jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Thanks Shady

heathaterno1
    heathaterno1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 62

Quote Originally Posted by 4seasons View Post
    tim, tony & manu ... Lot of miles on them dogs which they won't defeat bosh, lj & wade. That's the bottom line. All that emotion for the first game is history now, along with the no lebron/ac game. Let's see what those spurs got tonight, as ain't talking about last year. Heat are on a mission to 3-peat this year, which is the 1 thing that is better than the "revenge factor". Spurs are dubious winning on the road. Heat just need 1 win in tx, and it's over. Just need 1 baby. Not going broke here. Am of sure of that as i am that you can count to 1.
    watz up bitch!!!!!!!!!!

mcdonae101
    mcdonae101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2617

Quote Originally Posted by 4seasons View Post
    Tim, Tony & Manu ... lot of miles on them dogs which they won't defeat Bosh, LJ & Wade. That's the bottom line. All that emotion for the first game is history now, along with the no Lebron/AC game. Let's see what those Spurs got tonight, as ain't talking about last year. Heat are on a mission to 3-peat this year, which is the 1 thing that is better than the "revenge factor". Spurs are dubious winning on the road. Heat just need 1 win in TX, and it's over. Just need 1 baby. Not going broke here. Am of sure of that as I am that you can count to 1.
    "Spurs r dubious winning on the road". Lmfao, what a joke

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13206

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Thanks Shady
    Looks like your wager is safe. Congrat's in advance.

jjgold

Thank you mags

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13206

Thank you mags
    You earned, gutsy bet!!!

4seasons
    4seasons's Avatar Become A Pro!

What can I say? If I didn't see it wouldn't believe it; those 2 miserable losses at home where the Heat are just scorched, has them completely melted down. Appears the Spurs' revenge factor has their coach and team focused with precision, while the Heat's mission to 3-peat has their coach & team insanely repeating the wrong losing strategy. It's the old we'll stick to what got us here theory, which has proven to be a complete failure. May have worked in the past, but clearly isn't working now, which is why I called for a change in the starting lineup. Got to switch it up. Got to mix it up. Got to throw something different at them. I suggested starting Cole and let Chalmers come in when Manu comes in, and not starting Lewis anymore. Maybe Spurs would still dominate, but couldn't be any worse, and you have to try something else ... anything else to what you normally do that isn't working, don't you? Instead, Heat come out with the same starting 5 and get the same result. Insane!

Totally sucks to be down 25 points early in 2 home games. I knew like last year that the Spurs would have a rebounding advantage, as that's the Heat's weakness. Though I thought with speed and hustle and smart play Heat would overcome that. Now the Spurs are just exploiting their advantage on the glass, are passing/assisting like champs, and draining everything where the whole line up (13 guys) scored. Spurs are constantly getting easy dunks via turnovers and offensive plays, while the Heat have got nothing. Can't remember even 1 play that the Heat have run successfully. Spurs are clogging the lane daring the Heat to shoot from outside, and instead of taking what they're given, the Heat are just playing stupid. 17 points in the 1st qtr, and 36 for the half? They can't score 20 while the Spurs can score 40? Needless to say, am not feeling too good.

Spurs scoring at will, with the same play over and over. No excuse to not defend with passion and intensity, which the Heat have lost. If they're not hustling on the defensive end and forcing the Spurs to do something else, they can't win. Heat are just going through the motions. James, Wade & Chalmers have played so poorly it's disgraceful. I know the Spurs are not this good and the Heat are not this bad. News is recently published that Lebron just made $30 million profit on 1 stock deal, and gets paid less than $20 mil to play the whole hoop season. Is this what has taken his mind off of the 3-peat? Why work hard when I got $30 MILLION from 1 trade? Man has wildly turned the ball over with piss poor passing, and dribbling the ball off himself, and missing layups, etc. Reminds me of his last game in Cleveland, when he gave no effort, and just laid down knowing he was out of there. Same thing here, seems like he tossed the towel in for the 3-peat, as he looks to go play with his millions. Didn't think his team could win, they're playing like dog poop on rye, so why deal with painful cramps and still play your tail off? Is that it?

Spurs missed some early shots, and Heat easily had the chance to build and play with a lead, yet Heat were just woeful. It's like James just got another $30 mil to go play with, so the team has collectively shut down and are waiving the white flag. There is no desire, passion, intensity, teamwork, hustle or anything good out there for the Heat. Just going through the motions and it's sickening to watch when I've invested so much on 'em. Where's the fight? Even if 1 team is superior to another, the inferior team can still rise to the occasion with heart and soul. Show me a dive for a loose ball, or slam Parker with a hard foul (not one where he does his sissy flop, but one that will get him thinking) one-time. Though despite these 2 past debacles, I don't think the Spurs are superior as a whole, however clearly their bench is. While I see now that the Spurs did greatly strengthen their bench from last year, I see now that the Heat have added Lewis a weakness to their starting lineup, which is a killer. Instead of competing, there's only 1 conclusion here ... Miami has gone fishing and the line movement is 4-0 ML & ATS as Heat go from -5.5 to -5 last game.

