meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by Itsamazing777 View Post
    Super Bowl didnt have them either. And the previous Super Bowls the rule did not exist, so to those saying the legacy is tarnished.... No.
    Like it or not, they are tarnished. Spy gate tarnished the first three, and when they finally win another one after spy gate, deflate gate?

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 549

BeanTownClown88
    BeanTownClown88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4131

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    Like it or not, they are tarnished. Spy gate tarnished the first three, and when they finally win another one after spy gate, deflate gate?
    SpyGate tarnished 3SB'd that took place before the rule was even in existence? A memo went out to the league because everybody was filming from unauthorized areas and the memo said to knock it off...you're inability to comprehend SpyGate kind of minimizes your whole take on the situation..What if the Pats win it this year with everyone watching them like hawks...you still going to cry that they filmed people?

The same way people forgot about Pitt and SF and Denvers transgressions, no one will talk about this in 10-20 years. If filming and letting out half a lb of PSI out of a ball was the way to win for 15 years straight, we'd have a league full of dynasties...maybe its coaching, prep, and execution during big games which the pats can be credited for..Please man I'd be floored if I ever heard Belichick say that NE lost a game because the other team has 12 PSI instead of 12.5..the whole situation is more or less fodder for half-wits to banter about until the season starts in which NE will probably keep winning at the same pace and the haters will just hate harder

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

They destroyed all spygate evidence......It included things the league never wanted the public to see. Rampant cheating

What you're saying above is a joke and only something people from New England believe

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11842

Mr. Krafty dropped the appeal. What does that tell you? Guilty as charged

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19611

Kraft probably dropped the appeal in return for Goodell agreeing to cut back on Brady's suspension; he won't sit more than two games and he may not sit at all. Both are guilty as hell.

BeanTownClown88

Drunk Horse is right..why would they become friendly again and then Kraft take the punishment..It doesnt wreak of pats being guilty, it wreaks of goodell and kraft making a deal to keep Brady.

As a Pats fan, I have no issue with what's happening. Belichik is the closest thing we've seen to Vince Lombardi and lombardi engaged in gamesmanship harder than anyone. I'm happy "cheating" and winning because there's teams "cheating" and losing. Sorry people can have this time and hate but there's nothing better as a fan than watching your team in Jan and Feb. If the pats win the division again, people will say Brady must have a lighter than normal ball, he must have his fingernails grown too long, they must be Spygating again.

The NFL will be watching NE like hawks this year..can't wait to hear what the next accusation people will be having towards the Pats..I think it will be something like they are paying the refs or paying the rest of the division rivals to lose, something ridiculous. Not denying something happened this time..but nothing suggests Brady said "make the ball illegal" As long as his lawyers poke holes in that story, they will get games back in the appeal

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Robert Kraft says Patriots will not appeal discipline against his team, reluctantly. Tom Brady's appeal of his 4-game suspension will go on.

The Patriots may not appeal, but this will not impact the NFLPA appeal of the 4 game suspension of Tom Brady.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Pats fans either say they didn't cheat or what's the big deal everybody cheats, disgusting. Can't one Pat fan say yea they cheated and got caught.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Pats fans either say they didn't cheat or what's the big deal everybody cheats, disgusting. Can't one Pat fan say yea they cheated and got caught.
    They remind me of Penn St fans.....Blinders on and insulting our intelligence

Hiding behind the no evidence thing is laughable

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    They remind me of Penn St fans.....Blinders on and insulting our intelligence

Hiding behind the no evidence thing is laughable
    Fans of every team disgust me. People that tie their identity to something so innocuous are pathetic.

From a betting standpoint, take the team that bends the rules. Even if a title got stripped, the bet still won.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

I enjoy being a fan of teams but I think for myself and will never be a blind sheep

meader99

Quote Originally Posted by BeanTownClown88 View Post
    SpyGate tarnished 3SB'd that took place before the rule was even in existence? A memo went out to the league because everybody was filming from unauthorized areas and the memo said to knock it off...you're inability to comprehend SpyGate kind of minimizes your whole take on the situation..What if the Pats win it this year with everyone watching them like hawks...you still going to cry that they filmed people?

