Quote Originally Posted by manny24 View Post
    Centy quick penetrate marry kill

Anna Kournikova Ana Ivanovich SBRGaby
    My head just exploded

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Comparing Donovan to the likes of Messi and Ronaldo is an insult to anyone's intelligence.

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

Landon has been in poor form. I don't have a huge issue with leaving him off the team.

You put the players who are on form out there to give yourself the best chance to win.

You don't send Landon to Brasil because you're obligated to.

Common USA one time

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Quote Originally Posted by TheLock View Post
    Landon has been in poor form. I don't have a huge issue with leaving him off the team.

You put the players who are on form out there to give yourself the best chance to win.

You don't send Landon to Brasil because you're obligated to.

Common USA one time
    I agree. His "time off" from the game did not treat him well.
    I feel like his experience is needed when playing on the biggest stage, though.
    Still like the idea of developing younger guys by throwing them out there.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by THam12 View Post
    I agree. His "time off" from the game did not treat him well.
    I feel like his experience is needed when playing on the biggest stage, though.
    Still like the idea of developing younger guys by throwing them out there.
    Oh...they're going to get "developed" alright...I'm happy that the US is moving forward in getting soccer in this country, but we're going to see how inferior MLS soccer is to the rest of the world Our defenders...and backline in particular are going to see speed that they're not used to...and will take cards that will end up costing the US goals

MakePwithMe
    MakePwithMe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

Julian Green has the spark so yanks should be alright

just landon being there to nature him sharing his preparations for world cups is gold they both play in similar positions

every angle seems jurgens made a mistake, only time will tell

julian green remember the name

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    Oh...they're going to get "developed" alright...I'm happy that the US is moving forward in getting soccer in this country, but we're going to see how inferior MLS soccer is to the rest of the world Our defenders...and backline in particular are going to see speed that they're not used to...and will take cards that will end up costing the US goals
    Thats why JK left out as many MLS guys as he could for sure

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Quote Originally Posted by MakePwithMe View Post
    Julian Green has the spark so yanks should be alright

just landon being there to nature him sharing his preparations for world cups is gold they both play in similar positions

every angle seems jurgens made a mistake, only time will tell

julian green remember the name
    We all know the name brotha

hurricane1091
    hurricane1091's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6469

Green hasn't done shit, please stop this nonsense. We have NO penetrating clue what he can actually do and if you want him over LD10 you're literally insane. penetrating kid wasn't good enough for Germany and suckered a deal with JK. I'm sure we'll all love him eventually but I remember the last phenom Juan Aguedelo and does he even soccer anymore??

MakePwithMe

Quote Originally Posted by hurricane1091 View Post
    Green hasn't done shit, please stop this nonsense. We have NO penetrating clue what he can actually do and if you want him over LD10 you're literally insane. penetrating kid wasn't good enough for Germany and suckered a deal with JK. I'm sure we'll all love him eventually but I remember the last phenom Juan Aguedelo and does he even soccer anymore??
    ive already stated you have no fckin clue what is going on

please refrain from posting in soccer related topics

hurricane1091

"Julian Green has the spark"

Be quiet guy. Kid plays 20 minutes for the USMNT and he's got the spark. Right.

MakePwithMe

"Julian Green has the spark"

Be quiet guy. Kid plays 20 minutes for the USMNT and he's got the spark. Right.
    you dont remember this post?

Usmnt will continue to improve. Solid core of young players in Dempsey, Altidore, Bradley, etc. Julian Green now on the team and Jurgen is closing in on converting other internationals over to USA. There are a lot of development teams now and RBNY launched an under 12 team today. Things are improving. I still say our biggest issue is lack of speed. You need either great technical ability or greater speed to compensate for lack there of and we're just average is both categories. I have total faith in the front side of the squad with Bradley, Dempsey, Jozy, and Donovan. Bench midfield and forwards are good too. Timmy Howard is class but the questions are in the back line really and if USA doesn't get passed the group stage I guarantee its not because we get shut out in games. We can score 2 on Germany, Ghana, or Portugal. But can we prevent them from scoring 3+??? Who knows. Sometimes the USA play tight defense and opt for the counter attack game but I hate that a lot because go ask any team on the bottom of the epl table and see how well that works out for them. But if you get too many men forward we all know Ronaldo is fast as hell and can blow past everyone.

Back on topic though. I don't know about Belgium. Say these lines to yourself. 'Belgium has won the world cup!' and if you can do it without laughing then go ahead and place the bet.
    this in itself should ban you from soccer threads, please just stop

you think jurgen picked the kid after only seeing him for usa?

this chaps been lighting up the lower german division, youre pathetic

hurricane1091

Kid has played (granted successfully) a couple dozen games for Bayern's B team. And 20 minutes for the USMNT. Landon Donovan has played 156 games for the USMNT. Countless MLS games and games for Everton and Bayern Munich on loan. This is literally the easiest decision to ever make in my eyes. And even if it's NOT Julian Green who took his spot, it's BRAD DAVIS??????? Brad. Davis. And Chris Wondolowski (who I love). But seriously, if someone doesn't think at least one of those guys shouldn't be there over Donovan they are insane.