Odds for next year's championship are out with the Heat at 5/2 and the Spurs 8/1. Any of you geniuses want to explain that to me?

Time is Money
    Time is Money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6389

Quote Originally Posted by Time is Money View Post
    lol @ calling the Spurs performance a fluke

The ball movement was a thing of beauty, let's not act like they were hitting contested jumpers these guys were making the right passes and getting the right looks/getting to the rim where they meet no heat rim protectors

Outside of the first few minutes of the game Lebron got absolutely shut down. Refs will try to keep Miami alive like they tried to get them back in it 3Q but if the Spurs are playing smart low turnover ball then they will come out on top again.
    Thanks to you clowns who drove this ML up to +210 before tip off

4seasons

JJ: Heat now 10:1 for the series, so for $500 you can insure your bet against losing. I know it's like a million to 1 the Heat win now, but anything is possible. You could hedge for less, like $200 instead. Or more, like $700 which would guarantee you winning 2 g's no matter what. I'd probably insure my bet for the $500 so I cannot lose, with the cost of the insurance being so cheap, you'd still win $3,500 with the guarantee of not losing. If I put my career on the line like you did, and now are in the position to insure winning no matter what for so cheap, I'd at least consider hedging if nothing else. This way, just by making the wager you lock in winning now, and can rest easy all the way to the bank. If Heat play well Sunday, though unlikely, who the hell knows. They force a game 6 then win the 1 left at home, is really all it takes to get to a game 7. So by sweeping in Miami, you can decide right now that you'll accept the $3,500 profit instead of $4,000, with a guarantee to not lose a penny. Or, stay with risking the whole $5,200 and your career, for the whole $4,000. Just risking nothing to win $3,500, verse risking $5,200 for $4,000 seems prudent, doesn't it?

jjgold

4seasons tremendous breakdown although I am greedy fuk

It's a lock why give up any money ??

THEINSIDER900
    THEINSIDER900's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

heat going to pull out game 5 go back home we going to have game 7

4seasons

Greed is great when you win, and grave when you lose. If you're an SBR founder since '05 posting 165,000+ times over about 10 years now, I surely don't have to tell you that nothing is a lock until you have the cash in hand. NOTHING! As a betting man, I bet you can share a few locks over the past decade that caved, and that has brought you to this swan song of yours, right? If Books are offering a line, then they don't think it's a lock, and that's a gift opportunity for you. If the career isn't on the line, then no, but if the bet was made with the career on the line then a pro would take the gift. Take $8,700 now, verse still risking the $5,200/career on just $500 more is foolish.

Insurance protects you against an unexpected loss. What the premium costs, verse what you could lose, is the major factor. Basically man, you got $8,700 and your career back NOW if you want it. Or, risk $8,700/career for $500 on NBA games? That's where you are now. A pro would, if not fully insure the bet, would hedge something to protect having something/career left if the Spurs team wakes up with the bird flu tomorrow. Ten to one premium is cheap, and
    10:1 assumed lock is as safe as Duke over Mercer.

strictlypaypal
    strictlypaypal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4351

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    spurs in 5
    06-04-14 11:50 pm

jjgold

Thank You

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

I swear I heard the player's from the Spurs yelling "let's win this for Coach" when they were coming out of the tunnel

jjgold

Sanchez I am hot

check my spreadsheet

I am a PRO

ParlayininHTown
    Countdown to death: 1 day
    ParlayininHTown's Avatar Become A Pro!

Only $16,000 to go to fully recover from that devastating Super Bowl bet, Coach.

You got this.

jjgold

Parlay.....one of biggest mismatches in nba history

I knew if before series started

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Sanchez I am hot

check my spreadsheet

I am a PRO
    Yeah..seems like I've heard that somewhere before

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

jjgold

Thank you Bigday and mmachikka

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

jjgold

Roadtrip get a photo of me with a mink, champagne and a trophy

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Congrats coach

jjgold

Thanks Paco

This one was easy

All time down about 5k-8k on big bets but win percentage about 65%

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Video jj? Poppin bottles?

jjgold

No video

I made enough of them

I am humble

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

We are winners

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

take that money and pay your next 3 months rent

ParlayininHTown
    Countdown to death: 1 day
    ParlayininHTown's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    take that money and pay your next 3 months rent

JJ's on fire. Why do something boring and sensible like that?

Time to up the ante with a "hugh" play during Wimbledon.

First ... 23456 Last