The same way people forgot about Pitt and SF and Denvers transgressions, no one will talk about this in 10-20 years. If filming and letting out half a lb of PSI out of a ball was the way to win for 15 years straight, we'd have a league full of dynasties...maybe its coaching, prep, and execution during big games which the pats can be credited for..Please man I'd be floored if I ever heard Belichick say that NE lost a game because the other team has 12 PSI instead of 12.5..the whole situation is more or less fodder for half-wits to banter about until the season starts in which NE will probably keep winning at the same pace and the haters will just hate harder
    So the Super Bowls aren't tarnished? Perhaps not to pat homers. After spy gate they didn't win shit. Until deflate gate that is. Merely coincidence?

BriGuy
    BriGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4149

Quote Originally Posted by INVEGA MAN View Post
    Mr. Krafty dropped the appeal. What does that tell you? Guilty as charged
    Kraft dropped the appeal because he knew he was going to lose the appeal because the guy who handed out the punishment is the same guy that would have heard the appeal.

What he essentially announced today is that he is not going to pull an Al Davis and be the owner that sues the league (which is actually a violation of NFL bylaws).

BriGuy
    BriGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4149

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    So the Super Bowls aren't tarnished? Perhaps not to pat homers. After spy gate they didn't win shit. Until deflate gate that is. Merely coincidence?
    History won't remember these championships as "tarnished" anymore than San Francisco (with their stick'em and salary cap violations) or Denver (with their salary cap violations).

It's made a bigger deal than it is because of our social-media-driven culture, but 25 years from now will be nothing more than an insignificant footnote.

BeanTownClown88

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Dumb argument, all you are saying conversely is "my team has multiple infractions but I only have issue with NE doing it (cuz they win)"

Meader, they haven't won anything since Spygate? Il give you the benefit of the doubt and forget last year ever happened.,since 2007 look up the team with the most wins, most division titles, highest win % ..come back and tell us has the pats didn't win anything..no team will win the SB every year. I'm guessing in our lifetimes we won't see another qb/coach combo play 15+ years and get to a SB 1/3 or more of the time
    Last edited by BeanTownClown88; 05-20-15 at 06:52 AM.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Tom Brady will go down as the A-Rod of the NFL.

Word is this will keep him out of Canton.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Dumb argument, all you are saying conversely is "my team has multiple infractions but I only have issue with NE doing it (cuz they win)"

Meader, they haven't won anything since Spygate? Il give you the benefit of the doubt and forget last year ever happened.,since 2007 look up the team with the most wins, most division titles, highest win % ..come back and tell us has the pats didn't win anything..no team will win the SB every year. I'm guessing in our lifetimes we won't see another qb/coach combo play 15+ years and get to a SB 1/3 or more of the time
    You sound very irrational. First off I don't have a team. Who cares if the Pats win, they cheat to win. Funny you bring up 2007 till now, if I recall correctly the stats about hardly ever losing fumbles started in 2007-2008. I'm sure that's all coincidence to you though.

opie1988

Pats are the modern day version of the Chicago Black Sox of 1919.

Gronk would be Shoeless Joe

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57565

This is very simple. Pats cheated and knew it. To save face, Kraft puts up this big front with rebuttal to Wells report claiming innocence. Then, at the high profile Owners Meeting, Kraft "takes one for the good of the NFL", and drops the appeal. They act innocent and try to gain public sympathy by dropping things and moving on. What a bunch of BS! Pats cheated & got caught - take your punishment and move on with your "tainted" title. Why cheat unless you felt you weren't good enough...

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Bottom line...No one wants to lose to teams using shady shit against the rules. Delusional Pats fans try to justify it by saying every other team cheats or there is no evidence...Its just not true. Hopefully one day the real spygate story will come out to shut them all up once and for all....The elaborate cheating going on was rampant and Goodell destroyed all evidence of that.

Im sure the only 2 times they have cheated they got caught too

Kraft has officially given in and indirectly admitted that the Patriots were guilty again....Docked a 1st round pick twice in the span of 8 years says it all

Belichick has been awful for the NFL...Funny how him and Brady have cheated off the field as well...Truly no character up in New England

opie1988

Apparently doing things the "Patriot way" basically just means being a horrible person.

I never knew that.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

The Patriot Way

Patriots will be back to the joke they were as a franchise before all the cheating garbage and scumbag Belichick came along

Gotta love Kraft selling out his own team and fans yesterday...unless he finally realized what the rest of the world already knew...They're guilty

slacker00

The Patriot Way

Patriots will be back to the joke they were as a franchise before all the cheating garbage and scumbag Belichick came along

Gotta love Kraft selling out his own team and fans yesterday...unless he finally realized what the rest of the world already knew...They're guilty
    Patriots weren't exactly a joke before Kraft/Belichick. 4 playoff teams in 6 years under Parcells/Carroll.

