Dan Kelly
    Update your status
    Dan Kelly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 101

This bet should be, at least, 100 to 1. What am I missing??????

I just found this bet on Bookmaker.eu under "GOLF SPECIALS".

WILL ANY PLAYER MAKE A HOLE-IN-ONE SKIPPING BALL ACROSS POND ON NO. 16 DURING WEDNESDAY PRACTICE ROUND?
    11:16 AM
    YES ADDED
    NO
    http://www.sbnation.com/golf/2014/4/...kip-shot-video

Best as I can tell, in the past few years there have been hundreds of practice rounds played on Wednesdays at the Masters and 2 have skipped a ball in to the hole on 16, I hate to lay 14 to 1 on anything, but this seems very wrong.

Anyone have any insight.

BoL
    Last edited by Dan Kelly; 04-04-16 at 03:04 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Jayvegas420

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

"No" is the obvious way to go, but there are all kinds of fluke things that happen; why risk that much for a hundred bucks? Pass.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 131

Ya, the chances of that happening are almost zero.

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273617

interesting prop. unique anyway

lilpete
    lilpete's Avatar Become A Pro!

the obvious choice is yes otherwise they wouldnt offer the bet

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

"Skipping the ball across the pond"

What kind of sh@# are they coming up with now?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

How do you cap or model this crap?

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Very weird number and oddly specific SKIPPING BALL ACROSS POND ON NO. 16 DURING WEDNESDAY PRACTICE ROUND?

smells fishy... must be some bet between pros the books picked up on and fishing for suckers @-1415 but even if you're trying to hit that shot it can't be easy
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Dan Kelly

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

No fukking way. Anybody that plays golf knows that should be waaaaaay higher. At least 100 to 1

Breadloser
    Big Bear
    Breadloser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Bookmaker is horrific. That's why.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    No fukking way. Anybody that plays golf knows that should be waaaaaay higher. At least 100 to 1
    I agree. More and more you look at this.... something is really weird about this prop.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 131

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    How do you cap or model this crap?
    You have go go out and measure each pond

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

pin placement matters here.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10476

yes 100-1 or 250 - 1
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Dan Kelly

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14721

Holy shit Bruce.
    Was that today?

So the -1400 was a loser?

SharpAngles

Moral of the story...

When a book offers you a cupcake you better check that fker for broken glass

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

How long till Lil Pete checks in????

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

That was in 2009 I think.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

Oh. It was posted this morning.
    Is sighn even playing this week?

smoke a bowl

Not sure but looks like it happened in 2009 and 2011 during practice rounds. Guessing if anything the yes is closer to a good bet than the no but feels like about +700 to +800 is the fair price here.

smoke a bowl

I'm 100% that -1400ish is a losing bet longterm here.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

This is like when I bet Kobe and Shaq would not shake hands -600 sucker bet.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

Are the players allowed to hit as many balls as they want?

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry

Published: Wednesday, April 08, 2015 | 9:13 a.m.

The Masters has so many great, fun traditions.
    Two of those fun on-course traditions that come before the actual tournament proper begins are the Par 3 Contest and the skipping-the-ball-across-the-water on the par-3 16th hole during practice rounds.
    Basically, after hitting their actual tee shots on No. 16, players go to the front of the tee box right at the water's edge. From there, they drop a ball, take a swing and skip the ball across the water to see who can come closest to the hole. The patrons love it.
    RELATED: Masters tee times | 10 players to watch | Tuesday's best photos
    Well, on April 7, 2009, the patrons got an even bigger thrill than they bargained for.
    On that day, 2000 Masters champion Vijay Singh did one better than skipping his ball across the water and onto the green.
    Instead, he skipped it across the water, onto the green and into the hole.
    Luckily for those of us who weren't there in person, a patron captured it on camera:

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry

Published: Wednesday, April 06, 2016 | 10:40 a.m.

AUGUSTA, Ga. (AP) – The chants start as soon as each group has finished teeing off at the 16th hole.

"Skip! Skip! Skip!"

At Augusta National, this is the closest thing to a party.

"The fans get pretty irate when they don't skip the ball," said Masters patron Dave Goldbach of Buffalo, sipping on a beer as the final groups came through in the fading sunlight of Tuesday's practice round.

For many, this is the place to be before the first major of the year gets going for real, a chance to watch everyone from the biggest names in golf to unknown amateurs attempt to skip the ball off the water – the more times, the better – and land it safely on the green.

It's a technique roughly akin to throwing a smooth rock across a glassy pond. Only in this case, it's done with a 4-iron instead of a strong arm, after dropping a ball on the downslope in the second cut of grass between the tee box and the water on the 170-yard hole known as "Redbud," tucked back in a far corner of the course, about as far from the clubhouse as you can get.

