homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11114

AUB +10 one of best values of bowl season and in a BCS title gm in many yrs

i bet it at 8.5 because no way in the world did i see it getting to 10.

IMHO the timing of the FSU rhythm passing attack will be affected more adversely by the 4 week layoff than the precision / misdirection running gm of AUB.

in all 3 phases of gm, AUB speed matches up very very well w FSU. Nole WR's height might be a bit of a problem though.

add in the motivation of 10 pt dog and playing Heisman winner and AUB has a great shot to win this gm straight up let alone cover the 10

can't wait for tomorrow night

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

What is Auburn suppose to do for a defense? Auburn's defense allows 25.8 points per game. Florida State's defense allows 11.2 points per game. I think that says it all.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Flor St will score 50

So do your capping off that

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    i bet it at 8.5 because no way in the world did i see it getting to 10.

IMHO the timing of the FSU rhythm passing attack will be affected more adversely by the 4 week layoff than the precision / misdirection running gm of AUB.

in all 3 phases of gm, AUB speed matches up very very well w FSU. Nole WR's height might be a bit of a problem though.

add in the motivation of 10 pt dog and playing Heisman winner and AUB has a great shot to win this gm straight up let alone cover the 10

can't wait for tomorrow night
    Auburn's defense is terrible.

M.W.

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Flor St will score 50

Exactly. Why would anyone make a straight bet on Auburn? If they cover, it will HAVE to go over as well.

dfish
    Sea Pines
    dfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Flor St will score 50

JJJ
    JJJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 704

I don't trust Winston he has never been challenged I see a lot of interceptions from him

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24938

This game MIGHT be close for a quarter, two at the most. But at some point the wheels are gonna come off for Auburn, and Florida St. will post another runaway blowout win like they've done all year. Don't buy the hype on Auburn. FSU is a much better team.

Patrickz0rs
    Patrickz0rs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 493

Notre Dame was +10 against Alabama last year...and look what happened.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Any team that Georgia should have beaten a few weeks ago isn't beating FSU.

I called this back when I watched FSU blow the doors off Maryland. They could have scored 100 against them and about 6 other teams easy.

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Quote Originally Posted by Patrickz0rs View Post
    Oklahoma was +17, so was UCF, and look what happened

What the fukk do any of these games have to do with anything.

Line moves have been wrong literally every time this bowl season... double digits is way too much here.

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

This FSU/AUB game is exactly like the OSU/Florida championship game a few years back. Big undefeated, untested team from a weak conference, each with a heisman winning QB against a 1 loss SEC team with everything to prove. Malzone is a smart cookie, and will outcoach another good (but predictable) coach in Jimbo Fisher. Long layoffs always favor the underdog. 4 out of 4 underdogs have outright won each BCS bowl this year. Make it 5, take the moneyline, its a 50/50 game you can find +240 on at the right book. Too much value to pass up

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post

I called this back when I watched FSU blow the doors off Maryland. They could have scored 100 against them and about 6 other teams easy.
    i think FSU wins big too, but i'm not going to mention beating Maryland...

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Quote Originally Posted by broadway6 View Post
    i think FSU wins big too, but i'm not going to mention beating Maryland...
    Maryland was ranked in the top 25...bowl team...nothing special, but not like they thumped Purdue. But I was at the game...they were up by like 50 at the half. Their speed was on another level.

People don't realize Florida State is an SEC trapped in the ACC. They recruit Florida, Georgia, and Alabama hard. Many SEC schools are in recruiting battles with Florida State. This isn't like they're playing some team with a bunch of players from Oregon and Indiana. Auburn can win the game, but I think it takes them catching several breaks and turnovers along the way.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Quote Originally Posted by STAX View Post
    This FSU/AUB game is exactly like the OSU/Florida championship game a few years back. Big undefeated, untested team from a weak conference, each with a heisman winning QB against a 1 loss SEC team with everything to prove. Malzone is a smart cookie, and will outcoach another good (but predictable) coach in Jimbo Fisher. Long layoffs always favor the underdog. 4 out of 4 underdogs have outright won each BCS bowl this year. Make it 5, take the moneyline, its a 50/50 game you can find +240 on at the right book. Too much value to pass up
    +240!? More like +310.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

I'm a turncoat. Liked FSU for a lot of the reasons mentioned above.

But the bottomline is IF Auburn can get a little running game going FSU is going to get tired. AND the pure fact of the matter is you have a freshman QB playing against an SEC defense on stage like he's never seen. 10.5 is tooo many. Auburn might even win.

Noles1992
    Noles1992's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25590

^ I agree SBR John with many of the points above. The layoff could hurt FSU more, Winston beating the UF defense in the swamp is no stage like this.
    Blazer nailed it on the head with the type of players from outside the 90+ they have on the roster from Florida itself

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    This game MIGHT be close for a quarter, two at the most. But at some point the wheels are gonna come off for Auburn, and Florida St. will post another runaway blowout win like they've done all year. Don't buy the hype on Auburn. FSU is a much better team.
    That's the current storyline. FSU is a great team but if they have a few problems stopping the run this could get interesting.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

notre shame is horrible program. Has been for the last 25 years.

