frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

Is anyone sitting out betting until college/pro football starts

Even though football is the worst sport to bet on most people like to play football games

Might as well make sure you have a well stocked roll by the time football rolls around instead of chasing it after losing in baseball
    Points Awarded:

nikossf gave frogsrangers 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

awwwww, already lost your entire $25 bankroll on baseball?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: leetreaper

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

How many times will someone make a thread in regards to this Topic?
    Pay attention frog, its been discussed over and over.

artyfudgepacker
    artyfudgepacker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6480

i said to myself the PGA would be my last bet .i hope lol . time to study and reload

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I'm betting small just to stay in action

When you don't bet you get Rusty

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    awwwww, already lost your entire $25 bankroll on baseball?

Zachary hasn't given any big plays out I guess

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

I'm sitting out until I get the early version of the script from froggie, then I'm waiting for the updates before making my move.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: I/O

xKMACKx
    xKMACKx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8449

Got my ass handed to me in baseball recently. Bad beat followed by dumb in-game bets which put a dent into my account. Backed away before I did something even stupider. Just focusing on research for football season now. Locked in a couple college football bets to keep the juices flowing.

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by xKMACKx View Post
    Got my ass handed to me in baseball recently. Bad beat followed by dumb in-game bets which put a dent into my account. Backed away before I did something even stupider. Just focusing on research for football season now. Locked in a couple college football bets to keep the juices flowing.
    ..good luck pal and I hope you have a good year

OptimistPrime
    OptimistPrime's Avatar Become A Pro!

Disagree with you on football being the worst sport to bet on. College Football is by far the best sport to bet on esp. the non major conferences. CFB has always been consistently good to me the last 5 years, i can't say the same about CBB or MLB

bigballa
    bigballa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4154

'worst sport to bet on' really????

but yes i am sitting out until the REAL football starts.....crazy these guys that play preseason shit....

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

Football lines razor sharp

They have no limits on football bets for a reason

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Hoops is the easiest game to rig. Line shaving is like a tradition, especially in the College ranks. If Team A is a 19 point favortie, and wins by 18, who will ever question that? It happens more times than most people think. The dummies who get caught are the ones that are suppose to win games by 19 points and lose outright.

If you can get in early (Sunday afternoon for the following weeks action), you can make some serious money wagering on football. Lines can change by 3-4 points from their openers to the time that Joe Pub gets to wager on them. That is good "Middling" material. Remember, all it takes is one middle to hit out of 20 wagered to show a profit. What other wager can you show me that pays 20/1?

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

I haven't placed a bet in the last 3 years. Im here for the rooster shots.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

baseball cannot go ballzout
    college football if i am patient there are some easy bets occasionally

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Threw in the towel on baseball

Studying hard to dominate my fantasy leagues

jjgold

You can bet small but do not sit out as you might miss a big score

OptimistPrime
    OptimistPrime's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am not sitting out, just playing a-lot less. Have got burned really bad on baseball last three weeks after a great season. Seems like every game is not just a coin flip, better off betting large dogs and going against the public.

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

This clown is still alive? Sigh...

ringemup
    ringemup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3171

If you end up on the losing side it is because you have not put in the time looking and breaking teams down. Cant win in football if you dont watch much.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Hoops is the easiest game to rig. Line shaving is like a tradition, especially in the College ranks. If Team A is a 19 point favortie, and wins by 18, who will ever question that? It happens more times than most people think. The dummies who get caught are the ones that are suppose to win games by 19 points and lose outright.

If you can get in early (Sunday afternoon for the following weeks action), you can make some serious money wagering on football. Lines can change by 3-4 points from their openers to the time that Joe Pub gets to wager on them. That is good "Middling" material. Remember, all it takes is one middle to hit out of 20 wagered to show a profit. What other wager can you show me that pays 20/1?

