS catfish lmao

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

4.5 is elite speed. Only a handful of nfl wr can hit that speed along with Olympians and other pro athletes. That's impressive

firekillex

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    4.5 is elite speed. Only a handful of nfl wr can hit that speed along with Olympians and other pro athletes. That's impressive
    guy made a profile a month ago with a sketchy picture of a guy with abs, 99.9% sure he cannot be trusted on a 4.5 40 time shady

especially being taller and longer its harder to get a 4.5 40 time because you hit your stride later , im 6'2 and can only hit 4.7 because my top speed happens around 50m in , the 40 is basically all about your start and burst of the first few steps , being shorter actually can be an advantage for the 40 dash unless youre a 6'2+ thin frame with huge explosive power like the Washington WR who hit 4.2 the other day.. that guys a cheetah

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11174

I ran track and played football and there's a lot of differences. For one, running 40 yards has zero reaction time built in, you go when you are ready versus reacting to a gun which adds at least a 0.1 to your time. I ran 6.5 indoor 60y and 10.45 100m (hand timed) at my best. My best 40y was 4.45 on grass. The track is much faster than a football field, you put these guys on a track with electronic timing and their times would be much faster. I watched Bo Jackson run a 6.1 60y but he couldn't run faster than 10.45 in the 100. I saw Herschel Walker run a 10.2 100 but his best 60 was like 6.3. Some guys have great reaction times but others make up more ground at top speed. Those were big boys that could motor. When you're carrying that weight and can move that fast... wow.

I would say there is zero chance I could run a sub 5 second 40 right now or in the near future. But, I would expect a few guys in this forum that can go under 5. There's a lot of fast/quick people in general and if you are in reasonable shape, sub 5, 40y is doable. Taking out the reaction time really helps. Darrell Green who was considered the NFL's fastest man, ran a 4.43 at 50 years old. But he's also a freak of nature. I think it would be much harder to find guys in the forum that could run a sub 50s 400 meters. Several people could probably burst speed a 40 but how many could sustain it over 400 meters. I'd bet there's probably no one in this forum that could run under 50s.

We have a Parisi speed school here in Houston and they are very good at making you faster. Technology has really improved training. A bunch of guys go there prior to the combine to get faster and have had great results. A friend of mine has a son that just started going there and his 100 m times have decreased remarkably. Track Houston here, has the most successful track program in the country. They have some fast as hell young kids coming up. If you are running every day, you can definitely get faster.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

So you run as fast as the fastest team sport athletes in the world and you're a third wheel at college workouts? OK pal. What's the deal, can't catch a ball? Made of glass?

firekillex

agree with most of Macs post, running a 40 on the football grass or turf field is a different feel then running 100m dash on a track, plus you have different shoes in track and field and your starting block makes it different since you get a bigger boost of the first step
    but you can look it up anybody running a 12 second or less 100m dash is basically hitting a sub 5 second 40 yard dash every time...
    40 yard dash is mainly explosive power and quickness off the first step, 100 m dash is more of the same with a little bit of endurance because once you get 60-70 m in a little fatigue can happen, anything after 100m dash is completely seperate thats why most of the fastest guys stick to 100-200m dash max then its all completely different athletes once you get to 400m and up i used to run 100, 100x4 relay and 200 but my 400 time wouldnt even qualify in any tournament i was at for the other events because its basically a completely different sport in the end moving from fast twitch fibers to a mixture of fast and slow twitch fibers with some very solid cardio to last 400m running at a high speed

the main debate here would be a ton of guys could probably hit sub 5 seconds 40 yard dash in their "prime" and a lot of guys here are older now, so it would be who could hit sub 5 seconds today if need be... Im still younger in my mid 20s so i could easily hit it which for any solid athlete isnt a feat at all, but for a 40+ year old man hitting under 5 seconds is actually impressive imo and means you took good care of your body and are still a great athlete

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13312

killex is canadian so that converts to like 5.8 american

firekillex

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    killex is canadian so that converts to like 5.8 american
    went to the states for multiple sports/ tournaments and usually shit on the americans so not sure that logic works...
    plus we gotta run in harsh environments in the blizzards and maple tree fields , i can run in any area gaucho

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

well yea I probably can if the last beer is 40 yards away from me

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13312

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    went to the states for multiple sports/ tournaments and usually shit on the americans so not sure that logic works...
    plus we gotta run in harsh environments in the blizzards and maple tree fields , i can run in any area gaucho
    How do you think you would fare fighting a wolf?

