Originally posted on 11/26/2014:

Quote Originally Posted by TheLangster View Post
so guy has a fragile body, its not his fault

god never gives with both hands, rose got talent, but unfortunately he didnt get the body to be able to take advantage of it

there are countless cases just like rose in all sports

All you have to know is his reasoning for sitting out as RP McMurphy stated earlier in this thread. RP hit the nail on the head. Derek Rose's quote tells you all you need to know:

"I’m thinking about long term. I’m thinking about after I’m done with basketball, having graduations to go to, having meetings to go to. I don’t want to be in my meetings all sore or be at my son’s graduation all sore just because of something I did in the past. Just learning and being smart.’’

I'm sorry, but only a piece of shit loser says this. What a bum. I am as pro player as they come, and I am all for being conservative and smart about injuries, rehab, taking a little extra time to be fully-recovered, etc. But this just shows how putrid Derek Rose's mentality is. It's more than just being fragile and having a low pain tolerance. This guy took twice as long to recover from two different knee surgeries. It wasn't like he had a couple setbacks or it took him an extra month or two. He simply chose not to play when he was cleared to play and he was physically capable of playing. I played baseball in college - I was a catcher. The only way I would sit out a game injured is if I couldn't stand on my feet. I would have had to be carried off the field if I was going to come out due to an injury. I played games when my arm felt like it was hanging by a thread. I wasn't being paid millions for it, but you do it because you love it, because you have pride. You do it because your teammates are your brothers and you don't want to let them down. The only reason I talk about my experience is because that is how I know there is no way Derek Rose has the respect of his teammates or coach. I just don't see how he could be respected.

No athlete plays at completely 100% healthy. There's always bumps and bruises and pain. This guy just won't deal any discomfort whatsoever. He wants to do as little as possible to collect his paycheck. Derek Rose is an embarrassment. All of the people in the world struggling to provide for their families that would give an arm and a leg (and more) to make the kind of money he makes while playing a kid's game... It is so sickening to me. He's not being smart, he's just a dumb useless coward.