Originally posted on 02/17/2015:

I know it’s been a few weeks since the SBR Bash but when you’re snowed in (and barreled in), I have to say the memories of the trip are all that’s kept me going lately.

Have stayed in lots of nice hotels but the Hard Rock Punta Cana easily topped them all. The suite was big time – everyone needs a Jacuzzi in their living room, right? They really thought of everything here.

Made it to the cocktail party and was great seeing everyone. Brandon, Andrew, and myself went on our adventure trying to find the event. Got a hold of the staff to chauffeur us around in the dark and rain. We didn’t give up and got there!

Met bobbywaves and “Ms. Waves” at breakfast on Sunday. Have to say Bobby is the coolest cat there is! And “Ms. Waves” – well she made “waves” like no one else could. More on the pool later.

The poker tourney was a good time and it felt super finishing in the money. Cash paid on the spot by SBR_John was priceless and easily tops all the big screen tv’s and Ipad’s I’ve won from the SBR Store.

Was happy both Sam and I made the final table after all our practice online with the WSOP app! I think I’m ready to make my plans for the Punta Cana Poker Classic – anyone want to head back then?

With a few hours to kill before the Super Bowl, I headed out to the Eden Pool. The shots were flowing and I easily got the most drunk of my life there. Enjoyed partying with Brandon, Andrew, bobbywaves, Ms. Waves, and Tina/Ashley (girls we met from Syracuse). I ended up missing the first half of the Super Bowl from being so wasted but well worth it!

Onto the Super Bowl gathering after I sobered up. I had a losing ticket on the Under, but was nice to pick up cash in our squares pool! First time I ever had the 0-0. Was glad Bill and Shari collected on the Patriots after sweating out the finish of all finishes. Felt awesome having our own sectioned off spot for the game - a lot of envious mooches tried to crash but kept getting denied!

Packing up on Monday was tough. Wish I had stayed longer instead of being stuck in snow with a cancelled connection flight. Glad I snagged some of that Santo Domingo coffee – fired that right up when getting home.

Bill/John/Lou/Shari/Sam/Cynthia/Shannon/”Miss Gorgeous” and everyone from the staff – Thank you! This Bash topped all the others and felt amazing the whole time. It really raised the bar.

Brandon/Andrew – Thanks for all the good times. That day at the pool would not have been the same without you guys.

Iwin – Great you were able to make the trip and keep the streak going of Bash’s. Was glad to meet Mrs. Iwin and I’m sure she had a super time there.

Bobbywaves – Was great to meet you on this trip. I know you have to be missing Ms. Waves.

Sinmiedo – Thanks for the warning on the collusion in the poker room. I stayed out of those cash games!

Kkoz and Ms. Kkoz – Was good to see you again. Still remember us out at the Los Suenos pool years ago. Was a tough property to top, but the Hard Rock did it!

Blackbart – Nice seeing you again and glad you cashed some of those Super Bowl props! You’re always one of the sharpest out there.

Tseay and Ms. Tseay – Congrats again on winning the poker tourney! At least I got knocked out by the eventual champ! Was nice seeing you both again.

Missed seeing some of the folks from prior bashes - Loshak, Justin7, Bodog Becky, Blondie, Opie, katstale, XXX, JYD, many others.
Thanks also to Bovada and other sponsors! Keep reload-ing at the books!