Kek13
    Kek13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Funny how Lebron loses his two best teammates an no excuses for not winning, yet MJ never won without his sidekick

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

LeBron will to score a lot just to maybe break a scoring record for one series in the finals

Never forget and it's overlooked a lot Michael Jordan 3 titles with the Hall of Famer Dennis Rodman who is one of the most high impact players in NBA history

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

Quote Originally Posted by Kek13 View Post
    Funny how Lebron loses his two best teammates an no excuses for not winning, yet MJ never won without his sidekick
    MJ also had a hall of famer (pippen) for his whole career, and a hall of fame coach too. lebron had mike brown lol

Kek13

I agree man I was referring to pippen as the sidekick the hate for Lebron makes no sense an the love for Jordan is the product of being a superstar in the 90s before the Internet an 500 channels to flip through

dmncnlou
    dmncnlou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9993

Quote Originally Posted by Kek13 View Post
    Funny, how he played with 2 other max contract players and he got beat on his home court for the title. While being 4 to 1 favorites.

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by dmncnlou View Post
    Funny, how he played with 2 other max contract players and he got beat on his home court for the title. While being 4 to 1 favorites.

ZetaPsi808

who?

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by ZetaPsi808 View Post
    who?

Wade and Bosh

ZetaPsi808

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    Wade and Bosh
    true. mavs were -160 over the mavs to win that series. not 4 to 1. no idea what he was talking about

Vegas39

true. mavs were -160 over the mavs to win that series. not 4 to 1. no idea what he was talking about
    yeah don't think ever +400 in that series

Kek13

Another Mj lover making a stupid argument, again before I say anything I never said James was better. But max contracts didn't start until 1998-1999 am Scottie pippen would probably of been a max type guy as well as a Dennis rod man if Josh smith is one

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Rodman a Hall of Famer you can't put him in most categories he was a big timer

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

4 to 1 favorite? against what team?
    They were 2:1 dogs last year against San Antonio in the Finals

2Shirts
    2Shirts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 381

What the Hell are you making up???

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Do u guys feel like listing his excuses before he gets wiped out of the finals or wait untill the talking heads fill ya up with them? I hear a lot of talk about how "Lebron is gonna will his team" and all that other bullshit. C'mon guys list the excuses before the finals end. I will list a few to start off.

1. Love is hurt. Didn't matter last series but of course it will this time around
    2. Irving is banged up. Didn't matter last series but of course when they get wiped out it will be a big excuse this time around
    3. Lebron over the years has played a lot of games and is now gassed. He say's he feels great but of course this excuse will rear its ugly head if the series gets ugly.
    4. Lebron is a one man team. They will soon forget what JR Smith has been doing as well as a few others to get them where they are.

Just a few fellas.

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

why are we comparing MJ and lebron? How about we talk about how both of them are whiny little B!tches.. One of them had to fake a flu and the other had to be carried off the court because of cramps.. MJ is the greatest of all time and I'm talking about the one with aids.

GamblingWizard
    GamblingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

MJ also had a hall of famer (pippen) for his whole career, and a hall of fame coach too. lebron had mike brown lol
    Phil Jackson wasn't a hall of fame coach until he coached Michael Jordan sir! If there was no Michael Jordan, Phil Jackson wouldn't be a hall of fame coach.

Michael Jordan didn't get to hand pick his team either. Scottie Pippen became a hall of famer playing alongside Michael Jordan. The Bulls developed their team. Jordan didn't pick up and go play with Magic Johnson or Larry Bird. Lebron ran to Miami to play with a superstar and a a star with Wade & Bosh. I would have the utmost respect for Lebron if he stayed in Cleveland and toughed it out and developed players and drafted young guys and won titles in Cleveland. I hope he never wins one in Cleveland, he's such a diva and cry baby. Can't stand the guy.

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15371

Teams want Lebron to shoot while teams try to take Jordan out of the game.

“They actually didn’t focus on me last year,” James said. “They didn’t guard me. I didn’t make shots … It wasn’t much of a game plan; they didn’t guard me.”

