Betpoints: 37

Is Brian Kelly a racist or asshat ?

Maybe both... Throwing Golson under the bus

Remember: These are college kids and all that goes with that

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

If you've followed Brian Kelly's career, you'd know the answer is unequivocally both.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

anyone who has any association with Notre Dame is an ass hat.

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Guy comes across as a complete jerkoff every interview I have seen.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!

Most coaches aren’t quick to throw their quarterback under the bus during a loss, but Kelly had no problem laying the blame on Golson. At one point during his press conference, he got into a terse conversation with a reporter who tried to justify some of Golson’s mistakes.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...215018463.html

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

He was no interviewing skills. All he cares is the paycheck.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Most coaches aren’t quick to throw their quarterback under the bus during a loss, but Kelly had no problem laying the blame on Golson. At one point during his press conference, he got into a terse conversation with a reporter who tried to justify some of Golson’s mistakes.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...215018463.html
    Makes sense, given Golson's lost a grand total of what, 3 games in his career?

TiredPro
    TiredPro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

Why even ask if he's a racist ? He's done more for his black players than most of their black fathers. I like the guy. Doesn't mix words and could care less about the over sensitive media. If you can't take the heat, get off the fnnn field.

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Golson has 17 turnovers in the last 5 games, including 4 pick 6's.

SEVENTEEN.

Not only should Kelly call him out, he should hit him in the head with a fuking wrench to knock some common sense into him.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by SamDiamond View Post
    Golson has 17 turnovers in the last 5 games, including 4 pick 6's.

SEVENTEEN.

Not only should Kelly call him out, he should hit him in the head with a fuking wrench to knock some common sense into him.
    how much did you lose on Notre Dame?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Racist

SamDiamond

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    how much did you lose on Notre Dame?
    Shit, you're still alive.

I keep hoping you find your way to Home Depot and buy that rope.

By the way, go get me some Grape Soda and a bucket of chicken. You can use your food stamps card you broke fuk.

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

What exactly is an ass hat?

SamDiamond

Quote Originally Posted by ttrace35 View Post
    Big Bear

Become A Pro!Join Date: 11-01-11
    Betpoints: 5920

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

sam suck my dikk

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

We are white

etothep
    etothep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6826

Quote Originally Posted by ttrace35 View Post
    If one has their head up their ass, then they would be wearing their ass as a hat, thus asshat

SamDiamond

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    sam suck my dikk
    Where's my grape soda?

Get that access card out, and get yourself off to the corner boy.

Holla back at me when you have it.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

I'm confused, what did Brian Kelly do that could be deemed racist?

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Racist
    No you're a racist you fukkin bald phaggot.

RavensFan2k3

Where's my grape soda?

Get that access card out, and get yourself off to the corner boy.

Holla back at me when you have it.
    Are you kidding me?

SamDiamond

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    Are you kidding me?
    My bad.

You're right.

I forgot to tell Bear to get me chicken.

Bear-- add chicken to my order. A three piece.. no dark meat.

RavensFan2k3

My bad.

You're right.

I forgot to tell Bear to get me chicken.

Bear-- add chicken to my order. A three piece.. no dark meat.
    You and JJGold best friends?

temple2010
    temple2010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4189

Threw him under the bus?? Yeah, he should have said that he played a great game (except for all the turnovers.) In case you don't know it turnovers are the biggest part of any game and he has 17 in the last 5 games! In other words his play has been terrible and it's about time he let the media know it. Maybe this kid will wake the fak up and play smart. He has the skills to be very good. So this doesn't make the coach either a racist or an asshat; stupid to even think he could be. Stop being so sensitive to whoever posted this

RavensFan2k3

Quote Originally Posted by temple2010 View Post
    Threw him under the bus?? Yeah, he should have said that he played a great game (except for all the turnovers.) In case you don't know it turnovers are the biggest part of any game and he has 17 in the last 5 games! In other words his play has been terrible and it's about time he let the media know it. Maybe this kid will wake the fak up and play smart. He has the skills to be very good. So this doesn't make the coach either a racist or an asshat; stupid to even think he could be. Stop being so sensitive to whoever posted this
    Agreed, this has to be the dumbest thread in a long time

