d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21701

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    i wasnt paying attention but i thought i heard someone on cnn say something like trump will back out of the debates

what a comedy show

THEY CANT WAIT FOR 9/26
    Yeah, that's ridiculous. Nobody can back out a prez debate. Would be game over.

I always wonder though, what happens if a candidate gets legitimately ill and can't go?

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8533

i wasnt paying attention but i thought i heard someone on cnn say something like trump will back out of the debates

what a comedy show

THEY CANT WAIT FOR 9/26
    who won't watch? It will be epic. Hillary's presidency run will end that night.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Well it's all over tough to say which convention was better… Good work man tremendous discussions

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Yeah, that's ridiculous. Nobody can back out a prez debate. Would be game over.

I always wonder though, what happens if a candidate gets legitimately ill and can't go?
    delay it? just a guess no real idea
    Last edited by thetrinity; 07-28-16 at 10:56 PM.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 456

So the "Hope" poster is now a "Together" poster. Woo-Hoo!!

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

delay it?
    Would they be able to agree? I can just imagine Trump being like "fukk you, it's now or never."

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

When JJ says vote Trump, go the other way! Hillary!

DwightShrute

Bernie Sander's during Hillary's speech

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Trump is tweeting, and he is making some solid points!

Considering I'm fair and call everything down the middle, I will say tonight was a draw.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I didn't see it on 5Dimes or Heritage earlier today. Thought something must have happened? Heritage came out with several state odds and it was mainly in favor of Hillary even in Red states. Unless you see something I don't, this shit looks like a landslide.

I didn't mean you literally. I mean anyone that thinks Trump is leading right now. The books do not back that up.
    landslide is a tricky term to me, if she wins all the swing states but they are close it could look worse than it actually was

i stand by what i told you the other day she wont get 51% of the popular vote

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Would they be able to agree? I can just imagine Trump being like "fukk you, it's now or never."
    i suppose they could cancel it but it would look awful

good question

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

The next 3+ months are going to be historic. Buckle up. You just never know what crazy thing Trmp will say next. Expect the unexpected. We know Trump is going to lose, just don't know exactly how.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Trump is tweeting, and he is making some solid points!

Considering I'm fair and call everything down the middle, I will say tonight was a draw.
    Even Trump's tweets are dark.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12025

landslide is a tricky term to me, if she wins all the swing states but they are close it could look worse than it actually was

A landslide in a presidential election is 55% of popular vote. No way she reaches that

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    Hillary voted for the war. So did Bill. Gore.
    Hillary did nothing while they died in Benghazi and then lied about it
    Obama increased the national debt by almost 11 trillion. More than every president before him combined
    Jobs rebounded as everyone knew they would. More unemployed since the 70's. People who stopped looking are now suddenly counted as employed. First time ever. LOL

chico2663

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11198

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Trump is gonna ruin Hillary when they debate.. Enjoy this happy time now my Democratic and Liberal friends because it ain't gonna last....

Trumpster will step up his game like he always does come head on head debating time!!!!...

That's gonna be fun to watch!!! Buckle up gents it should be a wild ride...
    I don't see it JBibby... Trump has zero substance and just hot air. Hillary can point to her lifetime of helping people, going to feed the homeless, spending time with the sick, supporting the troops. When have you ever seen Trump do anything but help himself? She's been in politics all her life, understands history and how Government works. Trump does not. She knows geography, he does not. What can he talk about but him being a billionaire? What issues can he explain rationally without bullying her? How is he going to explain building a wall? How is he going to fund it? How stupid will that look when she gives him facts that the majority of people fly into America illegally.

Trump can't even bring up business when she hammers him on 6 bankruptcies? Trump is very inexperienced in politics. His only response will be lies, lies, fear, fear. That's not going to go over well when it's crunch time. He hit a cord with a part of Republicans. That same cord will not be hit with all of America. His talk down, alienate people approach is going to kill him in the long run.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyburrito View Post
    A landslide in a presidential election is 55% of popular vote. No way she reaches that
    is that a standard definition or are you just saying that?

i had a little more to add on the matter actually:

clinton doesnt need to destroy trump in the debate. she just needs to draw, actually just dont get blown out. if anyone watches soccer, they talk about managing draws all the time. she isnt going to put herself in a position to look silly IMO.

thats another reason itll be close, she just fends him off she wins, he needs to dominate her in the debates

chico2663

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    Obama increased the national debt by almost 11 trillion. More than every president before him combined
    Jobs rebounded as everyone knew they would. More unemployed since the 70's. People who stopped looking are now suddenly counted as employed. First time ever. LOL
    YOU DIDN'T HAVE A CHOICE BUT TO VOTE FOR THE WAR. Remember the dixie chicks and how they were ostracized.
    Do you buy furniture without budgeting for it and not having the cash to pay for it.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11198

I'm thinking she gets much more than 51%. When it's all said and done she will probably get 55% of the popular vote even with other 3rd party candidates stealing ~10%. I think she's going to totally dominate the electoral votes... at least 70%.

