1. #36
    Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-13-09
    Posts: 4,502
    Betpoints: 14052

    Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    Ever heard of the phrase 'God bless America' amongst presidents and politicians?? The separation between church and state is almost non existant in USA. Such religious influence within not only politics but wider society in general simply doesn't exist in most other 1st world countries, so the argument that your a secular country hardly holds credibility when put under even minor scrutiny.

    Could go on but wont as the history of America and religious influence is embarrassing when looked at through a 21st century lens...

    I was talking about what you said was going on 100 years ago. We were WAY more religious back then. A bunch of Athiests? You'd have been hung.

  2. #37
    grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-01-12
    Posts: 16,021
    Betpoints: 2571

    Dommer hit the nail on the head. This is why bernie won the popular vote in IA but Hillary may still get more delegates in the end.

  3. #38
    EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 06-19-09
    Posts: 15,242

    Hillary has a pile of Superdelagates already, in states that haven't even had primaries yet. What kind of corrupt bullshit is that ? Sounds like a GOP move but the Democrats are making them too. The political system in this country is already very socialist but people don't want to call themselves that. We call these other countries corrupt but it is hard to believe any country could be much more corrupt than ours is right now.
    Points Awarded:

    lakerboy gave EmpireMaker 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.


  4. #39
    Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-14-07
    Posts: 30,138
    Betpoints: 12

    Quote Originally Posted by EmpireMaker View Post
    Hillary has a pile of Superdelagates already, in states that haven't even had primaries yet. What kind of corrupt bullshit is that ? Sounds like a GOP move but the Democrats are making them too. The political system in this country is already very socialist but people don't want to call themselves that. We call these other countries corrupt but it is hard to believe any country could be much more corrupt than ours is right now.
    We force most other countries into corruption by monetary debt
    Last edited by Otters27; 02-22-16 at 07:57 AM.

  5. #40
    MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Roger Mexico
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-08-14
    Posts: 15,064
    Betpoints: 846

    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    He moved to Saudi Arabia and converted to Islam.
    May he rest in peace.

  6. #41
    19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-22-09
    Posts: 16,677
    Betpoints: 6126

    Corporations are people
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 12/01/2022


  7. #42
    Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-13-09
    Posts: 4,502
    Betpoints: 14052

    Quote Originally Posted by 19th Hole View Post
    Corporations are people
    People do forget this. They let movies and propaganda make them dumb to this. Corporations are a LOT of people. They are a huge part of your life, and create millions of jobs. You can't just screw them for the sake of screwing them, as badly as you may want to.

  8. #43
    ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-20-09
    Posts: 13,951
    Betpoints: 2191

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    I was talking about what you said was going on 100 years ago. We were WAY more religious back then. A bunch of Athiests? You'd have been hung.
    Ok my bad on the wording.

    Maybe not Athiests more than non-religious...

    Moreso if corporations are people then why does the government not recognise them as that?

    Last i heard corporations were still recognised as entities...

  9. #44
    Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-13-09
    Posts: 4,502
    Betpoints: 14052

    Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    Moreso if corporations are people then why does the government not recognise them as that?

    Last i heard corporations were still recognised as entities...
    We were being metaphorical, but...

    Our corporate taxes are so high, you need to reclassify things and give corps a lot of advantages just to keep them here. UK as well.

  10. #45
    eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-02-08
    Posts: 9,439
    Betpoints: 7979

    I would like the USA to be broken up into 4 different countries.
    Those states and in the south are 50 years behind everyone else.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 12/01/2022

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/21/2022


  11. #46
    texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-05-09
    Posts: 9,231
    Betpoints: 4775

    Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    I would like the USA to be broken up into 4 different countries.
    Those states and in the south are 50 years behind everyone else.
    why stop there. just make every state a country.

  12. #47
    rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-05-09
    Posts: 37,895
    Betpoints: 9774

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    We were being metaphorical, but...

    Our corporate taxes are so high, you need to reclassify things and give corps a lot of advantages just to keep them here. UK as well.
    Bull shit. Reagan cut their taxes and so did Bush. Obama continued. If their taxes are too high, it's from the state
    level, not from federal.

    Using that excuse to pack up and move overseas is bullshit. NAFTA allowed that shit to happen. Cutting employee
    costs and bringing their shit back here duty free brings huge profits and makes shareholders happy.

    Now we are doing another trade deal. The fukking continues.

    The corruption comes from corporations who bought our congressmen. Money talks, bullshit walks.

  13. #48
    19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-22-09
    Posts: 16,677
    Betpoints: 6126

    Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    Ok my bad on the wording.

    Maybe not Athiests more than non-religious...

    Moreso if corporations are people then why does the government not recognise them as that?

    Last i heard corporations were still recognised as entities...

    Maybe you should actually step foot on American soil.
    1) USA is less religious today than ever before in our history.
    2) SCOTUS - corporations are people.
    (Ruling was regarding political donations.)
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 12/01/2022


  14. #49
    grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-01-12
    Posts: 16,021
    Betpoints: 2571

    Quote Originally Posted by 19th Hole View Post
    Maybe you should actually step foot on American soil.
    1) USA is less religious today than ever before in our history.
    2) SCOTUS - corporations are people.
    (Ruling was regarding political donations.)
    I think coocher was saying corporations are regarded as entities for tax purposes.

    The argument behind corporate personhood is that people do not lose their constutional rights when they act collectively.

First 12
Top