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by temple2010 View Post
    Lol Golson is 18-3 as a starter for his career, Brian Kelly wouldnt have a job if it wasnt for Golson. You dont hear any other coaches saying this about their qb or any single player throughout the country and there are alot of bad teams and qbs in college ball, its college, you dont single out players like this.

fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17024

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post

Makes sense, given Golson's lost a grand total of what, 3 games in his career?
    Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Lol Golson is 18-3 as a starter for his career, Brian Kelly wouldnt have a job if it wasnt for Golson. You dont hear any other coaches saying this about their qb or any single player throughout the country and there are alot of bad teams and qbs in college ball, its college, you dont single out players like this.

his first season notre dame was all defense and had a horrible offense and a very easy schedule. then he screws up and gets kicked off the team. then this year he single handedly lost the asu game and didnt beat anyone any decent college qb wouldnt have. hes just a good qb who screws up a ton.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by fried cheese View Post

his first season notre dame was all defense and had a horrible offense and a very easy schedule. then he screws up and gets kicked off the team. then this year he single handedly lost the asu game and didnt beat anyone any decent college qb wouldnt have. hes just a good qb who screws up a ton.
    Lol he's thrown 24 tds and ran for 7 more this year, the rest of the bunch only has 9 tds. Bama was able to score 42 on that all defense that year. Golson knows he has to score 3 or 4 times a game from the get go with that pathetic defense. But name another coach that has publicly singled out a player, name one, you dont really even see that in the pros, yet you do it to a guy who's 18-3, makes sense. Only a couple qbs in the country would be able to win with ND this year with this team and Golson's one of them.
    Last edited by jtoler; 11-11-14 at 03:21 AM.

fried cheese
    Update your status

Lol he's thrown 24 tds and ran for 7 more this year, the rest of the bunch only has 9 tds. Bama was able to score 42 on that all defense that year. Golson knows he has to score 3 or 4 times a game from the get go with that pathetic defense. But name another coach that has publicly singled out a player, name one, you dont really even see that in the pros, yet you do it to a guy who's 18-3, makes sense. Only a couple qbs in the country would be able to win with ND this year with this team and Golson's one of them.
    he has only won two games when his defense played badly. they gave up 43 to north carolina, 21 of which were caused by golson turnovers and the nd defense basically got a td of their own on a turnover so that was really only 15 points the the offense needed to cover for that game and north carolina gives up 42 per game. so basically the only game he actually was need to win was navy who scored 39 and gives up 30 on average against a very weak schedule. only a couple qbs could put up 40 on navy?

coaches may not single out players publically but thats just because they are liars. just like when coaches are favored by 50 and say they are really taking that team seriously. you are mad because he answered the question truthfully when everyone else just lies.

jtoler

he has only won two games when his defense played badly. they gave up 43 to north carolina, 21 of which were caused by golson turnovers and the nd defense basically got a td of their own on a turnover so that was really only 15 points the the offense needed to cover for that game and north carolina gives up 42 per game. so basically the only game he actually was need to win was navy who scored 39 and gives up 30 on average against a very weak schedule. only a couple qbs could put up 40 on navy?

coaches may not single out players publically but thats just because they are liars. just like when coaches are favored by 50 and say they are really taking that team seriously. you are mad because he answered the question truthfully when everyone else just lies.
    Yep only a couple qbs this season can do what he does with THIS ND squad. Golson had 3 turnovers against UNC but he also threw 3 tds, since youre in the business of saying UNC scored 3 extra times because of his mistakes, well he made up for it, so they cancel out, well you still have a 7 pt ball game. UNC had 516 yards of offense, not 516 yards of defense, offense, thats horrible defense. Defense is bad, I said it 2 weeks ago before the Navy game, when they play someone else with a pulse they will get rung up, its happened the last two weeks, while Golston has to play Superman and try and will them to a win. Only reason Kelly's comments are strange is because again you dont see other coaches doing such, those players make millions for their school and dont get much in return, you would have alot of pissed off people and family members if you heard coaches publicly berating players every week if I was the president of ND I would have had a meeting with Kelly Monday morning and told him if he ever pulled another stunt like that again he'd be without a job. Now I really want Dame to lose even more Kelly's gonna run out of scapegoats soon.

