Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14864

Thanks for a great SBR Bash! Finally some time to reflect back :)

I know it’s been a few weeks since the SBR Bash but when you’re snowed in (and barreled in), I have to say the memories of the trip are all that’s kept me going lately.

Have stayed in lots of nice hotels but the Hard Rock Punta Cana easily topped them all. The suite was big time – everyone needs a Jacuzzi in their living room, right? They really thought of everything here.

Made it to the cocktail party and was great seeing everyone. Brandon, Andrew, and myself went on our adventure trying to find the event. Got a hold of the staff to chauffeur us around in the dark and rain. We didn’t give up and got there!

Met bobbywaves and “Ms. Waves” at breakfast on Sunday. Have to say Bobby is the coolest cat there is! And “Ms. Waves” – well she made “waves” like no one else could. More on the pool later.

The poker tourney was a good time and it felt super finishing in the money. Cash paid on the spot by SBR_John was priceless and easily tops all the big screen tv’s and Ipad’s I’ve won from the SBR Store.

Was happy both Sam and I made the final table after all our practice online with the WSOP app! I think I’m ready to make my plans for the Punta Cana Poker Classic – anyone want to head back then?

With a few hours to kill before the Super Bowl, I headed out to the Eden Pool. The shots were flowing and I easily got the most drunk of my life there. Enjoyed partying with Brandon, Andrew, bobbywaves, Ms. Waves, and Tina/Ashley (girls we met from Syracuse). I ended up missing the first half of the Super Bowl from being so wasted but well worth it!

Onto the Super Bowl gathering after I sobered up. I had a losing ticket on the Under, but was nice to pick up cash in our squares pool! First time I ever had the 0-0. Was glad Bill and Shari collected on the Patriots after sweating out the finish of all finishes. Felt awesome having our own sectioned off spot for the game - a lot of envious mooches tried to crash but kept getting denied!

Packing up on Monday was tough. Wish I had stayed longer instead of being stuck in snow with a cancelled connection flight. Glad I snagged some of that Santo Domingo coffee – fired that right up when getting home.

Bill/John/Lou/Shari/Sam/Cynthia/Shannon/”Miss Gorgeous” and everyone from the staff – Thank you! This Bash topped all the others and felt amazing the whole time. It really raised the bar.

Brandon/Andrew – Thanks for all the good times. That day at the pool would not have been the same without you guys.

Iwin – Great you were able to make the trip and keep the streak going of Bash’s. Was glad to meet Mrs. Iwin and I’m sure she had a super time there.

Bobbywaves – Was great to meet you on this trip. I know you have to be missing Ms. Waves.

Sinmiedo – Thanks for the warning on the collusion in the poker room. I stayed out of those cash games!

Kkoz and Ms. Kkoz – Was good to see you again. Still remember us out at the Los Suenos pool years ago. Was a tough property to top, but the Hard Rock did it!

Blackbart – Nice seeing you again and glad you cashed some of those Super Bowl props! You’re always one of the sharpest out there.

Tseay and Ms. Tseay – Congrats again on winning the poker tourney! At least I got knocked out by the eventual champ! Was nice seeing you both again.

Missed seeing some of the folks from prior bashes - Loshak, Justin7, Bodog Becky, Blondie, Opie, katstale, XXX, JYD, many others.
    Thanks also to Bovada and other sponsors! Keep reload-ing at the books!
    Last edited by Reload; 02-17-15 at 11:21 AM.
    Points Awarded:

SBRMAN23 gave Reload 6 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: jjgold, SBRMAN23, and Jayvegas420

Swinging Johnson
    Swinging Johnson's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5626

Reload...what a class act.

Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Swinging Johnson View Post
    Reload...what a class act.
    You'll have to attend the next one with us, SJ! Have always wanted to meet you too.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Swinging Johnson

Swinging Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Reload View Post
    You'll have to attend the next one with us, SJ! Have always wanted to meet you too.
    Likewise RL. Definitely on my bucket list!

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Yes hoping my "wives" at Steves Corner Bar in Bavaro are doing ok. Miss them!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

great write up

I wish I was there..Sherry fukked up my trip

Swinging Johnson

JJ....if my wife throws me out, I'm living with you.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47523

who are Brandon and Andrew?

Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    Yes hoping my "wives" at Steves Corner Bar in Bavaro are doing ok. Miss them!
    They are awaiting your return, buddy!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Swinger post some photos of your wife I'm curious to see what she looks like

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    who are Brandon and Andrew?
    I think one of them is Sbrman23 and his cousin. They both drove with me to the airport. Funny guys

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down
    SBRMAN23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1448

Hey Reload good times man in the pool with the Syracuse girls and happy bday again we had to get you a little tipsy man. Sorry you missed first half of SB but I prob saved you some money on bad bets haha. Meet lots of cool dudes at the Bash USCPHILLY whats good bro. I really haven't been on much since being back. Been wishn I was back this whole time what a great fukn trip man

Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by SBRMAN23 View Post
    Hey Reload good times man in the pool with the Syracuse girls and happy bday again we had to get you a little tipsy man. Sorry you missed first half of SB but I prob saved you some money on bad bets haha. Meet lots of cool dudes at the Bash USCPHILLY whats good bro. I really haven't been on much since being back. Been wishn I was back this whole time what a great fukn trip man
    Yeah that tipsy-ness might have saved me from betting the Seahawks. Was thinking of adding them to my Under bet. Worked out better going 0-1 than 0-2.

I need to get back to that place. It was the best time!