I like this post, can personally and historically verify the assertions. However, maybe it's been a long day already, but how does hitting one middle bet pay 20-1 odds? I feel like I'm missing something here.

scumbag
    scumbag's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post

Youre such a simpleton. It's money that attracts heat not if an upset occurs. When one sided action comes pouring in on a ASU game in CBB all over vegas causing the line to drop from -16 to -2 the outcome of the game doesn't matter.

quit trying to be the "forum elitist" when you clearly don't know wtf you're talking about.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by scumbag View Post
    Youre such a simpleton. It's money that attracts heat not if an upset occurs. When one sided action comes pouring in on a ASU game in CBB all over vegas causing the line to drop from -16 to -2 the outcome of the game doesn't matter.

quit trying to be the "forum elitist" when you clearly don't know wtf you're talking about.
    Acutally scumbag, I think you’re right. I think the sentence you bolded in Bigdaddy’s post is ridiculous. It doesn’t work that way. However, changing one word would not make it so.

The information you give above is basic, common knowledge about money flow and how games are flagged. There is much more to identifying rogue behavior in sports and maybe I’m giving him too much credit, but Bigdaddy’s post, for the most part, may have gone over your head. Now you probably wonder what I’m talking about, well, because based on your post, you are such a simpleton.

Don’t even bother to ask, not even what the word change would be, simpleton.

scumbag

Biddaddy isn't capable of saying something that goes "way over my head"

and yes, you are giving him too much credit.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

You could be right.

And no beef with you bro, just thought you were a bit harsh and I'm having a wierd day.

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have scaled back a lot... Im slightly up on baseball... but only betting a couple times a week now. Hit a good score at the end of the NBA finals, just trying to keep most of that till football starts now...

zacher
    Armed Rodgery
    zacher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1499

was strong right after NBA….tailed off a bit in recent weeks but still up in the season. But have cut back big time now..

scumbag

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    You could be right.

And no beef with you bro, just thought you were a bit harsh and I'm having a wierd day.

All good dude. BD and I beef in the politics thread that's why I come off like an asshole.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

jjgold

a few days off is ok but sitting out a long period of time is not good

I do not think you want to be known as a quitter

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

I would rather be a broke dik fuk than a quitter!

Oh wait...

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

Quote Originally Posted by ringemup View Post
    If you end up on the losing side it is because you have not put in the time looking and breaking teams down. Cant win in football if you dont watch much.
    Nice TCU avatar, are you an alum

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    I like this post, can personally and historically verify the assertions. However, maybe it's been a long day already, but how does hitting one middle bet pay 20-1 odds? I feel like I'm missing something here.
    Do the math. You cannot lose a middle if you play it right. If you have Team A playing team B and Team A is -7 1/2 in one book and -6 1/2 in another (a situation which happens occsionally) here is how it all works out. Wager 100 on Team B +7 1/2. Wager 100 on Team A -6 1/2. Each wager will cost your 110 for a total of 220. One team has to win, so the worst you can do is lose 10 (the vig on the losing team). So you end up -10. If team A wins by 7, you have hit the middle, and won both wagers, for a profit of 200. 200 to 10 is 20 to 1. Those in here who know will tell you that the numbers 3, 7, 10, and 14 are the best numbers to "middle". There really is no point in middling 9, or 5. Had you taken Northwestern -9 1/2 when the "Games of the Year" came out at the Nugget, you could also take Cal at +11 1/2 now at many Vegas Shops. You will have middled 10 and 11. Now I am using this as an example. I am not going to do this myself, but you can see how money can be made at little risk. It is the old risk to reward ration that so few in here understand.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

I probably should not have questioned his knowledge about the percentage of people that are losers. I mean, he is one of the biggest losers in here. Just look at his Betpoint count compared to his post count. 19 Betpoints out of 495 posts, and he is NOT a Pro, so he did not spend any unless he bought a bunch of hats. That looks like a major loser to me. Another thing he did correctly. Now go crawl back into the Political arean where you belong, Scum. You know nothing about sports.
    Last edited by BigdaddyQH; 08-13-14 at 11:38 AM.

Kopi
    Kopi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 302

baseball is the devil!

12 Last