fried cheese
    Update your status

Yep only a couple qbs this season can do what he does with THIS ND squad. Golson had 3 turnovers against UNC but he also threw 3 tds, since youre in the business of saying UNC scored 3 extra times because of his mistakes, well he made up for it, so they cancel out, well you still have a 7 pt ball game. UNC had 516 yards of offense, not 516 yards of defense, offense, thats horrible defense. Defense is bad, I said it 2 weeks ago before the Navy game, when they play someone else with a pulse they will get rung up, its happened the last two weeks, while Golston has to play Superman and try and will them to a win. Only reason Kelly's comments are strange is because again you dont see other coaches doing such, those players make millions for their school and dont get much in return, you would have alot of pissed off people and family members if you heard coaches publicly berating players every week if I was the president of ND I would have had a meeting with Kelly Monday morning and told him if he ever pulled another stunt like that again he'd be without a job. Now I really want Dame to lose even more Kelly's gonna run out of scapegoats soon.
    exactly the cancel out but then the nd defense didnt do such a bad job if you take out his mistakes. they gave up 22 and accounted for nd scoring 7. pretty easy to beat north carolina if they only score 15.

the only game they won where they needed a good qb to win was navy and alot of qbs could put up 40 on navy with nds offense. golson is not as good as the qbs kelly had at cincinati.

jtoler

exactly the cancel out but then the nd defense didnt do such a bad job if you take out his mistakes. they gave up 22 and accounted for nd scoring 7. pretty easy to beat north carolina if they only score 15.

the only game they won where they needed a good qb to win was navy and alot of qbs could put up 40 on navy with nds offense. golson is not as good as the qbs kelly had at cincinati.
    So you expect a qb to never make mistakes? Like never, I havent seen one that doesnt. If you count his mistakes then take away his tds then youre left with not much on that team. He's providing 80% of the offense and berated for making mistakes? He's throwing to freshmen and sophmores, top WR's are sophs, top RB is a soph, along with a bad defense. He is ND's offense, again my thing is this there are alot of really bad qb's across the nation and no coach does what Kelly did, he's a hothead and mad because he wont sniff the playoffs, if Golson's playing so bad, do what coaches normally do and bench him and see how far you get then. Not sure Ive ever heard him praise Golson in the media but has time to berate him, guy who's 18-3 there, Kelly is the only one who'd do such a thing. Cant wait to see next year with a new qb at the helm.

fried cheese
    Update your status

So you expect a qb to never make mistakes? Like never, I havent seen one that doesnt. If you count his mistakes then take away his tds then youre left with not much on that team. He's providing 80% of the offense and berated for making mistakes? He's throwing to freshmen and sophmores, top WR's are sophs, top RB is a soph, along with a bad defense. He is ND's offense, again my thing is this there are alot of really bad qb's across the nation and no coach does what Kelly did, he's a hothead and mad because he wont sniff the playoffs, if Golson's playing so bad, do what coaches normally do and bench him and see how far you get then. Not sure Ive ever heard him praise Golson in the media but has time to berate him, guy who's 18-3 there, Kelly is the only one who'd do such a thing. Cant wait to see next year with a new qb at the helm.
    well you are acting like his defense has played so bad and he needed to score so much. his defense has given up too many points in exacly 3 games this year and two of those games he was the reason why the defense gave up that many points. basically this year he has only been responsible for beating navy. big deal.

you are giving him credit for 18-3 but the only reason he has that record is because of the defense and a weak schedule. if you gave him manziels defense he loses most of his games.

jtoler

Nope I gave his stats because thats a good record for a qb, I dont think he's great or anything certainly wont be drafted at qb. My comments were in response to thread title in defense because if you criticize Golson youd have to criticize everyone on the team. If he's playing so bad its simple put the backup in.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

I wish nothing but the worst for Kelly and that program. The ASU game was sweet. (And I had the right side in that one.)

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!

Strong opinions on both sides... Good Thread

12 Last