On the afternoon of April 3, 1988, Jordan embarrassed Detroit by scoring 59 points in a nationally televised game that Chicago won 112-110. That wasn’t the first time Jordan had worn out the Pistons—he had gone for 49, 47, 61 and 49 against them during various games in previous seasons. But after the 59-point effort, Detroit coach Chuck Daly had seen enough. “We made up our minds right then and there that Michael Jordan was not going to beat us by himself again,” says Daly. “We had to commit to a total team concept to get it done.”
    Last edited by raiders72001; 06-07-15 at 03:02 AM.

GamblingWizard
    GamblingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    No. Jordan was the best player in nba history. If his dad didn't get shot he would have won 8 straight titles.

Jordan is the GOAT and anybody with sense knows this. The man did a 3-Peat twice, lol. That's insane. He beat 2 Hall of Famers twice going up against Karl Malone & John Stockton. Jordan denied so many Hall of Famers rings because they couldn't beat him. Jordan was unstoppable. You give him the ball at the end of the game, you know it's going in. Not only do you know he's getting the ball, but you can't stop him. I saw Jordan double and triple teamed and they still couldn't stop him.

If Jordan was 35 right now he'd dominate the NBA. Jordan went 6-0 in Finals appearances. That means on the biggest stage, your not beating him. He raised the level of play of guys like Steve Kerr, BJ Armstrong, and many other role players. There is a reason Jordan is a billionaire and will be talked about forever, until the end of time. Because Michael Jordan is the G.O.A.T point blank period. Lebron is a manchild, and man amongst boys no doubt, but he's no Michael Jordan. He not even close to what Michael Jordan was.

Michael Jordan is a Legend!

nelsonrc24
    nelsonrc24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1089

Quote Originally Posted by GamblingWizard View Post
    Jordan is the GOAT and anybody with sense knows this. The man did a 3-Peat twice, lol. That's insane. He beat 2 Hall of Famers twice going up against Karl Malone & John Stockton. Jordan denied so many Hall of Famers rings because they couldn't beat him. Jordan was unstoppable. You give him the ball at the end of the game, you know it's going in. Not only do you know he's getting the ball, but you can't stop him. I saw Jordan double and triple teamed and they still couldn't stop him.

If Jordan was 35 right now he'd dominate the NBA. Jordan went 6-0 in Finals appearances. That means on the biggest stage, your not beating him. He raised the level of play of guys like Steve Kerr, BJ Armstrong, and many other role players. There is a reason Jordan is a billionaire and will be talked about forever, until the end of time. Because Michael Jordan is the G.O.A.T point blank period. Lebron is a manchild, and man amongst boys no doubt, but he's no Michael Jordan. He not even close to what Michael Jordan was.

Michael Jordan is a Legend!

Let me guess, you were born somewhere in late 70s or early 80s, right?

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

id say being without your 2nd and 3rd best player and being over 2/1 dogs you dont need to come up with excuses why you lose

ZetaPsi808

yeah lebron aint jordan. he is more of a magic/bird type player. a better version of those players tho

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Jordan played against far better competition than this shit league now. Here is how i mark a superstar. Magic Johnson got a lot of press on how great he was but he was bigger than everyone he played against (guards) In the one finals Phil Jackson put Pippen on him and Magic became average. Someone his own size. Now James in his first finals got completely shut down by a good defender Bruce Bowan. Same thing happen against the Spurs last year because once again a good defender guarded him in Kwami. U put a solid defender on him and u see weakness. Nobody stop Jordan and there were some big name defenders back then. I wouldn't be surprised if the Cavs win tonight tho because that is how fix this league is. James will prolly go to the line over 20 times tonight. The big Russian can have a big game along with JR Smith but all the credit will go to James because people are so blinded by the talking heads to believe that. I think Lebron is a great player but like Shaq he isn't as great as these jackasses in the press make him out to be. Oh and i watched Iggy for ten years in Philly. He is an average defender at best who now is being called a great defender LMFAO.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

No LeBron isn't Jordan they are different players with different styles even tho Bron has SOME Jordan likeness in his gm. When comparing these 2 if you go simply by finals records you are an idiot plain/simple and don't see the multitude of other various factors at play.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

And Thor don't even give me your tired horseshit argument about how Jordan was beating so many great teams. Lakers were old washed up and end of glory, beat Pistons to get to a final very impressive right? Not really by end of that run Detroit had been to 3 straight finals, getting old themselves, and internal conflict = yet again good opportunistic timing for Bulls. Jazz? Yeah probably best duo they beat but not necessarily a world beater team. I just wish they had faced off with Rocks in mid 90's if MJ had not walked. Now that would have been a truly great series I think!