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    the main debate here would be a ton of guys could probably hit sub 5 seconds 40 yard dash in their "prime" and a lot of guys here are older now, so it would be who could hit sub 5 seconds today if need be... Im still younger in my mid 20s so i could easily hit it which for any solid athlete isnt a feat at all, but for a 40+ year old man hitting under 5 seconds is actually impressive imo and means you took good care of your body and are still a great athlete
    I don't think a ton of guys but there should be a few. On our football team, most RB's, WR's and DB's could run sub 5. But there's a HUGE difference running a 4.5 and a 4.9. Many are running 4.7/4.8's. Only a handful of LB's and lineman could break 5 though. I'm talking 1 or 2 at best. A lot of our times at UF were seriously inflated. We use to have a speed board and 100% were bullshit, I guess to motivate others and to somehow look good. If you ran a 4.6 but somebody had a 4.45 hand you'd get the lower time.

I was at the NFL experience Super Bowl week and they had a 40 yard time booth. It wasn't very accurate as no false starts but you could tell who was fast and who wasn't. I would estimate that out of the adult men, only about 7 - 10% could run sub 5 seconds. There weren't many...

strikegoldsgs

Yeah. I been involved in sprinting most of youth, but I am 30+ now. My dad ran a 10.1 100m in HS and held our state record for some time.

Maybe its genetics?

IMG_0095

firekillex

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    How do you think you would fare fighting a wolf?
    depends the age of the wolf and if i have weapons or not

strikegoldsgs

Wolf would tear us to shreds. My German shepherds alligator roll on a dime and they compare nothing to a wolf.

firekillex

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I don't think a ton of guys but there should be a few. On our football team, most RB's, WR's and DB's could run sub 5. But there's a HUGE difference running a 4.5 and a 4.9. Many are running 4.7/4.8's. Only a handful of LB's and lineman could break 5 though. I'm talking 1 or 2 at best. A lot of our times at UF were seriously inflated. We use to have a speed board and 100% were bullshit, I guess to motivate others and to somehow look good. If you ran a 4.6 but somebody had a 4.45 hand you'd get the lower time.

I was at the NFL experience Super Bowl week and they had a 40 yard time booth. It wasn't very accurate as no false starts but you could tell who was fast and who wasn't. I would estimate that out of the adult men, only about 7 - 10% could run sub 5 seconds. There weren't many...
    yup completely agree , any talented RB, WR, DB and most LBS are hitting under 5 seconds 40 dash on any given day, any linemen hitting under 5 seconds is a great athlete compared to those other positions its a normal thing , once you get under 4.7 range thats when youre getting some very solid athletes regardless of position , anything under 4.5 youre a world class athlete basically ... Any male 170-225lb range thats a solid athlete and played sports should be able to hit 5 seconds or under thats my opinion youre either naturally fast and build on it or youre not its not end of the world in the end of things, most average guys arent good athletes in my experience so 10% could be a valid number, i just hangout with mostly athletes because theyre my friends from sports so thats why i know a lot of people personally who would get 5 under easily

its just like boxing , people are born with natural power and can build on it and most guys arent born with it but everybody thinks they can fight in the end of things , just like every person thinks they can run under a 5 second 40... just being ripped or havings abs has nothing to do with running a 40 or having boxing power but being lean and having fast twitch fibers can give big advantages

putting pictures of your core talking about a 40 yard dash really does nothing especially claiming you can run 4.4 kind of a joke lol, thats like somebody posting a picture of somebody with big hands saying they can box at a elite level
    Last edited by firekillex; 03-06-17 at 11:38 PM.

