Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by cane View Post
    Guys like AI and Reggie Miller were great scorers, Wade does everything great except shoot three's. He's the best shot blocking two-guard in history, he defends, rebounds, passes. He's clearly the third best two guard ever and might even be ahead of Kobe. Anyone who thinks Iverson or Miller were better doesn't understand there's more to the game than putting up a lot of points.
    Agreed....the question of AI versus Wade was on a FB page the other day and AI won in a landslide. I think younger people love AI while thinking Wade needed others. His overall game is superior to AI and Reggie, IMO.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Guys like AI and Reggie Miller were great scorers, Wade does everything great except shoot three's. He's the best shot blocking two-guard in history, he defends, rebounds, passes. He's clearly the third best two guard ever and might even be ahead of Kobe. Anyone who thinks Iverson or Miller were better doesn't understand there's more to the game than putting up a lot of points.
    Theyre just different type players, I dont think it means he's better, if Wade was 6 feet tall and not 6'4 Id say you could wipe out the rebounding category.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    I wouldn't say he didn't work as hard. The injuries were crippling.
    Sometimes when you don't work hard enough you suffer more injuries. Crippling injuries. What if shaq had worked as hard as he did his entire career like he did the first year Phil Jackson coached the lakers. He wouldn't have had as many nagging injuries either.

cane
    cane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3110

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Theyre just different type players, I dont think it means he's better, if Wade was 6 feet tall and not 6'4 Id say you could wipe out the rebounding category.
    Wade is so much better than AI it isn't even debatable. Wade is the better all around player, and you can't say what if he was 6'0 and not 6'4, hell you can say that about anyone, would MJ be considered the greatest ever if he was four inches shorter? BTW, the best season AI ever had shooting the ball was in his second year when he shot .461 from the field, the worst season Wade has ever had shooting was in his rookie year when he shot .465. So Wade's worst shooting percentage in a season is better than AI's best shooting percentage in a season, think about that for a second. Wade is so much more of an efficient player.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Wade is so much better than AI it isn't even debatable. Wade is the better all around player, and you can't say what if he was 6'0 and not 6'4, hell you can say that about anyone, would MJ be considered the greatest ever if he was four inches shorter? BTW, the best season AI ever had shooting the ball was in his second year when he shot .461 from the field, the worst season Wade has ever had shooting was in his rookie year when he shot .465. So Wade's worst shooting percentage in a season is better than AI's best shooting percentage in a season, think about that for a second. Wade is so much more of an efficient player.
    I never completely get wrapped up solely on certain stats like that, I still dont think just because he shot at a higher percentage that makes him better. Of course I dont think MJ would be considered the greatest if he was 4 inches shorter, but thats my whole point, height does make a difference. Wade has a slightly higher career fg percentage than MJ, does that make Wade better, not in my opinion. If Iverson was 6'4 do I think there would be no discussion thats he's better than Wade, yep, I think it would have been more clearer to people then. And vice versa, if Wade was 6'0 then it'd be more clearer, as surely he wouldnt be who he is at 6'4. Iverson was a freak of nature, genetically gifted, fast twitch muscle fibers, just a very unique specimen. I dont downgrade Wade one bit, its just Im not sure Id rate him over Iverson is what Im saying, neither am Im saying Id rate Iverson over Wade.
    Last edited by jtoler; 05-22-14 at 04:44 PM.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wade

Best flopping 2 guard in history

First 123