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    And Thor don't even give me your tired horseshit argument about how Jordan was beating so many great teams. Lakers were old washed up and end of glory, beat Pistons to get to a final very impressive right? Not really by end of that run Detroit had been to 3 straight finals, getting old themselves, and internal conflict = yet again good opportunistic timing for Bulls. Jazz? Yeah probably best duo they beat but not necessarily a world beater team. I just wish they had faced off with Rocks in mid 90's if MJ had not walked. Now that would have been a truly great series I think!
    not even worth debating with you. U are clueless

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Back at ya pal! Guessing your under 30 and maybe didn't see whole show and just heard tales from big bro? Well I did witness it and know the gm cause I played it nuff said...

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Lol at Delly Boy.

pinchegringo
    Update your status
    pinchegringo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4605

Revisionist history is revised, MJ was leaving CHI if he didnt get help. He may not have hand picked his teammates but he ensured he had them. Players taking matters into their own hands is evolution imo.

Also, D in 90s was played sparingly. Now every body plays it or we call you Melo.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Great now jordan played bad teams in the finals.

Suns with kj/barkley and majerle. That was a very good team. That suns team had home court as well.

Sonics won 64 games the year they lost to jordan. Payton was in his prime.

Portland had a solid team. Drexler was in his prime. People actually were saying that year before the series that drexler was just as good as jordan.

The lakers were old but that series was tiight except game 2. It was Jordans time.

Those Utah teams were great teams led by one of the best coaches ever. It took a lot for the bulls to beat them.

As for houston I remember how they barely beat that shitty knicks team that barely scraped by the jordan less bulls.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by pinchegringo View Post
    Revisionist history is revised, MJ was leaving CHI if he didnt get help. He may not have hand picked his teammates but he ensured he had them. Players taking matters into their own hands is evolution imo.

Also, D in 90s was played sparingly. Now every body plays it or we call you Melo.
    What? Those bulls team were great defensive teams. The knicks were a defensive juggernaut.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

LB make excuses all you want! As I've said NOT being a Jordan hater just realist. I got no problem with MJ and actually love him now and what he did. But seriously when did he ever beat Magic's Lakers, Larry's Celts, for that true defining win? Not saying MJ wasn't great and possibly best ever but sorry those wins over Sun's, Sonics etc don't do much for me sorry pal young teams loaded with losers who never did anything. Same can be said for Russell nut huggers with his 2 handful of rings vs 8 teams loaded with white midgets. What Magic did in 80's and Jordan did in 90's hands down more impressive.

pinchegringo
    Update your status

Mandatory reading for every one in this thread

http://therdsports.com/2013/06/19/the-mythic-1990s/

Vegas39

LB make excuses all you want! As I've said NOT being a Jordan hater just realist. I got no problem with MJ and actually love him now and what he did. But seriously when did he ever beat Magic's Lakers, Larry's Celts, for that true defining win? Not saying MJ wasn't great and possibly best ever but sorry those wins over Sun's, Sonics etc don't do much for me sorry pal young teams loaded with losers who never did anything. Same can be said for Russell nut huggers with his 2 handful of rings vs 8 teams loaded with white midgets. What Magic did in 80's and Jordan did in 90's hands down more impressive.
    1991 finals

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    1991 finals
    But he doesn't want to count those cause lakers were at the end of the line. The funny thing is the lakers were expected to win that series.

pinchegringo
    Update your status

What Magic did in 80's and Jordan did in 90's hands down more impressive.
    And using this theory everything done today is more impressive than what was done yesterday and every thing done tomorrow will be more impressive than what was done today.

I tend to agree with that but weigh the players against how dominant they were vs the league they were in. Russell was the most dominant player ever to play.

First 1234 Last