Mac4Lyfe

Yeah. I been involved in sprinting most of youth, but I am 30+ now. My dad ran a 10.1 100m in HS and held our state record for some time.
    Maybe its genetics?
    10.1 is fukkin nuts. Very few humans on the planet can run that fast. Wow.

I've been around track n field my entire life. I use to volunteer at the Florida Relays for decades. I've seen some of the best high school and college talent through the years. I saw FloJo struggle running for several years before she broke out in the late 80's. She literally shaved a second off her 200. Hell Usain Bolt also reduced a ton of time in his 100/200 as well. That gives a lot of hope to kids that if they get committed and train hard the work can pay off. I follow track here in Houston and the talent is astounding. We had some great meets last year with some up and coming Olympic hopefuls.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Maybe its genetics?

maybe its that you are a homosexual?

firekillex

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    10.1 is fukkin nuts. Very few humans on the planet can run that fast. Wow.

I've been around track n field my entire life. I use to volunteer at the Florida Relays for decades. I've seen some of the best high school and college talent through the years. I saw FloJo struggle running for several years before she broke out in the late 80's. She literally shaved a second off her 200. Hell Usain Bolt also reduced a ton of time in his 100/200 as well. That gives a lot of hope to kids that if they get committed and train hard the work can pay off. I follow track here in Houston and the talent is astounding. We had some great meets last year with some up and coming Olympic hopefuls.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...rack_and_field
    suspect.. 10.15 is a documented record lol

UncleDoc
    UncleDoc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 567

Sub 5 for anyone thats been around the sun at least 30 times is quite impressive unless you train for a living for speed. I regularly was way under that in my playing days but now some 15 years later even though I'm much leaner and probably in better shape there is no way I could hit it. 5.15-5.3 is much more reasonable. All my energy goes into hitting that little round ball into the hole and crushing single track comps on the bike these days.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Maybe its genetics?
    maybe it's maybelline

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

How about most bench press reps with 225lbs? Combine continued.

Sign me up for 150lb post prime dude bracket.

ManOfValue
    ManOfValue's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1796

After watching some of these 300+ linemen at the combine come close to that number I can definitely do it. 6' 4" 265 pounds. Not super athletic but play basketball once a week so I do get a little cardio.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post

Sign me up for 150lb post prime dude bracket.

Sounds like my next thread

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Lot of shit talking on here....but no one stepping up to prove anything.

ACoochy questioned rather I could throw down on a 10 ft rim at 46 years old...and I made a video throwing down a motherfukkin tomahawk slam that so emasculated that bitch ass niqqa that he tucked tail and left this motherfukker for good.

Real talk. Trill as a motherfukker.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

ManOfValue
    ManOfValue's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1796

Well I can't slam dunk Opie. Have not done it in over a decade. Screwed up my ankles real bad and an scared although I can probably still do it. I can probably press the 225 though, maybe only 4 - 5 times. what I was last at the gym (about a year ago) was working out with a 45 and 35 on each side, bar is about 50 pounds too.

reigle9

way more than can run under 5.0

it's kind of apples and oranges though, 40 you have a time

reps, everyone has the same weight...225 is a bit much though to count reps for regular people, should be the 185 hs kids do when combine'ing

how many 225 reps can you do? probably the rippest guy on here and what like 10-15?

tatddy

way more than can run under 5.0

it's kind of apples and oranges though, 40 you have a time

reps, everyone has the same weight...225 is a bit much though to count reps for regular people, should be the 185 hs kids do when combine'ing

how many 225 reps can you do? probably the rippest guy on here and what like 10-15?
    No way. I'm too old for all that ish. Haven't touched a free weight more than 3 times past 5 years total. Could probably do 8 solid.....more if I messed with free weights again.

reigle9

No way. I'm too old for all that ish. Haven't touched a free weight more than 3 times past 5 years total. Could probably do 8 solid.....more if I messed with free weights again.
    In the market for a roid cycle if you can help.

tatddy

In the market for a roid cycle if you can help.
    El oh el. Also haven't touched a supplement in half decade. Not even protein powder. They are all a waste of money.

Still remember loading creatine cycles in high school. Genius whoever came up with that scam.

First 12345 Last