bucket2233
    bucket2233's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 705

Quote Originally Posted by TheLangster View Post
    so guy has a fragile body, its not his fault

god never gives with both hands, rose got talent, but unfortunately he didnt get the body to be able to take advantage of it

there are countless cases just like rose in all sports

All you have to know is his reasoning for sitting out as RP McMurphy stated earlier in this thread. RP hit the nail on the head. Derek Rose's quote tells you all you need to know:

"I’m thinking about long term. I’m thinking about after I’m done with basketball, having graduations to go to, having meetings to go to. I don’t want to be in my meetings all sore or be at my son’s graduation all sore just because of something I did in the past. Just learning and being smart.’’

I'm sorry, but only a piece of shit loser says this. What a bum. I am as pro player as they come, and I am all for being conservative and smart about injuries, rehab, taking a little extra time to be fully-recovered, etc. But this just shows how putrid Derek Rose's mentality is. It's more than just being fragile and having a low pain tolerance. This guy took twice as long to recover from two different knee surgeries. It wasn't like he had a couple setbacks or it took him an extra month or two. He simply chose not to play when he was cleared to play and he was physically capable of playing. I played baseball in college - I was a catcher. The only way I would sit out a game injured is if I couldn't stand on my feet. I would have had to be carried off the field if I was going to come out due to an injury. I played games when my arm felt like it was hanging by a thread. I wasn't being paid millions for it, but you do it because you love it, because you have pride. You do it because your teammates are your brothers and you don't want to let them down. The only reason I talk about my experience is because that is how I know there is no way Derek Rose has the respect of his teammates or coach. I just don't see how he could be respected.

No athlete plays at completely 100% healthy. There's always bumps and bruises and pain. This guy just won't deal any discomfort whatsoever. He wants to do as little as possible to collect his paycheck. Derek Rose is an embarrassment. All of the people in the world struggling to provide for their families that would give an arm and a leg (and more) to make the kind of money he makes while playing a kid's game... It is so sickening to me. He's not being smart, he's just a dumb useless coward.
    Last edited by bucket2233; 11-26-14 at 02:08 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Killer_Demo

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    what a disgrace
    Rose doesn't want to play basketball anymore....

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

I have no issues with players being hurt or playing poorly they are human. You just don't get paid like anyone else on earth when this happens. It's a joke.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

It's all psychological.

He is terrified of getting hurt again.

It's like when a batter gets hit in the face, he's afraid of getting back in the batter's box sometimes.

Speaking of that, why did the Marlins give Giancarlo Stanton over $300 million?

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    Rose doesn't want to play basketball anymore....

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Rose does not play like Westbrook

Shame on you comparing both..Westbrook would play with many injuries...trainers ones that hold him out

Rose not competitive like Westbrook

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 284

Rose leaves smell good JJ. Buy your lady some.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Chris Paul Retiring after this season. Bowling much more lucrative and less stress on body.

You heard it here first.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    Made a thread about this couple weeks back and a few dumb fukks didn't get it. But it was after he stated he was worried about his future well being and wanting his body in good enough shape to sit in meetings comfortably and attend his kids graduation lol. Sing that song and dance to someone in the military, cop, or multitude of hard working blue collar men who break their backs and put their lives on the line to feed their families on a fraction of what these clowns make and see if you don't get bitch slapped. You Mr Rose are a pussay!

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Bear call me later

Need something from you

I wonder what happened to this guy mentally??

Guys always been a mental midget..... That's why he paid someone to take his tests to get into college for his one year.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    [/B]
    Guys always been a mental midget..... That's why he paid someone to take his tests to get into college for his one year.
    Wow just watched interview with him to verify this. did not realize D Rose had so little under the hood.

Not as bad as Fab Melo.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

i made a thread a while ago comparing howard and rose
    i was highly critical of rose not playing when he was cleared to come back
    people were defending rose like he was jesus calling him a warrior etc etc
    the irony was that howard, who came EARLY from BACK SURGERY and playing through a torn labrum
    was constantly being criticized while rose refused to play due to basically confidence issues

i want to know where all the rose defenders are at??

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Quote Originally Posted by MoMoneyMoVaughn View Post
    Wow just watched interview with him to verify this. did not realize D Rose had so little under the hood.

Not as bad as Fab Melo.
    hes had a few years to brush up on his public speaking skills. He's got millions. He should of hired an agency to help him be a better public speaker. I remember moni Davis, or whatever the little league girl pitcher is, spoke better than he ever did in front of live cameras. Unreal

First 12