The 16th – essentially a tee and a green connected by a narrow strand of water – has been the sight of many dramatic moments at the Masters, from Tiger Woods holing an improbable chip that carried him to the green jacket in 2005 to Greg Norman dumping his tee shot in the water to finish off a stunning collapse two decades ago.

There's nothing on the line during the practice rounds, which allowed for a tradition that dates to the 1980s and has become as much a part of the place as blooming azaleas and pimiento cheese sandwiches.

No one in an official capacity is quite sure when all this started, but former player Ken Green took credit for it during an interview with Golfweek.

Davis Love III played his first Masters in 1988. Even as more and more players took part, he refused for several years to join the skip-a-thon at No. 16, mindful that club founders Clifford Roberts and Bobby Jones likely would've frowned on those sort of hijinks.

"I didn't think it was in the tradition of the Masters," Love said. "Then I started getting booed."

Indeed, this is the one spot where the patrons, who are expected to be on their best behavior most of the week, can let down their hair just a bit. Not to say the heckling approaches anything you might hear coming from the bleachers at Yankee Stadium, but no one will be thrown off the grounds if they direct a hearty catcall at anyone who refuses to take part.

"When no one put a note in my locker saying not to do it," Love went on, "I decided it must be OK. So I started doing it again."

Now, as he prepares to play in his 20th Masters, the Ryder Cup captain has developed into one of the better ball-skippers. The 51-year-old showed off his form to a couple of younger players Tuesday, rocketing the ball into the water just a few feet past the bank to produce one towering bounce, followed by a couple of smaller hops that sent it bouncing onto the green.

Amateur Paul Chaplet, playing in his first Masters, decided to keep his ball low all the way.

Rookie mistake.

He got three short skips before his ball whacked the grassy bank at the other end of the pond, falling back into the water. There were shouts of "Again! Again!" but he merely smiled and began the walk of shame toward the green.

Chris Kirk also went for a shot that was never more than a few inches off the water. Same result, though he did score points for smacking a GoPro camera installed along the bank to provide a water-level perspective of the whole scene.

"I went for the low shot," Kirk said, grinning. "Davis goes with a higher ball. Obviously, his worked better than mine."

The fans really get into it, reminding Goldbach to bring up another 16th hole known for its boisterous shenanigans at the Phoenix Open. OK, so it's not that wild – c'mon, this is Augusta – but there are certainly plenty of etiquette-diminishing suds flowing among fans who pack the grandstands and the towering hill that provides a natural amphitheater for both the 16th and the adjacent sixth hole, also a par 3.

"It's an exciting aspect of watching a practice round," said Goldbach, attending his first Masters along with a friend, Roger Kapturowski. "There's an art to it. It's all in the technique."

Six-time Masters champion Jack Nicklaus would occasionally skip the ball at the 16th, but only when he was at the club working on his game the week before the tournament.

He never tried it in front of the patrons.

"I don't think I was good enough," the Golden Bear explained. "And I was too cheap. I didn't want to lose a golf ball."

These days, hardly anyone is willing to risk the wrath of the crowd by skipping the chance to skip.

"For some people, it's the only day they'll be here. It might be the only day they'll ever be here," Love said, standing outside the clubhouse after completing his practice round. "If you don't do it, you're going to let someone down."

Right then, Augusta National Chairman Billy Payne pulled up on a golf cart.

"Maybe we should ask the chairman if it's OK to skip the ball," Love suggested. "I wonder what he would think if we did it during the tournament."

What about it, Mr. Chairman?

"Can you do it during the tournament?" Payne repeated, pursing his lips and pausing for dramatic effect. "Only if it goes in."

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Jayvegas420, and Dan Kelly

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

Hole in one for Player!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

It's worth a shot because they're all great golfers and extremely accurate

dfish
    Sea Pines
    dfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffie View Post
    Hole in one for Player!
    Wow, his 31st to boot.
    http://www.pga.com/news/masters/80-y...es-hole-in-one

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

Quote Originally Posted by dfish View Post
    I know he's been playing for a long time but 31 is still incredible to me. Even great golfers won't even get 1 throughout life.

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffie View Post
    Hole in one for Player!
    luckily it did not Skip across the pond. it was the conventional type!

SharpAngles

Quote Originally Posted by trytrytry View Post
    luckily it did not Skip across the pond. it was the conventional type!
    Lol... how much you get down on no?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: turtlejc

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry

Record Breaking Nine Aces at the 2016 Par 3 ContestRecord Breaking Nine Aces at the 2016 Par 3 Contest

smoke a bowl

Quote Originally Posted by trytrytry View Post
    Record Breaking Nine Aces at the 2016 Par 3 ContestRecord Breaking Nine Aces at the 2016 Par 3 Contest
    Any on 16?

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry

Quote Originally Posted by smoke a bowl View Post
    Any on 16?
    no skippers

12 Last