Do not estimate the power of woman and people of color. He alienated the wrong people and will most likely have a backlash of epic proportions. I think even staunch Republicans are going to not vote for him when the rubber meets the road. When people actually punch their ballot, I think many are going to realize that they can't back an emotional wreck like Trump. They will go in not sure but will pick Hillary because they don't have another choice.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyburrito View Post
    What about an electoral landslide? I think Hillary could win 374-164.

chico2663

Rubio would kill clinton . Clinton will kill trump.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

I don't see it JBibby... Trump has zero substance and just hot air. Hillary can point to her lifetime of helping people, going to feed the homeless, spending time with the sick, supporting the troops. When have you ever seen Trump do anything but help himself? She's been in politics all her life, understands history and how Government works. Trump does not. She knows geography, he does not. What can he talk about but him being a billionaire? What issues can he explain rationally without bullying her? How is he going to explain building a wall? How is he going to fund it? How stupid will that look when she gives him facts that the majority of people fly into America illegally.

Trump can't even bring up business when she hammers him on 6 bankruptcies? Trump is very inexperienced in politics. His only response will be lies, lies, fear, fear. That's not going to go over well when it's crunch time. He hit a cord with a part of Republicans. That same cord will not be hit with all of America. His talk down, alienate people approach is going to kill him in the long run.
    what do you mean by this

chico2663

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

I'm thinking she gets much more than 51%. When it's all said and done she will probably get 55% of the popular vote even with other 3rd party candidates stealing ~10%. I think she's going to totally dominate the electoral votes... at least 70%.

Do not estimate the power of woman and people of color. He alienated the wrong people and will most likely have a backlash of epic proportions. I think even staunch Republicans are going to not vote for him when the rubber meets the road. When people actually punch their ballot, I think many are going to realize that they can't back an emotional wreck like Trump. They will go in not sure but will pick Hillary because they don't have another choice.
    So that would look like:
    Hillary 55
    Trump 35

Come on That's not happening. Hillary +8% is pretty much the max. But she could win by 4-5 and win an electoral landslide.

The full pop % range is Hillary +8 to Trump +2. Most likely is right in the middle -- Hillary by 2 to 4. Sounds close, but it's not necessarily close electorally.
    Last edited by d2bets; 07-28-16 at 11:13 PM.

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

The Republican Party of North Carolina offered an "unqualified" apology Thursday to Virginia Sen. Tim Kaine over a tweet that appeared to question the Democratic vice presidential nominee's patriotism.

The original tweet, now deleted, said: "@timkaine wears a Honduras flag pin on his jacket but no American flag. Shameful."

As noted by WNYT reporter Ben Amey, Kaine's lapel pin was a Blue Star Service pin in recognition of his son, a Marine on active duty.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

http://www.270towin.com/

where does he lose that they have him winning

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

So that would look like:
    Hillary 55
    Trump 35

Come on That's not happening. Hillary +8% is pretty much the max. But she could win by 4-5 and win an electoral landslide.
    this seems more likely, they are going to manage the campaign like i said somewhere else, winning ugly is the term i would use

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party

is that a standard definition or are you just saying that?
    its a standard definition

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    You know why the country was losingn 800,000 jobs a month don't you? It was due to the financial meltdown that was caused in part by banks being forced to make home loans to people who couldn't afford them. Bush warned against this. Obama promoted it.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

the media loves hillary but the last thing they want is people tuning out, remember that

this is the best storyline election of all time

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumLeap View Post
    You know why the country was losingn 800,000 jobs a month don't you? It was due to the financial meltdown that was caused in part by banks being forced to make home loans to people who couldn't afford them. Bush warned against this. Obama promoted it.
    Oh I know. Truth you said.

To be fair, Bush didn't do enough.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party

Not sure of the top of my head what # would constitute an electoral landslide but you'd think it'd be more plausible.

during the cnn broadcast they mentioned that in one of the elections Obama received 350 electoral votes. I don't remember him winning the college that decisively.

DwightShrute

First ... 65666768697071 ... Last