Its rediculous to compare Notre Dame to an SEC conference champion

homie1975

Georgia that night at Aub had Murray at QB and when he was healthy they were legit top 12 or so team in America.

homie1975

Please do not compare ND's anemic offense of 2012 to this dynamic Auburn O and the football mind of Gus Malzahn. that game LY has nothing to do with this gm

homie1975

Look at FSU's sched - they are overvalued because they beat crappy ACC competition save for the great win at Clemson when they shut down the Tiger O. but that Tiger O was much more conventional than this Aub O which comes at you from different angles ala a boxer who can punch you from unorthodox angles.

Aub run game is unstoppable - ask bama who they ran for 300 yds on

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

Look what Duke just did to an SEC defense in Texas A&M.........and then consider Duke couldn't score a point against the Noles. Heck, they didn't get a first down until midway through the 2nd. The Florida State defense is the x factor that no one is considering in handicapping these games. They are damned good.

Jakenv21
    Update your status
    Jakenv21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6714

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    Look at FSU's sched - they are overvalued because they beat crappy ACC competition save for the great win at Clemson when they shut down the Tiger O. but that Tiger O was much more conventional than this Aub O which comes at you from different angles ala a boxer who can punch you from unorthodox angles.

Aub run game is unstoppable - ask bama who they ran for 300 yds on
    Best post I have seen to make me think about going againt FSU. May consider over now.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post
    Look what Duke just did to an SEC defense in Texas A&M.........and then consider Duke couldn't score a point against the Noles. Heck, they didn't get a first down until midway through the 2nd. The Florida State defense is the x factor that no one is considering in handicapping these games. They are damned good.
    yeah but Texas A&M is not a good example. They are probably the worst in the whole SEC conference

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Auburn is not going to lose to an ACC team. SEC rules again.

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post

that SEC championship is a 10 point dog.. explain that love

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Public is on Auburn too...

bama11braves
    bama11braves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 772

who really knows how good FSU is? i don't and no one on here does either. look at that schedule. They beat a Clemson team that is notorious of blowing big games and other than that beat no one. At least I know Auburn has seen top teams. Not sold on Winston, there running game, or receivers. Besides the big kid i dont think auburn will have trouble with FSU receivers. I hate auburn more than anyone on this board but this game makes no sense. I think Auburn wins straight up which is the scary part. Auburns D Line front is something that FSU hasnt seen all year, that'll be the difference in this game.

M.W.

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Auburn is not going to lose to an ACC team. SEC rules again.
    Silly.

They lost to an ACC team last year and the year before that, and they would have done it in their national championship year if they hadn't broken the Clemson QB's ribs with a flagrantly illegal hit. Why not this year?

M.W.

yeah but Texas A&M is not a good example. They are probably the worst in the whole SEC conference
    Listen to you -- A&M is a team that Auburn barely beat. You can't have it both ways.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24938

IMO, the layoff actually hurts Auburn, not FSU as people commonly state. Let's face it, man for man, Florida St. is a more talented team. The thing that Auburn brings to the table, and the reason they've made it to the NC game, is their sophisticated run offense. It's unconventional and is not easily prepared for in a regular season where the opponent only has a week to cram film and devise a defense to slow it.

Well, unlike every other Auburn opponent, FSU will have had a month to prepare for this gimmicky offense an will have a gameplan to combat it..... and they have the athletes on D to execute the gameplan. On the flipside, I don't believe Auburn's defense can slow Winston, with those Wr's and Rb's, behind that offensive line, no matter how much they prepare.

Final verdict.....FSU by about 3 touchdowns (no joke). I thought this line was soft when I first saw it and nothing's changed my mind. The line is beginning to creep up now, but it's too little too late. Florida State will bury the closing number, whatever that ends up being.

kcburg
    kcburg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6060

12:15pm Pacific Time today while everyone and their brother is watching the NFL game and thinking about the 49ers game the the line jumps from 9 to 10 after MGM takes sharp action on -9.

KGambler
    KGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    I'm a turncoat. Liked FSU for a lot of the reasons mentioned above.

But the bottomline is IF Auburn can get a little running game going FSU is going to get tired. AND the pure fact of the matter is you have a freshman QB playing against an SEC defense on stage like he's never seen. 10.5 is tooo many. Auburn might even win.

The term "SEC defense" doesn't really apply this year. Unless it now means "Swiss cheese".

OK, actually a bunch of SEC teams had very good defenses this year, but nothing like the past - and Auburn wasn't one of them.

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

Come on Big Bear, lay off Notre Dame.

I have Irish ancestry (like a whole hell of a lot of other people, lol), I watched Rudy at like age 8, I have loved the Fighting Irish ever since.

Sure they aren't what they used to be, but they will always be one of the most supported teams in college football.
    Last edited by bubblebuttluv; 01-05-14 at 10:46 PM.

123 Last