KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

repeat post....
    Last edited by KVB; 08-13-14 at 01:23 PM.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Do the math. You cannot lose a middle if you play it right. If you have Team A playing team B and Team A is -7 1/2 in one book and -6 1/2 in another (a situation which happens occsionally) here is how it all works out. Wager 100 on Team B +7 1/2. Wager 100 on Team A -6 1/2. Each wager will cost your 110 for a total of 220. One team has to win, so the worst you can do is lose 10 (the vig on the losing team). So you end up -10. If team A wins by 7, you have hit the middle, and won both wagers, for a profit of 200. 200 to 10 is 20 to 1. Those in here who know will tell you that the numbers 3, 7, 10, and 14 are the best numbers to "middle". There really is no point in middling 9, or 5. Had you taken Northwestern -9 1/2 when the "Games of the Year" came out at the Nugget, you could also take Cal at +11 1/2 now at many Vegas Shops. You will have middled 10 and 11. Now I am using this as an example. I am not going to do this myself, but you can see how money can be made at little risk. It is the old risk to reward ration that so few in here understand.
    I knew I wasn't thinking clear, it had been a long day and I wasn't thinking about what's really at risk. I completely understand and just brain farted, if you will.
    Thanks Bigdaddy.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    Nice TCU avatar, are you an alum
    uh oh

booty call

scumbag
    scumbag's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    I knew I wasn't thinking clear, it had been a long day and I wasn't thinking about what's really at risk. I completely understand and just brain farted, if you will.
    Thanks Bigdaddy.

Real pros look for in game middling opportunities. That's how you set up multiple key number situations.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by scumbag View Post
    Real pros look for in game middling opportunities. That's how you set up multiple key number situations.
    That's one of many strategies in the bettors' arsenal but certainly not required by "real pros." Many do very well without ever placing high vigorish in game wagers. It's best to analyze each opportunity for what it is and not try to force the issue.

scumbag
    scumbag's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well said. I was obv just trolling.

ringemup
    ringemup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3171

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    Nice TCU avatar, are you an alum
    No just a casual fan, but they made me good money the year they beat WISKY in ROSE BOWL covering machine that year.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ringemup View Post
    No just a casual fan, but they made me good money the year they beat WISKY in ROSE BOWL covering machine that year.
    you blew it Ringe

Frogger was gonna start with a free back rub. Who knows where things could have gone

First 12