If the USMNT gets past the group stage and Julian Green scores a goal, I'll apologize to you.

hurricane1091

I penetrating hope you're right guy. I just really doubt it. Kid came into the picture way too late in my eyes to be of any use at the WC.

hurricane1091

I'm not trying to put the kid down, I just don't know that we want an 18 year old kid who just joined the team out there against Portugal, Ghana, and Germany. He's fast though and he's good but he isn't proven. If he comes out and surprises the world then JK is a genius and we'll all fall in love with the kid and be all merry and shit.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Landon is one of the all time greats of US Soccer but as of Right Now, his form is off and he even admitted that he was having issues with fitness.....I feel like he should have went even if it was just for leadership and as a possible spark off the bench but it's not a huge loss talent wise as he wouldn't have even started

It's not Julian Green vs Landon Donovan anyway.....Brad Davis shouldn't have made it as he doesn't offer much if you wanted to find a spot for LD

Also thought Eddie Johnson or Terrance Boyd are better choices than Wondo up front but whatever....He won't even get much time behind Altidore and probably Johannson

Love taking the young defenders and Julian Green....they are atleast as good as some of the guys left off with much higher potential for now and the future. People sleeping on J Green are crazy, the kid is a stud

MakePwithMe

Kid has played (granted successfully) a couple dozen games for Bayern's B team. And 20 minutes for the USMNT. Landon Donovan has played 156 games for the USMNT. Countless MLS games and games for Everton and Bayern Munich on loan. This is literally the easiest decision to ever make in my eyes. And even if it's NOT Julian Green who took his spot, it's BRAD DAVIS??????? Brad. Davis. And Chris Wondolowski (who I love). But seriously, if someone doesn't think at least one of those guys shouldn't be there over Donovan they are insane.

If the USMNT gets past the group stage and Julian Green scores a goal, I'll apologize to you.
    I already declared jurgen is insane for not calling up donovan

why not take both?

both deserve to be in the squad

in my eyes usa should be grateful you have a player of greens calibre

akphidelt
    akphidelt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 640

Did USA make the World Cup this year?
    Points Awarded:

MakePwithMe gave akphidelt 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

MakePwithMe gave akphidelt 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: MakePwithMe

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Many athletes are gay

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

I'm proud at sucking at soccer

akphidelt

It's kind of sad the greatest country in the history of mankind can't beat 3rd world countries at kicking a ball.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Agudelo actually did well for a struggling Utrecht side in second half of last season

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

lol

Bryan Armen Graham ✔ @BryanAGraham
    Follow

The son of U.S. national team coach Jurgen Klinsmann just deleted his account because he tweeted (then removed) this.

ROYAJA8
    ROYAJA8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 257

Dam I think my rec team can beat this US team. There's so many good players out there and they bring these sorry guys, Cmn USA get with the program already.

horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    Soccer was played the same time as FOOTBALL, a man's sport, when I was a kid.
    I bet you would like it even better if football players would be allowed to hit eachother with baseball bats ... that would really be a man's sport ...

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    No one is saying a group of homosexuals doesn't have endurance either, so your response doesn't make much sense.
    damn soccer players and their spandex tights ... ohh... wait ... those are the football players

Dirty Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
    I'm proud at sucking at soccer
    Find your ass to another thread then

Dirty Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by akphidelt View Post
    It's kind of sad the greatest country in the history of mankind can't beat 3rd world countries at kicking a ball.
    Eventually Ghost you're going to get unmasked

akphidelt

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    Eventually Ghost you're going to get unmasked
    Well you'll be searching for a while... considering the fact I am not a ghost.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    That's disappointing and too classy.

Fukker should have railed.

MakePwithMe

Quote Originally Posted by akphidelt View Post
    Well you'll be searching for a while... considering the fact I am not a ghost.
    wtf is all this ghost business

calling someone a ghost?

ive heard it all now lol

MakePwithMe

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    lol

Bryan Armen Graham ✔ @BryanAGraham
    Follow

The son of U.S. national team coach Jurgen Klinsmann just deleted his account because he tweeted (then removed) this.
    lmao

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

that tweet is a reflection of parent son talks about usa soccer and it's players. can't believe we gave this foreigner carte blanche on how our national soccer team is organized. klinesman disrespected the one player that symbolizes the pride of our national team. fck this!

MakePwithMe

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    that tweet is a reflection of parent son talks about usa soccer and it's players. can't believe we gave this foreigner carte blanche on how our national soccer team is organized. klinesman disrespected the one player that symbolizes the pride of our national team. fck this!
    what we say in england

never trust a german!

First 1234567 Last