1. #1
    t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-18-09
    Posts: 38,099
    Betpoints: 2032

    #1 Oklahoma travels to Iowa State tonight

    Great Big 12 game here. These two teams have played some thrillers in recent years.

    Ames is a very tough place to play. Last year Oklahoma blew a huge lead in this matchup at ISU. They already played each other once this year and OU narrowly escaped with the win.

    I like Iowa State to get this one tonight. Niang will step up with a big game tonight.

  2. #2
    Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 13,025
    Betpoints: 5426

    If Cyclones were dogs I would bet them.

  3. #3
    Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-13-07
    Posts: 16,119
    Betpoints: 1945

    I've got the sooners (+9.5) in my teaser...that should be relatively safe considering they are probably the best team in the land right now...

  4. #4
    JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-06-14
    Posts: 18,220
    Betpoints: 7960

    Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    I've got the sooners (+9.5) in my teaser...that should be relatively safe considering they are probably the best team in the land right now...
    yeah the best team in the land and they are getting +2.. somethin fishy about that line. give me OU and +2 please.

  5. #5
    Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-13-07
    Posts: 16,119
    Betpoints: 1945

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDr3am View Post
    yeah the best team in the land and they are getting +2.. somethin fishy about that line. give me OU and +2 please.
    not only that but the Sooners did beat them a few weeks ago 87 - 83...good game that went back and forth and came down to the final possession...I expect a similar type of game tonight in Ames...

  6. #6
    unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-27-08
    Posts: 27,186
    Betpoints: 158

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDr3am View Post
    yeah the best team in the land and they are getting +2.. somethin fishy about that line. give me OU and +2 please.
    They are getting points because they are on the road playing a top team, nothing fishy about it

  7. #7
    19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-22-09
    Posts: 16,943
    Betpoints: 8095

    Whole world is on the Cyclones

  8. #8
    El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-03-12
    Posts: 18,431
    Betpoints: 1783

    Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    not only that but the Sooners did beat them a few weeks ago 87 - 83...good game that went back and forth and came down to the final possession...I expect a similar type of game tonight in Ames...
    Cyclones were leading most of that game and went cold in the last 3 min. That rarely happens at Hilton. If you like OU, bet them 1st half.

  9. #9
    blackeyeshamus
    swampdog stomp!
    blackeyeshamus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-19-11
    Posts: 6,632
    Betpoints: 2224

    Quote Originally Posted by 19th Hole View Post
    Whole world is on the Cyclones

    535 Oklahoma 169 1.5 105 o 168.0 (-110) 7977 69% 62% 63%
    9:00PM 536 Iowa St. 1 -1.5 -125 u 168.0 (-110) 31% 38% 37%

  10. #10
    KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-11-14
    Posts: 12,824
    Betpoints: 19247

    Just live bet this game, the two most sporadic teams in the country. Last year if I remember ISU had huge lead in Norman and blew the game and last year in Ames OU was up by like 20 in the second half and lost.

  11. #11
    DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-28-13
    Posts: 9,044
    Betpoints: 794

    Quote Originally Posted by 19th Hole View Post
    Whole world is on the Cyclones
    70% of bets on Oklahoma actually

  12. #12
    The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-25-11
    Posts: 28,901
    Betpoints: 552

    Consensus #'s are a joke, can't take any of them seriously.

    Right now I could probably find 20 different consensus #'s for this game

    Which one is right? Who knows

    Just pick the winner boys, it's very easy

  13. #13
    No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-18-10
    Posts: 76,307
    Betpoints: 16541

    Why would you bet this game?

  14. #14
    TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-06-08
    Posts: 14,430
    Betpoints: 7028

    Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    If Cyclones were dogs I would bet them.
    I think the opposite way

    Iowa State -1.5 -110

    2 units

  15. #15
    The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-25-11
    Posts: 28,901
    Betpoints: 552

    Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Why would you bet this game?
    Because I'm a homer and it adds entertainment value to the game

  16. #16
    JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-06-14
    Posts: 18,220
    Betpoints: 7960

    Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Consensus #'s are a joke, can't take any of them seriously.

    Right now I could probably find 20 different consensus #'s for this game

    Which one is right? Who knows

    Just pick the winner boys, it's very easy
    couldn't agree more.. consensus #'s are not really as accurate as you would like..

  17. #17
    R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-15-12
    Posts: 9,654
    Betpoints: 28

    Bet it live be a back and forth gm and get better value on either side honestly I think. Personally I never like backing a NEWLY crowned #1 in polls and fade if anything. Bol everyone!

  18. #18
    t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-18-09
    Posts: 38,099
    Betpoints: 2032

    Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    70% of bets on Oklahoma actually
    Based on some random website? Okay.

  19. #19
    t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-18-09
    Posts: 38,099
    Betpoints: 2032

    Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Why would you bet this game?
    If you feel like you have a good feel for it, why wouldn't you?