Regardless, Pats are a great team ATS. Betting on cheaters is +EV. That's all that matters right?

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Patriots weren't exactly a joke before Kraft/Belichick. 4 playoff teams in 6 years under Parcells/Carroll.

Regardless, Pats are a great team ATS. Betting on cheaters is +EV. That's all that matters right?
    Historically they were irrelevant was my point

True any betting angle you can find regardless of circumstance

slacker00

Historically they were irrelevant was my point

True any betting angle you can find regardless of circumstance
    I guess I don't get your point. What kind of "historical" bets are ever available? Look forward, not backwards.

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11842

Here is a guy who once asked that the nfl apologize to his team. Then after talking to his good friend for over an hour to not to appeal. Then they fire the deflaters.
    Yes he did it for the good of the league. Fuk his fans right lol lol lol if you believe this shit i got some good swamp land you can buy real real cheap

meader99

Yeah, I'm sure division titles make Billy feel all warm and fuzzy when he doesn't win the super bowl. Nothing more impressive than winning a division that's been watered down for years. I mean that's why they play the game right? For division titles? Who gives a shit about the Lombardi trophy.

BeanTownClown88

Are you serious lol...all I did was blow a hole in your dumb statement that they haven't won since Spygate..of course they rather win a SB..funny how much above the other teams you hold NE, saying they failed when winning the division or conference..98% of the other teams dream about doing that. Ever consider the pats make that division look bad? That watered down division has been .500 against the afc north for seven + years..let me guess, you think the arc north is a tough division...seriously hating because they finish top 4 in the league 15 years straight...please try and use half your brain..

Oh and know who hasn't won a division, conference, or SB since Spygate? Probably over 20 other teams...it's supposed to be hard to win
    Last edited by BeanTownClown88; 05-21-15 at 08:38 AM.

meader99

Are you serious lol...all I did was blow a hole in your dumb statement that they haven't won since Spygate..of course they rather win a SB..funny how much above the other teams you hold NE, saying they failed when winning the division or conference..98% of the other teams dream about doing that. Ever consider the pats make that division look bad? That watered down division has been .500 against the afc north for seven + years..let me guess, you think the arc north is a tough division...seriously hating because they finish top 4 in the league 15 years straight...please try and use half your brain..

Oh and know who hasn't won a division, conference, or SB since Spygate? Probably over 20 other teams...it's supposed to be hard to win
    Before last season had they won a super bowl since spy gate? When they finally win a super bowl after spy gate what happened? Caught cheating again. You didn't blow a hole in anything. The facts are out there. They haven't won a super bowl without being caught cheating.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

We'll never know exactly how much the Pats have cheated or bent the rules but we can confirm that they did enough to lose a 1st round pick Twice which is only reserved for very serious infractions...among other things

A-Rod and Bonds "would have" been good if they didn't cheat too....Still remembered with a stigma no matter what just like Belichick and the Pats of the early 2000s will always be remembered by

Their owner wouldn't even appeal in either case...confirms everything

slacker00

Their owner wouldn't even appeal in either case...confirms everything
    Proves that he's practical. That's probably why they win on the field despite all the public opinion noise.

BeanTownClown88

The pats went to 3 Sbs since Spygate..and two that they lost could have been victories if they had a secondary..they had sterling Moore and Arrington out there and other guys that no one's heard of..its considered an achievement for other teams to make a SB even if they lose..except Denver, that one was bad and they should have been embarassed.

Kraft lifted the appeal because goodel told him if he does so, they will go extra light on Brady's pubishment

opie1988

It's sad to think that all the Pats big wins will now and forever have an asterisk places beside them.

Brady may very well go down as the Barry Bonds of his era in the NFL.

#PatriotWay
    #Blessed

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

BeanTownClown88

Yes because Brady took drugs to alter his body and didn't alter the football to make a meaningless difference.

He's got the same asterisks that Pitt, SF, Dallas, and now Miami has as Shula was reported making his players take drugs for pain or they couldn't play. Also Lombardi's titles are tainted because he is the Belichek of the 60's and actually came up with the phrase "If you arent cheating you aren't trying" and "winning isn't everything, its the only thing".

Yea I think Pats fans are cool with their team sitting among that company. The people who cry asterisk for only the Patriots are the same people who have a hard time rebutting valid reasoning and fail to realize that without social media, there would be no one talking about any of this. The Pats are just unfortunate and lucky at the same time to have the success they've had in the technology era

First ... 23456 Last