  20. #20
    No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-18-10
    Posts: 76,307
    Betpoints: 16541

    Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    If you feel like you have a good feel for it, why wouldn't you?
    What "feel" would that be?

    Iowa State almost won in Norman, but they have no bench and play no defense.

  21. #21
    t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-18-09
    Posts: 38,099
    Betpoints: 2032

    Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    What "feel" would that be?

    Iowa State almost won in Norman, but they have no bench and play no defense.
    They have experience and a good homecourt advantage. And talent.

    Just because you don't have a clue here doesn't mean someone else doesn't. You're not betting the game. That's fine. This thread was created to talk about the game since it's a big matchup. Nobody is holding a gun to anyone's head.

  22. #22
    BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-30-09
    Posts: 19,314
    Betpoints: 1803

    I'm usually pessimistic about OU but my gut says they win tonight despite how tough of a place Ames is to play.

    It will probably be another back and forth game.

  23. #23
    jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 394,888

    All over Okl

    Vegas Pro

  24. #24
    No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-18-10
    Posts: 76,307
    Betpoints: 16541

    Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    They have experience and a good homecourt advantage. And talent.

    Just because you don't have a clue here doesn't mean someone else doesn't. You're not betting the game. That's fine. This thread was created to talk about the game since it's a big matchup. Nobody is holding a gun to anyone's head.
    You have zero discipline. That's why you lose so much. You bet every prime time game on the lot (or at least, pretend to).

    Your reasoning is "they have experience and a good homecourt advantage"? That's it? LOL.

  25. #25
    The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-25-11
    Posts: 28,901
    Betpoints: 552

    Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    You have zero discipline. That's why you lose so much. You bet every prime time game on the lot (or at least, pretend to).

    Your reasoning is "they have experience and a good homecourt advantage"? That's it? LOL.
    Vegas forgot to factor those two things in the line

  26. #26
    El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-03-12
    Posts: 18,431
    Betpoints: 1783

    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    All over Okl

    Primm Pro
    Fixed

  27. #27
    jhack704
    jhack704's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-04-09
    Posts: 5,346
    Betpoints: 164

    isu WILL win

  28. #28
    TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-24-10
    Posts: 13,172
    Betpoints: 3607

    Guys let remember what this day is about. It's MLK. If we can't come together today then there is no hope. Dude had a dream. Let's do our part

  29. #29
    t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-18-09
    Posts: 38,099
    Betpoints: 2032

    Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    You have zero discipline. That's why you lose so much. You bet every prime time game on the lot (or at least, pretend to).

    Your reasoning is "they have experience and a good homecourt advantage"? That's it? LOL.
    Speak for yourself. You repeatedly bet on teams you've never even watched and then bitch when you lose and copy and paste the play by play of the last couple minutes of the game. As if just reading a play by play tells the story of how the game unfolded.

    Maybe Iowa State is just a sore spot for you. I remember you putting like 30 units on a juicy Iowa State moneyline a year or two ago and losing your lunch. Naturally you bitched about this and that after the game but in reality you know you had no one to blame but yourself.

  30. #30
    DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-28-13
    Posts: 9,044
    Betpoints: 794

    Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Based on some random website? Okay.
    Vegasinsider .com

  31. #31
    No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-18-10
    Posts: 76,307
    Betpoints: 16541

    Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Speak for yourself. You repeatedly bet on teams you've never even watched and then bitch when you lose and copy and paste the play by play of the last couple minutes of the game. As if just reading a play by play tells the story of how the game unfolded.

    Maybe Iowa State is just a sore spot for you. I remember you putting like 30 units on a juicy Iowa State moneyline a year or two ago and losing your lunch. Naturally you bitched about this and that after the game but in reality you know you had no one to blame but yourself.
    So your angle is seriously "they have experience and a good homecourt advantage"?

    Trying really hard to believe you do anything but chuck darts these days.

  32. #32
    inZane
    inZane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-13-13
    Posts: 1,206
    Betpoints: 4906

    I'm feeling the cyclones and the over as a lil' insurance. Good luck wizz


  33. #33
    TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-24-10
    Posts: 13,172
    Betpoints: 3607

    Ok the dream is broken. Just keep going at each other til tipoff. Then meet here after the game and square off in a game of I told u so

  34. #34
    No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-18-10
    Posts: 76,307
    Betpoints: 16541

    Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    Ok the dream is broken. Just keep going at each other til tipoff. Then meet here after the game and square off in a game of I told u so
    I couldn't care less about this game. Just trying to figure out how someone could possibly have an "angle" here, given what these teams did against each other the first time around and the current form they're in.

  35. #35
    t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-18-09
    Posts: 38,099
    Betpoints: 2032

    Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    So your angle is seriously "they have experience and a good homecourt advantage"?

    Trying really hard to believe you do anything but chuck darts these days.
    Just like you bud. Not sure there's anyone on this forum who bets more teams he's never even seen play.

    Now if you have any thoughts on this game, by all means share with the rest of us. If not, you might as well leave. Pretty evident you're just looking for an argument here

123 Last
Top